你有政♥治♥行动委员会?
You have a PAC?
桑弗德在申报日 会有很爽的惊喜
Bill Sandford’s getting a nasty surprise come filing day.
有多爽
How nasty are we talking?
来自300万捐款者的1500万
Fifteen million from over three million donors-nasty.
你只用了三个月时间?
In one quarter?
实际上更短
Actually, less.
真不敢相信
Unbelievable.
为什么现在才告诉我
Why are you telling me this now?
你一直瞒着我 然后今晚才说?
You kept this from me all along, and you’re telling me tonight?
老天 告诉你还有戏
Oh, my God, I tell you we’re back in the game,
然后你只在意这个?
and all you can say is that?
你一开始就想把埃斯梅供出去
You knew you were gonna screw Esme tonight,
就故意不提这件事 不让我开除你
so you kept this from me to blindside me before I had a chance to fire you.
你对“高级”游说家有独到的见解
You have unusual insight for a “boutique” lobbyist.
你一直在操纵一切
You’ve been pulling all the strings, all along.
游说的重点就是洞察先机
Lobbying is about foresight.
预测敌人的行动
You anticipate your opponent’s moves,
设计对策 – 我又不是…
you devise… – I am not
你♥他♥妈♥的敌人!
your fucking opponent!
你有正常过的时候吗
Were you ever normal?
小时候呢
As a child?
还是打自娘胎就开始了
Or were the twisted thought processes in your mind
这种扭曲的思考模式
hard-wired in the womb?
因为我怎样都想不透
Because I’m having a really hard time
怎么有人可以做的这么绝
understanding how somebody gets to this.
可能我就是个混♥蛋♥吧
Guess I’m just a piece of work.
明天见
I’ll see you tomorrow.
你是玛德琳·伊丽莎白·斯隆
You’re Madeline Elizabeth Sloane.
你在通信公♥司♥负责政♥府♥事务
You work in government affairs at a communications company.
百度得不错
Well googled.
在募款餐会上 那是干嘛
So what was that? At the fundraiser?
装作不认识我
You pretended like we’re strangers.
你还要我怎样
What did you expect?
你还好吗
You all right?
只有我妈会叫我玛德琳
The only person to call me Madeline was my mother.
政♥府♥事务和通信
Government affairs and communications
只是游说的好听说法
are just fancy words for lobbying.
游说又是什么的好听说法
And blowfish a fancy word for what, exactly?
出了这房♥间 我们就是陌生人
Outside this room, we’re strangers.
这是我跟你之间的规则
Those were the rules of this engagement.
这里没有别人 – 在公共场合
We were alone… – In a public place.
我不能跟你扯上关系
I can’t be associated with you there.
难保有人知道你的真实身份
At least one other person knew who you were.
她是谁
Who was she, anyway?
我从不透漏客户的身份
I never reveal my clients. Ever.
你只是窥探他们的私生活
You just, uh, pry into their personal lives,
上网找真♥相♥
blowfish for the truth.
听说游说家都不太喜欢真♥相♥
Yeah, I hear you lobbyists ain’t so good with the truth.
有四个身份 还跟陌生人陪睡的人 有资格这么说?
Says the guy with four identities, who sleeps with strangers for money?
我只是惊讶 你天生的说谎技巧
I’m just surprised by what a natural bullshitter you are.
我是靠说谎长大的 弗德
I grew up lying, Forde.
我不想 但别无选择
Didn’t want to. I had to.
所以我很擅长
That’s why I excel at it.
我宁愿有正常生活也不要这个特长
It’s a skill I would’ve happily traded for a normal life.
正常不一定好
Normal’s overrated.
对不起
I’m sorry.
对不起
I’m sorry.
我做不到
But I can’t.
怎么了
What’s wrong?
我很抱歉 今晚算了吧
I’m sorry. Forget about tonight.
为什么 我做错了什么
Why? I do something?
没有 只是…
No, it’s, um…
我现在没这个心情
I’m not in the right frame of mind.
拿去 这是你赚得最容易的钱了
Here. Easiest money you ever made.
我什么都没做
I didn’t do anything.
你来了 我浪费了你的时间 所以
Well, you showed up, I wasted your time, so, yeah.
我们可以聊聊
You know, we could just sit and talk, and…
他妈的快拿钱 弗德!
Take the fucking money, Forde!
请离开
Get out, please.
随便你
Suit yourself.
诺伊马克 – 诺伊马克 对
Neumark. – Neumark, yes.
米尔纳 卡森 – 来个人帮忙 快点
Milner. Carlson… – Two hands here, come on.
弗吉尼亚州的韦德 – 还有哈克曼
Wade Powell, Virginia. – Hackman’s come over too.
我们失去了米尔纳 诺伊马克
We’ve lost Milner, Neumark,
卡森 哈克曼
Carlson, Hackman.
阿达莫的幕僚说他的立场也开始动摇
Adamou’s chief of staff said he’s softening his position.
我去搞垮他的… – 比尔桑弗德在三线
I’ll soften his fucking… – Bill Sandford’s on line 3.
我现在让阿达莫变铁票
Closing Adamou right the fuck now.
她拿我的主意来攻击我们
She takes my own idea and goes up against us with it.
我们警告过你 比尔
We did try to warn you, Bill.
1500万 300万个捐款人
Fifteen million. From three million donors.
不到三个月就办到了 – 阻止她
In less than a quarter. – You stop her,
就是阻止了希顿哈里斯法案
you stop Heaton-Harris.
我们要攻击她的私生活
We have to make it personal now.
让她变成话题焦点
She becomes the story.
可以运用我们的媒体关系
We can use our media relationships, Bill,
让她处于劣势
put her on the defensive.
我不只是要让她处于劣势
I don’t just want her on the defensive.
不只是要让她退出选战
I don’t just want her off the campaign.
我要她成为一个例子
I want her to be the reason
让其他人看看和第二修正案作对 是什么下场
that people think twice before taking on the guardians of the Second Amendment.
我要毁了她的职业生涯
I want her career.
亚历克斯 是我 我刚落地
Hey, Alex, it’s me. I just landed.
费城的状况跟我们预期一样好
Philadelphia was as good as what we could have hoped for.
现在状况如何 – 还缺4张票 大伙
– So how are we doing? – That’s four to go, people.
认真的吗
You’re kidding me.
哇 真是太棒了
Wow, that’s amazing.
好了 现在加入我们的是埃斯梅·曼尼克瑞安
All right. We’re joined now by Esme Manucharian.
埃斯梅 谢谢你来
Esme, thanks for joining us.
城市公园广场 伊利诺州芝加哥
你觉得枪♥支♥辩论
Would you say that the gun debate is now
现在上升到女权问题了吗
largely become a women’s issue?
你只需要看数据
You need only look at the numbers
枪♥支♥安全问题 已经成为美国女性所面临的首要问题
to see that gun safety has become a deciding issue for American women.
如果忽视她们的声音
If their representative isn’t listening,
她们会选出会听意见的人
they’ll go to the polls and elect someone who will.
你想干什么 我有1500万可以花
What do you want? I got 15 million to blow.
劳伦在整理你的信
Lauren was going through your letters.
在死亡恐吓信和憎恨信里发现这个
Between the death threats and the hate mail, she found this.
《前哨报》的布鲁·沃尔什
Pru Walsh of The Sentinel is doing
正在做游说行业的专题报道 她想找你
a feature on the lobbying industry. That means you.
如果要跟我见面 为什么只寄信
Well, if she wants to meet me, why did she send a letter?
因为不是真的想跟你见面
Because she doesn’t really want to meet you.
她要求过采访你 但没有得到回音
She wants to say she reached out to you for an interview, but didn’t hear back.
她要搞你
It’s a takedown.
看来我们也只能让她失望了
Well, the least we can do is disappoint her.
安排采访吧
Set it up.
我取消了你十点的会议
I’ve canceled your 10:00 a.m.
你去见我们的内部律师
You’re gonna see our in-house attorney.
你们应该没碰过面
I don’t believe you two have met.
你知道我的想法
You know how I feel about this.
一开始就反对你雇佣她
I was against you ever hiring her.
因为你的工作 不是要赢游说战
Because your job is not winning lobbying fights,
你的工作是不要让我们…
your job is to stop us from getting…
因为她而变得卑劣
Quite independently of her being utterly contemptible.
你到底在想什么啊
What the hell were you thinking?
不论是什么 现在看起来都很蠢
You know, whatever it was, I guess it seems pretty stupid now.
莉兹 来见你的辩护律师
Liz, meet your protection.
丹尼尔·波斯纳 法律部主管
Daniel Posner, Head of Legal.
莉兹·斯隆 卑劣的累赘
Liz Sloane, contemptible liability.
也是业余的读唇语者

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!