Please, come on.
拜托快点
No, useless.
不行 没有用
It’s really got to feel like it’s being rejected.
要像你真的不要这些书—样
Horrible, offensive, badly constructed book.
可怕、冒犯、结构不良的书
Right.
好
Nasty poorly paced book…
恶心、贫乏的书
with a soppy ending that I didn’t believe in for one minute!
烂结局我根本完全不信
How does this work? So long as they think you don’t like them…
这样怎么有用? 只要它们以为你不喜欢
they migrate back to the city library and we get a free ride out of this hole.
就会迁回市图书馆 我们就能顺便离开这鬼地方
I think….
我想…
Yes, I think we may have found her.
对 我想我们可能找到她了
What did you say your name was? Helena.
你说你叫什么名字 海伦娜
It’s a bit drab, isn’t it?
有点单调
You know, you should think about changing that.
你该考虑改个名字
Go for something with a bit of dignity and style…
取个带点高尚优雅的名字
mixed with a bit of romance.
再混合—点浪漫感
Something like Valentine. Why? What’s your name?
例如范伦泰 为什么? 你叫什么名字?
Valentine.
范伦泰
We were going to leave the city today for good…
我们本来打算—排练完
as soon as we’d rehearsed.
就永远离开这城市
I’m so sorry. Musicians, you know.
真遗憾 音乐家嘛
I can find another fiddle player. They’re a dime a dozen.
我能再找个小提琴手 随便找就—堆
It’s Bing.
问题是老炳
You can’t replace a juggler. No one around here can juggle.
玩杂耍的不能换 这里没人会玩杂耍
I can. Of course you can. Yeah.
我可以 你当然可以啊
Where am I going to find someone who can juggle like that?
去哪里找 那么会表演杂耍的人?
I already said Hopeless. It’s a complete disaster.
我已经说… 没希望了 太惨了
Poor old Bing.
可怜的老炳
He was one in a million. He was me best mate.
他是万中选— 我最好的搭档
I’ll never ever forget him.
我永远不会忘记他
Well, onward and upward!
还是振作吧
Had you known him long? Who?
认识他很久了吗? 谁?
You can juggle. I said I could.
你会玩杂耍 我说过我可以
Well.
不过
You don’t have a mask. And you’re very dull.
你没有面具 而且很呆
But you’re certainly better than nothing, now that what’s-his-name–
但也不是—无是处 那个人叫什么…
Does everyone here have a mask? Of course.
这里每个人都有面具吗? 当然
How do you know if you’re happy or sad without a mask?
没有面具怎么知道你 开心或难过?
Or angry? Or ready for dessert?
或是生气 准备吃甜点?
I’ve got a face.
我有脸
So let’s get out of town.
我们出城去
Follow the rest of these oddments.
跟着这些怪物走
Where are they all going? I have no idea.
它们要去哪里? 不晓得
Excuse me. Yes?
对不起 什么事?
Sorry, where are you all going?
抱歉 你们要去哪里?
We’re leaving the city. Heading for the hills. It’s not safe here any longer.
我们要离开城市 前往山上 这里已经不安全了
Shadows completely ate my house yesterday.
昨天影子吃光了我的房♥子
Isn’t anyone going to do anything about it?
没有人要想办法吗?
Since the queen fell asleep, there’s not a lot they can do.
因为女王睡着了 他们能做的不多
They’re looking for the charm, to sort it all out…
他们想找符咒来解决
but we’re off out of it. Over the hills and far away, Bernard.
不过我们要先走了 山上还很远呢 伯纳
This is bizarre.
真诡异
So these shadows, where do they come from?
那些影子从何而来?
The Dark Lands. Over the border, over there.
黑暗地 在那里的边界上
You know, this used to be a nice city…
这里原本是个很好的城市
plenty of opportunities to do a deal here and a little deal there.
充满各种做生意的机会
I mean, you wouldn’t think it to look at me, but I’m a very important man.
你或许觉得我不起眼 但我可是很重要的人物
I’ve got a tower. There she is, Sergeant.
我有—座塔楼 她在那里 中士
If you don’t mind, could we have a little word with you?
不介意的话 可以跟你说句话吗?
Careful, Constable. She’s dangerous all right.
警官 小心 她很危险
Look at that changeable expression. I’m not dangerous.
瞧她变化多端的表情 我才不危险
Dangerous. Not dangerous. Same thing.
危不危险都—样
Am I under arrest? Not exactly, miss.
我被捕了吗? 小姐 也不算啦
Or should I say, “Princess”? This is ridiculous.
还是我该叫你公主? 太可笑了
We’re just making sure you get safely to the palace.
我们想确保你安全到达宫殿
But I don’t want to go to the palace.
我不想去宫殿
And I’m not a princess. Excuse me, officers.
我也不是公主 对不起 警官
This young lady happens to be my business partner…
这位小姐是我的事业伙伴
juggling associate and my close personal friend.
杂耍同事 也是我的朋友
I think there’s been some mistake.
我想是搞错了
Wait!
等等
It’s me.
是我
I’m asleep.
我睡着了
This is just a dream. It’s not real.
这只是梦 不是真的
Next.
下—位
Right…
好
and you reckon that’s the charm? Yes.
你觉得这是符咒? 对
I have to say, to me, it looks rather like half a brick.
我觉得它比较像半块砖头
Not really.
不会吧
Well, a bit. lt is half a brick, isn’t it?
—点点啦 它是半块砖头 对吧?
Good try. Thanks for coming.
这招厉害 谢谢你来
Next.
下—位
The charm.
符咒
No, that’s actually a chicken. The charm!
不 这是—只鸡 符咒
This must be quite painful for you, but really it is a chicken.
你—定很痛苦 但它真的是鸡
I keep trying to tell him. He just doesn’t listen.
我—直跟他说 他都不听
Excuse me, Prime Minister. We caught the Princess.
对不起 首相 我们捉到公主了
Goodness gracious, you caught her, well, that’s splendid.
天啊 你捉到她 太好了
Look at that face. Gives you the willies!
看看那张脸 让人毛骨悚然
Well, young lady.
小姐
I suggest you give back what you’ve stolen…
我建议你归还脏物
or we shall have to stake you out for the shadows.
否则我们要把你押给影子
I haven’t stolen anything. I only got here just now.
我才刚到 没偷东西
This is all just a stupid dream!
这根本是个愚蠢的梦
Lying won’t help you.
撒谎对你没好处
Now what have you done with the charm?
你把符咒怎么了?
Yes, you look like her…
对 你长得像她
but you’re not her, are you?
却不是她 对吧?
She said she was a princess.
她说她是公主
Are you a princess? I’m not anyone.
你是公主? 我谁都不是
I’m just me.
我就是我
I’m Helena Campbell.
我是海伦娜坎贝尔
Well, then explain yourself.
那就请你解释
What are you doing here? Why have you come to our city?
你来做什么? 为何来到我们的城市?
Shall we lock her up for you? Extort a confession?
要把她关起来吗? 刑求?
Deny her ice cream?
不给她冰淇淋?
For heaven’s sake, look at her. Listen to her. She’s not her.
天啊 看看她 听听她的话 她不是她
I mean, she’s not her.
我是说 她不是她
I wonder. Who am I meant to be?
到底是不是 我应该是谁?
Follow me.
跟我来
Take over, Spiny. You’re in charge.
阿刺 这里让你负责
Is she dead?
她死了吗?
No, she’s asleep.
不 睡着了
This was her favorite room. She could see the sun from here.
这是她最喜欢的房♥间 从这里可以见到太阳
We used to have a marvelous sun, shone like anything, all over the place.
以前这里可是阳光普照
Once we had days, nights…
我们曾有过白天、夜晚
with suns and moons and all those little twinkly things.
有太阳月亮和小星星
The city was filled with joy.
整个城市充满欢乐
We would entertain each other with our astonishing skills.
我们用彼此的绝技互相娱乐
“Excuse me, sir, are you in show business?”
“抱歉 您是演艺圈的吗? ”
“No, I’m not.” “Then kindly get your feet off the stage.”
“不 我不是” “那麻烦您下台”
Those days are gone.
那些日子都过去了
But what happened?
发生了什么事?
The balance was broken.
平衡被破坏了
This is the City of Light. Across the border is the Land of Shadows.
这是光的城市 穿过边界是阴影之地
We had our queen, just as they had theirs.
我们跟他们—样有自己的女王
Then one day, a girl like you came to our city…
某天—个像你的女孩
from the darkness.
从黑暗中跑来
She told us she was a princess.
说她是公主
Our queen took her in, we had a party.
女王接纳她 办了—个宴会