他们想知道的关于我的任何事 我都会告诉他们
I’ll tell them anything they want to know about me.
与我有关的
About me.
没错
That’s it.
还记得坏家伙布拉德·马里恩吗?
Remember Bad Brad Marion?
最后人们发现 他的700万美元对冲基金
It turns out his 700 million dollar hedge fund
不是你们所说的……真实的
wasn’t what you would call… real.
这是个庞氏骗局
It was a Ponzi scheme.
多年以来 他的基金都被误报为正收益
He’d been falsely reporting profits for years.
他甚至没有在美国证券交易委员会注册
He wasn’t even registered with the SEC.
他用他的朋友们和家人
With the money given to him by friends and family
还有赌局里玩家们给的钱
and players of the game,
购置了几处马里布海滩的房♥子
he bought several Malibu beach houses,
一个停满车的机库
an airplane hangar full of cars,
另一个停了一架飞机的机库
another one with an airplane,
过上他想要的生活
and the life he wanted.
当他被逮捕的时候 他的银行账户里只有740美元
When he was arrested, he had $740 in the bank.
布拉德同意与联邦调查局合作并且在好几个小时里
Brad cooperated with the FBI and gave them hours of testimony
把一切都坦白了
on a range of subjects,
包括三年前 他如何在一家茉莉·布鲁姆开的
including how three years earlier, he’d lost 5.2 million dollars
地下名流扑克局中
in an underground celebrity poker game
损失了520万美元
that was run by a girl named Molly Bloom.
他供认说 是我诱使了他玩高风险游戏
His story was that I’d induced him to play in a high-stakes game.
我想把你介绍给布拉德·马里恩
I just wanted to introduce you to Brad Marion.
并且由于我诱使他 他对赌博上了瘾
And that due to my enabling, he’d become a gambling addict.
是谁让我赌博上瘾
who made me become a gambling addict.
布拉德 这个游戏可能不适合你
Brad, this game might not be for you.
请来了联邦破产律师
Federal bankruptcy lawyers were brought in to recover
以尽可能多地弥补资金
as much of the boosted money as they could.
我收到了传票 然后飞去洛杉矶作证
I was sent a subpoena and flew out to L.A. to be deposed.
你能确认名单上的这些人
Can you confirm the names on the list
都和布拉德·马里恩玩过扑克吗?
all played poker with Brad Marion?
这份名单是布拉德·马里恩给你的吗?
This list was provided to you by Brad Marion?
我只是需要你确认一下
I just need you to confirm for the record
你的牌局包括但不仅限于这个名单上的玩家
that your game included but was not limited to the players on this list.
我知道 我想让你们记录的是
I understand. What I’m trying to get on the record
不是我提供了名单
is that I’m not the one who provided the list.
这份名单是由布拉德·马里恩提供的
These names were provided by Brad Marion.
你发过誓说真话–
So under oath–
是的
Yes.
我可以确认这份名单是准确的
I can confirm the list is accurate.
洛杉矶的玩家和我面临一个选择
The L.A. players and I were given a choice.
在公开法庭上互相指证对方
Testify against each other in open court
或者对布拉德庞氏骗局的受害者进行赔偿
or help make restitution to the victims of Brad’s Ponzi scheme.
我给政♥府♥开了一张50万美元的支票
I wrote the government a check for $500,000.
在纽约的联邦调查局外地办事处的某个地方
And somewhere in an FBI field office in New York,
有人把我的照片钉在了墙上
someone was pinning my picture to a wall.
我一周经营六场牌局
I was running six games a week,
有时一晚去两个不同的地点
sometimes at two different locations in a night.
到现在为止 我已经吸毒成瘾了
And by this point, I was addicted to drugs.
安非他明 安必恩 阿普唑仑 可♥卡♥因♥
Adderall, Ambien, Xanax, coke,
酒精 安定 劳拉西泮 曲唑酮
alcohol, Valium, Ativan, Trazadone–
任何能让我清醒几天
anything that could keep me up for a few days
或者让我入睡几小时的东西
and knock me out for a few hours.
但我却不只是用它们来保持清醒了
But I wasn’t just taking them to stay awake anymore.
我所处的地方是黑暗的 我没有朋友
It was dark and friendless where I was.
我觉得自己陷得太深了 要崩溃了
I felt like I was in a hole so deep, I could go fracking.
那感觉不像是抑郁 比抑郁更加猛烈
It didn’t feel like depression, it felt more violent.
我厌倦了呆在这弥漫着堕落气息的场所
I was tired of living in the frat house I’d built for degenerates.
我厌倦了贪婪
I was tired of the greed–
我的贪婪 不是别人的
mine, not theirs.
每个人的
Everybody’s.
我厌倦了一直嗑药
I was sick of being high all the time.
我厌倦了住在灰色地带
I was sick of living in the gray area.
我不认识自己了我难以识别我认识到了什么
I couldn’t recognize myself and what I recognized,
我无法忍♥受了
I couldn’t stand.
一场牌局后的一天晚上
After a game one night,
道格拉斯·唐尼的表白让我感到惊讶
Douglas Downey surprised me with a confession
在以另一部侦探小说名开场后
after opening with another detective story title.
格特在河里开枪
Gut shot on the river.
我想说点事情
I want to say something.

Okay.
我想说呃…一些事情
I want to say um… something.

Okay.
我只是想说出来
I’m just gonna say it.

Cool.
因为有一首诗…一首著名的呃…
‘Cause there’s a poem… a famous uh…
这首诗是关于….
a poem about…
还未表达的一些想法
thoughts left unexpressed.
树林中出现了两条路
Two roads emerged from the woods.
它们会快速延展么?
Do they explode?
我不清楚
I don’t know.
你喜欢诗歌♥吗?
You like poetry?
一秒钟前我还挺喜欢的 我回头打给你–
I did until a second ago. I’m gonna call you a–
我爱上你了
I’m in love with you.
这不该发生的
This isn’t happening.
简单明了
Plain and simple.
你是我梦寐以求的女人
You’re the woman I’ve always dreamed of
我一直梦想着–
and I’ve been dreaming–
嘘 停下
Shhh stop it.
听我说 道格拉斯?
Listen to me, Douglas?
我是你们所有人都梦想着的女人
I’m the woman all of you have always dreamed of.
我根本就不适合做个妻子
I’m the anti-wife.
我鼓励你赌博
I encourage your gambling.
我给你的饮料是由模特提供的
I have drinks served to you by models
同时她们也给人留下了这样的印象:
who simultaneously create the impression
你是那种
that you’re the kind of guy who can
随时都能拿到一分钱的人
score a dime piece anytime you want.
你在这里很好
It’s nice for you in here.
你知道赛丝是谁吗?
Do you know who Circe was?
呃…
Um…
赛丝
Circe.
参加过特迪·陈牌局的?
Used to play in Teddy Chin’s game?

Nope.
赛丝没有在特迪的牌局里玩过
Circe did not play in Teddy’s game.
她是希腊的魔法女神
She was the Greek goddess of magic
她用酒和蜂蜜为男人们举♥行♥宴会
and she gave men feasts with wine and honey
然后把他们变成猪
and then turned them into swine.
为什么?
Why?
奇妙的问题
Fantastic question.
我永远不会那样对你
I would never do that to you.
我说的你根本没听懂 不过没关系
Missed the point by miles, but that’s okay.

Oh.
呃 茉莉…
Um, Molly…
谢尔比和温斯顿要关门了
Shelby and Winston will close up.
下周见
I’ll see you next week.
给你
Here you go.
非常感谢 兰迪 – 谢谢 莫莉
Thanks a lot, Randy. -Thanks, Molly.
早上好 – 早上好 帕特
Good morning. -Morning, Pat.
帕特是我的司机和保安
Pat was my driver and security.
直接回家?
Straight home?

Yeah.
我们对彼此的了解并不多
We didn’t know much more about each other
但我喜欢他
than we needed to know but I liked him.
我们是朋友
We were friends.
我以前是个竞技运动员
I used to be a competitive athlete.
我不知道你是否知道那个 – 什么运动?
I didn’t know if you knew that. -What sport?
滑雪
Skiing.
自♥由♥式
Freestyle.
你当时滑的厉害不?
Were you good?
我不知道
I don’t know.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!