because there’s no hiding your indulgences, ladies.
也不见得什么有支撑物 可以缓解人的欲望
Not a support in sight to help human nature.
失陪一下
Excuse me a moment?
谢谢 女士们
Thank you, ladies.
-乔 -玛杰里
-Joe. -Margery!
那么 你能做什么 来支持这个古迹
So, what can you do to prop up this ancient monument?
非要谈到古迹的话
If you must talk of ancient monuments,
你知道埃尔金石雕曾被上过色吗
did you know that the Elgin Marbles were once painted?
不 我真的不知道
No, I can’t say that I did.
鲜亮俗气的颜色 糟糕透顶
Bright, garish colors. Awful.
现在他们只是大理石雕刻
Now aren’t they better just marble,
以智慧为饰 以美丽为妆 不是更好
worn a little into something wise, as well as beautiful?
乔·布洛姆菲利普德 你是世界上最好的美言者
Joe Blomfield, you are the world’s best flatterer.
也许我的意思是 你该归入博物馆
Or maybe I’m saying you belong in a museum.
不要篡改杰作 玛杰里
You don’t tamper with a masterpiece, Margery.
你该顺其自然
You allow it to be.
这是我对你的忠告
That’s my advice to you.
这条围巾 如果我可以说 你戴着很漂亮
That scarf, if I may say, looks perfect on you.
是吗 谢谢 这是个礼物
Well, thank you. It was a present.
你知道 我觉得这是我穿戴过的最漂亮的东西
You know, I think it’s the most beautiful thing I’ve ever worn.
现在美言者言逢对手了
Now the flatterer has been out-flattered.
-对不起 -这是我的作品之一
-Sorry? -It’s one of mine.
那个设计 是去年为米米服装品牌做的
The design. Last year for Mimi Couture.
我的天
My goodness.
你真的不知道
You really didn’t know.
好吧 这的确也是一种恭维 夫人 谢谢
Well, that is a compliment indeed, madam. Thank you.
乔·布洛姆菲利普德
Joe Blomfield.
-吉娜薇·佩迪格鲁 -幸会
-Guinevere Pettigrew. -A pleasure.
不用担心
Not to worry.
我没有接电♥话♥
Well, I didn’t answer the telephone
因为我无法接
because I couldn’t answer the telephone.
-为什么 -我在浴室里
-Why not? -I was in the bathroom.
在洗澡
Having a bath?
不是 我就是没有接电♥话♥
No, I just didn’t answer the telephone,
现在乔说婚约取消了
and now Joe says the engagement’s off.
就是因为一些愚蠢的小误会
Just because of one stupid little misunderstanding.
伊迪萨 这位是佩迪格鲁小姐
Edythe, Miss Pettigrew.
这位是伊迪萨·迪巴里
Edythe Dubarry.
佩迪格鲁小姐是我的新社交秘书
Miss Pettigrew is my new social secretary.
是吗
Really?
真让人好奇
How intriguing.
我知道 虽然她打扑克输得一无所有 或者怎样
I know. Lost her shirt playing poker or something.
但是她是全伦敦最好的 霍尔特小姐亲口告诉我的
But she is the best in London. Miss Holt told me so herself.
她在卡罗尔·兰布德拍完了”夜奔”之后才刚空闲下来
Just freed up after Carole Lombard finished Vigil in the Night.
不是么 吉娜薇
Isn’t that right, Guinevere?
我听说那是部很不错的电影
I heard it’s a very fine picture.
我们之前没有见过面吗
Haven’t we met before?
我想没有
I don’t believe so.
就是最近 我看人是过目不忘的
Recently. I never forget a face.
你真的不该穿那种浑浊的棕色
You really shouldn’t wear those muddy browns, you know.
-那颜色不适合你 -哦
-They’re not your color. -Oh.
像是殡仪馆里的衣服 这马上就会解决
The funeral parlor thing? It’s in hand.
我们现在就要去你的小店
We’re on our way to your little store
改变一下这个状况
to correct the situation this very minute.
亲爱的 我的店和沙龙随你使用
My shop and salon are at your disposal, my dear.

Oh!
跟我们一起来
Come with us!
我们可以打扮吉娜薇 你可以告诉我所有乔的事
We can do Guinevere, and you can tell me all about Joe
而我可以告诉你 我神奇的早晨
and I can tell you about my amazing morning.
见鬼 衣服的骨撑架还在那边 为什么不去
Hang it all, the bone structure’s there. Why the devil not?
碧翠斯 取消掉我的预约 我突然有些不便
Beatrice, cancel my appointments. I’m suddenly inconvenienced.
太好了 走吧
Perfect! Come on, now!
-她要做什么 -我们要进行大改造
-What is she going to do? -We’re going to do a fixie!
把尼克从他自己的公♥寓♥赶出去了
Turned Nick out of his own flat?
她不喜欢他
She didn’t like him.
-天啊 他会允许她这样做 -他可不是她的对手
-Good heavens! He let her? -He was no match for her.
亲爱的 女人无所不能
My dear, the woman can do anything. Anything.
不 绝对不行 这件太粉了 太过时了
No. Definitely not. It’s too pink, it’s too passe.
那件也不行
Not that one, either.
-她要去参加舞会吗 -是啊 当然
-And she’s coming to the party? -Well, of course.
她会助我最终赢得”胡椒粉堆”的主演机会
She’s going to clinch the lead in Pile on the Pepper for me.
哦 不 不要那个红色 我觉得和她的头发不搭
Oh, no, not the red. Not with her hair, I think.
但我以为你昨天晚上就胜券在握了
But I thought you’d secured that deal last night.
我也这样觉得
Well, I thought so, too.
我表演得十分出彩 连我自己都这样觉得
And I played it magnificently, if I do say so myself.
可后来 菲利普宣布他要和兔女郎一起共进午餐
But then Phil announced that he was going to have lunch with the Rabbit.
-夏洛特·沃伦 -嗯
-Charlotte Warren? -Mmm.
-噢 我的天 -确实
-Oh, my dear. -Exactly.
所以你能明白 我为什么需要吉娜薇的力量
So you can see why I need Guinevere’s powers.
的确明白
I do indeed.
我想知道…
I wonder…
什么
Yes?
噢 没事
Oh, nothing.
-那一件 -那一件
-That one! -That one!
拉弗塞小姐 噢
Miss Lafosse? Oh!

Oh!
谢谢 真不错
Thank you. Very nice.
吉娜薇 我想我们准备好了
Guinevere, I think we’re ready.
你确定就是这样 伊迪萨 亲爱的
And you’re sure that’s all it was, Edythe, my dear?
只是火车晚点 不关格里的事
Just a late train? No Gerry involved?
你和乔一样坏
You’re as bad as Joe.
格里和我已经分手了 彻底分手了
Gerry and I are finished. Absolutely finished.
所以在帽子节那天
So Tabitha and I bumped into him
塔比瑟和我在赛马场又偶然与他碰面了
at Hat Day at the races.
但那又怎样
What of it?
我们乘上了去维多利亚的末班列车 绝对只是那样
We got the last train into Victoria and that was absolutely that.
我收获的浅顶帽大受好评 多谢询问
My fruit fedora was much admired, thank you for asking.
要是乔疑心这么重的话 他可以去火车站核实一下
Joe can check with the station if he’s so damnably suspicious.
11:30到站 直接打车回家 一个人
Arrived at 11:30 and took a taxi straight home. Alone.
整件事太荒唐
The whole thing is ridiculous.
晚点的火车让整个婚姻都泡汤了
One late train and the whole marriage is off.
男人就是这样多疑 我想不通为什么
Men are so untrusting. I can’t think why.
你没事吧
Are you all right?
抱歉 我刚记起某件事
Sorry, I was just remembering something.
一切顺利吗 吉娜薇
Everything all right, Guinevere?
哦 是的 马上好
Oh, yes. Just a moment.
这是我吗
This is me?
完全是你
All you.
正如你的本来面目
As nature intended.
吉娜薇 别这样了 看在上帝的份上
Guinevere, control yourself, for heaven’s sake!
染眉油
The mascara!
不 当然 当然
No, of course. Of course.
差不多了
That was close.
我要把这个 还有些别的东西 记在尼克的账上
Well, I’m just gonna put this, and a few other things, on Nick’s account.
马上就回
I’ll be right back.
哟 变化真大
Well, what a transformation.
我想 我不该得到这些
I suppose I’ve never felt I really deserved it.
像你这样的社交秘书
A social secretary such as yourself?
卡罗尔·兰布德的社交秘书 受之无愧
Carole Lombard’s social secretary, no less.
眼线笔
Eyeliner.
像你这样让男人惊叹的尤物
As you’re such a wow with the men,
我在想 你可不可以帮我与乔谈谈
I was wondering whether you could have a word with Joe for me.
把这个小误会解决掉
Smooth this little misunderstanding over.
我们要结婚的 你知道 曾经要
We’re getting married, you know. Were.
这对我来说意义重大
It would mean such a lot to me.
恐怕我不能这么做
I’m afraid I couldn’t do that.
是吗
Really?
吉娜薇 你和我都没有
You and I, Guinevere, we don’t have what
像黛莉西亚这种绝代佳人所拥有的东西
the Delysias of this world have.
我们不得不为之努力 即兴发挥点小聪明
We have to work at it, improvise a touch,
稍微假装一下 去得到我们想要的

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!