真不知道你在等什么
I don’t know what you’re waiting for.
上好的心脏又不会
It’s not as if a brand-new heart’s just gonna drop
从天上掉下来
out of the skies, is it?
再来一次 让开
Go again. Clear.
还是没反应
Still nothing.
我真的搞不懂
I don’t understand any of this.
我让他去扫扫前廊他都不肯
I couldn’t get him to sweep the front porch,
现在却帮邻居刷房♥子活活累死
and he works himself to death painting the neighbor’s house.
悲痛中最诡异的一件事
The strangest thing about grieving
就是意识到心爱的人死去
is realizing the loved one’s death
其实没什么大不了
really isn’t that big of a deal.
你干嘛对我说这种话
W… Why would you say that to me?
你尝过饼干吗
Have you had a cookie?
我不吃谷蛋白
I am gluten-free!
玛丽 你丈夫的死就像一出希腊悲剧
Marie, your husband’s death is like a Greek tragedy.
阿伽门农不就是从梯子上摔下去的吗
Wasn’t it Agamemnon that fell from a ladder?
闭嘴 闭嘴
Shut up! Shut up!
有脉搏了 他活过来了
We’ve got a pulse. He’s alive.
蒂姆 蒂姆
Tim? Tim?
玛丽
Marie?
多好的一颗心
Perfectly good heart.
你竟然叫了救护车
You called an ambulance.
晚安 -你好啊
Good evening. – Hi there.
赫尔曼 你的客人来了
Herman, it’s for you.
很高兴在吃晚饭之前能跟你聊聊
I’m very happy that we can have this little chat before dinner.
我想大家都知道你来我家了吧
I suppose everyone knows you’ve come a-visiting.
不是 -不是 没人知道吗
Uh, no. – No? No one?
没有妻子 没有孩子
No wife? No children?
我妻子不能生育
My wife was barren.
而且自从她死后 野生探险就成了
And ever since she died, the Wildlife Explorers
我唯一的社交活动
is really the only socializing that I do.
婚姻与死亡
Marriage and mortality.
“直到死亡将你我分离”
“Till death do us part.”
我有过许多位新娘
I have had many brides.
全都死了
All dead now.
但我们仍然保持着联♥系♥
But we keep in touch.
我也感觉温蒂·乔依然在我身边
I feel Wendie Jo with me every day.
这种感觉是多么的美妙啊
Lovely as that sentiment is,
真是太感人了
and it really is just… so nice…
你曾想过要敞开心扉寻找第二春吗
Have you ever thought of opening your heart to new possibilities?
不 我不能
Oh, no. I couldn’t.
史蒂文 温蒂·乔是不会
Steven, it’s not as if Wendie Jo
从坟墓中爬出来
is going to crawl up out of the grave
阻止你去爱和被爱的
and stop you from loving and being loved.
她是火化之后安葬的
She was cremated. And entombed.
很老派嘛
Old school, eh?
坐
Sit.
史蒂文
Now, Steven,
有件事我之前并未对你直言
I have not been entirely honest with you.
是赫尔曼
It’s Herman.
他病了 是个病人
He’s sick. A sick man.
赫尔曼怎么了
What’s wrong with Herman?
他快死了
He’s dying.
心脏出了问题
It is his heart.
他一想莉莉要失去丈夫
And he’s mortified at the thought of leaving
艾迪要失去父亲 就悲痛欲绝
Lily and Eddie without a husband and father, respectively.
可怜的赫尔曼
Poor Herman.
可怜的莉莉
Poor Lily.
赫尔曼就快死了
Herman will be dead soon.
他的苦难即将终结
His suffering will be over.
而莉莉却要一个人生活下去 孤苦无依
It is Lily that must go on… alone… with her demons.
是会很孤独的 -是啊
It does get very lonely. – Yes.
你是个鳏夫
You are a widower.
莉莉也几乎是个寡妇
Lily is… almost a widow.
即将成为寡妇 准寡妇
A widow-in-waiting. A widow elect.
不要生气 我只是为将来做打算
Do not be angry with me for just thinking of the future.
这太突然了
Seems a little sudden.
她丈夫还健在呢
Since her husband is still alive.
他随时都可能死掉
He could go at any moment.
我谨请你考虑一下我们共同的意愿
I’m simply asking you to think of the kindred spirit.
打开你的胸膛…心扉
And open up your chest… your heart.
我本不想突然出现
I didn’t mean for me to be a surprise.
是我想要给你们一个惊喜
I meant for you to be a surprise.
你的惊喜令我不安
Your surprises make me nervous.
好多肉
This is a lot of meat.
史蒂文
Steven
你是个鳏夫 对吧
A widower, eh?
走出丧妻的悲痛很不容易吧 史蒂文
It’s very hard to come back from something like that, isn’t it, Steven?
有奋斗目标的日子并不难过
Not so hard you wouldn’t have lots to live for, though.
是吧 史蒂文
Right, Steve?
一此野生探险帮助我改变了观点
A wildlife explorer honor patch helped put it all in perspective.
哪一次 -系谱学探险
Which one? – The genealogy patch.
其中一个任务是编撰家谱
One of the requirements is you make a family tree.
艾迪 你编过家谱吗
Eddie, you ever make a family tree?
我们试过 但是没能完成
We tried it, but it took too long.
爷爷活得太久了
Grandpa’s been alive forever.
这是一个纪念亲人的好方法
It’s a real nice way to remember everyone who’s ever been a branch.
即便他们已经过世了
Even though they may be gone.
我的亲人全都在
My branch is still here.
你的亲人永远都会在…家谱上
Your branch will always be there on your tree.
你们让我感受到了家的温馨
You all have made me feel so at home.
我感觉就像坐下来和家人共进晚餐
I feel like I’m sitting down, having dinner with my own family.
你的一部分是的
Part of you is.
赫尔曼 过来说句话
Herman, a word.
为什么那个人会来我们家
Why is that man in our house?
我要拿他的心脏
I was going to take his heart,
爷爷想喝他的血
and Grandpa wants to drink his blood.
这两件事中有哪一件
Are either of those things going to happen
会今晚在餐厅里发生吗
in the dining room tonight?
“我不知道”应该不是你要的回答
“I don’t know” may not be the answer you’re looking for.
赫尔曼 这两件事中任何意见
Herman… neither of those things
都不可以今晚在餐厅里发生
will happen in the dining room tonight
也不许在艾迪面前 绝对不行
or in front of Eddie, ever.
我同意 这就是我们的目标
I agree. That should be our goal.
我们得告诉艾迪他的身份
We have to tell Eddie what he is.
没错
Yes.
我是说 你来告诉他
I mean, you have to tell him.
不是应该一起告诉他吗
Shouldn’t we both tell Eddie?
我不希望他那样看我
I don’t want him to look at me
他知道自己和我一样之后
how he’s gonna look at me
一定会那样看我
when he finds out he’s gonna be like me.
我不忍♥心告诉他
I don’t have the heart to tell him.
我也不确定我狠得下心
I’m not sure I do either.
天啊 赫尔曼
Oh, Herman.
你的心怎么了
What’s wrong with your heart?
我爱得太深
I love too hard.
我真的喜欢这颗心的感觉
I really liked how this heart felt…
对你还有对艾迪
feels… about you… about Eddie.
往小了说 对玛丽莲
To a lesser extent, Marilyn,
往更小了说 对爷爷
to a much lesser extent, Grandpa.
我害怕我的感觉会变
I’m afraid of feeling differently.
我可以忍♥受感觉有所不同
Well, I can survive feeling differently,
只要我们仍然是一家人
as long as we feel like a family.
替爸爸担心总是容易没胃口
Easy to lose your appetite when you’re worried about your dad.
我不吃肉 -几时开始的
I don’t eat meat. – Since when?
从我上一次吃肉之后
Since whenever the last time I ate meat was,
那将是我最后一次吃肉
which will be the last time I will ever eat meat.
不不不
No, no, no, no, no.
我们明斯特是肉食者
We Munsters are meat eaters.
这是几百年来的传统
Have been for centuries.