就是她的…
It’s when her…
她的身体没办法消化食物
Her body can’t process food.
因为…
Since the…
肠子没有办法♥正♥常的运作
The intestines aren’t able to function properly,
她每次进食后食物就囤积在那里
what she eats and drinks tends to sit there.
但她现在没事了 对吗?
But she’ll be all right now, right?
她现在生病了 可是会痊愈的 对吗?
I mean, she’s sick, but she’ll get better, right?
没有治疗的方法 对吗?
There’s no cure, is there?
很遗憾的目前确实没有
I’m sorry to say that presently there isn’t.
那只能靠鼻胃管进食吗?
So, is she restricted to tubal feeding?
短期来说是如此
In the short term.
但最终她必需要安装胃造口管
Eventually she’ll need a gastrostomy tube,
但长♥期♥来说有时不见得会成功
which aren’t always successful in the long term.
我跟我的同事聊过 有个名叫山穆尔诺可的专科医师
I did talk with my colleagues, and there is a specialist, Samuel Nurko.
他是全国能动力功能方面的权威
He’s the country’s foremost motility expert.
来自墨西哥的儿科医师 目前在波士顿
He’s a pediatrician from Mexico who’s based out of Boston.
他可能可以帮得上忙
He might be able to help.
但我不想给你们任何假希望
I don’t want to give you false hope, you know?
全国各地都有人去找他看诊 所以…
But people do come from all over the world to see him, so…
抱歉
Excuse me.
我真的很抱歉
I’m very sorry.
谢谢
Thank you.
特拉吗窦、加巴喷丁、葡萄糖胺
Tramadol, gabapentin, glucosamine.
嗨 宝贝
Hi, baby.
你有水吗 安娜?
Do you have water, Anna?
给你
Here you go.
来看看今天的早餐吸收如何
Let’s see how breakfast was today.
好
Okay.
应该是不错 都好了
Well, must have been good. It’s all done.
功课作完了吗?
Did you get that assignment done?
看来好像很难 还可以吗? – 很好
It looked really hard. Was it okay? – Great.
不会
No.
在我看来很难
It looked really hard to me.
我说真的 – 准备好了吗?
I’ll tell you that. – Ready?
我功课作完了 – 对你来说一定很简单
I did my homework. – I bet it was easy for you.
宝贝
Baby.
妈妈
Mommy.
妈妈
Mommy.
快了 快了 – 好痛 妈妈
Almost, almost, almost. – It hurts, Mommy.
我知道 甜心 我知道
I know, honey. I know.
你做到了
You did it.
我们去换衣服吧
Okay, let me get you dressed.
好样的
Attagirl.
好女孩
That’s a girl.
来 宝贝
Here you go, baby.
好可爱
Cute.
每条都是这样 – 别担心 宝贝
They’re all like that. – Not to worry, baby.
我带你去买♥♥衣服
I’ll take you shopping.
但是今天…
But for today…
我们先试试这条好了
For now, let’s try these.
好吧
All right.
你觉得神为何不治愈我?
Why do you think God hasn’t healed me?
这世上我不知道答案的事情好多
There are so many things I don’t know.
但我知道神他爱你
But I know God loves you.
嘿 安娜
Hey, Anna.
嘿
Hey.
很抱歉你没能去水族馆
I’m sorry you had to miss the aquarium.
我也是
Yeah, me, too.
你要去哪?
Hey, where are you going?
不知道
I don’t know.
图书馆吧 – 那我陪你去
Library. – I’ll go with you.
真的吗?
Really?
当然 我最喜欢图书馆了
Of course. I love the library.
诺可医生办公室
Dr. Nurko’s office.
你好 我是克莉斯蒂比恩 从德州伯利森再次致电
Hi, there. This is Christy Beam calling from Burleson, Texas, again.
我只是想确认诺可医生有收到我的信
I just wanted to make sure that Dr. Nurko had received my letter.
比恩太太 你上次打来时 我就已经向你保证过
Mrs. Beam, as I assured you the last time you called,
我们尽力而为 但是诺可医生收到非常多的信件
we’re making every effort, but Dr. Nurko gets a lot of letters.
我相信确实如此
I’m sure he does,
但我觉得安娜个别的案例中 有些状况他可能会觉得…
but there are specifics to Anna’s condition that I think that he would find…
我不知道今天是否
I really don’t know if I’ll get a chance
有机会问他信的事
to ask him about the letter today.
好吧 那我明天再打
Okay, then I’ll call again tomorrow.
非常感谢你
Thank you so much.
再见
Bye now.
沃思堡医院
Fort Worth Hospital.
你好 请转柏基医生办公室
Hi, Dr. Burgi’s office, please.
我是柏基医生
This is Dr. Burgi.
柏基医生你好 我是克莉斯蒂比恩 我只是想要确认
Hi, Dr. Burgi, this is Christy Beam calling. I just wanted to make sure.
你与诺可医生谈过了吗?
Have you spoken to Dr. Nurko?
我想知道他为何还没有打给我
I just am wondering why I haven’t heard from him.
好几个礼拜了
It’s been weeks.
我知道
I know.
我已经打给他三次了
Well, I want you to know I’ve called him three times,
你们在候补名单上
and you’re on the waiting list.
我前几天查过了 还在候补单上
I just checked the other day. You’re still on it.
他通常都是病人不需要他时
You know, his schedule opens
才会有空
when people no longer need his care.
你是指被治愈的病人吗?
So, you mean when they’re cured?
不
No.
我不是那个意思
No, I don’t mean that.
所以我得等有人死
So, I have to wait for someone to die
并祈祷安娜别那么快死吗?
and just pray that Anna doesn’t go before then?
祢在吗?
Are you there?
听得到我说话吗?
Do you even hear me?
因为我听不到祢
‘Cause I don’t hear you.
嗨 爸爸
Hi, Daddy.
嘿 小鬼头
Hey, munchkins.
嘿 小宝贝
Hey, baby doll.
我有东西送你喔
I brought you a little somethin’
让你快乐些
to brighten your day.
他好可爱 – 可不是吗?
He’s so cute. – Ain’t he?
天啊 – 他是约克夏梗犬
My. – He’s a Yorkie terrier.
他叫拿破仑 – 好可爱
His name’s Napoleon. – He’s adorable.
他是法国狗
He’s French.
早安 – 可爱吗?对 对
Bonjour. – Ain’t he cute? Oui, oui, oui.
宝贝
Baby.
他的主人没有回来带他
His owners never came back for him.
好奇怪 – 天啊
It’s strange. – Oh, my gosh.
看他的脸! – 真的?
Look at his little face! – Really?
他看来是纯种的 应该是从繁殖者那买♥♥的
‘Cause he looks like a purebred, probably from a breeder.
看吧 妈妈?
See, Mom?
特急件
Express mail.
哈罗 – 他好可爱
Hello. – He’s so cute.
好可爱
So cute.
别总是逼我当坏人
Stop putting me in that position.
让她好过一点 不对吗?
Is there anything wrong with trying to make her feel better?
让她每天放学后
You know, giving her something to look forward to
有所期待
when she comes home from school
而不只是每天赖在沙发上
instead of laying on that couch day after day?
家里现在有五条狗
Well, now we have five dogs.
五条 没有存款
Five. Don’t have a savings account,
但狗倒有五条 – 有五十条我也不在乎
but we have five dogs. – I don’t care if we have 50 dogs.
我在乎
Well, I care.
还不是都我在照顾
I’m the one who has to look after ’em.
现在加重我的负担也太不合时宜了吧
Now’s probably not the time to be adding somethin’ to my plate.
我只是想让她开心点
I’m just trying to lift her spirit.
我就不想吗?
And I’m not?
我们需要解决之道 凯文 现在就需要
We need a solution, Kevin. We need it now.
对 我们会找到的
Yeah. And we’ll get it.