It’s the same in all of them.
风向一面倒
Which judges do we have so far?
我们目前有哪些评审
Oh… Joan Collins, Glen Campbell, the executive from the BBC…
琼柯林斯 BBC执行制♥作♥坎培尔
And oh, god, that folksy Danish singer.
跟丹麦民谣歌♥手
What’s her name? nina.
她叫什么 妮娜
You know, sometimes I think for Eric
有时 我觉得艾瑞克
it will be forever be the 1950s.
会永远活在1950年代
Well, I’m afraid we must either adapt…
我们不与时俱进
Or die.
就等着被淘汰
Right.
你说的没错
Anyone who thinks this isn’t a good idea?
有谁觉得这做法不妥吗
No.
没有
Anyone against?
有人反对吗
What about trying to find some other women’s groups from out of town?
要联合其他女权团体吗
Yes.
当然要
The more the merrier.yeah.
愈多愈好
Hazel twort from peckham rye.
我是佩克汉莱区的海瑟
We’d like to know which group released this communiqué to the press.
我们想知道这是谁发的新闻稿
Don”t think it came from us. Definitely wasn’t us.
这应该不是我们发的
Uh… Jo Robinson, Grosvenor Avenue.
我是葛罗范诺街的乔罗宾森
We, uh…
我们
Well, we thought we’d get the message out in advance.
认为抢攻版面
Put us on the map.
能引起注意
We agreed at the last meeting
我们在上次集♥会♥的协议
to make the action at miss world a surprise happening.
是突袭世界小姐选美大赛
You people from Grosvenor Avenue,
葛罗范诺街的人
you can’t go around making unilateral decisions.
不能随便自己做决定
We have a problem with compliance.
我们有顺从障碍
Well, now the BBC want a spokesman to represent our position on television.
这下BBC想找个发言人 上电视表达我们的立场
Peckham rye doesn’t have a spokesman.
佩克汉莱没有发言人
And we don’t engage with the media, so…
我们也不跟媒体交涉
Uh, well, Sally Alexander…
莎莉是
From the association of student leafleters, she’ll do it.
传♥单♥学生会的人 交给她
Now what the hell are you playing at?
这到底是哪招
What? You wrote it.
什么 那是你写的
You printed it.
那是你印的
Well, no one else is gonna do it.
没人愿意去啊
You’re the one who thinks the media matters.
是你觉得媒体有力量
That doesn’t mean that you can volunteer me to go on television.
但你不能随便替我报名上电视啊
Ah, don’t be so bloody spineless.
少没骨气了
It was your idea.
这是你的想法
Stand by it.
要就做到底
Well, I’m afraid after all these exciting pastimes,
经历过这些刺♥激♥的事
judging a beauty contest may seem rather tame.
当选美评审恐怕相形失色
You have to look at… Mrs. morley.
才不会 莫里女士
Forgive my interruption.
抱歉打断
Sir Eric gairy.
我是
The prime minister of Grenada.
格瑞那达的总理盖瑞爵士
Delighted to meet you, Mr. prime minister.
总理大人 幸会
Mm. Gentlemen.
各位先生
Please.
请坐
Since this is the first year my country has taken part in the competition,
由于这是本国首度参赛
I thought it rude not to introduce myself.
我不来打招呼就失礼了
Uh, I must confess to some curiosity,
但必须承认我有点好奇
seeing so charming a woman in the commonwealth club.
在国协俱乐部看到万绿丛中一点红
There’s no great mystery, I can assure you.
我们没有什么秘密
I have the very pleasant task of briefing our three new judges.
我有幸能向3位新评审报告
The ambassador of Indonesia,
印尼大使
his excellency, the high commissioner of Malawi,
马拉威高级专员阁下
and his royal highness, the maharaja of baroda.
与巴罗达公爵殿下
You prove your critics wrong, Mrs. morley.
莫里女士 你证明评论家错了
Miss world does move with the times.
世界小姐确实与时俱进
It does indeed.
没错
And just think, if you were also to appoint me as a judge,
想想看 如果也请我当评审
you’d have representatives from Asia, Africa, and the Caribbean.
亚洲 非洲与加勒比海都有代表了
What could be more progressive?
这是最进步的做法
Indeed.
说得好
Uh, this way, please.
这边请
Uh, take a seat here, please. Thanks.
麻烦这边请坐 谢谢
Uh, lord bly, Marjorie Jones, Sally Alexander.
布莱阁下 玛乔莉 莎莉亚历山大
I wonder, do you think you might be able to find
我想问你能帮我搞到两张
a couple of seats for miss world this year?
世界小姐的票吗
Of course. I took a liking to miss Sweden.
没问题 我特别中意瑞典小姐
Lord bly.
布莱阁下您好
Robin.
罗宾
Ladies. Looking rather lovely, if I may say.
两位小姐好 容我夸奖两位真漂亮
We’ll be going live in ten seconds.
倒数10秒直播
Well, my dear,
亲爱的
you’re certainly kicking up a stink about something.
你根本小题大作
I simply don’t understand the problem.
我不懂问题在哪里
Our objection isn’t to the women involved in miss world.
我们不是针对世界小姐参赛女性
So what exactly is your objection?
那么你们到底在针对谁
Our objection is not to the women.
我们不是针对女性
You’ve already said that. Answer the question.
你刚刚说过了 请就问题回答
Our objection is to the system which accords value
我们反对根据文化偏颇的价值观
solely on the basis of a culturally imposed physical standard.
而强加于人的体态标准
I don’t even understand what that means.
我有听没有懂
Maybe I’m just too pretty.
可能因为我太漂亮了
Beautiful girls have been admired since time immemorial.
美女自古以来就供人欣赏
Women are not objects. We are not ornaments.
女性不是物体 我们不是装饰品
We are not here for the pleasure of others.
我们存在不是为了取悦别人
Sally is every bit as pretty as her.
莎莉的长相绝对不输她
You’re saying that they should be outlawed.
你是说选美大赛应该停办
Well, what possible harm can there be in a pretty girl displaying her charms?
让美女展现魅力无伤大雅吧
A woman like Marjorie is not forced to take part in these competitions.
没人逼玛乔莉参加选美
She enters of her own free will.
她是自愿参赛
Exactly. I think you women’s libbers are just a bunch of killjoys
没错 你们这些女权分子真扫兴
who want to deny the public a bit of innocent fun.
想阻止大家来点娱乐
We are not attacking Marjorie or any other contestant.
我们抨击的不是这些参赛者
We are protesting because this competition symbolizes our exploitation.
我们抗♥议♥是因为这场比赛 象征对女性的剥削
Why should Marjorie have to earn her place in the world
玛乔莉为何要符合某种标准 才能在世界出头天
why should I? Why should any woman?
我为何要 女人为何要
You don’t. He doesn’t.
你不用 他也不用
Why should we?
为什么女人要
Has, uh, she got a point?
她说得有道理吗
Well, I don’t deny her sincerity,
她的发言确实诚恳
but to demand that miss world be banned?
但要求停办世界小姐太超过了
I mean, it’s overemotional, puritanical nonsense.
是道德的无稽之谈
The only other forum in which participants are weighed, measured,
只有一个平台 必须量体重
and publicly examined before being assigned their value…
量尺寸并示众 再赋予价值
Is a cattle market.
那就是牲口市场
A cattle market?
牲口市场
Well, that’s an unappealing analogy.
这比喻太糟了
And we’re off air. Oh, very good.
直播结束 很好
Thank you very much, everyone. That, uh, went very well.
谢谢大家 节目进行顺利
Thank you, Robin.
罗宾 谢谢
Lord bly and miss, uh… Jones.
布莱阁下 琼斯小姐 不客气
You did very well, young lady.
你做得很好
It was extremely clear. Very well spoken.
解释很清楚
I mean, I really enjoyed my time in the pageant.
我真的很享受选美比赛
I don’t really know what she’s talking about.
搞不懂她在说什么
I’m sure everyone did,
大家都很享受
and enjoyed watching it.
真让人
Baffling.
想不透
This rehearsal is your chance to get it right,
完美表现就靠这次彩排了
because if you fall flat on your face down this hole or that hole on the night,
要是你当晚跌个狗吃屎 或被哪个洞绊倒
the world and his wife will be watching.
全世界都会看到
Isn”t that right, clive? Uh, that is correct.
克莱夫 对不对 没错
Now, what I need you all to do now is to make a line all along here,
所有人过来排排站
all along the hall, from “a” to “z”
按字母顺序排好

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!