Okay, I’ll take another crack
at him and call you back.
好的, 先生
Right, sir.
什么事, 先生?
Yes, sir?
布坎南先生在吗?
Is Mr. Buchanan here?
他在远端的房♥间里, 先生
He’s in the far room, sir.
我去找他
I’ll get him.
史蒂夫
Steve.
-你好, 萨德 -你好吗?
-Hello, Thad. -How are you?
史蒂夫, 麦克要求退出这个案子
Steve, Mac has asked to
be taken off the case.
毕竟, 到现在有很长一段时间没有
After all,
there hasn’t been an 880 come in
出现过880情况了
in quite a while now.
我猜那匹老火马想采取行动
I guess the old fire horse
wants some action.
今天早上我派他和奥利出去了
I sent him out with Olie this morning.
他们正在围捕巴罗达暴徒
They’re rounding up the Baroda mob.
应该马上就到
Should be coming in any minute now.
-其他还有吗? -没有
-Anything else? -No.
华盛顿怎么样?
How was Washington?

Hot.
我猜你想知道局长为什么派人来找我
I suppose you’d like to know
why the chief sent for me.
是关于法国的一笔交易
It’s about a deal in France.
法国?
France?
现在欧洲对美元的需求
There’s a popular demand
for the American dollar
很广泛
in Europe right now.
马赛的装备足以让人满意
Outfit in Marseille figures on satisfying it.
听起来像大事
Sounds like big stuff.
你什么时候走?
When are you leaving?
嗯, 我不知道
Well, I don’t know.
局长说, 如果我不想接受这个任务
Chief said if I didn’t want the assignment,
-我就不必接受 -你接受吧, 史蒂夫
-I didn’t have to take it.
-You take it, Steve.
这笔交易可能涉及数百万美元
This deal probably involves millions.
毕竟, 880只是…
After all, 880 is just…
880是个造假者
880’s a counterfeiter.
他违法了
He’s breaking the law.
如果我们阻止不了他, 我们还不如关门大吉
If we can’t stop him,
we might as well close shop.
什么事?
Yes?
他们巴罗达在这里
They have the Barodas here.
知道了
Okay.
安静!
Quiet!
我不是在和你说话
I’m not talking to you.
嘿, 史蒂夫!
Hey, Steve!
巴罗达暴徒. 我们当场抓住了他们
Baroda mob.
We caught them red-handed
他们手里拿着一箱的假10元钞票
with a box full of phony tens.
干得好, 麦克
Nice work, Mac.
我们也拿到了印刷板. 来吧
We got the plates, too. Come on.
听着, 我不想再和你们
Now, listen, I don’t want to waste
浪费时间了
any more time with you guys.
我想要真♥相♥
I want the truth.
注意我现在说的话
Mind what I say now.
你在联♥合♥国♥工作
You get up in that United Nations,
把我说的话告诉他们
and you tell them what I said.
一周的沉默 –这是他们需要的
One week of silence
–that’s what they need.
他们越唠叨
The more jabbering they do,
他们的争吵就越多
the more arguments they get into.
我是爱尔兰人. 我知道
I’m Irish. I know.
早…. 早….
Morning. Morning.
嗯, 有人很着急
Well, somebody’s in a big hurry.
这块被削掉了. 必须把它修好
Piece got chipped off this.
Got to get it fixed.
哦, 他喜欢这个雕像
Oh, he loves that figure.
温斯洛小姐, 你能跟我上来一下吗?
Miss Winslow, would you
come up with me a minute?
我想给你看一些东西
I want to show you something.
什么?
What?
他从来不记得锁门
Never remembers to lock his door.
看看这个房♥间
Look at this room.
发生了什么事?
What happened?
嗯, 那座雕像是最后一座
Well, that statue was the last.
我看着他们一块一块地离开
I’ve seen them go, piece by piece.
让他不再孤独, 那些东西
Kept him from being lonely, those things.
他过去常编故事
He used to make up stories
讲述他们来自什么样的家庭
about the kind of homes they came from.
我一直说他过着很幸福的生活…
I always said he was living with a lot of nice…
麦琪, 发生什么事了?
Maggie, what did happen?
他从来没有真正挣到足够维持生活的钱
He never really earned enough to live on.
过去常常从他有钱的表哥那里拿钱
Used to get money from his rich cousin,
直到他去世
till he passed on.
嗯, 他没有给他留下什么吗?
Well, didn’t he leave him anything?
我猜没有
Guess not.
我永远不会忘记船长在悲痛中表现出的勇敢
I’ll never forget how brave
the Skipper was in his grief.
他只是说: “我得埋葬亨利表哥.”
He just said, “I had to bury Cousin Henry.”
愿上帝使他的灵魂安息
May God rest his soul.
对不起, 我来晚了
I’m sorry to be so late.
想要什么吗?
Want something?
我什么也不要, 谢谢
Nothing for me, thanks.
我只有几分钟
I’ve only a few minutes.
-服务员吗? -是的, 先生?
-Waiter? -Yes, sir?
你做得怎么样?
How’d you make out?
我获得了巨大的成功
I was a big success.
-请给我账单 -好的, 先生
-Oh, the check please. -Yes, sir.
我见到了经理;
他管理着我们的房♥子和隔壁的房♥子
I saw the manager; he runs our
house and the one the next door.
他说船长可能是个杂工
He said Skipper could
be a sort of handyman.
你知道, 他很擅长修理东西
He’s very good at fixing things, you know.
他说他会给他免房♥租和每月70美元
He said he’d give him his
rent free and $70 a month.
这不是很棒吗?
Isn’t that wonderful?
哦, 太棒了, 安
Oh, that’s swell, Ann.
真的很膨胀
Really swell.
你有什么好消息?
What’s your good news?
哦, 很棒的事情
Oh, something terrific.
我迫不及待地想告诉你
I couldn’t wait to tell you.
嗯, 快告诉我
Well, tell me quick.
我要去法国
I’m going to France.
法国?
France?
啊哈. 重大任务
Uh-huh. Big assignment.
国际的装备
International stuff.
史蒂夫, 这太令人兴奋了
Steve, it’s exciting.
战争结束后我就没去过那里
I haven’t been there since the war.
880怎么样?
What about 880?
我把他还给了印第安人
I gave him back to the Indians.
安, 你觉得有没有可能…
Ann, do you think there’s a chance that…
嗯, 你能骗到一次旅行吗?
well, that you could wangle a trip over?
我不知道. 我试试看
I don’t know. I’ll try.
我们会一起在巴黎
We’d be in Paris together.
谁将在880上工作?
Who’s going to work on 880?
我不知道, 我也不在乎
I don’t know, and I don’t care.
和这个比起来简直微不足道
It’s peanuts compared to this.
让他们带走你. 展现古老的魅力
Make them take you.
Put on the old charm.
我们会玩得很开心
We’ll have a great time.
我会带你去巴黎的一些地方
I’ll take you around to places in Paris,
你从没听说过的地方
places you never heard of.
当然是那些值得尊敬的人
The respectable ones, of course.
我只去过另一种地方
I’ve only been to the other kind.
我希望你喜欢这道螺蛳菜
I hope you have liked the schnecken.
我希望你喜欢这道螺蛳菜
I hope you have liked the schnecken.
哦, 是的, 是的, 非常好