一千…后面出价两千镑 两千镑
At £1,900. £2,000 at the back. £2,000
还有吗 目前是两千镑
Any more at £2,000.
两千三百镑
£2,300.
-有钱的混♥蛋♥ -谢谢 先生 两千三百镑
– Rich Bastard! – Thank you, sir. £2,300.
现在是两千三百镑
At £2,300.
还有高于两千三百镑的吗
Any more, then, at £2,300?
两千五百镑
£2,500.
女士出价两千五百镑
The lady at £2,500.
高于您的出价 先生 两千五百 两千八百
Against you, sir, at £2,500. £2,800.
波特小姐 您的出价已经超出农场的价值了
Miss Potter, you’ve bid more than that farm is worth.
三千镑 现在是这位女士出价三千镑
£3,000, at £3,000 seated, with the lady.
高于您的出价 先生
Against you, sir.
是否有高于三千镑的
Are we all done at £3,000?
三千镑一次
Going once,
三千镑两次
going twice,
三千镑成交 这位女士竞标成功
sold to the lady, £3,000.
先生 你该管好你的客户
Sir, you should control your client.
她是被情绪冲昏了头脑
She has allowed her emotions to get the better of her.
是嘛
Really?
她浪费了一切利用那座农场获利的机会
She has squandered any possibility of profit from that farm.
那本是块值得开♥发♥的好地
It was prime development land.
这地方 这一地区 能激发灵感
This place, this community is an inspiration.
应该保留下来 传给后代
It should be conserved for future generations,
而不该被毁 应该得到保护
and not destroyed. It deserves protection.
女士 你的看法十分狭隘…
Madam, your observations are woefully inadequate…
够了 先生 我现在不会再站着听人训斥了
Please, sir. I am no longer in the habit of being lectured to,
而且幸好 我不需要你或其他任何人的允许
and, thankfully, I do not require your approval or anyone else’s.
所以 我们失陪了 希利斯先生 走吧
So, if you’ll excuse us? Mr Heelis?
希望您不会养成这个习惯 波特小姐
I hope you’re not going to make a habit of this, Miss Potter.
知道吗 希利斯先生 我觉得有这可能
Do you know, Mr Heelis, I think I might.
您明天有时间带我去看其他的农场吗
Now, will you have time tomorrow to show me those other farms?
-当然 -太好了
– I certainly will. – Excellent!
请进
Come in.
天呐
Oh, my!
真不错啊
Goodness me!
稍等一下
I’ll be just a moment.
小伙子 喜欢你的新家吗
Now then young man, how are you taking to your new home?
我知道这儿不比伦敦
I know it’s not London,
但山顶农场或许更适合一只小兔子呢
but Hill Top might suit a young rabbit better.
他似乎很喜欢这里啊
He seems to be taking to the place.
我也是 希利斯先生
As am I, Mr Heelis.
-上路吧 -好的
– Now, the road. – Oh, yes.
当然 波特小姐
Yes, of course, Miss Potter.
叫我威廉好吗
How would you feel about calling me William
别喊什么希利斯先生了 听着像送葬的
instead of this infernal Mr Heelis? I sound like an undertaker.
好的 威廉
Of course, William.
我想你喊我碧翠丝也很合适
And I believe Beatrix might be perfectly appropriate as well.
写下一个故事的开头
There’s something delicious about writing the
有种特别的滋味
first few words of a story.
你永远猜不到接下来会如何发展
You can never quite tell where they’re take you.
我的故事让我来到了这里
Mine took me here.
我的归宿
Where I belong.
搬到湖区八年后 碧翠丝与威廉·希利斯结婚
她妈妈并不赞成
碧翠丝通过一个土地保护信托机构将四千英亩的农田赠给了英国人♥民♥
碧翠丝·波特的作品是史上最畅销的童书