And amateur lip-reader.
玻璃墙是谁的主意 真的吗
Whose idea were the glass walls? Seriously?
明天有两个电视通告 一个电台
Two TV slots tomorrow, then a radio thing,
然后伊利诺斯州的行程就结束了
and finally I’m done in Illinois.
你在哪儿
Where are you?
金石餐厅 希望他们上菜能快点
Gold Stone, waiting for them to hurry up and invent the food pill.
那大概要等一阵子了
That may take a while.
在想如何引诱最后4个参议员
And plotting to ensnare our last four senators.
56个到手 还有4个 其实进行…
Fifty-six down, four to go. We’re actually doing… Oh!
不好意思 等一下 – 不好意思 是我的错
– I’m sorry. – I’m so sorry. My fault.
没关系 我帮你
It’s alright. Let me help you.
谢谢 – 给你
– Thanks. Thank you. – Here you go.
可以吗
Okay?
抱歉
Sorry about that.
记得第一天我问你要怎么赢
Remember that first day when I asked how do we win,
你说“从现实看来 赢不了”
and you said “Realistically, we don’t”?
我说的都是肺腑之言
I stand by every word of that.
不好意思
Excuse me?
你要对1500万轻描淡写吗
So you’re going to downplay the 15 million?
对 因为不能听起来像在炫耀 我们吸引到多少资金
Yeah, ’cause we can’t sound like we’re bragging about how much we’re pulling in.
参议员会根据募款金额 来决定是否投票
Senators link donations to voting intention,
就不能说错话 来阻止…
we can’t say anything that might stop…
想吃子弹吗 贱♥人♥
You wanna take this, bitch?
埃斯梅 你还在吗
Esme, you’re still there?
来啊
Come on.
试试啊
Take it.
埃斯梅 怎么回事
Esme? What the hell was that?
你以前有过经验吧
You been here before, right?
埃斯梅! – 看着我!
Esme? – Look at me!
埃斯梅
Esme?
不过这次我会要了你的命
Except I’m gonna do it right this time.
我所站的位置是昨晚枪击现场
I’m standing at the scene of last night’s shooting.
我们了解到 袭击者的目标是 控枪运动的领袖人物
We understand that the assailant was targeting a leading figure in the gun control movement,
袭击者最后被隐蔽持枪的市民击毙
and was then shot dead by a civilian carrying a registered, concealed firearm.
乔治 你在看新闻吗
George? You’re watching the news?
对 桑弗德的好日子提前来了
Yeah, whole bunch of Christmases just came early for Bill Sandford.
我现在去机场 准备砸钱
I’m headed to the airport. Get ready to spend some money.
警方确认 他名叫弗兰克·麦基尔
Police have confirmed his identity as Frank McGill.
他是注册枪♥支♥的合法拥有者
McGill was a legal owner of a registered weapon.
控枪法案对他构不成影响
Heaton-Harris wouldn’t have touched him.
但能让另一个王八蛋更难拿到枪
But it might have made it harder for the other son of a bitch.
我们对他有什么了解 他从哪里买♥♥到枪的
What do we know about him? Where’d he get his piece?
他的地下室是不是私藏了很多武器…
Did he have an arsenal stashed in his basement…
要感谢第二修正案 因为这让她有权利
For the Second Amendment, which guaranteed her right to be
保护自己不被病态人士攻击
protected from a sick individual.
尤其是弗兰克·麦基尔
And most of all, for Frank McGill.
模范公民 有警觉心 责任心
Model citizen, vigilant, responsible,
而且枪法很准
and his aim is true.
你还好吗
How are you doing?
要回家了吗
You heading home?
你特地从华盛顿飞过来 在候机厅堵我?
You make a round-trip from D.C. to pin me in a departure lounge?
好把我从名单中删掉?
So you can check me off your list?
我背叛了你的信任 让你走上了这条路
I betrayed your confidence. I set you down this path.
“别担心莉兹 这不是你的错”
“Don’t worry, Liz, it’s not your fault.”
你想听我说这个吗
ls that what you wanna hear?
“你怎么可能提前知道”
“How could you possibly have known?”
我不会说这种话
You’re not gonna get it.
他想要杀死我
He wanted to kill me.
埃斯梅 我不知道界线在哪里
I didn’t know where the line was, Esme.
我一直都不知道怎么衡量
I never, never know where the line is.
要休养多久都行
Obviously, take all the time you want.
你觉得准备好了 随时欢迎你回到选战
And when you’re ready, we’d love to have you back on the campaign.
用你的方式 不上媒体 你可以在幕后工作
Your own terms. No media. You can work behind the scenes.
如果你不想跟我共事
If you don’t want to work with me,
我会辞职
I’ll resign from the campaign.
如果你希望这样
If that’s what you want.
这是逼我回岗位的伎俩吗
Is that your move to get me back at my desk?
要我上镜头和弗兰克·麦基尔对峙?
You want me in front of a camera to counter Frank McGill?
我甚至想过 一切都是你设计的
It even crossed my mind that this was all you.
你没料到 身后有持枪民众救了我
You just didn’t account for an armed civilian right behind me.
埃斯梅 – 我会继续战斗 伊莉莎白
Esme… – I’ll keep fighting, Elizabeth.
不论在哪里 只要可以推动改革
Wherever I can make a difference.
但离你越远越好
But as far as possible away from you.
当你不尊重别人时 就已经越界了
You crossed the line when you stopped treating people with respect.
你这么聪明一定懂
You’re smart enough to know that.
你只是不在乎
You just don’t care.
谢谢 欢迎回来
Thank you, thank you. Welcome back.
下位来宾是 当晚上走路回家
Our next guest this morning is the kind of guy you’d want to have around
遇到有人当面拿枪指着你时 希望有他在身边的人
when you’re walking home from work one night and some dude sticks a gun in your face.
军旅退役后 麦基尔当过商业飞行员
After his military career, McGill worked as a commercial pilot…
面对现实吧大家 街上并不安全
Let’s face it, folks, the streets ain’t safe.
若不是嘉宾的勇气 果敢和精准的枪法
And if it wasn’t for the courage, bravery, and damn fine aim of our next guest,
我们就要反思另一出悲剧了
we’d be reflecting on yet another tragedy.
女士们和先生们 请欢迎此刻的大人物
Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome
the man of the moment.
弗兰克·麦基尔
Frank McGill.
弗兰克·麦基尔 全美国的英雄
So, Frank McGill, all-American hero.
别这么说 我只是普通人 出现在了正确的场合
Not at all. An ordinary guy in the right place at the right time.
腰间配有手♥枪♥
With a 9 milli. under his belt.
我很好奇 你拯救的那个人 曾积极推动禁止隐蔽持枪
I’m curious. The person whose life you saved once campaigned for a ban on concealed carry.
你怎么看
How do you feel about that?
我尊重 但反对他们的观点
I respectfully disagree with those views.
这位年轻女士可以有自己的意见 但没有人能因此攻击她
But the young lady is entitled to her opinion and nobody should be attacking her for that,
更不能拿枪指着她
much less holding her at gunpoint.
麦基尔真是天赐的大礼
McGill’s a gift from God.
但这件事的影响不会持久
But it won’t last forever.
利用这机会 把斯隆调查得更透彻
We’re looking to parlay that into a closer examination of Sloane.
我想通过国会听证会 检验她奇招百出的游说方法
I’m thinking of a Congressional hearing into her unorthodox lobbying practices.
我有把握找到 有意愿加入的参议员
I’m sure we can find a senator who may be open to the idea.
在媒体上说她坏话是一回事
You want to talk trash about her in the press, that’s one thing.
国会听证则是需要 针对她不当行为的有力指控
A Congressional hearing requires a convincing allegation of impropriety.
能让她颜面全无 我少颗蛋也愿意
I’d give my left nut to drag her rep through the dirt,
但你不会得逞 她是毁尸灭迹的高手
But you’re not gonna get it. She’s a CYA specialist.
我还没见过比她更精细的人
I’ve never met anyone so pedantic…
快展开调查
Start an inquisition.
看看她究竟有多不露痕迹
Let’s see how well-covered her ass really is.
你好
Hi.
布鲁·沃尔什 谢谢你们过来
Pru Walsh. Thanks so much for coming over.
他是法律部的麦克·戈登
This is Mike Gordon from our legal department.
这是我们法律部的丹尼尔·波斯纳
Daniel Posner from ours.
斯隆女士 你在业界名声是出名的差
Miss Sloane, you’re at the forefront of an industry with a terrible reputation.
你认为那是公正的评价吗
Do you think that’s deserved?
这法案数十年都过不了的原因
The only reason this bill wasn’t passed decades ago
就是特殊利益从中作梗
is because of the power of special interests.
当游说家募款…
When a lobbyist raises finance…
枪击后 埃斯梅没再露面
We haven’t heard from Esme Manucharian since the attack.
你有跟她联♥系♥过吗
Are you in contact with her?
那是我的私事
That’s a private matter.
我觉得现在重要的是…
I think what’s important to remember…
你有跟她说上话吗
So have you talked to her at all?
现在要记住的重点是…
What is important to remember here is that
麦基尔正是合法的持枪者楷模
Frank McGill is exactly the kind of law-abiding, responsible gun owner
控枪法案保护这种人的权利
whose rights the Heaton-Harris Bill protects.
你对发生的事有内疚感吗
Do you feel any guilt about what happened?
我为什么要内疚
Why would I feel guilt?
你把埃斯梅弄成代言人
You made Esme the face of your campaign.
在辩论那晚把她丢到聚光灯下
You thrust her into the limelight that night on the debate.
我不谈这个 – 你不需要回答
I’m not talking about this. – You don’t have to.
她知道会被你这样曝光吗 她同意过吗
Did she know that you were going to out her on national TV? Did she agree to that?
为什么不报导大部分持枪者
Why not report that the majority of gun owners
都希望有更完善的背景调查
favor more extensive background checks?