每一分钱都是合法收入并记录在册
Every square inch of it legal and on the books.
我已是世界上最大的牌局经营者
I was the biggest game runner in the world
这些钱都是玩家们给的小费
All tips.
我从未收取过经营牌局的佣金
I still hadn’t taken a rake.
而那时我还没有在无意间
And I still hadn’t accidentally recruited
招募到俄♥罗♥斯♥犯罪集团的成员
members of a Russian crime syndicate.
起初 我用服药的方式保持清醒
In the beginning, I was using drugs to stay awake.
先吃的是苯♥丙♥胺♥
First Adderall.
然后是碾碎苯♥丙♥胺♥药片来加速药效
Then Adderall crushed up to defeat the time release.
接着是可♥卡♥因♥ 安定药 维柯丁 氨酚羟考酮片和更多的苯♥丙♥胺♥
Then coke, Valium, Vicodin, Percocet, and more Adderall.
我租了间顶楼豪华公♥寓♥
I rented a penthouse apartment
安装了等离子显示器用来监视赌徒们
and installed plasma screens for the sports bettors.
我于周三、周四和周日在我住处
I had the lower-stakes games on Wednesdays,
安排低风险牌局
Thursdays and Sundays at my place,
高额牌局会于周二晚在广场大酒店举办
with Tuesday night at The Plaza being the big game.
19点时发牌人会到位 搭好赌桌并将其收拾整齐
At seven, the dealers came, the table was set up and polished
赌桌边放好10把椅子 间距为12英寸
and ten chairs were placed around it exactly twelve inches apart.
我使用定制的筹码 雇了两位发牌人 每人工作1小时
I used custom chips and two dealers who worked an hour on,
轮番上岗 新一对发牌人12小时之后到位
an hour off, with a new crew coming in after 12 hours.
我们发现赌场的一些特定的气味
Casinos had discovered that certain scents make people
会使人愿意下高额赌注
more likely to place big bets.
赌场用的是通风设备来放出这些气味
The casinos pump those scents in through the ventilation.
而我用的是特制的蜡烛
I had custom candles made.
我现在合作的发牌人叫B
I had been working with a new dealer named B.
并不是碧翠斯的简称(Bea)只是个缩写字母而已
Not like Beatrice, just the initial.
她一直在纽约东部的贫民区的垃圾棋牌室上班
She’d been working on trashy card rooms on the East Side
我们成了朋友
and we became friends.
发牌速度慢一点
Tone it down.
土豪玩家可不喜欢发牌太快
The big players don’t like fast hands.
用发牌来嘲讽我 你厉害
Sarcastic dealing. Cool.
你必须把这事跟他们挑明了 疯子才会在这事上保持沉默
You’ve gotta do it. Not doing it is insanity.
你必须得看清这件事
You must be able to see that.
玩家已在你的赌桌上耍四五次手段了
You’ve been stiffed four or five times.
你损失了数十万美元
You’ve got hundreds of thousands on the street,
而这些钱你永远也别想再看到了
That’s money you’re never gonna see again.
B很久前就一直在跟我提这件事
B have been suggesting it for a long time.
她再次提出这个建议
She was suggesting it again
是因为前一周发生了一件事
because of an incident the week before.
嗨 科尔 – 嗨
Hey, Cole. -Hey.
进来 – 谢谢 我的支票在你这儿?
Come on in. -Thanks. You got my check?

I do.
这里 – 谢谢你
It’s right here. -Thank you.
嘿 能来看看监控上的一些东西吗?
Hey, can I show you something on TV?
呃 其实我有点赶时间
Uh, actually I’m… kind of a hurry.
一会儿就行 坐
It’ll just take a second, have a seat.
这是上周二的牌局
This is last Tuesday’s game.
妈的 茉莉 如果那些玩家发现
Shit, Molly, if the guys find out that
你监视他们 那些人会发疯的
you’ve got cameras on ’em, they’re gonna go nuts.
嗯 那是你 坐在第七张椅子上
Yeah. That’s you in the seventh chair.
看你那堆筹码
Look at your stack of chips.
出租车在楼下等着我呢 你就…
I got a cab downstairs, just–
看时间戳 凌晨1:06
Look at the time stamp. 1:06 a.m.
再快进到1:07
Let’s fast forward to 1:07.
1:07你的手在布斯迪身后
1:07 you lose the hand to Boosty.
这是什么? -1:08
What is this? -1:08.
我们的资料显示你在1:06和1:08之间没有买♥♥进
Our sheets say that you didn’t buy in again between 1:06 and 1:08
但是… 你的筹码变多了
but look at that… your stack’s bigger.
我可以解释的 这只是个… -好吧 倒回去看
I can explain, this is just a– -Okay, let’s rewind.
这块屏幕显示玩家的变化
This screen’s got the dealer changeover
同一时间这块屏幕上…
while the same time on this screen…
嗯…
aaaand…
就是这样
there we are.
这就是我周二牌局中有57000美元对不上账的原因
This is why I can’t reconcile $57,000 from Tuesday’s game.
7-11便利店给雪泥机都安有监控
A 7-11’s got security cameras on their Slushy machine,
每两分钟我这就有一百万美元易手 蠢货
I’ve got a million dollars changing hands every two minutes, imbecile,
你以为我不会监视牌桌?
you don’t think I’ve got eyes on the table?
放松
Relax.
我 呃 欠别人钱 – 我知道
I, uh, I owe people money. -I know.
为什么不从信托基金里拿?
Why isn’t it coming from the trust fund?
我需要父母允许才能拿到那么多钱
I need my parents’ permission to get that much.
他们会杀了我的 你肯定体会不到我的心情
And they’d kill me. You don’t even understand what it’s like.
人们只是没有意识到有信托基金的孩子
People just don’t realize trust fund kids are
在当前的经济情况下也会受苦
suffering in this economy too.
我知道错了
I realize what I did was wrong.
你花了很多心血才想到这个办法的吧?
Did it take a lot of soul searching to get you there?
我真的错了 – 好吧 第一
I meant that– -Okay, first of all,
那些造假筹码的人
the guys that are making the counterfeit chips
会找上你
are taking you for a ride.
他们知道筹码上有签名
They know that there are signatures built in the chips,
确切的重量 红外线标记
exact weight, infrared markings–
放松 第二
Breathe. Second,
别在其他牌局里造假
don’t try this at anyone else’s game
一旦你这么做了 他们会用一种完全不同于我的方式
because if you do, they’re gonna express their anger
来表达他们的愤怒
in a much different way than I am.
等我拿到你欠我的57000美元
You owe me $57,000, when I get it
会给你这段录像 但在那之前
you get the tape, but until then
你不能参加其他牌局
you don’t play in anyone’s game.
所以接下来的周二晚上 B又提了这事
So when Tuesday night came, B was at it again.
这样的曝光太疯狂了 迟早会出问题
Your exposure’s crazy. It’s not if, it’s when.
你会搞砸的
You’re gonna get blown up.
风险太高了
Your risk is nuts.
如果我做手脚 这个牌局将不再合法
If I took a rake, this game would no longer be legal.
如果你支付不了 这个牌局将不存在
And if you can’t cover, this game will no longer exist.
你现在相当于银行
You’re the bank now.
你保证这个游戏顺利进行
You’re guaranteeing the game.
如果你感觉自己承担不了
If you see a hand you don’t want to carry,
就看下我
just look at me,
示意我一个数字
flash me a number,
然后我抽出利润
and I’ll take it off the table.
大多数经营者的上限是5%
Most runners cap it at five percent.
牌桌上见 – 嗯
I’ll see you out there. -See you out there.
两周之后的凌晨两点
Two weeks later around 2 a.m.
有一场赌注高达130万美元的牌局
there was a pot that was up to 1.3 million pre-flop
亮牌
Call.
仍有五位玩家参加
with five players still in.
我希望其中四人收手
My hope was that the flop would chase four of them off
20万
200,000.
加10万
Raise 100,000.
先生 30万
300,000 to you, sir.
亮牌
Call.
现在牌桌上有210万的交易
There was now 2.1 million on the table.
30万 先生
300,000 to you, sir.
加20万
Plus 200.
260万
2.6 million.
300万
Three million.
B说得对
She was right,
我在扩大信贷额度
I was extending credit, big numbers.
这不像哈兰·尤斯蒂斯那样 他并没让我对上帝产生恐惧
And it’s not like Harlan Eustice hadn’t already put the fear of God into me.
如果我承担不起 哪怕只有一次 这场游戏就到此结束
If I couldn’t pay, one time, that’d be the end of the game.
我拥有决定权
I was the house.
所以我快速做了决定
That’s how quickly I made the decision.
几乎同时 B拿出两成
And just as quickly, B calculated two percent of the pot
然后抽身
and took it off the table.
就是这样
That was it.
我做了手脚 违反了美国刑法
I’d just taken a rake, in violation of U.S. Criminal Code
那是1955年
1955.
是时候介绍道格拉斯·唐尼了
It’s time to introduce Douglas Downey
是他让我们一败涂地
’cause Downey’s gonna take us all the way home.
唐尼是个酒鬼 他会在游戏结束后留下来
Downey was a drunk and he’d stay after the game and hang out
在我记账的时候闲逛
while I did the books.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!