And speaking of intoxication,
我能一一背出
I can recite from memory a list of upstanding,
在醉酒状态下投票立法的参议员名单
elected Senators who voted on legislation while severely inebriated.
另外跟你说一下 我们到目前
And just so you know, I think, by now,
完全清楚而且不会忘记
we are fully aware, and in no danger of forgetting,
印度尼西亚是一个
that Indonesia is a republic,
凑巧位于亚洲的共和国
which happens to be situated on the continent of Asia.
斯隆女士
Miss Sloane.
感谢您的发言参与
Welcome to the party.
五年
Five years.
真的值得吗 至少五年
Was it really worth it? Five years minimum.
什么五年
What’s five years?
印尼在亚洲的俏皮话 幼稚
All for some puerile quip about Indonesia being in Asia.
你难道没看出来 这是个设好的局
Can’t you see that whole construct was designed to…
然后奏效了
And it worked.
你讲五年到底是什么意思
Are you gonna tell me what five years is?
你中计了
You fell for it.
国会山上最聪明的人物
The smartest operative on the Hill
却被辛普森爷爷摆一道
Just got played by Grampa Simpson!
是我们要聊五年之久吗
Is it how long this conversation’s gonna feel like?
是在国会作伪证要关五年
It’s the going rate for perjury before Congress.
你放弃了第五修正案
Now you’ve thrown out the Fifth,
那些想要搞死你的人
anyone who wants you in the ground,
多如牛毛 他们都非常努力
and that’s a lot of people, they’re hard at work
竭尽所能要抓你说谎的铁证
dedicating their creative and intellectual efforts to catching you in a lie.
如果我保持沉默呢
Well, what if I just stay silent?
哦 真是好主意
Well, that’s a great idea.
该死 你的律师怎么没想到
Shit, why didn’t your lawyer think of that?
如果拒绝作答呢
If I refuse to answer…
则以藐视国会为由抓你坐牢
They’ll throw you in jail for contempt of Congress!
你刚刚给他们留下了大机会
You’ve just blown this thing wide open!
冷静点 丹尼尔
Calm down, Daniel.
开始让我觉得 你好像很在乎
You’re starting to look like you care.
没有
No.
我再也不管你了
I don’t care about you any further than I can throw you.
我辛苦地忙国会的道德游说案
I work for the one ethical lobbying practice on the Hill,
最后服务对象却是
and I wind up defending the poster child
道德最腐♥败♥职业的典型代表
for the most morally bankrupt profession since faith healing.
你的车在楼下 回家盯着天花板
Your car’s downstairs. Go home, stare at the ceiling,
准备钉在十字架上吧
get ready to be crucified.
我知道之前都不听你的建议
I know I don’t have the most stellar record in heeding your advice…
千万别作伪证
Don’t perjure yourself!
很可惜最后没能和伊丽莎白达成共识
Too bad things didn’t pan out with Elizabeth.
二个月零三周前
我们有其他选项
Oh, we have other options.
“阿米什鸡肉”是什么鬼玩意
What the hell is “Amish chicken”?
营销手法?
A marketing exercise?
不 我们要再找个游说家
No, we’ll just try and find ourselves another lobbyist.
我说的是阿米什鸡肉
I was talking about the Amish chicken.
她现在是你的敌人了
She’s your enemy now.
找你来这里
I invited you here
因为我们 是打败她的最佳人选
because nobody is better placed to neutralize her than us.
共事过好几年
We worked together for years.
我们知道她会怎么做
We know exactly how she operates.
对了 那只是在阿米什养的普通鸟
Oh, that is just a regular bird raised in Amish country, by the way.
因为上网买♥♥不到 比较好吃吗
It tastes better because it can’t use Google, huh?
听好 我们有五百万人 而且都握着枪
Look, there’s over five million of us. And we’re armed.
之前打赢过控枪法案
We’ve beaten this kind of bill before,
这次也会成功
we’ll beat it again.
他们敲锣打鼓 摇旗高调
They’ll make a lot of noise, they’ll wave their banners,
但最后都很老套
but in the end it’s so predictable.
她不老套
She’s not predictable.
她总是出其不意
She aims to surprise.
会跟组员讨论 但不会全盘托出
She’ll share things with her team, but she won’t share everything.
针对某些人布局 但他们都不知情
She’ll have a plan for certain people, but they won’t know
直到掉入陷阱才发现
until they’re dropped right into the middle of it.
总是盘算更多 这是她的工作方式
There’s always something else going on with her. It’s just how she works
我们有把握 她会去找哪个参议员
We have a good idea which Senators she’ll go for
我们可以抢先
and we can get in first.
他们目前支持者不够多
And they’re vulnerable on other members they’re already counting on.
贝格利参议员 密歇根州
Badgley, Michigan.
应该可以拉来6张票
He can bring maybe six votes.
只要抓住他 很快就会赢
We get to him, it’s a quick win.
好 让我看看你们的本事
All right. Show me some trained craft.
菲力牛排 三分熟 – 一样 全熟
– Filet mignon, rare. – Same, well done.
我也要全熟
Well done too.
北极红点鲑
The Arctic char.
请给我阿米什鸡肉沙拉
Amish chicken salad, please.
不好意思
Excuse me.
我们看重的正是你的洞察力
That kind of insight is exactly why you’re here.
不好意思
I’m sorry.
最后再度说服他是谁啊
Who closed him again?
你是谁
Who the hell are you?
女士晚安
Evening, ma’am.
之前那个人去哪了 马克
What happened to the usual guy? Mark.
他应该叫这名字吧
If that’s his real name.
马克离职了
Mark’s moved on.
我叫弗德
Call me Forde.
那是你的真名 – 你就这样叫我吧
Is that your real name? – Is to you.
美女 你叫什么名字 – 天啊
– How about you, gorgeous? – Oh, God.
你是政客 还是在大公♥司♥工作
You a politico, or one of these corporate-types?
你这样的淑女怎会进来呢
What brings a fine lady like you to room 904?
别说这个 你还需要喝多少
Not the conversation. How much you had to drink?
这迷你酒吧 根本不够喝
Well, a free minibar, I’d say not nearly enough.
你不能在房♥间内抽烟
You’re not allowed to smoke in here.
你不能买♥♥伴 但你还是做啦
You’re not allowed to buy company in here, yet here you are.
吸烟会被侦测到
Smoke is detectable.
会吸引注意 这很不专业
It could draw attention. It is unprofessional.
大公♥司♥作风 你是律师?
Okay. Corporate-type. Lawyer, maybe.
如果要继续 我需要一套标准…
If we’re going to proceed, I require a certain standard of…
公♥司♥规定 只收现金
Agency rules, lady. Payment in cash.
只有我知道咱俩的事
I’m the only one to know this little party here ever happened.
而且我已经喝了半箱酒了
And that’s with half a minibar down my gullet.
如果你要找别人 我理解
I understand if you were looking for something else.
你可以留下
You’ll do fine.
直接进入重点吧
Let’s get to the point.
好
All right.
希望你们不会觉得这是贫民窟
Hey, I hope you guys don’t feel like you’re slumming.
我还以为会更怪呢
I thought it’d be weirder.
会有豆袋坐垫 秋千之类的
Bean bags, couple swings, maybe.
至少有淋浴间吧
At least tell me you guys have shower rooms.
科尔联合企业有淋浴间?
Cole Kravitz had shower rooms?
跟他相处半小时 客户就会想冲澡
Clients felt like they needed one after 30 minutes with him.
设备齐全但没时间用 这些就够了
We had all the facilities, and no time to use them.
楼下的售货机怪怪的
The vending machine downstairs is weird.
要说性别和年龄才给饮料
Wouldn’t give me my beverage until I told it my gender and age range.
售货机公♥司♥要把个人信息卖♥♥给广♥告♥商
The vending machine company sells our personal details to Big Advertising.
我已经投诉了
I already posted a complaint.
没关系 我说的是假的
It’s okay, I just lied.
说你是成年男性吗
You told it you were an adult male?
嘴这么损干嘛
Why are you so horrible to him?
杰克刚刚撤销了巧克力酱税
Jacobs just pulled the Nutella Tax.
什么时候的事 – 刚收到的消息
– When did that happen? – I just got it.
棕榈油税?是你们撤销的?
The tax on palm oil? You’re the ones who killed it?
像渡渡鸟一样 过去的事了
Dead with the dodo.
印尼雨林里 还有多少动物也死了
Along with how many other unique species in the Indonesian rainforest?
不是你最好的比喻
Not your greatest analogy there.
这该由他们决定 毕竟是自己的国家
I guess it should be up to them, I mean, it is, after all, their country.
你知道他们由于滥砍滥烧
Do you know how much pollution their slashing and burning
造成多严重的大气污染?
pumps into the atmosphere?
占全球温室排放的0.2%不到
Less than 0.2% of global greenhouse emissions.