They’ve put it away, love. I’m not to eat anything today.
他们收起来了 今天我什么都不吃
Why not? It’s just routine, you know.
为什么? 这是例行性的
How’s your aunt Nan?
南姑妈还好吗?
She’ll be down on Saturday.
她礼拜天会过来
You’re not being a bother, are you? She lost her teeth yesterday.
你没惹麻烦吧? 昨天她掉了牙齿
I said, “lf Mum was here, she’d find them. She’s amazing at finding things.”
我说”如果妈在 就会找出来 她很会找东西”
She said, “lf your mum can find them, she must be a miracle worker.”
她说”你妈如果找得到 那她肯定会创造奇迹”
They’ll be staring her in the face. They always are.
牙齿会盯着她的脸 —向如此
They were in the fridge.
它们在冰箱里
You’re a good girl.
你真乖
A good girl, love.
好乖的女孩
You know…
嗯…
Mum, I didn’t mean what I said.
妈 我说的话是无心的
“There was a little girl
有个小女孩
“She had a little curl Right in the middle of her forehead
额头中间有—些卷发
“When she was good, she was very, very good”
她乖的时候就非常乖
Helena.
海伦娜
Look, all I’m saying is that with a little time…
我的意思是只要—点时间
we can be back on the road. I think we’ll be better than ever.
我们可以恢复正常 而且会比以前更好
It’s been 10 days. That’s 15 shows we’ve missed.
已经十天了 我们少了十五场
Why must everything grind to a halt? Hi, Eric.
何必—切都得暂停? 艾瑞克
Hey, Helena. I can’t leave Joanne now.
海伦娜 我现在不能离开琼安
Can I get through, please. It’s for her we’re here.
请让我过去 我们来是为了她
It’s too late in the season for the rest of us.
我们其他人赶不上这—季了
If we knew that the circus…
如果当初知道马戏团…
was going to be back on the road in, let’s say a week…
会重新开始演出 例如—个星期前
we could find stuff to tide us over till then.
就可以找别的东西撑过去
We are going to Quebec me and my sisters. We are rats sinking the leaving ship.
我和姐妹要去魁北克 我们是泥菩萨过江
Dad, can I have a word, please? Stean, please.
爸 可以跟你说句话吗? 史迪 拜托
Oh, I’m sorry. Look. I’m coming, love.
对不起 我马上来 亲爱的
Just hold those thoughts.
等—下再谈
ls everything all right? You were meant to be at the hospital today.
—切都还好吗? 你今天应该在医院的
You told them about the bank manager? Yes, Dad.
你跟他们说银行经理的事? 对
They want you to phone Dr. Witherspoon.
他们要你打给魏医生
Now? Yes.
现在? 对
Maybe this’ll be a blessing for some of us.
或许这对我们某些人是恩赐
I know you always wanted off the road. Yeah, not like this.
我知道你—直想脱团 但不是以这种方式
It’s his dream.
这是他的梦想
Dreams only get you that far, darling. After that, you need cash.
梦想的能力有限 接下来需要现金
Your mother’s….
你妈…
They’re operating on her tonight.
今晚要动手术
Hey, bambino.
小姐
This is really good.
画得真不错
What’s it called? It’s just a drawing. It’s not called anything.
这叫什么? 随便画画 没什么名称
Okay.

Mum says you should have taken the circus on to Scotland.
妈说你应该带马戏团到苏格兰
She’s not the only one.
不光是她这么说
What do you think?
你觉得呢?
I don’t know, Dad.
我不知道
You know, everyone at the hospital knew Mum’s operation was tonight…
医院每个人都知道 妈今晚动手术
and nobody told me.
却没人告诉我
They didn’t want to worry you. Should I be worried?
他们不想让你担心 我应该担心吗?
No, she’s going to be okay.
不 她会没事的
Really, you said before she will be…
以前你说她会动手术
having the operation, and then she’ll be up and about again.
然后可以再起床走动
lt depends on what they find tonight. What do you mean, what they find?
那要看他们今晚发现什么 什么意思?
See? Now you are worried. That’s why–
你已经开始担心了 所以…
I wasn’t worried until you told me not to worry.
你叫我不要担心我才开始担心
Anyway, you’re worried. You only do that when you’re worried.
反正你已经在担心了 你担心时才会这样
I wanted to go and see her tomorrow. Can I still do that?
明天我想去看她 我还是可以去吧?
We’ll see.
再看看
I still haven’t said sorry.
我还没道歉
Not really sorry, not so she believes me.
不是真的道歉 她不相信我
I shouldn’t have shouted at her. It’s all my fault.
我不应该对她大吼 都是我的错
Hey, now don’t say that. It’s not your fault, don’t be silly.
别说这些 不是你的错 别傻了
It’s not anybody’s fault.
谁都没有错
These things happen.
这种事难免会发生
It’s just life.
人生就是这样
It’s just stupid.
我好蠢
It’s freezing.
冷死了
Come on. Let’s go back down.
走吧 我们下去
Come on, you’re going to catch your death.
走 你会感冒的
You need to wear Dad’s coat.
穿上爸的外套
What about that? It’s a treat.
怎么样? 不错吧
You look like a real artist. Come on.
你简直像个真正的画家
Penny for your thoughts, love. Nothing to think.
你在想什么? 没有
Good night, Nan. Good night, lovey.
姑妈 晚安 亲爱的 晚安
Well, good luck anyways. Sweet dreams.
祝你好运 祝你好梦
Dad?

I’m only going to take 10% off.
我只能打九折
I’m the manager.
我是经理
Okay. Fair enough.
好 很公平
Eric?
艾瑞克
Quiet, please!
请安静
We must have perfect silence while we rehearse.
排练时必须完全安静
Eric, is that you?
艾瑞克 是你吗?
Can we also not distract our accompanist, if we don’t mind?
也不要让伴奏者分心
Some of us are rehearsing here.
我们有人在排练
Eric, what are you doing here? Catch the last ball, and we stop.
艾瑞克 你在这里干嘛? 接住最后—球然后停止
And we turn and we bow…
转身鞠躬
and we say, “Can we have a brave volunteer,” blah, blah, blah….
然后征求勇敢的自愿者
Hey, you. You can be the brave volunteer. What?
嘿 你来当勇敢的自愿者 什么?
What’s your name? Helena.
叫什么名字? 海伦娜
What’s wrong with your face?
你的脸怎么了?
My face? Whatever.
我的脸? 随便啦
And it’s music maestro, please. I know lots of songs.
接着请下音乐 我知道很多歌♥
But they all sound a bit the same.
不过听起来都差不多
Okay, come on, we just need some creepy, dangerous kind of music. Go.
好 来点惊悚危险的音乐 开始
I know you or someone like you.
我认识你 或是像你的人
Come on, maestro, this is our big finish.
大音乐家 现在是精采结尾
No, don’t touch him.
不 别碰他
Come on quickly. Let me try.
快点 让我试试
What are you doing? Come on!
你在干什么? 快点
What was that thing?
那是什么东西?
One of the many things to avoid in life.
人生要避免的许多事物之—
Like, losing a comrade and a lifelong companion and a soul mate…
例如企图拯救小女孩时
while attempting to rescue little girls.
失去伙伴、人生伴侣 或心灵伴侣
What the hell have you got on your feet?
你脚上穿的是什么?
What? ls that some sort of sick joke?
什么? 这是什么变♥态♥的玩笑吗?
Treading on little rabbity-type animals with every step…
每—步都踩在兔子身上
that’s just nasty. They’re not real.
真恶心 它们不是真的
I’m sorry about your friends.
真为你朋友感到遗憾
I thought the violinist was Eric.
我以为小提琴手是艾瑞克
He’s a friend of mine.
他是我朋友
But it wasn’t.
但那东西不是
I don’t really know where I am.
我不太清楚身在何处
You’re in one of the other things to avoid in life.
你正在—个人生要避免的 其他情况当中
What, a junk room? No, trouble.
垃圾间吗? 不 麻烦
There!
那边
Don’t irritate it!
不要惹它
What is it? Just a sphinx.
那是什么? —只天蛾
Throw it a book. What?
丢书给它 什么?
Throw it a book, it likes books. Okay.
丢书给它 它喜欢书 好
Finders Keepers by Joe Grey…
谁先发现就是谁的 乔葛瑞着
A Short History of Future Fruit by Douglas Prawnhead.
未来水果简史 道格拉斯普隆海着
Anything, it’s not going to read it!
随便啦 它不会看的
Right. Not a disaster. Okay.
不会怎样
Think. Okay, grab a couple of really big books!
想—下 好 拿几本大本书
Okay.

Throw it on the floor. But why? I like books.
丢在地上 为什么? 我喜欢书耶

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!