Here are three copies.
今天早上他差点把我撞倒
He almost knocked me over this morning.
布坎南先生吗?
Mr. Buchanan?
他撞我撞得那么重, 我以为是故意的
He hit me so hard,
I thought it was deliberate.
我现在意识到他可能太匆忙了
I realize now he probably
was in such a hurry
为了赶上你
to catch up with you.
你是什么意思?
What do you mean?
是今天早上在大堂, 就在我离开之后
It was in the lobby this morning,
right after I left.
你还记得吗?
Do you remember?
今天早晨吗?
This morning?
他当然是径直朝门口走去
He certainly made a beeline for the door.
显然, 他确实赶上你了
Apparently, he did catch up with you.
晚安
Good night.
请原谅, 我昨天就在这儿
I beg your pardon,
but I was here yesterday.
哦, 是的, 当然, 我记得
Oh, yes, of course, I remember.
我很好奇当警♥察♥…时发生了什么事
And I was curious to know what
happened when the policeman…
哦, 没什么. 他没有逮捕他
Oh, nothing. He didn’t arrest him.
他好像在财政部工作
Seems he was with
the Treasury Department.
-财政部? -是的, 特勤局特工
-Treasury Department?
-Yes, Secret Service agent.
他向警♥察♥出示了证件, 警♥察♥就放了他
He showed the policeman his credentials,
and he let him go.
我认为他的行为很古怪
I thought his behavior was rather strange.
-非常感谢 -别客气
-Thank you very much. -Not at all.
非常感谢
Thanks so much.
再见
Bye.
请接 2-9100
Rector 2-9100.
贝丁顿先生吗?
Mr. Beddington?
联邦办公楼, 特勤局
Federal Office Building,
Secret Service Division.
请找史蒂夫·布坎南
Steve Buchanan, please.
-我想和你谈谈 -谢谢
-I want to talk to you. -Thank you.
请把这个送到44号♥好吗?
Would you take this to 44 please?
我是布坎南
Buchanan speaking.
喂? 喂?
Hello? Hello?
哦, 让他们马上寄回去
Oh, ask them to send it right back.
-好的, 先生, 我会的 -喂?
-Yes, sir, I will. -Hello?
贝丁顿先生, 当我申请这份工作的时候
Mr. Beddington,
when I applied for this job,
我没有经过彻底审核吗?
wasn’t I thoroughly checked?
你当然经过了. 怎么了?
Of course you were. Why?
你能想到美国特勤局
Can you think of any reason why
为什么要追捕我吗?
the United States Secret Service
would be after me?
他们和你在这里的工作没有任何关系
Well, they’d have nothing
to do with your job here.
我昨天遇到一个人
I met a man yesterday,
我刚发现他是特勤局特工
and I just found out he’s
a Secret Service agent.
特勤局的两个主要职能
The two chief functions
of the Secret Service
是保护总统和抓捕造假♥币♥者
are to guard the president
and catch counterfeiters.
我可以放心地假设你不是总统
I’m safe in assuming
you’re not the president.
我被怀疑是造假者?
I’m suspected of being a counterfeiter?
哦, 很可能是假♥币♥
Oh, the chances are a counterfeit bill
落到了你手里, 你就把它传给了
fell into your hands, you passed it on
举报你的人
to someone who reported you.
我的一个朋友也遇到过这种事
It happened to a friend of mine once.
他们观察了他几天, 认定他是无辜的
They watched him for a few days
and decided he was innocent
于是突然放弃了他
and suddenly dropped him.
再也没有他们的消息
Never heard from them again.
你可能也会有同样的经历
You’ll probably have the same experience.
谢谢你
Thank you.
他是个很有魅力的男人
He’s a very attractive man.
我想我不愿意这么突然地被放弃
I don’t think I’d like to be
dropped so suddenly.
进来
Come in.
门是开着的
The door’s unlocked.
你好
Hello.
还记得我吗? -嗯哼
-Remember me? -Mm-hmm.
你就是女孩儿们吹口哨的人
You’re the man girls whistle at.
我今天过得很糟糕, 一个哨声都没有
I had a bad day, not one whistle.
晚上好
Good evening.
一幅俊像. 一幅真正的俊像
A vision. A veritable vision.
谢谢你!我差不多准备好了
Thank you. I’m just about ready.
别拘束
Make yourself at home.
-我马上就来 -好的
-I’ll be with you in a minute. -All right.
我准备好了
I’m ready.
我们走吗?
Shall we go?
是的
Yes.
哦
Oh.
谢谢你
Thank you.
即使到死, 你都如同我的血液一样
Even to the death,
as though you were my blood,
在你所有的争斗中, 我都将是你的骑士
in all your quarrels will I be your knight.
-兰斯洛特对伊莱恩说了这句话 -是的
-Lancelot said that to Elaine. -Yep.
-那是被他抛弃的女孩儿 -他干的
-That’s the girl he ditched. -He did.
天哪, 你是对的
By golly, you’re right.
昨晚我花了好几个小时试图记住它
And I spent hours last night
trying to memorize it.
你知道, 我只是想到了五行打油诗的前两行
You know, I just thought of
the first two lines of a limerick.
我喜欢五行打油诗
I like limericks.
从前有个叫兰斯洛特的人
There once was a fellow named Lancelot,
他的女友坚持要他经常跳舞
whose girlfriends insisted he dance a lot,
他…
he…
如果这是一种暗示, 我会试着控制自己
If that’s a hint, I’ll try to control myself.
嗯, 我要写完这首打油诗才能知道
Well, I won’t know till I finish the limerick.
也许事实证明他是个舞迷
It may turn out he’s a fiend for dancing.
那不是真的, 对吧?
That’s not real, is it?
什么?
What?
你以为那是什么, 一群同性恋吗?
What’d you think it was,
a boodle of queer?
我的意思是, 这是很明显的
I mean, it’s perfectly obvious what it is.
还有葡萄酒吗?
Is there any more wine?
“一群同性恋” , 嗯?
“A boodle of queer,” huh?
对不起, 我是来问有没有特别节目号♥码的
Excuse, please, I came to ask
if there is a special number.
…“抱紧我”?
… “Hold Me”?
他要演奏《抱紧我》
He’s going to play “Hold Me.”
说了一大堆废话才谈成这笔交易
It took a heap of yakking
to make that deal.
你玩得开心吗?
You having fun?
嗯哼
Mm-hmm.
我敢打赌你是开心的
I’ll bet you are.
服务员?
Waiter?
你介意我打个电♥话♥吗?
Would you mind if I made a phone call?
一点也不. 你不介意我往鼻子上扑粉吧?
Not at all.
Would you mind if I powdered my nose?
哦, 一点也不
Why, not at all.
这是他第三次演奏《抱紧我》
This is the third time he’s played “Hold Me,”
等着我们跳舞
waiting for us to dance.
好吧, 我们不要让那个男人失望
Well, let’s not disappoint the man.
你是怎么知道我是谁的?
How did you find out who I was?
我相信你告诉过我
I believe you told me.
史蒂夫·布坎南, 对吧?
Steve Buchanan, isn’t it?
“一群同性恋”
“A boodle of queer.”
自从南北战争以来,
“boodle”这个词就没有被使用过
The word “boodle” hasn’t been
used since the Civil War.
真的吗?
Really?
我不知道我是怎么开始使用它的
I wonder how I came to use it.
你可以在1870年出版的一本书中找到它
You found it in a book published in 1870
你今天早上从图书馆借的
that you took out of
the library this morning.
这笔钱来自你在密歇根的资助