没错 哎
No. -Aw.
是因为我本就不是吗?
Was it because I wasn’t?
嘿 我已经努力了 虽然这不是我的义务
Hey, I tried, which is what you’re not paying me to do.
那现在怎么办?
So what now?
政♥府♥现在希望你跟他们合作 当目击证人
The government is expressing an interest in you
他们对此很感兴趣
being a cooperating witness.
别说了 茉莉
You don’t say. -Molly.
还有谁有可能目击了那件事?
Who could have possibly seen that coming?
我们来谈一谈
Let’s have the conversation.
没什么可谈的 因为我什么都不知道
It’ll be short because I don’t know anything
帮不了他们什么 你是不知道有什么
at all that can help them. -You don’t know anything
能帮他们宣判那帮俄♥罗♥斯♥人有罪
that can help them convict the Russians
但是你知道能帮他们的事情
but you know things that can help them.
你知不知道就算在审讯中被判有罪的几率
Did you know that 97 percent
高于百分之一
of federal cases never make it to trial?
还是有百分之97的联邦案件
Even though the chances of being convicted
永远也到不了审讯那一关?
at trial is a little more than one in a hundred.
如果你想去审讯 可以啊
If you want to go to trial, that’s fine
但会让你在这件事上
but it’s gonna cost you in the area of
花掉350万美元
three and a half million dollars.
而司法部门知道我没有那么多钱
Which the Justice Department knows I don’t have
因为他们不需要逮捕令
because they took all of my money in a civil forfeiture
依据《民事财产没收法》就没收了我所有的钱
which they can do without a warrant
只是因为我的个人财产没有一个无罪推定
because my property doesn’t have a presumption of innocence.
在17个携带着
Then after I’m arrested by 17 agents
自动武器的特工 他们只是为了震慑我
holding automatic weapons, totally necessary
把我逮捕后
and not at all meant to intimidate me,
给了我两天时间去雇一位律师
I’m given two days to hire a lawyer
并走上在这个国家的另一边的法庭上
and appear in a courtroom on the other side of the country.
如果你的意思是
If you are saying that everything that happens
从你被捕的那一刻所发生的的一切
from the moment you are arrested is designed
都是为了让你认罪的话 你说的对
to persuade you to plead guilty, you are correct.
所以告诉我所有能让我帮上忙的办法
So tell me all the ways I can help
因为我真的觉得我欠他们一个人情
’cause I really feel I owe it to them.
噢 说到欠
Oh, speaking of owing,
美国国税局从我这儿拿走了钱 保留了税务扣押权
the IRS put a tax lien on the money they took from me.
你在开玩——
Are you ki–
好吧 这些都没什么大不了的
All right. None of that matters.
拿走我的钱又不是我交的税
Taking my money wasn’t a tax,
我还得把钱交给他们
I also need to give them my money
不然他们又会拿走
Or they’ll take it again.
这些都没关系 这得说清楚
None of that matters. -It needed to be said.
没多大关系
Not really.
所以 其实你并没有兴趣
So, to be clear, you’re not interested in entering
与检察官达成合作的协定
a cooperation agreement with the prosecutors.
如果我有指证一个坏人有罪的话
If I had testimony that would lead to the conviction of a bad guy,
没有人会强迫我合作了
no one would have to coerce me into cooperating.
但我没有 我只有丑闻
But I don’t. I have dirt.
猛料和绯闻
I have dish. I have gossip.
所以我对于检察官的价值和对于好莱坞的价值
So my value to the prosecution is exactly the same
是一样的
as it is to Hollywood.
我是来保证《纽约邮报》能掩盖这次审讯的消息
I’m here to ensure the New York Post covers the trial.
我是来卖♥♥门票的
I’m here to sell tickets.
但这仍然对起诉有价值
Which is nonetheless value to the prosecution
所以我们做的是最大限度的利用它
so what we do is leverage it
来给你争取一个有利的量刑裁定
to get you a favorable sentencing recommendation
或者 更好的就是 完全免罪
or, better yet, complete immunity.
谁?
What?!
喔 嘿 亲爱的
Oh, hey, honey.
嗨 斯特拉 嗨
Hey, Stella. -Hey.
他现在让你干什么?
What does he have you doing now?
写一篇关于他觉得有共同主题的三首诗的论文
An essay on three poems with what he believes are a common theme.
不是一篇论文 只是两段话
Not an essay. Two paragraphs.
哪三首诗?
Which three poems?
《紧闭》《匆匆》和《墙》
“Close”, “Rush” and “Walls”.
哦 我知道 它们共同的主题是什么呢?
Oh, I know those. What’s the common theme?
它们的标题都只有一个词
Things with one-word titles.
你确定你能教好她诗歌♥?
Are you sure you’re qualified to be teaching her poetry?
等等 对啊
Hang on. And yes.
你想要离家出走的时候
Anytime you want to run away form home,
随时都可以来找我跟我住
you can come live with me.
那你会发现她没有家
Then you discover she doesn’t have a home
然后回来找我
and you come back to me.
写的很好 好了
This is good. Great.
你为什么不吃点零食
Why don’t you grab a snack,
找一间会议室开始做作业
start your homework in one of the conference rooms.
好吧 再见
Okay, see ya.
没有法律规定你不能打他的头
There’s no law that says you can’t just hit him in the head.
确实有这条法律
There is a law that says that,
我教她读的第一句话就是说这个的
it’s the first thing I taught her to read.
去吧
Go.
我的父亲以前也给我们布置课外作业
My father used to give us extra work.
我能问一个问题吗?
Can I ask you a question?
你认为我对她太严格了吗?
You think I’m too hard on her?
当我第一次搬到洛杉矶的时候我碰到了一个女孩 她22岁
I met a girl when I first moved to L.A. she was 22.
某人通过第三方安排
Someone arranged through a third party
跟她去伦敦共度一个周末
to spend a weekend with her in London.
你知道这个女孩得到了什么吗?
You know what she got?
一个周末? 5000美元
For the weekend? Five grand.
一只包包
A bag.
一只她梦寐以求的香奈儿包
A Chanel bag she wanted.
不管你跟斯特拉做什么
Whatever you’re doing with Stella,
给他翻两倍
double it.
之后你的父亲在哪儿?
Where’s your father in all this?
你是说在哪儿呆着吗?
You mean physically?
他在……科罗拉多州
He’s in… Colorado.
你的父母还在一起吗?
Your parents still together?

No.
你跟你的父亲亲近吗?
You and your father close?

No.
他对你严格吗?
Was he tough on you?
你知道有多少参加奥林匹克运动会的女孩有着严格的父亲么?
You know how many girls at the Olympics have demanding fathers?
所有的?
All of them?

That’s right.
我让他操碎了心
I was tough on him.
什么意思?
What do you mean?
唔……
Mmmmmm…
我很调皮
I was a brat.
父亲们是不介意的
Fathers don’t care.
我会跟他打架
I’d start fights with him.
为什么?
Why?
你在撒谎!
You were lying!
为什么我会跟他打架?
Why would I start fights with him?

Yeah.
我打电♥话♥到研究生院找你
I put you through grad school.
我抚养孩子
I raised the kids.
我做了一切 天哪 一切
I did every God–everything.

No.
不 你听我说
No, you listen to me.
你所做的都背叛了我
All you do is cheat on me.
对我和孩子们撒了谎
And lie to me. And lie to the kids.
你对你的妻子和孩子们撒了谎
You lie to your wife and you lie to your kids.
我不知道
I don’t know.
确切的说
For the record,
我被指控的触犯那条法律
the law, 1955, that I’m accused of breaking,
《美国法典》第1955节 定义赌博为在涉及几率的游戏中下注
it defines gambling as betting on games of chance.
没错 扑克牌才不是几率游戏
Yes. -Poker isn’t a game of chance.
轮盘赌才是几率游戏
Roulette’s a game of chance.
扑克是一种技巧游戏
Poker’s a game of skill.
行了 如果我是你
Still, if I were you–

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!