You know me, Evelyn. I’m not one for dancing.
伊芙琳 我不喜欢跳舞
Veteran comedian Bob hope
资深谐星鲍伯霍普
has been confirmed as the special guest at this year’s miss world competition.
确定担任 今年世界小姐选美赛的嘉宾
Oh, leave it there.
别转台
Last year, a hundred million people tuned in live
去年 选美大赛直播观众破亿
to watch miss Austria take the crown,
见证奥地利小姐摘下后冠
more viewers than saw either the moon landings
收视超越登陆月球
or the world cup final.
与世界杯决赛
Oh, isn’t she lovely?
她很美吧
Lovely long legs.
双腿好修长
I wish I’d had legs like that.
真希望我也有美♥腿♥
The miss world win has taken Eva rueber-staier all around the globe.
伊娃鲁伯斯泰尔夺冠后亲善全球
Like true royalty… I’m a miss world lady.
我是世界小姐
You look beautiful, darling.
你真美
Mom, don’t.
妈 别鼓励她
Oh, you and your sisters used to love playing miss world.
你跟姊姊以前很爱扮世界小姐啊
We also liked to eat our own snot.
我们还很爱吃鼻涕咧
The thrill of being the most beautiful girl…
能当选世界第一美女
I don’t want Abi watching that. It’s degrading and sexist.
不要让艾碧看这些 既低级又性别歧视
For goodness sake, what does that even mean?
老天 你到底在说什么
Right. I’m gonna put supper on.
好 我去弄晚餐了
Well, I think that’s sexist.
我认为这才是性别歧视
Making poor gareth cook dinner.
居然叫可怜的贾瑞去做饭
I wish you’d be careful, darling. Some of your attitudes, they’re very…
女儿 你要小心点 你的态度有时很
Emasculating.
挫人锐气
Look at you. Give us a twirl.
看看你 转一圈吧
Hello.
哈啰
“21st century schizoid man.”
〈21世纪精神分♥裂♥者〉
Not “court of the crimson king”?
不是〈深红血腥之王的宫殿〉
“Schizoid” every time, man. Every time.
〈21世纪精神分♥裂♥者〉才是王道
Have you bloody seen it? Topless model on page three.
有看到报纸的上空模特儿吗
We should go and burn their bloody offices down.
我们放火烧了他们的办公室
That would put women’s liberation on the map.
大家就会关注女性解放了
Well, I’ve got matches. Anyone got the bus fare to fleet street?
我有火柴 谁有公车钱
I’m serious. Isn’t arson a bit male, anyway?
我是认真的 男人才爱纵火
Everyone, this is…
各位 这是
What’s your name?
你叫什么
Sally.
莎莉
She’s a student.
她是学生
Hello. Hi.
哈啰 嗨
well, come in. Sorry.
进来吧 抱歉
Well, I’m just saying you can talk all you like,
我是说 如果光说不练
but unless we start taking direct action, nothing’s gonna change.
根本不能改变现况
You know, there’s a motion to demonstrate outside the miss world contest.
有人提议去世界小姐会场外抗♥议♥
Oh. Who proposed that?
是谁提议的
Hazel twort and jan Williams from the peckham rye women’s group.
佩克汉莱区的海瑟和珍
There’s a meeting about it next week at the women’s liberation workshop.
下周女权工作室要开会讨论
What is the point in wasting our time on a beauty pageant
谁要去选美大赛浪费时间
when there are serious injustices to worry about?
有更多不公不义需要我们关心
Uh, sexual objectification is serious.
性物化是很严重的事
Yeah, that competition is one big fat celebration of oppression.
对 选美大赛公开赞扬这种压♥迫♥
What really gets me is they sell it as family entertainment.
更火大的是 还被包装成阖家共赏
My daughter was watching a television report the other day and I…
我女儿前几天在看电视
You got a television?
你家有电视
Yes.
有啊
Haven’t you?
你没有吗
The media is a mouthpiece for the establishment, which…
媒体是体制的代言人
This commune doesn’t collude with on any level.
本公社绝不跟他们为伍
So, no, we don’t have a television.
所以 我们没有电视
But, um, if you won’t talk to the media,
可是拒绝上媒体的话
then how are you gonna get your message out?
要怎么宣扬你们的理念
Well, come on, then. Sara, come with me.
走吧 莎拉 跟我来
Where are we going?
我们要去哪
You’ll see.
等会就知道
Do you like them? They’re good, aren’t they?
你喜欢吗 很不错吧
Is this what you do?
这就是你们的工作
Oh, not for money, if that’s what you mean.
不是为了赚钱 跟你说明
How do you live, then?
那你们靠什么生活
I do some cleaning. Jo paints scenery.
我是清洁工 小乔画画
We share money like we share everything else.
我们共享钱跟物品
We keep it in a drawer in the kitchen.
我们把钱放在厨房♥抽屉里
Don’t Nick it, will ya?
你别偷走了
Jo went to art college. She’s very creative.
小乔念过艺术学校 是创作高手
I’ve seen some of her work.
我之前看过她的作品
I went to art college, too, actually.
其实 我也念过艺术学校
Come on, then. You write the message.
来吧 你负责写标语
We’ll make sure everyone sees it.
我们会让每个人都看见
(抗♥议♥世界小姐选美大赛)
(女性解放运动将于11月20日)
You’re an elusive man, Mr. morley.
莫里先生 你还真难找
Peter hain, anti-apartheid movement.
我是反种族隔离运动的彼得海恩
Never get involved in anything political, son.
小子 本人不牵扯政♥治♥
We’re a family entertainment show.
这是阖家共赏的节目
Well, taking only white candidates from a predominantly black country every year
每年在黑人多数国只选白人佳丽
is political, Mr. morley.
就是政♥治♥
In fact, I’d say it’s an unequivocal endorsement of a racist regime.
这摆明是为种族主义政♥权♥背书
Eighty percent of South Africa’s population are black or colored.
南非的黑人和有色人种占8成
And they have no rights. None.
他们毫无人♥权♥可言
Excuse me.
不好意思
They tell me 27 million people watch your show in the uk alone.
据我了解 选美大赛在英国有2千7百万人观看
Jesus, man, that’s an endorsement that packs quite a punch.
老天 这可是强力背书
So you get the south African cricket team banned
你们让南非板球队被禁赛
and now it’s my turn, is it?
现在轮到我了
Boycott the south African candidate or we picket the show.
不抵♥制♥南非佳丽 我们就纠察节目
Trust me, your sponsors won’t thank you for that kind of publicity.
你的赞助商不会喜欢负面宣传的
And what would you say if I was to tell you
不如今年
we’ve decided to take a white and a colored girl this year?
就让一白一黑参赛吧
You’re joking, aren’t you?
你在开玩笑吧
I thought that’d take the wind out of your sails.
这样你就没戏唱了
See him out, will ya?
请他出去
Well, you heard the man. This way.
你听到了 这边请
Get on the south African office.
打到南非办公室
Tell them to find a decent-looking black girl.
要他们找个好看的黑人女生
Get her on the same flight as the white girl, asap!
尽快跟白人佳丽一起飞过来
South African office, please.
麻烦接南非办公室
I think you’ll find I’m a man not much given to joking, Mr. hain.
海恩 这下你知道我说话算话
Eric, I need a word.
艾瑞克 有事跟你说
Some group calling themselves the women’s liberation movement.
有个支持女性解放运动的团体
Apparently they’re going to overthrow the patriarchy.
他们想打倒父权
Overthrow the what?
打倒什么
The patriarchy.
父权
Male establishment.
男性体制
Men like you, Eric.
就像你这种男人 艾瑞克
I’ve been getting calls from journalists. They want to know our response.
很多记者打来问我们看法
Bloody women’s liberation.
该死的女性解放
I told you, by the time I found out, she had already committed me to the show.
我说了 我知道的时候 她已经替我敲定节目了
It was too late to pull out.
现在喊卡来不及了
The naughty little intern twist your arm?
淘气小助理有逼你就范吗
Doll, I’m giving a show, that’s it. In, out, end of story.
小朵 我只是上节目而已 下台就结束了
That wasn’t how the story ended last time.
上次不是这么结束的
You wanna stay home? Is that what you’re saying?
你的意思是你不想去了
Oh, you’d like that, wouldn’t you?
那你就称心如意了
No. I wouldn’t. I…
才不会
Listen, I wouldn’t like that one bit.
我完全没有这种想法
Oh, come on. We can go to London, have some fun.
走吧 我们去伦敦玩一下
Lord, you’ve got a sweet tongue when you know you’re in the wrong.
你每次做错事 就会甜言蜜语
I don’t know what you want.
我不知道你到底要什么
An apology.
一个道歉
“Never again.” that’s what you said.
你承诺不再碰世界小姐比赛
“Miss world, never again.”
不再碰世界小姐比赛
Ten years ago.
都过10年了

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!