Almost thirty years after the coronation,
在加冕典礼近30年后
the eyes of the world are once more focused on London
世界再度聚焦伦敦
and the dream of a crown.
与冠冕之梦
Fifty of the most beautiful girls from across the globe
全球最美的50位佳丽
are arriving here tonight
于今晚来到会场
knowing that one of them will go home as miss world 1970.
他们当中有一人 将抱走1970年世界小姐头衔
North, south, east, west,
东 西 南 北
who’s the girl we love the best?
我们最爱哪一位
Whatever the outcome, one thing is certain…
无论结果如何 可以确定的是
One of these beauties is going to become
有一位佳丽将成为
the luckiest girl in the world.
举世最幸运的女孩
I think I’m supposed to be britannia.
我想我扮的是不列颠女性
I wonder if britannia’s a goddess.
她是女神吗
Or maybe she’s just a symbol, like the British bulldog.
说不定她只是一个符号♥ 就像英国斗牛犬
At least they didn’t dress me up as Churchill.
起码我没被打扮成邱吉尔
Maybe if I just have it over the eye,
我用帽子盖住一只眼睛好了
like Veronica lake.
学女星维若妮卡蕾克
Oh, why?
怎么了
I think it looks cute.
这样很可爱啊
Hear that?
你听到了吗
Someone always wants to rain on your parade.
就是有人爱扫兴
What are you meant to be?
你扮的是什么
A nutmeg Princess. Oh, I thought you were a tree.
豆蔻公主 我还以为是一棵树
Bob hope is coming!
鲍伯霍普来了
This way, Mr. hope. Can I just say what an honor it is
霍普先生 这边请 您到场真是
to have you with us? Hello, ladies. How are ya?
我们的荣幸 哈啰 佳丽们 大家好吗
Hi.

What is this, the waiting room?
这是什么 等候室
Mr. hope! How are ya, girls?
霍普先生 大家好吗
How are ya? pleasure.
大家好
Usa.yes.
美国小姐 对
Okay, everyone.
大家预备
Standing by to go live…
直播倒数
8 7
6 5
Good evening!
晚安
Or good morning, depending on which part of the planet you are tuning in from.
或者说早安 就看您在世界哪一方收看
And welcome to miss world 1970!
欢迎观赏1970年世界小姐选美大赛
That’s it, come here, honey. Come on.
好了 快点上场 去吧
This parade of international female perfection
国际完美女性的大阵仗
is even more of a male pulse-racer than ever before.
让男性更加血脉贲张
Astronauts can go to the moon and fetch back prime lumps of rock,
太空人能登陆月球带石头回来
but they won’t find anything to equal these treasures of good old earth.
却找不到地球上就有的宝藏
And there’s no need to look any further than here tonight
今晚 您不必舍近求远
for heavenly forms.
完美女神就在您眼前
Who, from this stunning lineup, will be named
究竟谁能打败众多佳丽 夺得
miss magnificent?
最美小姐头衔呢
It may not be rocket science,
这或许不是科学难题
but it’s certainly going to be a difficult decision for our judges…
但评审绝对难以定夺
And for all of you watching at home.
在家收看的观众想必也是
Holland! Japan! Japan… Japan…
荷兰小姐 日本小姐 别推了
Japan… where’s…
日本小姐 去哪了
Come on, Mexico! Arriba, arriba!
墨西哥小姐 快点
I think we know the audience’s favorite.
我想我们知道观众的喜好
Listen to that applause!
听听那如雷的掌声
Tonight, planet earth
快下去 今晚
has just one thing on its mind…
全世界只想着一件事
Girls, girls, girls, girls…
源源不绝的
Girls.
美女
Bloody yugoslavia.
该死的南斯拉夫小姐
Yugoslavia, please!
快点 南斯拉夫小姐
Please, darling, we haven’t got time for this.
拜托了 我们没有闲工夫
Come on. Come on, come on.
快点 快点
And as we were enjoying the national costume parade,
在我们欣赏民族服饰之际
the judges were busy making first ballot selection.
评审正忙着 第一回合名单
Their selection for the final fifteen.
选出15名晋级决赛的佳丽
Usa, Australia, ceylon, Ecuador… Please give a round of applause…
美国 澳洲 锡兰 厄瓜多
Ecuador!
厄瓜多小姐
Ecuador. Where’s Ecuador?
厄瓜多小姐 厄瓜多小姐去哪了
Try Malta!
去马尔他那间看看
We’ll be seeing the girls in evening gowns,
佳丽即将穿晚礼服登场
and then it’s a quick change into swimwear.
随后会换上泳装
So any ladies having to lock their husbands in the cellar
所以想在佳丽以泳装亮相前
before the bathing suits make an appearance,
把先生关到地下室的太太们
hold off just a little longer.
麻烦您耐心等待
We made it! Shh!
我们办到了 嘘
We started the evening with more than fifty girls
在比赛开始时 超过50名佳丽
hoping to become miss world,
立志当上世界小姐
we how have fifteen.
目前剩下15人
And, ladies and gentlemen,
各位先生女士
if your favorite isn’t among them, time to get a new favorite.
若您属意的佳丽不在其中 该选出新宠了
First, number one: Miss Africa south, Pearl janssen.
首先欢迎1号♥ 非洲南部小姐 蓓儿简森登场
This is your five-minute call, Mr. hope,
霍普先生 再5分钟上场
we’re about to go to swimwear.
准备进行泳装项目
My favorite destination.
我的最爱
Sandra is a Hazel-eyed blonde
珊卓是褐眼金发的
and works as a model.
模特儿
Her measurements are 36-22-36.
三围是36 22 36
Oh, good, an english speaker.
太好了 她会说英语
You do speak english, don’t you?
你会说英语 没错吧
I certainly hope so.
我希望如此
Well, I’m sure the audience will agree
观众一定都认同
you do it very charmingly.
你英文很好
Next, number 21, miss Grenada, Jennifer hosten.
下一位 欢迎21号♥格瑞那达小姐 珍妮佛霍斯顿
Miss Grenada is 22 and works as an air hostess.
格瑞那达小姐今年22岁 职业是空中小姐
She has brown eyes and black hair,
她是棕眼黑发
and her measurements are 34-25-36.
三围34 25 36
Well, I’m sure it’s a wonderful life being an air hostess,
空姐想必是很棒的职业
but do you have any other ambitions?
但你还有其他志向吗
Actually, I’ve always wanted
其实 我一直想
to work in broadcasting.
从事广播业
Sounds as if you’re after my job.
如果你想抢我饭碗
Perhaps you should be the one interviewing me.
或许该由你来采访我
I’d love to. On second thoughts,
我很乐意 不过呢
you look like the sort of person who might get my secrets out of me.
你看来像会掏出我秘密的人
So before I give away too much,
在我掏心掏肺之前
perhaps it’s time for you to join the others.
请你加入其他佳丽吧
Quite a girl, wouldn’t you say? Ladies and gentlemen,
这女生不错吧
our final fifteen contestants.
有请15名佳丽上台
Arriba! Arriba!
大家动作快
Feeding through…
一个一个走
That’s it, line up here so they can see you.
在这里排好让大家欣赏
I think we’re all here,
好 我想全数到齐了
and a lovely lineup it is, too.
这阵仗非常养眼
Well, as you all know, there are two sides to every question,
如大家所知 每个问题都有两面看法
and this is your chance to see both of them.
看透两面的机会来了
Girls, if you could please turn.
佳丽们 请转身
Wait till the girls are offstage.
等她们下台再行动
Lovely though that view is, please turn back.
画面真养眼 麻烦转回来
And now, ladies, if you don’t mind, it’s time to lead off.
现在有请各位佳丽下台
Now, we’ve seen a lot of hope
我们今晚在会场
in this auditorium here tonight,
满怀希望
and we’re about to see some more,
但精彩的还在后头
because while the judges select their final seven,
在评审选出最后7位佳丽前
here is the man you’ve all been waiting for.
我们要欢迎重量级嘉宾出场
Ladies and gentlemen, Mr. Bob hope!
各位先生女士 鲍伯霍普先生
Thank you.
感谢大家
Thank you so much, ladies and gentlemen, thank you.
谢谢各位
It is so nice to be here.
我很高兴能共襄盛举
I don’t know about you,
不知道大家怎么看
but I think I’ve had just about enough of these women libbers
但本人受够女性解放者了

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!