有些时候,我只是被喂饱了…
You know, sometimes…
你也知道,有些时候…
I used to be more fun.
我以前也很有趣。
I used to be a lot more fun,I swear to you.
不瞒你说,我以前可比现在有趣多了。
I bet you were a fun dad to have five kids.
我想你一定是,一个有五个孩子的有趣爸爸。
No, no, I wasn’t.
不,不,我可不是。
Not even close.
甚至都谈不上亲近。
I was never there, I was gone all the time.
我从没去过那里,我一直都不在。
Absent. No leagues…
缺席家长会,不参加联谊会…
No barbies, no easy bake ovens.
没买♥♥过芭比娃娃,连烤箱都没用过。
I missed it all.
我失去了做父亲的所有快乐。
I had a great time with you tonight, Aileen.
我今晚和你在一起很开心,艾琳。
I…
我…
I didn’t just happen to get this job with you.
我不是碰巧得到这份工作的。
Uh huh.
嗯嗯。
There’s a company in Japan.
有家日本公♥司♥。
That’s been dumping their toxic waste into the sea for years.
多年来一直在向海里倾倒有毒废物。
The Chisso Corporation.
智索氮肥株式会社。
People are getting sick and die.
附近居民在生病和死亡。
The people need help.
人们需要帮助
There is a resistance on the ground.
在当地遭到了阻力。
But we need global attention.
我们需要得到全球的关注。
We need you
我们需要你来
at the shareholder’s meeting next week.
因为他们下周要举♥行♥的股东大会。
Well, I’m afraid that Japan has seen the last of me, kid.
可是,我恐怕日本已经不想再看到我了,孩子。
That was 25 years ago.
那已经是25年前了。
Listen…
听着…
If that’s why you’re here I’ll put you on the long list of people
如果你是为这事而来,那我就把你列入
that I’ve disappointed.
让我失望的长串名单中。
I’m terribly sorry,but I’ve got a few things to do.
我非常抱歉,但我有一些顾忌。
Defenestration and whatnot, you know.
诸如:被赶出去或者被置之不理,之类的。
Sorry, I did that all wrong and I’ve upset you.
抱歉,我做错了,让你不高兴了。
It wasn’t my intention..
那不是我的本意。
No, no, it was a lovely night.
不,不,今晚曾是个美好的夜晚。
It was?
曾是?
Yeah.
是的。
Here’s some information.
这里有一些材料。
Please have a look.
请看一下。
My number is on the envelope.
信封上有我的号♥码。
Take care, Aileen.
走好,艾琳。
LIFE
生活杂♥志♥
I love the suggestion for the center,it looks really… It looks ideal to me.
我喜欢这个中心版面的建议,它看起来真的…我觉得很理想。
– The center is very strong.- Yeah.
-放在中心版面就非常强烈。-是的。
– Robert?- Good…
-罗伯特? -好…
Robert, a huge crisis in Japan.
罗伯特,在日本发生了重大危机。
Mercury poisoning.Here’s your Pulitzer Prize.
汞中毒。这是你的普利策奖。
– Gene, what the hell? – People are dying, Robert.
-吉恩,搞什么? -人们在死亡,罗伯特。
Yeah, all day, every day.
是的,每天,每天都有人在死。
It doesn’t mean you get to fuck up my layout.
这不意味着,你能搅乱我的版面布置会。
Oh goddamnit! Am I interrupting your little layout?
噢!见鬼!难道是我打扰了你那可怜的版面布置会吗?
No, you guys just go on and make a room for your fucking Oil of Olay ads
不是,你的手下可以继续布置,但请把你那该死的玉兰油广♥告♥让位给
while innocent people drop like flies, huh Bob?
那些像苍蝇一样纷纷倒下的无辜的人,行吗?鲍勃。
You talking about Minamata?
你说的是“水俣”吗?
Yeah! See? She knows. She’s smart.
是啊!看到了吗?她知道。她很聪明。
Is there anybody else here who’s as smart as her?
这里还有谁跟她一样聪明吗?
A factory there has been contaminating the bay of some fishing village.
那里的一家工厂污染了一些渔村的海湾。
At first they called it “the strange disease”, then “dancing cat fever.”
起初人们称它为“怪病”,后来又称它为“猫舞蹈症”。
And now it’s simply called the Minamata disease.
现在它被称为“水俣病”。
It’s fucking monstrous.
这可是可怕的怪兽。
I’ve been following it in the Herald and the Times,
《纽约先驱报》和《时代周刊》已经跟踪报道了,
small stories, every couple of months.
每过几个月,都会有短篇报道。
But no one has really covered it.
但没有人真正报道过。
I mean it’s in the goddamn fish,
我是说,它就在那该死的鱼里,
and that’s all those poor people have to eat.
那些可怜的人只能吃鱼。
The Times has a Tokyo desk.
《纽♥约♥时♥报♥》有一个东京版面。
And we have deadlines literally in one hour.
我们还有一个小时就要截止发稿了。
So that sounds to me, Bob,like a… yeah,
对我来说,鲍勃,就像一个…是的,
time is of the essence.
时间就是关键。
And you know that the cover up
而你知道,掩盖报道
is gonna be as much of a story as the story itself.
与报道本身一样,都是有故事的。
I gotta go, come on.
我要走了,你们继续吧。
You expect me to send you?
你在等我送你吗?
– You’d be a real dumb-ass not to.- Gene, stop.
-你不那么做才蠢呢。 -吉恩,站住。
A moment, if you please.
请稍等片刻。
This is the story, Bob.
这就是故事,鲍勃。
– You know this is the story. – I’m not sending you.
-你知道这就是故事。-我不会派你去的
What? Why not?
什么?为什么不派我?
Gene, I’m gonna throw you out of the goddamn window.
吉恩,我要把你扔出窗外。
I wish you would have done that the last time I was here.
我希望,我上次来的时候,你也这么做。
Gene, listen closely.
吉恩,你给我听好了。
If I don’t send you…
如果我不派你去…
you can’t fuck me on this,you understand what I’m saying?
你不能在这件事上跟我捣乱,你明白我的意思吗?
– No.- Call me at home.
—不明白。—回你家给我打电♥话♥。
Don’t call me here.
别在这里给我打电♥话♥。
And you can’t disappear on me again.
你不能再从我身边消失了。
Bob…
鲍勃…
I would never disappoint you, again.
我不会再让你失望了。
Just try not to disappoint yourself.
也要努力别让你自己失望。
Kumamoto, Japan
熊本市,日本
Gene, let’s go.
吉恩,我们走。
I’m coming.
我来了。
Hello.
你好。
Take off your shoes.Take off your shoes.
请脱鞋。请脱鞋。
– Excuse me.- Thank you.
-打扰了。 -谢谢你们。
Listen! Children are asleep. So, let’s be quiet.
听着!孩子们都睡着了。我们都安静点儿。
You must be quiet,the children are sleeping.
你要小声点儿,孩子们都在睡觉。
Okay.
好的。
Thank you very much.
非常感谢你。
Thank you very much.
非常感谢你。
This is not much.
这是便餐。
Thank you very much.
非常感谢你。
– Please, have some food.- Thank you very much.
-请用餐。 -非常感谢你。
Honestly I don’t really have so much of an appetite right now.
说实话,我现在没什么胃口。
But it’s definitely coming back,this food is…
但胃口肯定又回来了,这些食物…
I’d like, I’m interested…What is… I’m interested in this.
我想,我对这个有兴趣…这是什么做的…我对这个很感兴趣。
Try this one.
尝尝这个。
Is it good?
好吃吧?
It is good, isn’t it?
这很好吃,是吧?
Is it good?
好吃吗?
– It is good.- It is good.
—不错。—不错。
It is good.
很好吃。
Well…
那么…
Actually…
实际上…
It is hard to talk about those things.
谈论这些事情很难。
It is not just about us.
这不仅仅是关于我们。
It’s not easy to speak about certain things.
谈论某些事情并不容易。
Akiko is our eldest.
亚纪子是我们的长女。
Akiko is our oldest.
亚纪子是我们的长女
They have tried to tell us…
他们试图告诉我们……
that what she has is cerebral palsy,
她得了脑瘫,
but we knew better.
但我们更清楚。
They tried to tell us it was cerebral palsy but we knew better.
他们试图告诉我们那是脑瘫,但我们更清楚。
She was born ill and she still is.
她生下来就有病,现在仍然是。
She was very sick and she remained sick.
她病得很重,而且一直病着。
She will never get better.
她永远不会好起来了。
And she will never get better.
她永远也不会好起来。
But then…
不过…
But our family bonds are strong.
但我们的家庭纽带很牢固。
We are a strong family.
我们就一个坚强的家庭。
Akiko is… our treasure.
亚纪子就是…我们的宝贝。
She is our treasure.