– 反对控枪的人只会造谣 – 她在工作上一直小心翼翼
– She’s probably with that the gun lobby’s fear-mongering rhetoric
– went her entire career
– 抹黑希顿·哈里斯法案 – 不让这个秘密曝光
– is trying to paint Heaton-Harris into something it’s not.
– trying to keep that a carefully guarded secret.
你认为 是你让她曝光
Do you think that your little revelation
才害她被攻击吗
is what made her a target?
斯隆女士很明显不想讨论她
It’s clear Miss Sloane doesn’t wish to discuss Ms. Manucharian.
真正明显的是 你的访谈文章其实早就写好了
What’s really clear is that your article’s already written.
不要回应 那是你纯粹的臆测
Don’t respond to that. That’s purely speculative on your part.
是谁在控制你 – 我们走吧
– Who’s controlling you? – Let’s not do this.
事实是你不知道我们的意图
Look, the fact is, you have no way of knowing what Ms. Walsh intends to do…
事实是 你对斯隆女士的话不感兴趣
The fact is that you have no interest in what Miss Sloane has to say.
你怎么知道 – 你的录音机根本没开
– And how would you know that? – Your Dictaphone’s off.
伊莉莎白·斯隆的崛起
恶意抹黑 – 可能会更糟的
Takedown. – It could’ve been worse.
我目前已经发现了四个事实错误了
I’ve got four factual errors so far.
这样不妙 莉兹
This is not good, Liz.
扔了回收 有人会拿去做铅笔
Dump it in the recycling. They’ll make pencils out of it.
说不定有一支铅笔 就到正直点的记者手上了
Maybe one will find its way into the hands of a reporter with some integrity.
都会过去的
It will go away.
好的 谢谢
Okay, thank you.
再见
Bye.
这些参议员突然都很忙 真有趣
Funny how all these senators are suddenly very busy.
我们都知道是怎么回事
We all know why that is.
所以情势很严峻
Okay, so it’s not great.
虽然1500万让我们走到了这一步
The 15 million helped us get this far,
但跟国会最有钱的团体对战时 还是不够用
but it doesn’t last long when you’re fighting the richest group on the Hill.
说重点 投票时的情况会怎样
Let’s get to the point. How does it shake out when it comes to the vote?
会很接近 但最新的预测结果是
We’d run them close. But by latest projections,
我们会少4至7票
we’ll be between four to seven votes short.
今晚没什么可做的了
There’s nothing more we can do tonight.
莉兹 我们不需要走
Liz, we don’t have to leave.
西海岸还是白天
The West Coast is still awake.
我们可以联络俄勒冈州
We can connect with Oregon.
如果能搞定那些伐木团体 今晚就能弄到5票
If we close those goddamn loggers, we could get it to five votes tonight.
大伙回家休息吧
Go home and get some rest, guys.
今天做得够多了
You’ve done enough for today.
如果有必要 我会走上街
I’ll take to the streets and rip down those
把麦基尔海报一张张撕下来
fucking Frank McGill posters one at a time if I have to.
先回家 养精蓄锐
Go home, sharpen your knives.
明天依然是恶战
It’ll still be on tomorrow.
所以我们继续战斗
So we keep on fighting.
是我们唯一能做的
That’s all we can do.
我前妻也常这么说
As my ex-wife used to say.
你从募款会上逃走时 我认识了你
I met you running from a fundraiser.
你早就可以不管我们 为什么不退出
You could be done with all this. Why don’t you quit?
然后做什么
And do what?
晚安
Good night.

Hello?
我很惊讶 你竟然接了
I’m surprised you picked up.
不好意思 你打错了
I’m sorry, you have the wrong number.
她会收买♥♥国会议员
She’d ply Congressmen with benefits,
免费大餐 活动票劵 高尔夫周末
free meals, tickets to events, golfing weekends.
客户的费用 都通过公♥司♥支付
All paid for by our clients, via the firm.
这就足够了
Well, that right there’s enough.
她会给他们开具发♥票♥ 虽然他们从来没有想过要付钱
She’d make a point of invoicing them, though they were never expected to pay.
欠款以资产名义 记在我们头上 我们随时都可以要求归还
The debt shows as an asset on our balance sheet. We can call it in any time we want.
你在她身边两年
You were her right hand for two years.
一定有什么我们没注意到
There’s got to be something.
为什么没人查她的档案
Why’s nobody on her files?
原本人很多 但大家都落跑了
There were a ton of us, but the others got pulled out.
我们又不会因为查到东西陷入危险
It’s not like we’re in danger of finding anything.
你们查到多久之前
Well, how far d’you get?
到她离开前的最后一笔生意
We worked backwards from her last deal before she jumped ship.
找近期发生的事比较好
They said it’d be better if we can nail her on something recent.
那是什么 – 棉花糖蛋糕
Which was? – Shmallow Cakes.
税法问题 她只做到一半
Some tax thing. She left halfway through.
我以为是棕榈油
I thought it was the palm oil thing.
棕榈油? – 巧克力酱税
Palm oil? – Nutella Tax.
等等
Hold on.
印尼人?
The Indonesians?
我不记得看过这个
I don’t remember seeing that.
你在找什么
What are you looking for?
杜邦先生
Mr. Dupont,
她违反参议院道德准则
she’s in breach of Senate Ethics rules.
我们可以证明
We can prove it.
在这选期内 情况对你不乐观 唐
Things not looking so good for you this cycle, Ron.
要我说 你需要在媒体上多露脸
You ask me, you’re gonna need a lot more paid media.
我并没有问你
I didn’t ask you.
现在谁能资助那些电视广♥告♥
Now, who might just be able to fund those coveted TV spots?
我做了决定 支持控枪法案
I’m committed to Heaton-Harris,
我不能人前说一套 背后做一套
I can’t vote for it with one hand and choke it with the other.
在公正的掩护下 当然可以
Under cover of impartiality, sure you can.
你过去都一直公开批评游说家
You’ve been a vocal critic of lobbyists in the past.
你来主导对斯隆的调查
You’ll lead an inquiry into Sloane’s affairs in response to
针对她一连串的错误 施加媒体压力
growing media pressure regarding her litany of misdeeds.
听证会的费用是纳税人出的
The cost of hearings is paid from the public purse.
唐 我们的客户点名让你完成这任务
Ron, our clients have identified you as the man to pull this off.
如果你拒绝
If you decline,
我阻止不了他们 对你实行经济制裁
I can’t stop them from blitzing you with negative finance.
他们不毁灭你 是不会停手的
They won’t stop until they annihilate you.
你知道“毁灭”词根是什么吗
You know the root of the word “annihilate”?
是拉丁文
It’s Latin.
意思是“一点不剩”
It means, “reduce to nothing.”
他们会这样对付你 唐
That’s what they’re going to do to you, Ron.
所以是怎样 我跟桑弗德拿一大笔钱
So, what? I’ll be taking a wedge from Bill Sandford
然后去攻击 带头支持控枪法案的人?
and leading the attack on Heaton-Harris’ most visible advocate?
小学生都能看出其中的关联
A 6th grader could connect the dots.
我们可以混淆资金来源
We can create a structure to obfuscate the source.
你那一大笔钱会分成 8到12笔不同的汇款
Your big wedge will arrive courtesy of eight to 12 smaller entities
户名都和枪♥支♥无关
with no affiliation to guns.
这笔钱有多大
How big a wedge we talking?
大到能决定
Big enough
要么你可以连任美国参议员
to be the difference between the continuation of your duties as a United States Senator
要么就此告别你的政♥治♥生涯
and the reduction of your career to nothing.
这是自从布鲁·沃尔什发文后 近两周的黑文
This is every hit since the original Pru Walsh hack-job two weeks ago.
我最喜欢的是
My personal favorite is the one
关于你用捏造的抄袭丑闻 扳倒高中学生会主席
about how you toppled the head of the High School Student Council with a fabricated plagiarism scandal.
这应该不是诽谤 因为
I’m assuming that’s not libelous ’cause
这像你会做的事
I can totally see it.
那巫婆让人无法忍♥受
That witch was insufferable.
我要你退出选战
I’m taking you off the campaign.
什么
What?
不是你 是她
Not you, her.
要找我 我就在外头
I’ll be outside.
你在胡说什么
What are you talking about?
有你在 控枪法案的热度就逐渐降低
Heaton-Harris gets colder every day you’re associated with it.
斯珀林有你的把柄
Sperling’s got the hots for you.
我根本没见过他 这是陷阱
I haven’t even met him, this is a setup.
如果是他们搞的鬼 也是因为他们要我退出选战
If they’re orchestrating it, it’s because they want me off the campaign.
现在你要跟律师去听证会了
Right now, you’re lawyering up for a hearing.
关于你代表印尼政♥府♥一事
Regarding your representation of the Indonesian government.
丹 你在忙吗
Dan, are you busy?
参议员艾伦·杰克
Senator Allen Jacobs,
他是“巧克力酱税”法案的发起者
the sponsor of the bill you dubbed the Nutella Tax,
四号♥会议室 4月28日
和家人搭乘头等舱到印尼 入住五星级饭店
was flown to Indonesia first-class with his family, and put up at a 5-star hotel.
旅费经估算超过三万美元
Our audit puts the cost of this trip at over $30,000.
在他返美后不久 法案就被撤销了
Shortly after his return, the bill was pulled from consideration.
你认为是怎么回事
Now, why do you suppose this happened?
就我所知 那趟旅行属教育性质
I understand the trip was for educational purposes.
我推测他了解到 他的法案会毁了当地的主要产业
I can surmise that he learned how his bill would have strangled a key industry,

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!