眼镜蛇酒吧早就有牌局了
when you came along.
我说的是在纽约建的牌局 是我白手起家干起来的
The New York game is what I’m talking about, I built from scratch.
我是老板 谁能开的了我 所以你这套行不通
I wasn’t fireable, I made sure of that. So no.
我根本没在听你说的话
I wasn’t really listening.
我不允许你在法庭上
I’m refusing you permission
使用次要角色减分这个策略
to seek a minor role reduction.
我不允许你贬低我的事业
I’m refusing you permission to invalidate my entire career.
我根本不在乎
And I’m not caring.
我创建了一个成功的…
I built a successful–
嘿 你想要孩子吗?
Hey, do you want kids?
你是否想过组建自己的家庭?
You interested in having a family?
非常想
Very much.
如果我不用次要角色减分策略
I don’t get you some point reductions
根据量刑建议指南
and the sentencing recommendation guidelines
你至少被判8至12年有期徒刑
say 8 to 12 years and that’s before
这还没算他们想以洗钱罪再给你加的几年刑期呢
they try to jam you up more for money laundering.
洗钱罪?开玩笑吗 – 当你把俄♥罗♥斯♥人的钱
Money laundering? Are you– -The moment you changed…
换成筹码时 你就…
the Russians’ money for chips.
我当时不清楚
I would’ve had to have been aware
那钱是怎么来的… – 你要是能找到
where the money was– -Find me 12 men and women
12个男人和女人(陪审团)相信你当时根本不清楚
who’ll believe that you weren’t aware of exactly
坐在你的赌桌前的人是谁 他们的钱是怎么来的 我就听你的
who was sitting at your table and where their money came from.
所以说 就得按我的策略来
So, that’s it.
你就是个赌桌边上端酒的女服务员
You were a cocktail waitress.
当我在洛杉矶的牌局经营失败后 我对自己说这没什么大不了的
When I lost the L.A. game, I told myself it was no big deal.
这本不过是个冒险活动
It was just supposed to be an adventure
能认识许多有影响力的名人
and a way to meet influential people.
我已存下了20多万美元
And I’d saved over $200,000.
但那不过是我抵挡
But that was just a weak firewall I’d hastily built
即将到来的屈辱和失落
to keep out the humiliation and depression
而匆忙建起来的防火墙
I knew was coming.
这牌局不可能长久经营下去
It had to end sometime.
只不过我认为 何时收手能由我来决定
I just thought it would be on my time.
这牌局给了我身份
The game had given me an identity,
尊重
respect,
和一个在我曾难以企及的社交圈中
and a defined place
为圈内人所认可的地位
in a world that was inaccessible
而这些在一瞬间都化为泡影
and in one irrational heartbeat it was taken away.
我一夜之间
I was irrelevant
变成没人在意的无名小卒
and forgotten overnight.
牌局经营失败已是两周前的事了
It’d been two weeks since I lost the game
我预约了一位心理医生
and I made an appointment to see someone
因为那时的屈辱感和失落感
because now the humiliation and depression
已被一种莫名的愤怒所取代
had given way to blinding anger at my powerlessness
愤怒是因为男人可以为所欲为 而我却无能为力
over the unfair whims of men.
我认识到了世间本无规则可言
It was that there weren’t any rules.
他们的权力得以行使并非因为对或错
These power moves weren’t framed by right and wrong,
不过是他们的自负和虚荣心使然罢了
just ego and vanity.
他们恣意妄为 不顾后果
Selfish whims with no regard for consequence.
没有公平 没有公正
No fairness, no justice.
还有X玩家打来的那通充满贱笑的电♥话♥
And that giggling, cackling call from Player X.
你是真废了
You are so fucked.
我才不想在那个贱男人面前认输呢
I couldn’t lose to that green-screened little shit
更不想按心理医生要求的去放下
and I didn’t want a therapist to make me feel okay about it.
你知道在失败时 我怎样才能舒心吗?
You know what makes me feel okay about losing?
去赢回来
Winning.
我搭上开往纽约的飞机
I got on a plane to New York.
华尔街 麦德逊大道(美国广♥告♥业中心)
Wall Street, Madison Avenue,
第五大道 达科塔公♥寓♥ 圣雷莫公♥寓♥(纽约富人居住区)
Fifth Avenue, the Dakota, the San Remo…
这些地方有的是潜在玩家 我只需要引他们入局
the players were here, I just had to bait the hook.
这次 我不找电影明星
This time, I didn’t have movie stars.
这次 我从那些花♥花♥公♥子♥的玩伴女郎入手
This time, I used Playboy Playmates.
这些女郎可不是什么普通角色
These weren’t just any Playmates.
杰茜从小就在棋牌室工作
Jesse was a Puerto Rican knockout
她可是个波多黎各大美女
who grew up working in card rooms
而她本身就是个玩牌高手
and was a good player herself.
我可以通过给她投赌资 进入到其他赌局中
I could stake her, infiltrate other games
然后把那些高端赌局玩家引到我这边来
and poach their big-ticket players.
准备捞更多的钱了吗?
You ready to make some money?
谢尔比会编写代码
Shelby could write code
她做的人物背景调查比美国运输安♥全♥局♥还全面
and run more thorough background checks than the TSA.
这是你在花旗银行的账户
Here’s your account at Citibank.
温斯顿是一位美国外交官的女儿
Winston was the daughter of an American diplomat.
她在九个国家生活过
She’s lived in nine different countries
她有半数沙特皇室成员的电子邮箱地址
and had the e-mail addresses of half the Saudi royal family.
曼哈顿最大的牌局是谁在做?
Who’s the biggest game in Manhattan?
无论哪个晚上 最大的的牌局不是泰迪·陈就是图提·提思卡诺在做
On any given night, it’s either Teddy Chin or Tooty Tiscano.
但这只限于曼哈顿区 – 你什么意思?
But that’s Manhattan. -What do you mean?
纽约最大的牌局是在布鲁克林
The biggest game in New York is in Brooklyn.
俄♥罗♥斯♥犹太人 想入局最少要有10万美元
Russian Jews. Buy-in’s 100K.
没人经营牌局 他们就直接赌钱
No one runs the game, they just play and pay.
我们无法保证他们他们是否与电影明星们有接触
We couldn’t promise anyone they’d rub elbows with movie stars.
但是纽约具备了好莱坞所不具备的一点
But New York has one thing Hollywood doesn’t.
洋基队球员
The Yankees.
尤其是那位球员
And there was one Yankee in particular
所有美国男人都会愿意排着队输钱给他
that every man in America would line up to lose to.
别大声念出他的名字
Don’t say his name out loud.
把名字写在鸡尾酒巾上 然后团起酒巾
Write it on a cocktail napkin, crumple the napkin up,
放入水中 这样他们能看到墨水在水杯里分解
put it in a glass of water so they can see the ink dissolve.
有这个必要么? – 不 完全没这个必要
That’s really necessary? -No, it’s not at all necessary.
我们什么时候告诉他们牌局开启时间?
When do we tell them the game’s gonna start?
跟他们说牌局每周开启一次
Tell them it’s been happening once a week for
牌局会持续开大约半年时间 地点现在不方便透露
about six months at a location you won’t disclose right now.
想要占牌局一席之地的人可不少 但是..
There’s a pretty long waiting list for a chair but
茉莉..她就在附近
Molly’s… here somewhere and
我可以把你介绍给她
I’ll introduce you to her.
入局最低5万美元 盲注是1-5?
50K buy-in, blinds are five and one?
可以 5万…
Yeah, fifty…
茉莉?
Mol?
入局最低5万美元?
50K buy-in?

No.
25万美元
Two hundred and fifty.
这闹出的动静可不会小
That’s gonna make noise.
足够响彻罗迪欧大道了
Enough to be heard on Rodeo Drive.
纽约长岛黄金海岸可以说是范德比兹家族
The Gold Coast of Long Island has been home to the Vanderbilts,
罗斯福家族 惠特尼家族 J·P·摩根和F.W·伍尔沃斯的家了
Roosevelts, Whitneys, J.P. Morgan, and F.W. Woolworth.
想要加入牌局是不可能的
It’s an impossible ticket to get,
但我能帮你跟茉莉谈谈
but I can talk to Molly.
今晚的筹资活动要求每人捐1万美元
Tonight was a ten-thousand per person fundraiser
是为了给东汉普顿游艇俱乐部做大翻修
to pay for major renovations at the East Hampton Yacht Club.
茉莉就在附近
Molly’s around here somewhere.
我可以介绍你们认识 但是我可不保证你们能进牌局
I can introduce you but I wouldn’t get my hopes up.
这话倒是没错
That’s for real.
如果有给汉普顿那帮买♥♥得起游艇的土豪居民
If there was a charity event for residents of the Hamptons
举办的慈善活动
who own yachts,
在我这行里 这活动该叫土豪玩家目标选定区
in my business, that’s called a target rich environment.
我必须得跟你说 初次入场赌资是25万美元
I have to tell you the initial buy-in is 250,000.
25万 几乎跟我第二辆车一个价了
250,000, that’s almost as much as my second car.
你的朋友会去牌局那吗?
Your friends come to the games?
会的
Mm-hmm.
只用7周 我们就找到了
It took only seven weeks of recruiting
10名牌局玩家和7名候补玩家
to get ten players and seven on a waiting list.
而在这圈子里
And in these circles,
这足以开启一段神话了
that was more than enough to start the mythology.
牌局后的次日早晨 赌徒们就会在伦敦
By morning, gamblers would be telling and hearing
东京和迪拜这些地方互相谈论
stories about this game in London,
牌局的事
Tokyo, and Dubai.
全押
All in.
年底时 我的报账收入是
At the end of that year, I reported an income of
477万3千美元
four million, seven hundred and seventy-three thousand dollars.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!