This came off your Michigan bankroll.
它是不错的美国货币
It’s good American currency.
你摆出了一副内疚的样子. 为什么?
You made a big show of
looking guilty. Why?
你怀疑我伪造假♥钞♥真是太蠢了
Well, it seemed silly that you’d
suspect me of counterfeiting.
我想我会给你充分的理由
I thought I’d give you ample cause.
你不太擅长造假
You weren’t very good at it.
我想我可能会因为藐视法律而被逮捕
I suppose I could be arrested
for flouting the law.
是的, 你会的
Yes, you could.
我们现在可以走了吗?
Shall we go now?
或者-或者我们把舞跳完?
Or-or shall we finish the dance?
我来做主
I’ll call the shots.
在进一步通知之前, 你将被技术拘留
Until further notice,
you’re being held in technical custody.
你传递了2次他的假♥币♥. 你从哪儿弄来的?
You passed two of his bills.
Where did you get them?
你是不是太早把我排除在嫌疑之外了?
Aren’t you ruling me out
as a suspect too soon?
我从不排除任何人
I never rule anybody out.
我暂时假设一下
I’ll assume for the time being
它们是意外落入你手中的
they fell into your hands by accident.
怎么落入的?
How?
我不知道
I don’t know.
回顾过去的一周
Think back over the past week.
你做了什么? 你去哪儿了?
What did you do? Where’d you go?
让我想想
Let me see.
我通常乘地铁
I generally ride the subway,
除了商务, 然后我乘出租车
except in business, and then I take a taxi.
我在自助餐厅吃午饭
I have lunch in the cafeteria,
在咖啡店里喝茶
tea in the coffee shop.
我每周去梅西百货和萨克斯百货2次
Twice a week, I shop at Macy’s and Saks
去麦迪逊大街的一家小书店
and go to a little bookstore
on Madison Avenue.
每个星期五, 我都做头发
Every Friday, I have my hair done,
星期二…
and on Tuesday…
我要你回忆一下你在哪里得到1美元的零钱
I want you to remember where
you got one dollar bills in change.
我一点概念都没有
I haven’t the faintest notion.
他们只为我们演奏
They’re playing just for us.
非常抱歉, 史蒂夫
I’m terribly sorry, Steve.
我真的不记得了
I honestly don’t remember.
但是, 麦克, 10年来, 他遵循着一个明确的模式
But, Mac, for ten years,
he followed a definite pattern,
按照有规律的顺序从地图的
一个部分走到另一个部分
going from one section of the
map to another in regular order.
来, 让我展示给你看
Here, let me show you.
现在, 弗拉特布♥什♥是他的最后一站
Now, Flatbush was his last stop.
他的下一个目标应该是博罗公园
His next should be Borough Park,
然后是贝里奇, 然后是本森赫斯特
then Bay Ridge and then Bensonhurst.
那个女孩呢, 史蒂夫?
What about the girl, Steve?
你跟她结束了吗?
Are you through with her?
她一直处于被监视之下
She’s under constant surveillance.
我昨天刚去了博罗公园
Now, I went to Borough
Park just yesterday,
那里的第一个快速车站是韦伯斯特大道
and the first express stop
there is Webster Avenue.
你需要30到40个人才能覆盖整个街区
You’d need 30 or 40 men to
cover a whole neighborhood.
哦, 不一定, 麦克
Oh, not necessarily, Mac.
你看, 我们发现他的行为
You see, we found out that his behavior
也遵循一个明确的模式
followed a definite pattern, too.
他偏爱某些地方
He favored certain places.
他似乎喜欢繁忙的药店
He seemed to like a busy drugstore,
自动售货机, 啤酒店和雪茄店
an Automat, if there is one,
a beer joint, a cigar store.
这4种, 注意, 这4种有最高的概率
These four, mind you,
these four had the highest percentages.
我在博罗公园挑选了4个景点…
Now, I’ve picked out four
spots in Borough Park…
我们怎么知道他什么时候会来?
How do we know when
he’s gonna be there?
我们不知道
We don’t.
我们只是坐在那里几个小时, 甚至几天, 祈祷?
We just sit around for hours,
for days maybe, praying?
-就这么定了 -天啊!
-That’s the deal. -Holy smokes!
我以前也做过希望不大的尝试, 但是…
I’ve played long shots in my time, but…
好吧, 可以
All right, okay.
如果这里有人觉得有把握, 我就去
If anybody here’s got a sure thing,
I’ll go along.
听着, 我们这10年来在880上都没有确定的线索
Look, we haven’t had a sure
thing on 880 in ten years,
以后也不会了
and never will have.
接着说, 史蒂夫
Go ahead, Steve.
我知道希望不大, 麦克, 但是…
I know it’s a long shot, Mac, but…
浪费这么多研究成果真是太可惜了
well, it’d be a shame to-to
waste all this research,
不是吗?
now wouldn’t it?
告诉他科尼岛的事
Tell him about Coney Island.
科尼岛
Coney Island.
我们发现, 每年
We found out that every year,
几乎是在同一个月的同一个星期天
practically on the same Sunday
in the same month,
他都会去科尼岛
he went to Coney Island.
让我想想, 他喜欢, 呃, 过山车
Let’s see, he liked, uh, the roller coaster,
娱乐屋和甜品
the fun house and the whip.
好了, 孩子们, 下星期天来吧
So, children, come next Sunday,
如果到那时我们还没抓到他
if we haven’t nabbed him by then,
我们都要去科尼岛
we’re all going to Coney Island.
伪善的人
Goody-goody.
好了, 让我们回到博罗公园
All right, let’s get back to Borough Park.
我给收银员做了简要介绍,
但你知道这有多少价值
I’ve briefed the cashiers,
but you know what that’s worth.
他们只是不会为1美元的钞票而烦恼
They just won’t be bothered
with one dollar bills.
所以我们必须保持警惕
So we’ll have to keep our eyes open
任何看起来可疑的人
for anybody that looks suspicious.
现在, 你知道这种人了
Now, you know the kind.
试图快速脱身的家伙
The fellow that tries to get out fast,
不会停下来数找给他的零钱
doesn’t stop to count his change.
或者在自动售货机里, 一个拿到5分硬币
Or in the Automat,
the one who gets his nickels,
却不停下来吃东西的人
but doesn’t stop to eat.
现在, 如果我们幸运的话
Now, if we have any kind of luck,
哪怕一点点运气, 我知道我们会抓到他的
just the least bit of luck,
I know we’ll get him.
没有可疑的人物, 对吧?
No suspicious-looking characters, huh?
只有饥饿的人
Only hungry ones.
她帮了大忙
She’s a big help.
在第1个小时里, 她仔细地检查了每一张钞票
For the first hour,
she examined every bill carefully.
在那之后, 看看她
After that, look at her.
他们都一样
They’re all the same.
我想我们注定要失败了, 麦克
I guess it’s a lost cause, Mac.
对我来说不是, 我在做研究
Not for me; I’m doing research.
在平均8小时的工作时间里
In an average eight-hour day,
那个女孩处理了18240个5分硬币
that girl handles 18,240 nickels.
这是值得了解的
That’s worth knowing.
我就在这条街上
I’ll be up the street.
请给我10个
Ten, please.
很了不起
Remarkable.
她从不犯错误
She never makes a mistake.
速度也快如闪电
Fast as lightning, too.
你应该找个时间看看她
You ought to watch her sometime.
小耗子
Mousie.
我不会再给你递东西了, 麦金太尔先生
I ain’t passing the stuff no more,
Mr. McIntire.
老实说, 我不会了
Honest, I ain’t.
到这边来
Come on over here.
让我看看你收到的最后一张钞票
Let me see that last bill you got.
这是1个5美元. 你确定就是这个吗?
This is a five. Are you sure this is it?
确定. 确定, 就是它
Sure. Sure, it is.
她给了我4张1美元的, 其余的是找零