I know you’re all concerned about Grant’s condition.
我知道你们很关心葛伦的情况
So I’m happy to report…
很高兴告诉大家…
…Jerry’s gonna be fine.
葛伦没事了
He’ll be out of the hospital in two weeks.
他再过两星期就能出院
He says he’s expecting lots of gifts.
他说他要收到很多礼物
Okay, everybody.
好了,各位
So much for the good news.
好消息到此为止
We got another letter from the Citizen.
公民又寄恐吓信了
Arson, explosives, poison…
纵火、放炸♥药♥、下毒
…this guy never works the same way twice.
这家伙的手法每次都不同
The only thing we know for sure…
目前只确定一件事
…is, we get these letters full of incomprehensible riddles…
这几封信都写满了难解的谜题
…he strikes and suddenly the clues make sense.
等他下手之后才突然搞懂
This one is down in Intelligence.
这封信情报部门检查过了
Hopefully, we’ll get a lead before somebody gets killed.
希望能在出人命之前理出头绪
In the meantime…
现在…
…Matthews, get a team together.
麦修,召集专案小组
Sir, you want me to take point?
长官,你要我负责这件案子?
For five years you’ve wanted it.
你五年来一直想领队办案
Last night, you earned it.
昨晚你功劳不小
Pick your team.
去挑选组员
I want preliminaries by 3.
三点以前提出报告
That’s it.
解散
Sir…?
长官?
Sir…?
长官?
Sir…?
长官?
Who’s buying me lunch?
谁要请我吃午饭?
Sir, I would like to talk about what happened last night.
长官,我想谈谈昨晚的事
I didn’t exactly follow orders…
我知道我没完全服从命令
“Exactly” follow orders? There’s no such thing.
没完全服从命令?没这种事
You follow orders or you don’t.
只有服从命令或不服从命令
No arguments, sir. None whatsoever.
我一点也不是在争辩
Until the hearing, you’re out of the field.
两周后开调查庭 之前不准出勤
The hearing is totally warranted.
我早料到要开调查庭 正常程序
Wouldn’t I be better on the Citizen case?
但让我调查公民案 不是更好吗?
I have a background in profiling and decoding.
我很擅长心理分♥析♥和解码
I could contribute.
我可以有所贡献
Like you contributed last night?
像你昨晚那样贡献吗?
By putting yourself and five agents in jeopardy?
危及自己和五名探员的性命?
I’ll save the rest for the review board.
其他事就交给调查庭审理吧
You will bury yourself under a mountain of paperwork.
你就要埋首在文件堆里
Discussion is over.
讨论到此结束
Mike, give me a pint.
麦克,给我一盒
Rough day?
今天很倒霉?
The worst.
倒霉透了
Sure you want a whole one?
确定要一整盒?
Yeah. Hit me bigtime, baby.
对,整盒都给我
Hey, Einstein.
嗨,爱因斯坦
If you figure out that Citizen letter, let me know.
看懂公民的那封信再告诉我
Congratulations on the op.
恭喜你升官了
It’s a big shot.
这可是大好机会
Thanks.
谢谢
How are you doing? You okay?
你还好吧?
I’m good.
我很好
You’re starting early today.
今天这么早就开始大吃了
Yeah, I’m gonna get chip-faced.
对,我要吃个够
Want to join me?
要不要坐下聊?
I’d love to, but I have a pressing social engagement.
我很想,但有个重要的约会
Beth!
贝丝!
Brownie meeting.
和女童军约会
Mike, give me a beer and…
麦克,给我一瓶啤酒和…
Milk. Give her milk.
给她一杯牛奶
White wine spritzer.
白酒加苏打水
Are most of the people in here agents?
这里多半都是探员吗?
As a matter of fact, here’s an agent. Gracie Hart.
对,面前就有一位,桂丝哈特
Beth Carter.
贝丝卡特
Right back to you.
你好
Beth is an undergrad at Vassar…
贝丝是瓦沙艺术学院的学生
…doing a paper on law enforcement.
她正在写关于执法的报告
I’m helping her get an inside look.
我要帮她“探查内部”
I bet she’ll do the same for you.
想必她也会帮你
Gracie, I would love to get a woman’s point of view.
桂丝,我想听女人的意见
No,No…You’re barking up the wrong tree.
不,你找错人了
Right, Hart?
对吧,哈特?
Do all the women…
调查局的女性探员
…have to wear those really masculine shoes?
都要穿这么男性化的鞋子吗?
No. I get these made special…
不是,别人特别订做的
…by the guy that put the tattoo on my ass.
就是在我屁♥股♥上刺青的男人
We’ll leave you with Ben and Jerry.
我们不打扰你吃冰淇淋了
Catch you later.
回头见
Nice meeting you.
幸会
You too.
幸会
Hope you have a good time at the mall.
祝你们逛街愉快
Wohop is the place.
沃霍餐厅很不错
Wohop is good…
那家是不错
…but if you like variety, you go to La Chinita Linda.
但想换口味就要去墨西哥餐厅
Their rice and beans are slamming.
豆子饭好吃极了
I don’t want variety.
我不想换口味
I get pork fried rice every…
每次都吃烤肉饭
I figured it out!
我想出来了
I tried to create a content-based pattern similar to his previous letters.
我比对他几封信想找出模式
But this time, he used a signifier.
但这次他用了暗语
In this case, the word “miss” in the subsequent letters
几封信的字首和不断重覆的字
Will you let me finish?
先听我说完
It’s the Miss United States Pageant.
都暗示着美国小姐选美大会
Yeah. Intelligence thought so too.
对,情报部门也这么认为
What?
什么?
What do we got?
情况如何?
Miss United States from San Antonio Texas…
德州圣安东尼的美国小姐选美
…home of the Alamo.
阿♥拉♥摩大屠♥杀♥的发生地
I forgot the Alamo.
我忘了阿♥拉♥摩大屠♥杀♥
The pageant lasts three days.
选美会要举♥行♥三天
Preliminaries, conferences,the live telecast.
历经初选、记者会、电视转播
It’s a logistical nightmare.
现场转播是监视行动的噩梦
Not just a babe-fest.
不只是选美会
Jesus, we’ve only got 48 hours.
天哪,只剩四十八小时
Okay, gentlemen.
好吧,各位
Where do we start?
要先怎么做?
I got a cousin in Texas.
我在德州有个表弟
You might want to call the network and pageant people. Set up a meeting.
接洽电视台和选美会主办单位
Because you’ll probably need their cooperation.
未来可能需要他们配合
Yeah.Yeah, I can do that. Let’s do that.
对,我同意,就这么办
What about jurisdiction?
管辖权的问题呢?
The Citizen has been ours from the start.
公民一开始就锁定我们
That’s should be no problem.
管辖权应该没问题
You might want to call San Antonio.
先向圣安东尼分局打声招呼
Grease some wheels so they like us…
事先安排,避免越权之嫌
…when we need manpower and tech.
需要人力和技术支援时才方便
While I’m at it, let’s do that.
由我发号♥施令,就这么办吧
His target will be public…
目标可能是公开活动
…like one of these outdoor prelims or a TV broadcast.
比如户外初选或电视转播
Telecasters at the convention center.
在会议中心的电视转播
We’re gonna need surveillance on the interior perimeter.
我们要监视整个会议中心内部
We’ll need more. There’s a million places…
不仅如此,很多地方
…only these bikini-stuffers can go.
…只有候选人才进得去
Backstage areas, hotel rooms…
比如后台、饭店房♥间等等
We need to get somebody in there.
我们需要内应
Yeah! Now I’m thinking…
对,我想…
…undercover.
派人去卧底
Good idea, boss.
好主意