继续
Proceed.
我相信希顿哈里斯法案是正确的
I believe the Heaton-Harris Bill is the right thing to do.
但我也意识到
But I also recognize
这不是我最初的动机
that this wasn’t what motivated me.
当他们请我来打这场仗 这个挑战让我难以抗拒
When I was offered a position on the campaign, I was in thrall to the challenge.
我决定接下 是因为我想赢
My decision to accept was based on my desire to win.
获得前所未有的胜利
And to win bigger than I ever had before.
我的行为很明显在职业道德标准上 是无法接受的
It’s clear that my behavior has fallen well short of acceptable ethical standards.
我越线了 导致了可怕的后果
I’ve crossed lines with devastating consequences
只是为了满足自己的求胜欲
in the service of my obsession.
我背叛了和我最亲近的人
I’ve betrayed the people closest to me.
危及他们的生命
I’ve endangered lives.
因此 我应当受到谴责
I deserve censure for this
这比文件错误要严重得多
far more than for any filing irregularity.
当考虑到希顿哈里斯法案时
When they consider the Heaton-Harris Bill,
我希望国会的每位成员
I wish that each member of Congress
可以追随榜样 不是我
would follow the example set, not by me,
而是我身后的这群人
but by the group of people that sit behind me.
他们坚持正确的事业 做出了伟大的牺牲
Who have made great sacrifices in the name of doing what they believe is right.
我希望国会成员在投票的时候
I wish that those members would use their votes,
考虑的不是自己的政♥治♥前途
not in the interest of their political advancement,
而是自己的信念 什么对国家才是正确的
but for what they believe is right for their country.
但我知道 我的愿望要破灭了
But I know my wishes are wasted.
这是不可能发生的
And that this will never happen.
因为我们的体制腐♥败♥了
Because our system is rotten.
凭良心投票 正直的政客 不会受到赞扬
It doesn’t reward honest politicians, who vote with their conscience.
得到好处的都是卑鄙小人
It rewards rats,
为了保全自己不惜出♥卖♥♥♥国家
who are willing to sell out their country to keep their noses in the trough.
别搞错了
Make no mistake.
那些卑鄙小人 才是美国民♥主♥的真正寄生虫
These rats are the real parasites on American democracy.
我认为若在游说控枪法案上取得进展时
I anticipated if we had sufficient success in lobbying for the Heaton-Harris Bill,
或许会遭受个人攻击
there may be an assault against me personally,
让团队难以维持 信誉受损
to stall our momentum and to damage our credibility.
但游说的重点是洞察先机
Lobbying is about foresight.
预测对手的招数
About anticipating your opponent’s moves
然后设计对策
and devising counter-measures.
我想跟你谈谈我未来的发展
I’d like to discuss my future.
现在时机不太适合 小可爱
This is hardly the time, cookie.
赢家永远比对手快一步
The winner plots one step ahead of the opposition,
当对方一掀底牌 就亮出王牌
and plays a trump card just after they play theirs.
其实是时候了
Actually, it is the time.
要确定能乘其不备
It’s about making sure you surprise them.
这他妈的是什么
The fuck is this?
而且对方无法反击
And that they don’t surprise you.
辞职信
My resignation.
我更适合学术界
Academia’s more my scene.
当我离开科尔联合企业
When I left Cole, Kravitz, and Waterman,
我在他们之中留了我的人
I retained an operative of mine in their ranks.
珍 联♥系♥施密特 告诉他有六个人要过去
All right, Jane. Contact Rodolfo Schmidt and tell him there is a total of six coming over.
谁说我要去了
Who says I’m coming?
计划就是要 策动一场由拥枪方发起的诬告听证会 他们就会集资
A plan was hatched to bankroll a trumped-up hearing at the behest of the gun lobby.
一定有我们遗漏的东西
There’s got to be something.
很惊讶你接了
I’m surprised you picked up.
不好意思 你打错了
I’m sorry, you have the wrong number.
她违反参议院道德准则
She’s in breach of Senate Ethics rules.
我们可以证明
We can prove it.
我派人监视乔治·杜邦 发现他和一位国会议员碰面
I placed George Dupont under surveillance until he met with a member of Congress
该议员与他狼狈为奸 亲自展现了什么叫道德沦丧
who exhibited sufficient moral bankruptcy to collude with such a plan.
去吧
And go.
该议员就是参议员罗纳德·迈克尔·斯珀林
That member was Senator Ronald Michael Sperling.
安静
Order.
这里不是你可以恶意攻击的地方…
This is not a platform you can use to make malicious, defamatory accusations…
请在你的浏览器输入
Input the following address into your browser.
193.184
193.184.216
193.184.216.449
下载档案 “地震”
Download a file named “Earthquake.”
我不能嘴上说一套 背后做一套
I can’t vote for it with one hand and choke it with the other…
快去准备车
Get the car.
听证会的费用是纳税人出的
The cost of hearings is paid from the public purse.
鉴于这些指控 本次听证会暂休
In light of these allegations, this hearing is adjourned.
他们不毁灭你 是不会停手的
They won’t stop until they annihilate you.
你知道“毁灭”字根是什么吗
You know the root of the word “annihilate”?
意思是“一点不剩”
It means, “reduce to nothing.”
请后退 后退
Back up, please. Back up. Back up.
他们就是会这样对付你 唐
That’s what they’re going to do to you, Ron.
坚定的游说家不能只相信他们的制胜能力
对你的工作 彼得森公♥司♥开价0元
马里兰 安德森市 联邦惩教所 十个月后
你愿意见我 我很惊讶
I’m surprised you showed.
听说不止我一个探访被拒
I hear I’m not the only one whose visits you’ve been refusing.
你的气色不错
You look good.
对没老二的人来说 监狱不算太糟
Prison’s not so bad if you don’t have a penis.
我们不会对彼此怎么样 我们成立了自助团体
We don’t shank each other, we form self-help groups.
监狱里有卖♥♥唇膏的黑市
There’s a black market in lip gloss.
为什么这次愿意见我?
Why this time?
他们说你要谈工作的事
They told me it was business.

Yeah. Um…
既然斯珀林和杜邦的听证会已经提上日程
Now that the Sperling and Dupont hearings are on the schedule,
我会要求提早释放 – 你
I’m petitioning for an early release. – You
对了 你的气色也不错
You look good, too, by the way.
谢谢
Thank you.
预计四个月 也许半年 就可以出狱
I think we are looking at four, maybe six months.
你促成了这整件事
You instigated the whole thing.
把自己变成武器
You weaponized yourself,
掀了国会山屋顶 弄得两败俱伤
brought the roof of the US Capitol crashing down on your head.
为的是什么 控枪法案?
For what, a gun bill?
奏效了 不是吗
Worked, didn’t it?
恭喜
Well, congrats.
罪犯现在都在黑市购买♥♥枪♥支♥ 他们叫苦连天
Criminals must now endure the hassle of procuring their guns on the black market.
但值得赔上你的事业吗
Was that really worth your career?
当另个选项是让事业毁了你时 也就没那么糟了
Career suicide is not so bad when you consider the alternative is suicide by career.
我的医生会跟你说 我服刑表现很好的
My doctor would tell you I’ve served my interest very well.
谢谢你来 丹尼尔
Thanks for coming, Daniel.
我很好奇
I’m curious.
那个文件填写的失误
Your little filing snafu?
你是故意填那张表的吧
You filled out that form deliberately.
让他们上钩的诱饵
That was you, throwing them a bone.
没了这个 他们就没理由召开听证会
Without it, they would have nothing to incite the hearing.
你可以不回答这个问题
And you’re under no obligation to answer that.
你都没告诉任何一个组员 是因为…
And you neglected to mention this to any of your team because…
最低五年
Five years minimum.
我会再来看你的
I’ll be seeing you.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!