Not today, Kris. I don’t feel like it.
怎么了?
What’s the matter?
没事
Nothing. Nothing.
一定有事 怎么了?
Something is wrong. What is it?
还记得我告诉过你
我喜欢扮演圣诞老人
Remember I told you how I like
to play Santa Claus at the Y
发礼物给小孩子吗?
and give out packages to the young kids?
我告诉索耶先生
他说那非常地糟糕
I was telling that to Mr. Sawyer, see?
And he says that’s very bad.
索耶?你是说…
Sawyer? You mean…
就是他
他是心理医生 对吧?
That’s the one.
He’s a psychologist, you know?
那真的很具争议性
他有说为什么那很糟糕吗?
Well, that’s a debatable point.
Why is it bad? Does he say?
当然有 他说打扮成圣诞老人
送礼物给别人的人
Sure. He says that guys who dress up
like Santa Claus and give presents
会那么做是因为
他们年轻时做了错事
do it because when they was young
they must have did something bad
他们有罪恶感
and they feel guilty.
所以他们想做好事弥补
So now they do something
good to make up for it, see?
他说那是罪恶感情结
It’s what he calls a “guilt complex.”
你几岁了?阿尔弗雷德
How old are you, Alfred?
17岁
Seventeen.
17岁
除了吃太多
你没什么好罪恶的
You haven’t had time to be guilty of
anything but overeating.
那没什么好笑的 克里斯
他说情况非常严重
It’s nothing to laugh about, Kris.
It’s pretty serious, he says.
那是胡说八道 别听他的
It’s rubbish. Don’t listen.
他知道自己在说什么
他念了很多书
He knows what he’s talking about.
He’s been studying for a long time.
他有说你的罪恶感情结
成因是什么吗?
What’s the basis of this guilt complex
you’re supposed to have? Does he say?
他还没有发现
Well, he ain’t found out yet.
或许是我心理有问题
It’s probably way down
inside of me someplace, see?
他说我小时候曾发生过意外
Something that happened to me
when I was a baby, he says.
这得花些时间 但他会找出答案的
It takes time, but he’ll do it.
你是说你还会去见他?
You mean you’re going to him again?
当然 每天吃完午餐
我都会去找他聊一聊
Sure. I go every day for
a little while after lunch.
他没有跟我要钱
He don’t soak me nothing.
他免费帮我看诊
因为我是个有趣的病例
He’s doing it for free
because I’m an interesting case.
对 他还觉得你哪里不对劲?
阿尔弗雷德
Yes. What else has he found
wrong with you, Alfred?
还有什么问题?
Anything else?
没有 除了我恨我爸爸
No. Oh, just that I hate my father.
我不知道 但他说我恨我爸
I didn’t know it, but he says I do.
他每天都会见你
And he sees you every day?
对 我只需要坐在椅子上
说出我想到的事
Yeah, I just sit in a chair and say
anything that comes into my head.
我想到一些事
我得告诉他才行
A few things have just come into
my head, and I’m going to say them.
你像这样冲进我的办公室
是什么意思?
What do you mean,
bursting into my office like this?
-你有心理医生的执照吗?
-那不关你的事
-Are you a licensed psychiatrist?
-None of your business.
我非常尊重心理学
I have respect for psychiatry
我不喜欢利用它的业余玩家
and great contempt for meddling
amateurs who practice it.
你没有权利分♥析♥阿尔弗雷德
You have no more right to analyze Alfred
就像牙医没资格开刀拿掉病人胆囊
than a dentist has to remove a gallbladder.
-你说什么?
-你的工作需要深思熟虑
-I beg your pardon!
-Your job is to give intelligence tests.
你自以为是心理医生
你该受到惩罚的
Passing yourself off as a psychologist.
You ought to be horsewhipped.
你对阿尔弗雷德那样的正常男孩
灌输他错误的观念
Taking a normal boy like Alfred,
and filling him with complexes…
我比你有资格分♥析♥别人
I’m better equipped to judge
that than you are.
就因为他对孩子好
他就是有罪恶感情结
Just because he’s kind to children,
he has a guilt complex?
你们有相同的幻觉
那是你无法了解的
Having the same delusion,
you can’t understand.
那孩子无法适应环境 我在帮他
The boy is maladjusted, and I help him.
无法适应环境?
你竟敢那么说
Maladjusted! You talk about maladjusted!
这家诊所的负责人自己有病
The patient is running the clinic.
我无法忍♥受…请你离开
I won’t stand… Leave immediately.
别再分♥析♥阿尔弗雷德
否则我会直接去找梅西先生
Either you stop analyzing Alfred,
or I go straight to Mr. Macy
告诉他你是个冒牌货
and tell him what a fraud you are.
快滚出去 否则我要轰你出去
Get out before I have you thrown out.
要对付你这种人只有一个办法
There’s only one way to handle
a man like you.
你不肯听道理 你没有心
You won’t listen to reason.
You’re heartless.
-你没有人性
-你到底要不要走?
-You have no humanity.
-Are you going to leave?
是的
Yes.
-克里斯
-索耶先生
-Kris?
-Mr. Sawyer!
索耶先生 你还好吧?
Mr. Sawyer, are you all right?
他额头肿了一个包 索耶先生
Look at that bump! Mr. Sawyer!
他昏过去了 快去拿湿毛巾
He’s unconscious. Get a wet towel.
-不 最好请医生来
-索耶先生
-No, better get a doctor.
-Mr. Sawyer?
你一定是对他做了什么
You must’ve done something to him.
我说过我们只是在说话
I tell you, we were merely talking.
当我提到圣诞老人只是他的幻觉
他变得很暴♥力♥
But when I mentioned Santa Claus,
his delusion, he became violent.
我说过他有暴♥力♥倾向
这证明了一切
I told you he had latent maniacal
tendencies. I think this proves it.
让皮尔斯医生再帮他做一次评估
Let Dr. Pierce examine him again.
皮尔斯医生?他什么都不懂?
他只是内科医生
Dr. Pierce? He doesn’t know.
He’s a general practitioner.
情况很严重
你们最好请个一流的心理医生
This is rather serious.
You better get a good psychiatrist.
但他做过很多次评估
每次都能够通过
But he’s taken dozens of those
examinations and passed them all.
看来他的状况很可能改变了
Well, in view of this, it’s possible
his condition has changed.
我想我们不该冒险
I don’t think we can take any chances.
我不觉得那有什么不对的
他通过评估就能继续工作
I can’t see the harm.
If he passes, he can return to work.
如果他没能通过
能知道真♥相♥是件好事
And if he doesn’t, it’s better we find out.
-我想是的
-马上帮他做评估
-I suppose.
-Examine him right away.
在他告诉…在梅西先生发现前
Before he tells Mr. M…
Before Mr. Macy finds out.
天啊 对 你去跟克林格先生解释
你是他的朋友
Oh, my, yes. You explain to
Mr. Kringle. You’re his friend.
我不能那么说 我非常喜欢他
I can’t do it! I’m very fond of him
这像是在说他发疯了
and this is like saying he’s insane.
这不算正常吧?
You don’t call this normal, do you?
对 但很多老头也都不正常
No, but there are other old people
who aren’t normal either.
这会让克里斯很伤心
我不想当坏人
This is going to hurt Kris deeply,
and I don’t want to be the one to do it!
我觉得那么做对他不公平
I don’t think that would be fair to him.
我会告诉他实话
我相信诚实是上策
I’ll tell him the truth.
I believe in being truthful.
如果你提到心理医生
那会是在攻击他的幻觉