在你战绩辉煌的职业生涯里
In your long and distinguished career,
从未对女权做过任何屁事
you’ve done precisely jack-shit for feminism.
因为我对性别议题没兴趣
Because gender doesn’t interest me.
你只缺一根老二
The only thing you’re missing is a dick.
密西根州 安娜堡
我向霍夫兰德参议员说明案子时
I think your presence in the room would be a great help
您的出席会有很大的帮助
as I make our case to Senator Hofland.
诚心希望可以保护我们的邻居
God willing, we can help protect our neighbors
不必面对在美国常发生的悲剧
from the kind of tragedy America has endured…
埃斯梅… 曼楚瑞安
Esme… Manchurian.
新罕布♥什♥尔州 汉诺威市
曼尼克瑞安 – 埃斯梅 很谢谢你今天来
Manucharian.
这国家每周都有九名女性
In this country, nine women are shot
被自己的亲密伴侣枪杀身亡
and killed by their intimate partners every week.
谋杀风险上升了500%
The risk of homicide goes up 500%…
别拿数字轰炸我 我不是他妈的记者
Don’t hurl stats at me, I’m not a fucking journalist.
– 你以为我不知道这些事 – 你的会员们知道吗
– You think I don’t know all this? – Does your membership?
现在是告诉她们的好时机
Because now would be a great time to tell them.
拉森和帕尔 已经捐了数百万
Larsson and Parr have donated millions of their personal fortunes.
对 – 我不能再去要钱了
– Yeah. – I can’t go hat-in-hand for more.
曼尼克瑞安 曼德尔要来了
Hey, Manchurian! Mandel’s on the brink.
我需要聊天主题
I need conversational topics.
什么意思 – 帮我找闲聊的材料
– What do you mean? – Small talk.
一些无关紧要胡扯的事
Idle nonsense of no import to anything.
你找人帮你社交?
You outsource your social interactions?
对啊 兴趣 爱好…孩子!
Yeah. Interests, hobbies… Kids!
要讨好一个父亲的最好方式
There’s no better way to butter up a parent
就是说他的孩子们有多可爱 – 这就去办
than to tell him how hot his kids are. – On it.
我们上次见时 你最小的孩子
The last time we met, your youngest was
他正在申请常春藤名校
knocking on the door of the Ivy League.
对 – 罗根 对吧
– Yes. – Logan, was it?
天啊 我都不记得聊过这个
Christ! I can’t even remember that conversation.
美国护士协会的曼蒂·哈姆林来电
Mandy Hamlyn from the American Nurses Association on line three!
国会有很多人
I think there are a great many on the Hill
习惯了你们的慷慨捐赠
who have become so accustomed to your generous support,
所以不妨给他们一个惊喜 – 对你的捐献者
it wouldn’t hurt to give them a short, sharp shock. – Your donors
不要开口要更多钱 要更少
don’t ask for more. Ask for less.
你们如果很支持希顿哈里斯法案
If you feel strongly about Heaton-Harris,
跟那些不公开支持的参议员划清界线
you could do worse than to pledge to cut ties to any senator
没什么不好
who doesn’t come out in favor.
所以能对这件事施压
So, what, we’re turning the screw,
同时还能省钱?
and saving money at the same time?
我不想活在一个
I don’t want to live in a society
每周都有校园枪击案发生的社会
where there is a new school shooting every week!
所以当投票时刻来临时
That is why when put to vote,
我会支持希顿哈里斯法案!
I will be supporting the Heaton-Harris Bill!
匿名捐赠 但大家都觉得是彭博社
It came in anonymously, but everyone’s thinking Bloomberg.
50万?比我们的预算还高出12%
Five hundred grand? That’s over 12% of our budget!
捐这么大款项 为什么要匿名
If you were donating that much, why would you do it anonymously?
理由很明显 – 为了隐私?
Obvious reason. – What? Privacy?
如果属名 就像是在沽名钓誉
No. It makes you look noble when you leak your identity.
老天 你天生就这么愤世嫉俗吗
Oh, my God. Were you born that cynical?
那个词只是用来描写
That is just a word to denote the absence…
我多爱炫耀世故吧?
Of the naivety I so keenly exhibit? Yeah, right.
大伙三分钟后回来
Back on in three, people.
你什么时候这么怕面对镜头了
Since when were you camera-shy?
怎么了 长皱纹了?
What happened? You find a wrinkle?
瞧这不是比尔·桑弗德的哈巴狗
If it isn’t Bill Sandford’s poodle.
你们紧跟他的屁♥股♥ 是想做他的生意
Let me guess, on a tight leash, sniffing at his ass for business?
若不是你让我们难堪
If you weren’t such a joke,
我们已经在做他的生意了
we’d already have his business.
这样吧
So how about this?
给你的小傀儡放一天假 我就让你上头条
Give Mini-Me a day off, and I’ll give you a shot at the title.
电视直播辩论 就你和我
Live TV debate, you and me.
你一定是走投无路了 竟然愿意和我上电视
You must be desperate if you’re willing to give me airtime.
我会狠狠修理你
I kick your bony ass hard enough,
让桑弗德了解 为何应该找我们
Bill Sandford will realize why he came to us in the first place.
不 你需要我够厉害 让他担心
Uh-uh. You need me strong to make him worried.
你跟我对战之后 看起来就不会厉害了
You’re not looking so strong after a head-on with me.
好 我答应 在电视上给你面试机会
All right. I’ll grant you a job interview on national television.
好让你的主人知道 你是多么厉害的一条狗
You can show your master what a big, tough dog you are.
接下来要讨论的事情
What we’re about to discuss should only be referred to in code
在办公室和邮件 都只能用代号♥
in the office and over emails.
我前东家会使用窃听和黑客伎俩
My ex-employers aren’t beyond bugging and hacking.
你觉得会议室被窃听了?
You think our conference room is wearing a wire?
我们要锁定一个参议员
We’re gonna target a senator from a state
需要来自我们没有影响力的州
we have zero right to swing.
拜托 不要是那个
Oh, please, God, don’t say…
阿尔贝托·戈麦斯 共和党人 弗罗里达州
Alberto Gomez, Republican, Florida.
什么 我以为你要说密苏里州
What’? I thought you were gonna say Missouri.
弗罗里达州太荒谬了 – 我持乐观态度
Florida’s preposterous. – I’m being optimistic.
弗罗里达州的舆♥论♥是反对控枪
Public opinion runs against Heaton-Harris in Florida.
我们晚点说 – 在办公室里说吗
Let’s talk later. – In the office?
我要怎么表示反对 打旗语?
How do I register my dissent? By semaphore?
亚历克斯 你负责广♥告♥标语
Alex, you’re in charge of ad banners,
下午两点跟广♥告♥公♥司♥开会
you have a 2:00 at JWT.
我要两个电♥话♥提案
I want two phone pitches.
克拉拉 布莱恩 劳伦 第一组
Clara, Brian, Lauren, you’re one.
辛西亚 埃斯梅 法兰克林 第二组
Cynthia, Esme, Franklin, you’re two.
罗斯 把数据交给这两组
Ross, get stats to both. Come on, get to it.
快 开工
Come on! Get to it.
你到底在想什么
What the hell are you thinking?
你最好别打扰我工作
That you should let me do my job.
这里不是你前东家
This ain’t Cole Kravitz, damn it.
我们的客户是非营利组织
Our client’s a non-profit,
不是只想赚钱的大财团
not some cashed-up conglomerate.
我一直默默观察寻找
I’m hiding in the bushes with my begging bowl,
下个可以讨钱的对象
waiting to leap out at anyone who looks like money.
你却要浪费50万 做这种脑残事
and you’re getting ready to set fire to half a million dollars on some hare-brained…
这007把戏很诡异
I mean this James Bond shit’s endearingly wacky,
如果你真心觉得能从弗罗里达州
but if you think you’re seriously going to get
拉到任何票 就是异想天开
any traction out of Florida, you’re way out.
鲁道夫 你说服我来这里时
Rodolfo, it was explicit in your pitch to lure me here
说信任我主导选战的能力
that you held a certain degree of trust in my ability to run this campaign.
乔治 是我
George, it’s me.
我很清楚我在干嘛
I know what I’m doing.
我们需要讨论一下弗罗里达州
We need to talk about Florida.
而且我不做脑残的事
And I don’t do hare-brained.
这才对嘛
Fucking A right.
你赢了我一整个早上
From the way you been kicking my ass all morning,
我不禁怀疑 你是专程来虐我的
I’m starting to think you invited yourself here just to kick my ass.
我个人是支持希顿哈里斯控枪法案
I’m personally in favor of Heaton-Harris.
我公开表态了 选民都支持我
I’ve publicly declared, my voters are behind me.
来见面只是要痛扁我吗
Did you want to meet just to kick my ass?
听着 你掌握了6张票
Look, you’re sitting on six votes.
桑弗德不是笨蛋
Sandford’s not a punk,
他知道对手很需要那6张票
he knows the opposition’s counting on them.
也知道 若拿不到那6张票
He also knows if they don’t get them,
他们就玩完了
their campaign will be over.
所以你要怎么做
So, what are you gonna do?
走进我的俱乐部 在台球桌上教训我一局
Walk into my club, bend me over a green baize table,
然后对我高谈自♥由♥的重要性?
and give me the spiel about freedom?
如果自♥由♥党得逞了
About how, if the liberals get their way,
几百年后 第二修正案怎么会保障我们
in a couple of hundred years, the Second Amendment will enshrine
随身携带棒球棍的权利?
our rights to bear baseball bats?
不 那是你要对“蓝狗”联盟
No, that’s the argument you’re gonna make
那群保守民♥主♥党朋友说的
to your friends in the Blue Dog Coalition
因为你要改变立场了
when you tell them you’re changing your position.
桑弗德正在考虑支持新的候选人
Bill Sandford’s thinking about backing a new candidate.
他们自己人 很有潜力的新人
One of their own. A real up-and-comer.
西班牙裔
He’s Spanic.