She gave me four singles
and the rest in change.
给你. 嗯?
Here it is. Huh?
他是对的, 我记得他
He’s right; I remember him.
小耗子, 你为什么那样匆忙地离开?
Mousie, what were
you running out like that for?
你是来这里吃饭的, 对吧?
You came in here to eat, didn’t you?
我见到你总是很紧张, 麦金太尔先生
Well, I always get nervous
when I see you, Mr. McIntire.
好吧, 小耗子
Okay, Mousie.
嘿, 小耗子
Hey, Mousie.
一张假♥币♥
A phony.
这是她给我的钞票之一
It’s one of the bills she give me.
你让我好紧张
Well, you got me so nervous.
你能想象我和一个同性恋在一起吗?
Can you imagine me taking a queer?
一个塞进这些东西的人是不会在这里逗留的
A guy that was shoving this
stuff wouldn’t hang around.
他会吗, 麦金太尔先生?
Would he, Mr. McIntire?
我去雪茄店
I’ll be over at the cigar store.
-好的 -嗨
-Okay. -Hey.
我没丢钱吧?
I don’t lose the buck, do I?
现在你知道那是什么感觉了, 小耗子
Now you know how it feels, Mousie.
哦
Oh.
是的, 这是一个880的
Yep, it’s an 880 all right.
就在我眼皮底下传了一个
Passed one right under my nose.
麦克, 就在他前面的人给了她这张钞票
Well, Mac, somebody right in
front of him gave her this bill.
你还记得是谁吗?
Can you remember who it was?
我唯一记得的是一个老头
The only one I can remember
is an old geezer.
不, 不可能是他
Nah, it couldn’t have been him.
他边数边磨掉了硬币水牛图案
He wore the buffalos off
the nickels counting them.
-你确定? -是的
-You’re sure? -Yeah.
他在那个地方逗留得太久了, 不是一个推手
He hung around the place
too long for a shover.
你最好告诉孩子们他就在附近
Well, you better tell the boys
he’s in the neighborhood.
确保他们醒着
Make sure they’re awake.
我不得不佩服你, 史蒂夫
I got to hand it to you, Steve.
我以为你大错特错了
I thought you were way off base.
这是我们有史以来最接近的…
This is the closest we ever…
如果他能保持良好的状态, 他随时会来这里
If he sticks to form,
he should be in here any minute.
它在那儿!
There it is!
嘿, 你想去看游♥行♥吗?
Hey, you want to see the parade?
-是的! -我也是
-Yeah! -I do, too.
来吧 来吧
Come on. Come on.
我们去看游♥行♥吧
Let’s see the parade.
哦
Oh.
可怜的880
Poor 880.
他在博罗公园逃脱了你的控制
He escaped your clutches in Borough Park,
但我有一种明显的感觉, 他注定要完蛋了
but I have a distinct feeling he’s doomed.
我有一种感觉, 你是那种顽强的人
I’ve got the feeling that you’re
the type that’s dogged,
那种一直坚持下去直到他…
the kind that hangs on and on until he…
我想我终于找到了
I think I’ve finally got it.
找到了什么?
Got what?
剩下的打油诗. 听着
The rest of that limerick. Listen.
从前有个叫兰斯洛特的人
There once was a fellow named Lancelot,
他的女友坚持要他经常跳舞
whose girlfriends insisted he dance a lot,
但他的盔甲铆接得如此糟糕,
以至于他在旋转的时候
but his armor had riveting
so bad that when pivoting
可怜的家伙老是掉裤子
the poor guy kept losing his pants a lot.
这是美妙的
It’s wonderful.
你一直坚持到最后得到它, 不是吗?
You stuck to it until you
finally got it, didn’t you?
“一群同性恋”
“A boodle of queer.”
我现在对伪钞很了解了
I know a great deal about
counterfeiting now.
那些书我从头到尾都读过了
I’ve read all those books
from cover to cover.
顺便说一句,
你从来没有告诉我你是怎么发现我的
Incidentally, you never did tell me
how you found out who I was.
艺术品商店里的那个女人
The woman in the art store
原来是我的一个朋友
turned out to be a friend of mine.
哦. 嘿, 这太狡猾了
Oh. Say, that’s mighty slick.
嗯
Huh.
过去, 打假不是一个非常健康的职业
Counterfeiting wasn’t a very
healthy occupation
是吗?
in the old days, was it?
他们过去常常割掉你的耳朵
They used to cut off your ears.
鼻子也是
Noses, too.
你希望今天就能见到割耳朵, 对吧?
You’d like to see that done today,
wouldn’t you?
嗯, 割鼻子可能有点过份了
Well, noses might be overdoing it.
你明天做什么?
What are you doing tomorrow?
船长要带一群孩子去动物园
Skipper has to take a flock
of kids to the zoo.
船长吗?
Skipper?
哦, 是的, 那个老头. 他很有个性
Oh, yes, the old boy.
He’s quite a character.
-我答应和他一起去 -哎呀, 那太糟糕了
-I promised to go with him.
-Gee, that’s too bad.
我得去康尼岛办公务
I have to go to Coney Island
on official business.
它与880有关
It’s in connection with 880.
我想也许…
I thought maybe…
喂, 如果我带他们去科尼岛
Say, do you think the Skipper
would pass up the zoo
你认为船长会放弃动物园吗?
if I took them to Coney Island?
我相信他会的. 他会喜欢的
I’m sure he would. He’d love it.
孩子们也会并且我… 也会
And so would the kids and so would… I.
如果我们要去看那部电影, 最好现在就去
If we’re going to that movie,
we’d better get started.
令人惊奇的是, 流通中有这么多优秀的货币
It’s amazing how much good
money there is in circulation.
我只发现了几个墨西哥硬币
I only spotted a couple of Mexican quarters.
他让他们捏了吗?
Did he make them pinch?
那是一个6岁的孩子, 鼻子上长满了雀斑
It was a six-year-old with
a nose full of freckles.
我想我要过去和乔核实一下
Think I’ll go over and check with Joe.
好了, 别那么莽撞了
All right, don’t be fresh.
这位女士, 来吧, 站前边来
The lady, come on, step right up.
犹豫者必失良机
He who hesitates is lost.
愚弄专家, 赢得纪念品
Fool the expert and win a souvenir.
我想我可以
I think I can.
我认为你做不到, 女士
Well, I don’t think you can, lady.
只要25美分, 四分之一, 一部分…
It’s only 25 cents, one quarter, part of a…
我马上就来, 老兄, 等我和这位女士谈完
Be with you in a minute, bud,
soon as I finish with the lady.
哦, 算了, 这是假的
Oh, go on, it’s a fake.
-它不是假的. -他们固定了秤
-It isn’t a fake. -They fixed the scales.
等一下, 先生
Just a minute, mister.
你说这是假的, 你说我耍了花招
You say it’s a fake,
you say I got a gimmick.
告诉你我要做什么
Tell you what I’m gonna do.
没有手放在秤上,
没有手放在这位迷人的女士身上
No hands on the scales,
no hands on this charming lady.
我说这个来自天堂的小包裹
I say this little bundle from heaven
重1♥1♥4♥.5磅
weighs 1♥1♥4♥ and a half pounds.
好了, 女士, 坐下来, 让自己舒服一点
All right, lady, sit down,
make yourself comfortable.
这一点也不难受
This won’t hurt a bit.
现在, 让我们看看
Now, let’s see.
115磅!
115 pounds!
-太棒了! -是的, 先生!
-That’s wonderful! -Yes, sir!
一定有一些隐藏的魔法是肉眼看不见的
Must have some hidden charms
invisible to the naked eye.
好了, 25美分, 四分之一, 1美元的一部分
All right, that’s 25 cents,
one quarter, part of a dollar.
给你, 先生. 这是找你的零钱
There you are, sir. There’s your change.
多么吵闹啊!
What a racket!
别闹, 先生, 别闹
No racket, mister, no racket.
下一个是谁? 你说呢?
Now, who’s next? What do you say?