Oh, yes, yes, very good.
我得开始复习法语了
I’ll have to start brushing
up on my French.
我想我会坐飞机
I think I’ll fly.
也就是说, 除非我们能一起去
That is, unless we can go together.
那样的话, 我更喜欢慢一点的船
In that case, I’d prefer a slow boat.
一个会…
One that would…
-那不是德语, 是荷兰语 -我知道
-That isn’t German, it’s Dutch. -I know.
史蒂夫, 你确定把880还给印第安人了吗?
Steve, are you sure you gave
880 back to the Indians?
听着, 我之前告诉过你
Look, I told you before,
在我看来, 他已经死透了
he’s deader than a doornail
as far as I’m concerned.
有人曾经说过, 一项未完成的任务
Someone once said
that a task left undone
创造了一个再多的成就也无法填补的空白
creates a void that no amount
of achievement can fill.
谁是那个白♥痴♥, 做了这个梦?
Who’s the imbecile that
dreamed that one up?
是我
I am.
船长
Skipper.
你找到伴侣了!
You found the mate!
哦, 你真可爱
Oh, you’re a darling.
这是我最后一笔古董交易
It’s my last transaction in antiques.
记得你真好
You’re sweet to remember.
星期一, 我要开始新的职业了
On Monday, I start a new career.
你听说我的新工作了吗?
Suppose you’ve heard about my new job?
消息传得太快了
The news travels so fast,
我还以为是总统的任命呢
I thought it was a presidential appointment.
这个多少钱?
How much is this one?
他们想让我今天就开始
They wanted me to start today.
我说: “在星期六开始一份新工作?”
I said, “Start a new career on a Saturday?
这没有道理”
That doesn’t make sense.”
-船长, 多少钱? -嗯?
-Skipper, how much? -Hmm?
纺车
The spinning wheel.
哦, 3美元, 和上次一样
Oh, three dollars, same as last.
哦, 别傻了
Oh, don’t be silly.
那一个是5元
The other one was five.
给, 在这里
Now, here.
当你开始做一件事的时候
Oh, when you start something,
你总是从头开始
you always start at the beginning.
是啊, 在星期六开始一项新的职业会…
Yeah, starting a new career on
a Saturday is just going to…
嗯, 我确定我这里有2美元
Well, I was sure I had two dollars here.
某个地方
Someplace.
我不会接受的, 船长
I won’t take it, Skipper.
哦, 他们在一起看起来很漂亮
Oh, they look beautiful together.
我坚持要付出同样的价钱
I insist on paying the same price.
你会的, 只要我找到那2美元
You will, soon as I find the two dollars.
哎呦
Whoops.

Ah.
我的新工作需要庆祝一下
My new job calls for a celebration.
我要出去买♥♥点东西, 也许是一瓶葡萄酒
I’m going out to get some things,
bottle of wine maybe.
-你已被邀请 -船长
-You’re invited. -Skipper.
嗯?
Hmm?
你确定是3美元吗?
Are you sure it was three dollars?
嗯?
Huh?
第一个纺车
For the first one.
哦, 第一个
Oh, the first one.
是的, 是的, 我把零钱放在你的钱包里了
Yes, yes, I put the change in your purse.
我看到你有客人来吃午饭了
I see you’re having company for lunch.
他也被邀请了
He’s invited, too.
下午好, 布坎南先生
Good afternoon, Mr. Buchanan.
你好, 麦琪
Hello, Maggie.
进…进来
C-Come in.

Hi.
你很准时
You’re on time.
我喜欢准时的人
I like people who are on time.
嗯, 一个宴会. 你应该提醒我的
Well, a banquet.
You should have warned me.
我会准备好演讲的
I’d have come prepared with a speech.
布坎南先生, 你总是有备而来
Mr. Buchanan, you always
come prepared with a speech.

Hey.
通常, 它是一场非常动听的演讲
Usually, it’s a very pretty one.
啊, 这样更好
Ah, that’s better.
如果你愿意, 午饭后我可以帮你学法语
If you like, after lunch,
I’ll help you with your French.
我和局长谈过了
I had a talk with the chief.
我叫他另找一个人
I told him to get himself another boy.
我留在这里
I’m staying here.
你是对的
You were right.
880事情会困扰我的余生
880 would have haunted
me the rest of my life.
在我处理其他事情之前
I’ll have to get him out of my system
我得把他从我的系统里赶出去
before I tackle anything else.
昨天很有趣, 我的意思是我变得很酸
Funny about yesterday,
my getting sore I mean.
我知道我是在骗自己, 但我不喜欢你知道
I knew I was kidding myself,
but I didn’t like your knowing it.
你是怎么变得这么聪明的, 嗯?
How’d you get so smart, hmm?
到这里来
Come here.
让我看看
Let me see.
是的, 就在你的眼睛里
Yep, it’s in your eyes.
你的眼睛比你老得多, 也比你聪明得多.
Your eyes are much older
and wiser than you are.
史蒂夫
Steve.
如果抓到880人, 会有什么惩罚?
If 880 were caught,
what would the penalty be?
最多15年
Up to 15 years.
他不太可能得到最高刑罚, 对吧?
He isn’t likely to get the maximum, is he?
如果我抓到那个老骗子
If I ever lay my hands on that old crook,
他一定会得到的
that’s just what he will get.
在湾岭的经历把他吓跑了一段时间
That experience in Bay Ridge
scared him off for a while,
但他会再出来的–他们总是这样的
but he’ll step out again–they always do.
我把他的行踪查得很清楚
I got him pretty well covered everywhere,
包括这个街区
including this neighborhood.
我有预感他会…
I got a hunch he’ll…
亲爱的, 怎么了?
Darling, what’s the matter?
你愿意和我谈谈吗?
Would you like to talk it out with me?
你好
Hello.
谁?
Who?
是的, 他在这里
Yes, he’s here.
来自你的办公室
It’s your office.
喂. 是的, 你好, 萨德
Hello. Yeah, hello, Thad.
是的, 当然, 当然. 离这里只有几个街区
Yeah, sure, sure.
It’s just a couple of blocks from here.
我知道它在哪儿
I know where it is.
也许就是这样, 萨德. 谢谢
This may be it, Thad. Thanks.
我知道它
I knew it.
我知道他撑不下去了
I knew he couldn’t hold out.
他们刚刚在杂货店里抓到有人传递880
They just caught someone passing
an 880 in a grocery store.
他们现在把他送到警♥察♥局了
They got him down at
the police station now.
我会打电♥话♥给你, 告诉你详细情况
I’ll phone you,
give you a play-by-play account.
你丈夫休息一会儿就会好起来的
Your husband will feel
better after a little rest.
-哦, 我不能…? -他在睡觉.
-Oh, can’t I…? -He’s sleeping it off.
在哪里, 呃…?
Where’s the, uh…?
在这里
Right here.
-你好, 儿子 -嗨
-Hello, son. -Hi.
-你叫什么名字? -鲍比
-What’s your name? -Bobby.
你从哪弄来的, 鲍比?
Where’d you get this, Bobby?
在约翰尼·斯隆的烂比赛中赢的
Won it in a crap game from Johnny Sloan.
他说那是真货
He said it was the McCoy.
-你知道约翰尼住哪儿吗? -知道
-You know where Johnny lives? -Sure.
-我带你去警车 -好
-I’ll take you in the prowl car. -Fine.
-非常感谢, 文森特 -没关系