就算孩子们无法美梦成真
那不代表圣诞老人不存在
If every child can’t get his wish, that
doesn’t mean there’s no Santa Claus.
我就知道你会那么说
That’s what I thought you’d say.
你不明白吗?亲爱的
Don’t you see, dear?
有些孩子要他们用不到的东西
Some children wish for things
they couldn’t possibly use.
譬如真的火车头或B-29轰炸机
Like real locomotives or B-29s.
但这跟火车头
或B-29轰炸机不一样
But this isn’t like a locomotive or a B-29.
对一个小女孩来说
这是一份非常厚重的礼物
It’s awful big for a little girl.
你为什么要这样的房♥子?
What would you do with a house like this?
我可以跟妈妈住在里面
Live in it with my mother.
-但你们住在这么漂亮的公♥寓♥里
-我不觉得它漂亮
-But you’ve got this lovely apartment.
-I don’t think it’s lovely.
我要有一棵大树的后院
我可以坐在树下荡秋千
I want a back yard with a great big
tree to put a swing on and…
你办不到 对吧?
I guess you can’t get it, huh?
我没那么说
I didn’t say that.
这是份厚礼
Well, it’s a tall order
但我会尽力而为
but I’ll do my best.
我能留下这张图画吗?
May I keep this picture?
-谢谢你 晚安 苏珊
-晚安 克林格先生
-Thank you. Good night, Susan.
-Good night, Mr. Kringle.
你家真的很不错
Nice place you’ve got here.
我很幸运能住在这里
Was I lucky to get it!
你喜欢住在曼哈顿吗?
You like living in Manhattan?
这里还不错
It’s all right.
我希望以后能搬到长岛去
Someday, I’d like to get
a place on Long Island.
不必太大
曼赛特附近的小房♥子就行了
Not a big house. One of those junior
partner deals around Manhassett.
我知道有个地方你会喜欢
I know just the kind of place you mean.
那是殖民式的小屋子
One of those little colonial houses.
不然就是鳕鱼角的屋子
Either that or a Cape Cod.
我觉得你对沃克太太的看法是对的
I think you’re right about Mrs. Walker.
再努力一下她就会敞开心扉
A little more effort from you
and she might crawl out of that shell.
带她去吃晚餐或看戏
Take her out to dinner or the theater.
我试过了 但她老忙着上班
I’ve tried, but she’s always
busy with her job.
再努力一点
Well, try a little harder.
她们两个失去了灵魂
现在得靠我们来帮助她们
Those two are lost souls,
and it’s up to us to help them.
我负责小苏珊 你负责她妈妈
I’ll take care of Susie, and you, her mother.
-没问题
-准备好了吗?
-It’s a deal.
-Ready?
不 别关灯
我不喜欢被欺骗的感觉
No, you don’t.
I’m not gonna be cheated this way.
我一辈子都在想一件事
现在我要知道答案
All my life I’ve wondered something
and now I’ll find out.
我要知道答案 解开我的疑虑
I want the answer to a question
that’s puzzled the world.
圣诞老人睡觉时会将胡子
放在被子里面或外面?
Does Santa Claus sleep with
his whiskers outside or in?
我会将它们放在外面
冷空气让它们长得更快
Always sleep with them out.
Cold air makes them grow.
(广♥告♥部经理)
-没书了
-我去拿一些
-We’re running out of books.
-I’ll get some right away.
我需要更多沃纳梅克的目录
And I need some more Wanamakers.
(布鲁明戴尔百货)
(赫恩斯百货)
(金伯百货)
(斯特恩百货)
(麦克瑞利百货)
(梅西百货)
(为了客人方便 提供购物指南)
对 我知道你要什么
我们没有卖♥♥那个牌子
Yes, I know just what you want.
We don’t carry that brand
但我想金伯百货有 让我看看
but I think Gimbels does. Let me see.
对 找到了
我就知道我看过
Yes, here it is. I thought I noticed it before.
2块98分 看起来很划算
$2.98. Looks like an exceptional bargain.
-没错 谢谢你
-别客气
-Yes, it does. Thank you.
-Not at all. Not at all.
(梅西百货)
(金伯百货)
你们为什么没想到这个点子?
Why didn’t one of you think of this idea?
这是我听过最好心的策略
It’s the greatest goodwill policy
I ever heard of.
纽约市的客人开始认为
梅西百货是家好心的商店
Every shopper in New York City
thinks of Macy as a benevolent soul.
他们只在乎民众的福利
Thinking only of the welfare of the public.
那让金伯百货变成什么了?
只想赚钱的贪心鬼
And what does that make Gimbel?
A profiteering money-grubber.
一个巴掌拍不响
Two can play this game.
如果客人在这里买♥♥不到他们要的
请他们回梅西百货
If we haven’t got what the customer
wants, send him back to Macy’s.
费城 密尔瓦基跟匹兹堡的分店
也都得这么做
And do the same in our stores in
Philadelphia, Milwaukee and Pittsburgh.
马上去办
Get to work on it right away.
金伯百货的费城
匹兹堡及密尔瓦基分店都这么做?
So Gimbel’s doing it in Philadelphia,
Pittsburgh and Milwaukee, eh?
对 而且非常成功
Yes, and very successfully.
我们也能将服务扩及全国
通知各分店
Well, we can cover the country too.
Notify our stores
包括旧金山 亚特兰大 托利多
纽瓦克分店马上行动
in San Francisco, Atlanta, Toledo
and Newark to get going right away.
好的 梅西先生
All right, Mr. Macy.
-看这边 金伯先生
-别动 金伯先生
-Look this way, Mr. Gimbel.
-Hold it, Mr. Gimbel.
我们店里也要这么做
Now we’ll take some at my store.
等一下
我要送我们的朋友一样东西
Just a minute. I have something I’d
like to give our friend here.
这是我给你的谢礼
谢谢你所做的一切
This is a little something to show
my appreciation for all you’ve done.
谢谢你 梅西先生
Thank you, Mr. Macy.
你真的太好心了
That’s very kind of you.
我没想到你那么慷慨
I didn’t think you were that generous.
那是一大笔钱
你要拿它做什么?
That’s a bit of money.
What are you gonna do with it?
我有个朋友
I have a friend.
他是个医生 他一直对我很好
他需要一部X光机
A doctor. He’s been very kind to me.
He needs an x-ray machine.
我想那应该不够
我最好给你一些…
I don’t think that’s going to be enough.
I better give you some…
我会补足差额
I’ll make up the difference.
到这里购物可以打九折
Buy it here and get 10 percent discount.
我可以用成♥本♥价♥卖♥♥出
I can get it for cost.
-晚安 苏珊
-晚安 克丽欧
-Good night, Susan.
-Good night, Cleo.
要我唱晚安曲给你听吗?
Like me to sing you
a little good-night song?
如果你要的话
If you want to.
你妈妈不会唱晚安曲给你听吗?
Doesn’t your mother ever
sing to you at night?
她为什么要那么做?
Why should she?
不为什么
No reason.
我只是觉得那么做很棒
I just think it’s kind of nice that…
-你喜欢《市场》吗?
-好吧
-Do you like Market?
-All right.
To market, to market to buy a fat pig
Home again, home again, jiggety-jig
To market, to market, to buy a fat hog
Home again, home again, jiggety…
太棒了
Amazing!
你还有口香糖吗?
Do you happen to have a spare piece?
吹泡泡啦
Well, here goes.
-你好 阿尔弗雷德
-你好 克里斯
-Hello, Alfred.
-Hello, Kris.
吃完午餐后要不要下盘棋?
How about a game of checkers after lunch?
今天不行 克里斯 我不想下棋