20 cents?
自♥由♥ 自♥由♥ 自♥由♥
Freedom! Freedom! Freedom!
♫ 肩负 ♫
♪ Bring him ♪
♫ 你的重任 ♫
♪ Your burdens ♪
♫ 并非他的宠爱 ♫
♪ Seek not his favour ♪
♫ 向他… 向他倾诉你的痛苦 ♫
♪ Tell… tell him your sorrows ♪
– 喂 – 嘿
– Hi. – Hey, now.
只是路过 来问声好
Just passing by, just saying hello.
你没去看游♥行♥?
You’re not out watching the parade?
你怎么不问我问题?
Say, how come none of you guys didn’t ask me any questions?
好像这这镇子的人都不和我谈
It seems everybody in town has been talked to except me.
你怎么不叫些英俊的FBI男孩来?
Why don’t you send some of them good-looking FBI boys to talk to me?
很抱歉打扰了 我在五金商店…
Sorry about the intrusion. I was over at the hardware store and…
山核桃?
Pecan?
我讨厌山核桃
I’m sick of pecans.
自♥由♥ 自♥由♥
Freedom!
你们决心起来抗争吗?
You willing to stand up and fight?
是的
Yes!
自♥由♥
Freedom!
平等
Equality!
你打算怎么查?
How’d you find out about this?
按局程序 沃德先生
Bureau procedure, Mr. Ward.
斯塔基警长
Sheriff Stuckey.
他有电♥话♥
He got his phone call.
真想知道是谁打的
Wonder who else was called.
你要去那里?
Where’re you going, boy?
快走吧 快走吧 离开这里
Go on. Go on, get out of here.
他们来了
Here they come.
走吧
Come on. Let’s go.
等他们回屋里
We’ll wait until they go back inside.
抓住他
Get him!
把他弄上车
Get him in the truck now!
进屋里去呀 婊♥子♥养♥的♥
Get inside, you sons of bitches!
快点 走吧
Come on, let’s go. Come on!
– 等他们回屋里 – 走吧 快点
– Wait until they go back inside! – Let’s go! Come on!
走吧 快点
Come on! Let’s go! Come on!
快
Come on!
– 向左拐 – 你怎么知道?
– Turn left. – How do you know?
我不知道 向左拐
I don’t. Just turn left.
是那卡车
There’s the truck.
上那条小路
Go up that little road there.
停车 停车 就停在这
Stop, stop. Stop right here.
这些人怎么了?
What’s wrong with these people?
沃克太太 我知道你很为难 但我需要你的帮助
Mrs. Walker, I know this is difficult for you, but I really need your help.
你只要说服你儿子出来指控
If you could just persuade your son to press charges,
我们就能立刻拘捕副警长
then we could pick up the deputy at least right away.
他不会对任何人说
He won’t talk to no one.
总之没有用的
And it won’t do no good anyway.
我保证会拘捕
I promise it will.
别理他了
Leave him alone.
但愿也别打扰我们
Maybe then, they’ll let us alone.
如果这是一个范例
If this is a pattern,
就能猜测六月二十一日发生了什么
I guess at least we know what happened on June 21st.
佩尔在下午三时扣留了三名超速行驶的男孩
Pell stopped the three boys for speeding at 3 o’clock.
将他们监禁 直到三K党组织好
He held them in jail until the Klan could get organized.
然后在十点半释放
Then he released them at 10:30.
那时 他的伙伴已在等待
And by that time, his buddies were ready and waiting.
不 那晚佩尔肯定去了
No, Deputy Pell went with them that night.
你认为他撒谎?
I’m sure of it. You think he’ll crack?
人们说响尾蛇不会自取灭亡
Down here they say rattlesnakes don’t commit suicide.
副警长佩尔 你放了三个民权工作者
Deputy Pell, did you release the three civil rights workers
交给三K党 就在六月二十一日晚上
into the hands of the Klan on the night of June 21st?
没有
No.
你是三K党成员吗?
Are you yourself a member of the Ku Klux Klan?
不是
No.
你曾经是吗?
Have you ever been a member of the Ku Klux Klan?
不是
No.
熟悉独眼巨人吗?
Are you familiar with the term Grand Cyclops?
听说过
I’ve heard of it.
事实上过去三年来 你是
Were you in fact the Grand Cyclops of the East Mississippi Klavern
三K党白骑士团的独眼巨人?
of the White Knights of the Ku Klux Klan for the past three years?
反对 我的委托人已说过他甚至不是三K党成员
Objection. My client’s already told you he’s not even a member of the Klan.
反对?这只是面谈 没有必要这么正式吧
Objection? This is just an interview, sir. There’s really no need to be so formal.
只是面谈的话 我不必呆在这里 是吧?
Well, if this is just an interview, I guess I don’t have to stay here, do I?
我有事要做
I got work to do.
我想你也有事要做?
I guess you do too, don’t you?
没错 你相信我们会做
Yes, sir. And you can be sure that we’ll do it.
祝你好运
Good luck.
你们要指控我 就知道去哪里查我
You get enough to indict me, you know where to find me.
– 怎么样? – 没事
– How’d it go? – Fine. It went just fine.
别担心那些该死的事
Don’t you worry about a goddamn thing.
你会被指控吗?
Are you gonna be indicted?
FBI有指控警长办公室的证据吗?
Does the FBI have evidence that the Sheriff’s office is invovled?
你与他们合作吗?
Are you cooperating in this investigation?
我们一惯合作
We’re cooperating just like we have all along.
毫无证据可言
They have no damn evidence either. It’s all circumstancial.
先生 请不要拍摄
Sir, could you not do that, please? Sir, do not do that, please!
已经告诉你了 现在 给我滚开
Don’t you understand? Now, get the fuck out of here!
要告诉你两千次吗?
We have to tell you two thousand times?
从哪来滚哪去
Now get out of here and go back where you belong!
在我面前消失
Get out of my face, boy!
滚开 别打扰我们
Get on out and leave us alone!
别打扰我们
Leave us alone!
从哪来滚哪去 你找揍呀
Go on home where you belong! Boy, you’re gonna get hurt now.
沃德先生 此事我们勉强能接受
Mr. Ward, this is getting to be just about as much as we can take.
可我无法表达更强的怨言
I cannot register my complaints more strongly.
现在无法 先生
Not now, sir.
现在 你只有一分钟
Now, you just a minute.
我对公众追逐我的警长处很不满意
I resent your public pursuit of my Sheriff’s department.
你在竭尽所能将他们牵涉进这些失踪案
You have made every effort to implicate them in these disappearances.
含沙射影并不能证明
But your goddamn slimey innuendos are not evidence
他们涉及任何罪行
that they were any way connected with any crime.
我们正在设法发掘真♥相♥ 但有阻碍
We’re just trying to get to the truth. It’s frustrating for us too!
任何傻瓜可以出来指控 沃德 但那不是证据
Anyone jackass can point a finger, Ward. Now, that ain’t evidence.
在这里 旧棉花间苗机的使用者们还会蠢得去相信民♥主♥
Down here, us old cotton-choppers are still stupid enough to believe in democracy.
我们要懂得按法律行使权利
And you can rest assured, sir, we know our rights under the law!
你知道就好 我用一台棉花间苗机来打赌
You know something all right. I’ll bet a cotton-chopping dollar on that.
你知道吗 安德森 你越来越咄咄逼人
You know what, Anderson? You’re starting to get so far up my nose,
我开始觉得你在威胁我
I’m beginning to feel your boots on my chin.
我再次告诉你
And I’m telling you one more time, Mr. apple-red,
几个披着床单的疯子
a couple of crazies dressed in bed sheets
在乡下跳舞来吓唬黑人
dancing around the countryside scaring Negroes
不是整个密西西比州的错
is not the goddamn fault of the entire state of Mississippi!
我告诉你 提尔曼 有三个孩子死亡
I’m telling you, Tilman, there are three dead kids out there somewhere,
很多人害怕 这都是因为你的警长处
and a lot of scared people because of your goddamn Sheriff’s department.
大家要相互体谅
So you better get used to having us around.
也体谅我威胁你
And you better get used to my boots on your chin too.
你们最好放弃
You people better back off!
该死的FBI 自以为是
Goddamn FBI! Just who on hell do they think they are?
敢来我的地盘…
Coming down on my part of the goddamn country harassing…
市长先生 你有要说的吗?
Do you have a statement, Mr. Mayor?
该死的我当然有
You got goddamn right I got a statement!
安德森先生 刚才
For a moment there, Mr. Anderson,
我们彼此立场相同
it sounded like we were both on the same side.
宝贝 你好吗?
Are you all right, honey?
我很好
Yeah, I’m fine.
有什么就叫我
Let me know if you need anything.
谢谢 我会的
Thanks, I will.
妈妈 快来
Mama, Mama, come quick!
没有他的踪迹 他离开很久了
There’s no sign of him, sir. He’s long gone.
他母亲住在街对面 她可能不会开门