It was still a promise.
承诺就是承诺
Oh, my wife, because you are so good…
老婆 因为你知情达理
Oh, Bob, don’t.
鲍伯 少来这套
Please forgive me for the sins that I have committed.
请原谅我犯下的罪过
Oh, stop it, I said!
我叫你别说了
And by your good grace, I will not sin again.
你这么贤慧 我不会再犯
Everything locked down, sir.
大楼全面封锁
Lifts disabled, second and third floor sealed like fort Knox.
电梯停用 二楼 三楼严加戒备
Right. So we’ve had all kinds of fun and games in the past
好 我们以前处理过
with amorous romeos,
各种追求者
but this year our problem’s a bunch of antiestablishment mischief-makers.
但今年要面对的是反体制捣蛋鬼
So, chaperones, stick to your contestants like glue.
所以监护女伴们 千万跟紧佳丽
Anything untoward, Mrs. morley needs to know about it.
有状况立刻通报莫里太太
Any time, day or night.
随时提出 不分日夜
Bus coach arriving.
第一部巴士抵达
And you boys on security,
负责保全的男性
I’m not employing you to stand around looking like James Bond.
我不是请你们来学庞德耍酷
Eves and ears open the whole time, please.
请随时注意周遭状况
Is that understood? Yes, sir.
了解吗 了解
Is that understood? Yes, sir!
了解吗 了解
Philippines.
菲律宾小姐
Yugoslavia. Hi.
南斯拉夫小姐 嗨
Australia.
澳大利亚小姐
Ceylon.
锡兰小姐
Japan. Hello.
日本小姐
That looked like Hong Kong.
香港小姐
Grenada.
格瑞那达小姐
Next. Oh.
墨西哥小姐
Ecuador.
厄瓜多小姐
Portugal.
葡萄牙小姐
Jennifer hosten.
珍妮佛霍斯顿
Roger, we cannot have a situation where we have more contestants than chaperones.
罗杰 绝对不能出包
Do you think somebody could’ve gone to the toilet?
有人去洗手间吗
It’s possible. Well, could you check?
有可能 去看看好吗
I can do. Okay. Well, don’t go in there, but check.
好 别进去 用问的
Oh, my. What a reception.
天啊 好盛大
Which country are you from?
你代表哪个国家
Grenada.
格瑞那达
Oh, my.
天啊
Oh, my.
天啊
First time away from home?
你第一次离开家乡吗
First time away from home.
我第一次离开家乡
First time on a plane.
第一次坐飞机
First time being so cold.
第一次快被冷死了
I’m the first black south African to take part in miss world.
我是第一个参赛的南非黑人
I’m the first miss Grenada, too.
我是第一个格瑞那达小姐
It must be…
你一定
Very different.
很不习惯
Yes.

Very different.
非常不习惯
Africa south. I’m your chaperone. I’m going to be looking after you.
非洲南部小姐 我是负责照顾你的监护女伴
No need to look so worried. We’re going to take very good care of you.
别一脸担心 我会好好照顾你
Everyone has to have a chaperone.
每个佳丽都要配一个监护女伴
A chaperone? Why do I need a chaperone?
监护女伴 我♥干♥嘛要监护女伴
It’s a mecca requirement, miss Sweden, as stipulated by the contract you signed.
瑞典小姐 这是大会规定 你签署的合约有明订
Mrs. MacKenzie is trained to the highest standards.
麦肯兹女士受过专业训练
Come along now, miss Sweden.
瑞典小姐 来吧
Up to measurement. I can walk, thank you.
量三围啰 我会走路 谢谢
I”ll take you coat.
外套交给我
No sticking out. I’m not.
不要往外挺 我没有
Thirty-five.
35吋
Country? Um, South Africa.
国家 南非
Thirty-three.
33吋
Twenty-seven.
27吋
Country? Grenada.
国家 格瑞那达
Thirty-two.
32吋
Country? Sweden.
国家 瑞典
Thirty-three.
33吋
Twenty-six.
26吋
Thirty-two.
32吋
Just a statutory padding check, dear.
按规定检查胸垫
Next one, please.
麻烦下一位
Country? United Kingdom.
国家 英国
Thirty-two.
32吋
Thirty-five.
35吋
Twenty-six.
26吋
Thirty-one.
31吋
You know, maybe things are different in Sweden,
瑞典的国情可能不一样
but you should try starting out in nowhere, Illinois.
从伊利诺州这种乡下来的才会懂
I’m telling you, if I hadn’t of won a beauty pageant and kept on winning,
如果我不靠选美闯出名堂
my life would have amounted to Jack shit.
我的人生就是狗屁
The girl who wins this thing is gonna take home $6,000,
夺冠佳丽能获得6千美元
maybe even earn 30 more.
后续再赚个3万美元
Just accept that the female of the species…
接受女人的命运
Country? Grenada.
国家 格瑞那达
And the smart girl just has to work at how to wiggle around ’em.
够聪明就能夹缝中求生存
If being smart is all it takes,
如果只是靠聪明
then how come no black girl has ever won this competition?
那为何黑人都赢不了
Maybe sometimes wiggling isn’t enough.
只会钻夹缝才不够
I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to imply that you couldn’t win.
抱歉 我不是暗示你赢不了
Nice big smiles.
露齿
Teeth.
灿笑
Nice tight bottoms.
臀部夹紧
So, ladies, a, uh, a big, uh, mecca welcome to you all.
佳丽们 选美大赛欢迎大家
We’re delighted to have you with us.
很高兴有你们加入
And remember, you’re the most beautiful girls in the world.
记住 你们是绝世美女
All right? teeth.
好吗 露齿笑
Bring ’em in.
请记者进来
Hello, London!
伦敦的朋友好
Miss Sweden! Miss Sweden! Show us your legs!
瑞典小姐 露个腿吧
Miss Sweden! Come on, show us those blue eyes!
瑞典小姐 让我们欣赏你的碧眼
This way. So, we’re up over here.
眨眼放电 这边
Are you nervous or excited about being the bookies’ favorite?
大家都押你赢 你会紧张吗
Nervous??
我紧张
Not particularly.
不会啊
Miss uk!
英国小姐
Hello.
天啊 哈啰
Yes, thank you.
来个飞吻 好 谢谢
Here we are.
各位 让一让
How about an arm around each other, girls?
让他们搭肩合照如何
So which one are you, love?
所以你们代表哪个国家
Well, I’m miss South Africa and, uh, she’s miss…
我是南非小姐 她是
I think you’re miss South Africa and I’m miss Africa south, aren’t I?
你是南非小姐 我应该是非洲南部小姐
Uh, anti-apartheid spokesmen are saying South Africa
反种族隔离人士主张
should be banned from the competition.
南非应该禁赛
Where do you both stand on that?
两位的立场是什么
Back home, you wouldn’t be allowed in the same bus,
两位在国内不得搭同班公车
let alone the same competition. All right, gentlemen.
更别说共同参赛了
That’s quite enough. You know the rules. Let’s leave politics to the politicians.
够了 你清楚规定 把政♥治♥议题留给政客吧
It’s a perfectly… Thank you.
这很 谢谢
For Pete’s sake.
有事吗
Show us your legs, Julia.
茱莉雅 露个腿吧
She’s the organizing director, you disrespectful little toad.
她是统筹总监 你放尊重点
It was a perfectly val… Get him out!
很合理啊 把他请出去
It was a valid question!
这是合理提问
Come on. Come on.
走吧
“Anti-apartheid campaigners have described the decision
“反种族隔离者批评”
to include both a white and black south African contestant
“南非派黑白佳丽参赛的决定”
as a spineless attempt to whitewash a monstrous regime.”
“是替残暴♥政♥♥权♥洗白的懦弱行为”
That rag, it’s only fit for chips.
拿这烂报纸包薯片吧

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!