你是否曾觉得所做的一切都无济于事
Do you ever feel like nothing you do matters?
就像你在沙滩上留下了脚印
You leave footprints on the beach,
可第二天就会消失不见
and tomorrow they’re gone.
日复一日过着平淡的生活
Like it’s just today over again.
他们说青春年少的时光
They say your teen years
是用来广交朋友 纵情享乐的
are for making friends and having fun…
这让我感觉更难受了
which made me feel even worse.
艾米 我是杰克
Hey, Amy. It’s Jake.
我们一起上数学课
I’m in your math class.
别忘了你的成人纸尿裤
Hey, don’t forget your adult diapers.
是啊
Yeah, right.
杰克 有你的电♥话♥
Jake. Phone for you.
但那一天 一切都改变了
But that day, everything changed.
谢谢你送我 谢莉
Thanks for the ride, Shelley.
为什么要你去照顾你爷爷
So, how come you have to go deal with your grandpa?
我爸工作脱不开身
My dad couldn’t get out of work.
我都不知道他居然有工作
I didn’t think he worked.
我给爷爷打个电♥话♥
I’m just gonna call Grandpa.
你好 我是亚伯
Hello, this is Abe.
我是杰克
Hey, it’s Jake.
不 不要过来 听我说
No! Don’t come here. Listen to me.
这里不安全
It’s not safe.
不要来这里
Stay away.
爷爷 你今天吃药了吗
Grandpa, did you take your pills today?
我枪柜的钥匙本来放在抽屉里
The key to my gun cabinet, it was in the drawer.
可是现在不见了
And now it’s gone.
对啊 爸爸拿走了 记得吗
Yeah, Dad took it, all right?
他帮你保管着呢 没事的
For safekeeping. It’s okay.
你♥爸♥要我赤手空拳对付他们吗
Your father wants I should fight them without a gun?
上帝保佑他
God bless him.
他怎么了 老年痴呆症吗
What’s his deal, Alzheimer’s?
障碍性痴呆症
Dementia.
那家伙真是吓死我了
That guy gave me the heebie-jeebies.
有事就叫我
Holler if you need me.
爷爷
Grandpa?
谢莉
Shelley!
怎么了
What’s goin’ on?
有人闯进去过
Someone broke in.
我车里有把38毫米口径的手♥枪♥ 你在这儿等着
I’ve got a .38 in my car. You wait there.
爷爷
Grandpa!
911 请问您有什么紧急情况
911. What’s your emergency?
911吗 我需要医护人员
911? Yeah, I need the paramedics.
地址是棕榈圈2040号♥ 我爷爷…
It’s at 2040 Palm Circle. My grandpa…
先生 请问您有什么紧急情况
Sir, what’s your emergency?
爷爷
Grandpa.
你必须离开这里
You have to get away from here.
先生 能听见我说话吗
Sir, can you hear me?
快走 听我说
Please. Listen.
去岛上
Go to the island.
先生 医务人员已经出发了
Sir, paramedics are on their way.
找到埃莫森
Find Emerson.
那张明信片
The postcard.
去时光圈
Go to the loop.
1943年9月3号♥
September 3rd, 1943.
没事的
It’s okay.
不要动 救护车马上就来了
Just don’t move. There’s an ambulance coming.
我知道你觉得我疯了
I know you think I’m crazy.
但那只鸟会向你解释清楚一切的
But the bird will explain everything.
你愿意去吗 泰利斯库 向我保证
Will you do this, Tygrysku? Promise me?
我保证
I promise, yes.
我以为我能保护你
I thought I could protect you.
几年前我就该告诉你
I should have told you years ago.
爷爷 告诉我什么
Grandpa. Tell me what?
爷爷
Grandpa!
谢莉 小心身后
Shelley, behind you!
那里根本没人
There was no one there.
容我说一句 杰克
May I say, Jake…
考虑到案发只过了一个月
that considering this was only a month ago…
你现在的状态已经非常好了
I think you’re doing exceptionally well.
虽然我是个疯子
Apart from being crazy?
做噩梦和感到焦虑并不代表你是个疯子
Having nightmares and anxiety doesn’t make you crazy.
那总是看到本不存在的事物呢
What about seeing things which aren’t there?
其实 遭遇精神创伤后
Actually, in traumatic situations,
很容易出现这种情况
it’s not at all uncommon.
你的潜意识会将电影中的画面或是…
Your subconscious mind drew an image from a movie or…
是故事
It was a story.
我小时候爷爷给我讲了很多故事
My grandpa told me stories when I was a kid…
关于他在战争中对抗过的那些怪物
about monsters that he fought in the war.
就是这样
So there you go.
他惨遭歹徒袭击
He was brutally attacked…
在你的脑海中 凶手毫无人性 是个怪物
and in your head, the man who did it was inhuman, a monster.
可他不是被人杀害的
It wasn’t a man, though.
警♥察♥说是狗
The cops said that dogs
划破了纱门
scratched up the screen door…
他追它们追到了树林里
and he chased them off into the woods.
验尸官说他当时是心脏病突发
And the coroner said he had a heart attack.
警♥察♥说…
And the cops said…
狗吃了他的眼睛
that dogs go for the soft parts.
他们对那把叉子做了检测
They DNA tested the fork…
上面有动物DNA
and it had animal DNA.
案子就这么结了
So, that’s case closed.
他似乎是一位很优秀的绅士
He sounds like an extraordinary gentleman.
你和他亲近吗
Were you very close?
波多黎各
Puerto Rico.
这里
Here.
这里有一片湖 会在黑夜中发光
There’s a lake where the water glows in the dark.
还有一个秘密隧♥道♥
And a secret tunnel.
我就是在那里躲避怪物的
That’s where I hid from the monsters.
他以前经常照看我
He used to babysit me a lot.
和爷爷在一起时 我会觉得自己很特别
When I was with him, I felt special.
我的鸭肉火候又过了
My duck was dry again.
亚伯 都11点了 他怎么还没睡
Abe. It’s, like, 11:00. What is he doing up?
我要做一个探险家
I’m gonna be an explorer.
爷爷在帮我计划我的首次出航
Grandpa’s helping me plan my first voyage.
孩子 世界上的一切已经都被探索出来了
Everything’s already been discovered, buddy.
它们威胁彼此
They terrorize each other…
然后肆意破坏了岛屿其他部分
before wreaking havoc on the rest of the island.
别听你♥爸♥的
Pay no attention to your father.
他啥都不懂
He knows bubkes.
来吧 泰利斯库 该去睡觉了
Come, Tygrysku. Off to bed.
它们从不挑食
And they’re not choosy.
总是成群结队地撕碎食物
These talons come in squadrons.
触地得分 佛罗里达 太激动人心了
Touchdown, Florida! What a drive.
你能给我讲个故事吗
Can you tell me a story?
老规矩吗
The usual?
好 很久很久以前
Okay. Once upon a time…
有一个小男孩…
there was a little boy…
要带图片
With the pictures.
图片
Pictures.
很久很久以前
Once upon a time…
有一个叫亚伯的小男孩
there was a little boy called Abe.
就是你啊
That was you.
就是我
That was me.
他住在威尔士附近的一个小岛上
And he lived in a lovely children’s home
住在一个温馨的儿童之家里
on a little island near Wales…
那里的阳光每天都很灿烂
where the sun shone every day.
那里的女校长 佩格林小姐
The headmistress, Miss Peregrine…
非常聪明
was very clever.
她总是叼着烟斗
And she smoked a pipe.
她可以变成鸟
She could turn into a bird.