不让我们政♥府♥洗劫他们主要的收入来源
To stop our government from looting one of their few sources of income.
印尼有什么问题吗
And what is wrong with Indonesia?
我们准备让杰克参议员去那旅游
We’re about to secure Al Jacobs with a field trip there.
这是承诺还是威胁
Is that a promise or a threat?
我脑海浮现议员被丢进大锅里煮
I can just picture the good Senator being boiled in a cauldron
土著围着他跳舞的画面
with all these natives dancing around him.
去找那些福布斯500强客户吧
Get back to your Fortune 500 clients.
正因为你太爱干预 所以公♥司♥一直被业界人士中伤
Your colorful interventions are the cause of a lot of industry backchat this firm could do without.
我只为相信的事物工作
I work on behalf of causes I believe in.
所以我晚上睡得着觉
That’s how I sleep at night.
你晚上根本不睡觉
You don’t sleep at night.
你为了赢 可以不计代价
You sit and obsess about winning, no matter the cause.
你包里的安♥眠♥药♥不是你能睡着的原因
Those little pills in your purse are not the kind that lull you to sleep.
你和那群不体面的组员 会在这的唯一原因
The only reason you and your team of gum-chewing ragamuffins are here
就是媒体爱你那些狂妄招数
is that your arrogant pranks might generate
让我们吸引到比尔·桑弗德那种等级的客户
enough buzz to attract clients like Bill Sandford.
也就是说 若你不为他服务
Meaning, if you don’t dedicate yourself to his cause,
你在这家公♥司♥就没用了
this firm won’t have any use for you.
现在滚 去给我看看数据
Now go away, look into those numbers,
开始让女性拥护枪♥支♥
and start getting women into guns.
是否感到昏眩 恶心?
Any dizziness? Nausea?
没有
No.
你总是说没有
That’s what you always say.
医生 我很好
Doctor, I’m fine.
要不是保险公♥司♥要求的 我也不会和你打电♥话♥
If my insurance company weren’t such sticklers, we wouldn’t even be having this conversation.
你都几点睡觉
What time are you getting to sleep?
不一定 但我睡眠充足
I sleep a lot, it varies.
你昨晚几点睡
What time did you get to sleep last night?
你到底有没有睡觉
Did you get any sleep at all?
这阵子很忙
These are busy times.
你不需要医生提醒你
You don’t need a doctor to tell you
你这样工作无异于慢性自杀 这么长时间…
that you’re working yourself into an early grave. The long hours…
你刚打给我时 打哪个号♥码
Okay, when you called me just now, what number did you dial?
你家里的电♥话♥
Your home number.
手♥机♥已经关机
Cell is off,
炉上在煮可可 我床边有书
cocoa is on the stove, book is at my bedside.
我不到两小时就会睡着
I’ll be asleep in under two hours.
谢谢你打来 医生
Thanks for calling, Doctor.
共和党 他在加州可以帮你
In the Republican party, he can help you out in California…
没问题 很好
Okay! Good.
先生你好 是的
Oh sir, hello. Yes. Yeah.
和你介绍参议员戴维森
I want you to meet Senator Davidson.
我们的荣幸 – 是的
Our pleasure. – Yes.
谢谢你出席每场募款餐会
I appreciate you coming to every fund raiser.
好的 我马上回来…
Yeah, I’ll be right back.
希望下个月能再碰面 太好了
Hello! I expect to see you next time. Yes. That would be great.
很高兴认识你
Yes, nice to see you.
这么早就忙完了?
Early night?
如果要找人发言 你在浪费时间
If you’re looking for a quote, you’re wasting your time.
我注意到 你摆脱三个想跟你搭话的人 然后去洗手间半小时
I’ve just watched you extricate yourself from three conversations to use the ladies’ room in the space of 30 minutes.
被你抓到了 我有失禁问题 报导吧
You busted me. I’m incontinent. Write it up.
希望是我误解 你厌倦这城市了吗
I hope I’m wrong, but one might think you’re sick of this town.
你是邮报的人吗 怎么混进来的
You from the Post? How did you get in?
想占用你五分钟时间
I’d just like five minutes of your time.
好 走到车就三分钟 说重点
Fine. Walk to my car is three, get to the point.
据国会传闻 拥枪方找你
The word on the Hill is that the gun lobby
去打♥压♥希顿哈里斯法案 但你拒绝了
approached you over Heaton-Harris and you refused.
我不对“据国会传闻”发表意见
I don’t comment on “word on the Hill.”
我知道你拒接不认同的法案
I know the only way you’d do that is if you support the bill.
这很有趣
That’s quite a story.
因主张不同而拒绝大客户
Turning down a prized client because you can’t accept what they stand for.
伊莉莎白·斯隆
Elizabeth Sloane,
传说中坚定的游说家 谁知道 – 快说重点
the conviction lobbyist. Who knew? – I said, get to the point.
你认为现行体制腐♥败♥了吗
Will you admit the present system is broken?
我依然支持第二修正案
I remain committed to the Second Amendment.
假阳♥具♥在德州不合法
Dildos are illegal in Texas,
但任何人都能到商店买♥♥到枪
but Joe Public can walk into a sports store
难怪在德州拿假阳♥具♥犯罪率这么低
That would explain the low rate of dildo-related murders in Texas.
一点都不好笑
Okay, it wasn’t that funny.
你到底想要什么
What do you want?
你的发言
Your quote.
好 坚定的游说家只需相信他们能赢
Fine. A conviction lobbyist need only believe in their ability to win.
说得好
That’s a keeper.
另外私下问一件事
One more thing, off the record.
你对控枪一方了解多少
What do you know about the gun lobby’s opponents?
布雷迪阵营?他们肯定会输
The Brady Campaign? I know they’re going to lose
因为他们的预算少到 只能负担对手的擦鞋费
because their total budget is less than what the gun lobby pays to get their shoes shined.
他们的游说代表 彼得森·怀亚特公♥司♥呢
What about their lobbyists, Peterson Wyatt?
跨党派的高级中介公♥司♥
They’re a boutique bipartisan Government Affairs agency.
“高级中介”换句话就是“没影响力”
“Boutique” is a euphemism for “little fish.”
“跨党派”就是群穿西装的嬉皮
“Bipartisan” denotes a bunch of hippies in suits.
你认识他们的首席执行官吗
Do you know anything about their CEO?
叫施密特的人
Guy named Schmidt?
没听过
No, never heard of him.
但公♥司♥若是以他为形象
But if the firm is built in his image,
他肯定是个华而不实
I’m sure he’s a simpering wuss
顶着博士学位 只会傻笑的娘炮
with a Ph.D in style-over-substance.
了解
Got it.
对了 我还没自我介绍
I never introduced myself, by the way.
我叫鲁道夫·施密特
My name’s Rodolfo Schmidt,
彼得森·怀亚特公♥司♥的首席执行官
CEO of Peterson Wyatt.
怎么 我还不够华而不实吗
What’s the matter? Am I not simpering hard enough?
公♥司♥创立12年 我以为你叫彼得森什么的
Your firm’s 12 years old, I’d think your name would be Peterson or… What…
这是怎么回事
What is this about?
你支持控枪法案
You’re pro-Heaton-Harris.
大家都知道你跟老板有分歧
It’s an open secret you’re at war with your firm’s leadership.
布雷迪阵营想要你来主导通过法案
The Brady Campaign wants you to lead the fight to pass the bill.
你来为我们辩护 事成之后
You’d run defense out of our office. When it’s over,
各大巨头都会抢着要你的签名
you can choose from any of the D.C. behemoths lining up for your signature.
这是彼得森公♥司♥ 为你开的价码
This is Peterson Wyatt’s quote for your services.
我不知该感到荣幸 还是受辱 施密特先生
I don’t know if I should be flattered or insulted, Mr. Schmidt
但很明显错看我了
but you clearly have the wrong opinion of me.
我很了解你
I think my opinion of you is right on.
别说你不想打击拥枪方
Don’t tell me you don’t want to take a swing at this.
再见 施密特先生
Goodbye, Mr. Schmidt.
你的车在哪儿
Where’s your car?
在停车场吧 我不开车的
Should be at the valet by now. I don’t drive.
坚定的游说家不能只相信他们的制胜能力
喂 珍
Hi, Jane?
我知道现在几点
Yeah, I know what time it is.
听好
Listen…
如果苏格拉底没写过东西
If, uh, Socrates never wrote anything,
怎会有人知道他是谁
how is it anyone’s ever heard of him?
我们需要开个会
Look, we need a meeting.
他们要把杰克参议员带去哪 龙目岛?
Where are they putting Senator Jacobs? The Lombok Lodge?
是的
Yes.
在海滩上? – 对
– It’s on the beach? – Yes.
很好
Good.
这就可以打发道德委员会
This goes off to the Senate Ethics Committee.
一旦旅程被授权 杰克就在飞机上
Once they authorize the travel, Jacobs is on a plane.
这可以吗 – 可以
– Is that okay? – It’s fine.
就程序上而言 – 别担心
– Technically, I mean? – Don’t worry about it.
其实游说人员
It’s just… As lobbyists,
不可以和议员的海外旅游有牵扯
we can’t be involved in arranging overseas travel for members of Congress.
我假装忙的时候都会读道德条款
I read ethics regs when I want to look busy.
如果你真忙就会知道
If you weren’t just pretending to be busy,
变通办法是透过非营利组织
you’d know that the workaround is to get this to the non-profit,
让他们签署后 提交给道德委员会
have them sign and file with the Ethics Committee.
我看起来会担心吗
Do I seem unduly concerned?
了解
Okay.
乔治跟我说桑弗德那档事了

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!