-What if she gives me another phony?
-Take it.
我说, 瞧, 我已经赔了1块钱
Say, look, I’m out one buck already.
这个由我负责
This one’s on me.
*她给了出租车司机银币, 银币*
* She gave the taxi driver silver, silver *
* 现在要当心, 她来了, 她来了*
* Look out now,
here she comes, she comes. *
让我看看你刚刚收到的钞票
Let’s see that bill you just got.
你刚刚收到的钞票, 让我看看
That bill you just got, let’s see it.
这张钞票是伪造的
This bill is counterfeit.
你应该学会分辨这些东西
You should learn to spot this stuff.
我给你开个收据
I’ll give you a receipt for it.
假♥币♥很油腻
Counterfeit coins are greasy.
你不要咬它们, 而是感觉它们
You don’t bite them, you feel them.
给你
Here.
-卡洛斯 -哦, 安
-Carlos. -Oh, Ann.
赶紧处理
There’s a rush on it.
你看见安了吗?
Have you seen Ann yet?
她过来了
Here she comes now.
我写完了, 贝丁顿先生
I’ve finished it, Mr. Beddington.
-你完成了, 很好. -打字打了半个晚上
-Oh, you did. Good.
-I typed half the night
我跟卡洛斯说过要赶时间
and I told Carlos there was a rush on it.
哦, 很好. 谢谢你, 安
Oh, fine. Thanks, Ann.
在哪儿, 呃… 杰克去哪儿了?
Where’s, uh… where’s Jack going?
杰克
Jack.
他应该在这里
He’s supposed to be here.
你能挪一下位子给这两位先生吗?
Would you move over
for these gentlemen?
可以
Certainly.
这是你们的耳机
Here are your earphones.
这是从法语到英语
And that’s from French to English.
如果那个小妞儿是880, 她一定是从文法学校
If that chick’s 880, she must
have started counterfeiting
开始造假的
in grammar school.
我想大概在6年级的时候
I’d say in about the sixth grade.
谁说她是880了?
Who said she was 880?
不过她很有可能
There’s a pretty good chance though
会带我们找到他
that she could lead us right to him.
哦? 她能吗?
Oh? Could she?
我们有两个选择:
We got two choices:
我们要么跟踪这位女士, 要么培养她
we either shadow the lady
or we cultivate her.
你喜欢培养她
And you like cultivating her.
自然
Naturally.
注意, 麦克
On your toes, Mac.
1杯鸡尾酒
One cocktail.
穿着盔甲做骑士已经没有任何利益了
There’s no percentage in being
a knight in armor anymore.
可怜的兰斯洛特爵士
Poor Sir Lancelot.
至少慢慢地喝, 让它持续下去
At least drink it slowly, make it last.
我不想显得忘恩负义
I-I don’t want to seem ungrateful,
但我已经准备好自己处理这种情况了
but I was quite prepared to
deal with the situation myself.
你的力量连他的一半都不如
You wouldn’t have been half as effective.
也许不是
Perhaps not.
-你叫什么名字? -安·温斯洛
-What’s your name? -Ann Winslow.
至少我能知道这样的事情
But at least I would have found out
会导致什么结果
where a thing like that leads to.
我可以告诉你
I can tell you.
不, 谢谢, 我宁愿感到惊讶
No, thanks, I’d rather be surprised.
你是谁?
Who are you?
-有什么特别的吗? -特别的?
-Anyone special? -Special?
我是说, 你从事什么工作或者…?
I mean, do you work at anything or…?
哦, 我是联♥合♥国♥的法语翻译
Oh, I’m a French interpreter
at the United Nations.
很好
Well.
你相信吗, 这是我来纽约以后
Would you believe it–this is
the first time a thing like this
第一次发生这样的事情?
has happened since
I’ve been in New York?
我开始怀疑自己
I was beginning to
wonder about myself.
好吧, 别告诉我你甚至没有被吹过口哨
Well, don’t tell me you haven’t
even been whistled at.
哦, 是的, 很多次了, 但这是不一样的
Oh, yes, lots of times, but it’s not the same.
这太没有人情味了
It’s too impersonal.
我明白你的意思
I see what you mean.
哦, 是的, 我被吹过口哨
Oh, yes, I’ve been whistled at.
事实上, 我自己也吹过口哨
Matter of fact, I’ve done
some whistling of my own.
当然是以一种安静, 淑女的方式
In a quiet, ladylike way, of course.
你叫什么名字?
What’s your name?
布坎南
Buchanan.
史蒂夫·布坎南
Steve Buchanan.
你有什么特别的吗?
Are you anyone special?
只是想挣快钱的人
Just someone out to make a fast buck.
谁不是呢?
Who isn’t?
嗯, 我不是那个意思
Well, I didn’t mean that.
你也没有
Neither did you.
挣快钱意味着不诚实
A fast buck implies dishonesty.
-不是吗? -嗯哼
-Doesn’t it? -Uh-huh.
有什么事吗?
What’s the matter?
-为什么? -我是说, 你一直盯着我看
-Why? -I mean, you were staring at me.
抱歉
I’m sorry.
这是我在纽约养成的习惯
It’s a habit I’ve picked up in New York.
我盯着别人看. 我一直觉得他们看起来很熟悉
I stare at people.
I keep thinking they look familiar.
它来自于看到太多不熟悉的面孔
It comes from seeing too
many unfamiliar faces.
嗯, 这并不像听起来那么扭曲
Well, that’s not as twisted as it sounds.
你看, 在一个小镇上,
每一张脸都有一个明确的关联
You see, in a small town,
each face has a definite association.
很明显它已经在你的脑海里归类了
It’s clearly pigeonholed in your mind.
在这里, 上百万的人被卷入了一种疯狂的…
Here, a million of them get
mixed up in a crazy sort of…
每天, 我都会向一张我从未见过的熟悉面孔点头
Every day, I nod to a familiar
face I never saw before.
我敢打赌如果你再喝一杯
I’ll bet if you had one more drink,
整个事情就会变得像铃♥声♥一样清晰
the whole thing would
become as clear as a bell.
嗯, 可能会变得更加混乱
Mm, might get more muddled.
当你之前盯着我看的时候
When you were staring at me before,
你知道我在希望什么吗?
you know what I was hoping?
什么?
What?
你在吹口哨
That you were whistling.
当然是以一种安静, 优雅的方式
In a quiet, ladylike way, of course.
嗯, 我是说我希望
Well, I said I was hoping.
好吧, 也许我要再喝一杯
Well, perhaps I will have another drink.
太好了. 好消息不断呈现给老兰斯洛特
Great. Things are picking
up for good old Lancelot.
-太棒了 -确实如此
-Wonderful. -It is.
在舞蹈间隙,
他们在你的桌子上演奏轻柔的小提琴
In between dances,
they play soft violins at your table.
你喜欢吗?
Would you like that?
我喜欢
I’d like it.
我到家了
Here it is.
明天晚上吗? 7点半吗?
Tomorrow evening? 7:30?
-晚安 -晚安
-Good night. -Good night.
-卡洛斯… -现在我明白了这一切的原因
-Carlos…
-Now that I see the cause of it all,
-你被原谅了 -对不起, 我忘记了
-you’re forgiven. -I’m sorry, I forgot.
我希望你没有等太久
I hope you haven’t been waiting long.
大约1个小时. 没关系
For about an hour. It doesn’t matter.
非常抱歉
I’m terribly sorry.
我的一个朋友
This friend of mine,
我们只是只是碰巧碰到了
we just happened to
bump into each other.
你的这位朋友
This friend of yours certainly does
一天中肯定经历了很多次碰撞
a lot of bumping in the course of a day.
给你
Here it is.
里面有3份复印件