好吧 我觉得你只是个半调子
Well, I think you’re half smart.
我觉得你对你的女人是异性恋
I think you were straight with your frail,
对约翰·凯斯帕是同性恋
I think you were queer with Johnny Caspar…
我认为你早晚都会加入妇女联盟 而不是一枪爆了别人的头
and I think you’d sooner join a ladies’ league than gun a guy down.
之后我听见两个天才说 他们没有看到你动手
Then I hear from these two geniuses they never even saw this rub-out take place.
– 老板说让他去做 但并没有说 – 闭嘴
– Boss said to have him do it. He didn’t say nothing about… – Shut up!
你是不是剩下的牙太多了
Or maybe you still got too many teeth.
每个人都他妈的那么聪明
Everyone is so goddamn smart.
我们去米勒十字路口
Well, we’ll go out to Miller’s Crossing…
然后我们再看看到底谁聪明
and we’ll see who’s smart.
[意大利语]
你要明白 如果我们在那里没有看到尸体 那我们就在那儿留下一具新尸体
You understand if we don’t find a stiff out here, we leave a fresh one.
当你需要你朋友的时候 他们都在哪里呢
Where are your friends when you need ’em, huh?
利奥现在在哪儿
Where’s Leo now?
嘿 嘀嗒
Hey, Tic-Tac!
你有没有注意过 一旦一个家伙把工作服弄脏了
You ever notice how the snappy dialogue dries up…
一段愉快的对话就结束了
once a guy starts soiling his union suit?
好吧 这什么都没有
Okay. There’s nothing out here.
想想吧 聪明的家伙
Think about this… smart guy.
手帕时间到
It’s hanky time.
鸟已经光顾过他了
Birds have been at him.
天啊
Jesus Christ.
跟你说了是打一枪在头上 不是他的臭脸上
Told you to put one in his brain, not in his stinking face!
跟你说过了 戴恩 我们听到过两声枪声的
I told you, Dane. We heard two shots.
你好 强森
Hello, Drop.
最近如何
How are the Katzen jammers?
你好 汤姆 有什么事儿么
Hello, Tom. What’s the rumpus?
有人来拜访么
Had any visitors?
呃 没有
Uhh, no.
一个都没有么
Not ever, Drop?
最近没有
Not lately.
那你看到我一定很开心了
Then you must be happy to see me.
所以 呃
So, uh…
那你在伯尼·伯恩邦失踪之前有见过他么
you didn’t see Bernie Bernbaum before he was shown across.
呃 没有
Uh, no.
之后见过他
Seen him since?
最后一个问题 强森
One last question, Drop.
明天的比赛你压了很多钱
You got a lot of money on tomorrow’s fight.
你是帮朋友压的么
That your bet, or, uh… you placing it for a friend?
不 不 不 是我自己压的
No, no, no, it’s my bet.
– 我就是对明天的比赛很有感觉 – 很有感觉 是吧
– I just have a good feeling about that fight. – A good feeling, huh?
什么时候你还很有感觉了
When did a feeling return to your head?
脑袋大得连帽子都戴不上
You’ve outgrown that one.
一定是思考过多的原因
Must be all the thinking you been doing.
告诉伯尼 出了点事情 让他跟我联♥系♥一下
Tell Bernie something’s come up, he has to get in touch.
在我跟他说话之前 什么事儿都不会发生
There’ll be nothing stirring till I talk to him.
好了 里面还有谁活着 举着手走出来 你知道规矩
All right, anyone left in there, come on out grabbing air. You know the drill.
你好 汤姆 之前都藏在哪儿了
Hello, Tom. Where you been hiding?
到处乱跑呗 市长在里面么
Hither and yon. Is the mayor in?
– 他和凯斯帕先生在一起呢 – 我正找他呢
– He’s with Mr. Caspar. – That’s who I’m looking for.
– 说一声我来了 好么 – 好的 我通知一下
– Scare me up some gargle, will you? – Sure. I’ll announce you.
不用了 他们可喜欢我了呢
Don’t bother. I’m well-liked.
我不能这么做 我那样看起来简直是可笑 不可能的
I can’t do it, Johnny, I’ll look ridiculous. It simply isn’t done.
– 或许可以当助理啊 – 对于一个市长来说 你这话说的可是不怎么样
– Assistants, maybe. – For a mayor, you don’t hear so hot.
我说了 领导 评估室的领导
I said head. Head of the assessor’s office.
– 但我们已经有两个了 – 我会数数 共同领导
– But there are two of them. – I can count. Co-heads.
约翰 不用说 我们办公室会做权力之内的任何事
Johnny, needless to say, this office will do anything in its power…
来帮助你和你的兄弟们
to assist you and your cousins.
当然了 我们之前也帮过利奥 帮过无数次
We did it for Leo, of course, on countless occasions.
是的 让每个爱尔兰佬都能在你这找到工作
Damn right. Had every potato-eater from County Cork on the public tit.
但我们做事有我们的方法
But there’s a way we do things,
得看这个人的用途和录用的时间
hallowed by usage and consecrated by time.
– 利奥管事儿的时候 我们衡量一个人 – 利奥现在不管事儿
– When we put people on the pad when Leo was running things… – Leo ain’t running things!
我不关心那些个历史 现在是我管事儿
I ain’t interested in ancient history! I’m running things now!
我再感激不过了
Nobody can appreciate it more than I.
我可以给他们工作 我可以给他们很好的工作
I can give them jobs. I can give them good jobs.
我甚至可以给他们根本不用上班的工作
I can even give them jobs where they won’t have to perform any work,
不会英语也没有问题 但我不能
where their lack of English will be no impediment, but I can’t…
这是什么 傲慢么
What is this, the high hat?
汤姆 你能给他解释一下么 我可以让他们担任公职 但我不能
Tom, can you explain it to him? I can put them in public works, but I can’t…
不管凯斯帕告诉你什么 你都能做
You can do whatever the hell Caspar tells you.
利奥给你下命令的时候 我怎么不见你讨价还价
I don’t remember all this double talk when Leo gave you an order.
– 汤姆 天啊 – 别发牢骚了 告诉你什么就做什么
– Tom. Jesus! – Stop whimpering and do as you’re told.
– 首先 你先给我滚出去 – 约翰 这是我的办公室
– You can start by getting out of here. – Johnny, it’s my office.
滚出去 在我弄死你之前自己走出去
Get out of here! Take it on the heel and toe before I whack you one!
你们两个也滚出去
You two beat it.
– [意大利语] – 是的 滚 陪着你们的市长
– Yeah, go and keep the mayor company.
我之后再处理你们
I’ll take care of ya’s later.
– 管事儿可没那么容易
– Running things…it ain’t all gravy.
– 这交火是怎么回事儿 – 是正在袭击利奥的一家酒吧
– What’s the fireworks? – Knocking over one of Leo’s clubs.
王八蛋竟然还不倒台
Son of a bitch won’t go belly up.
抱歉 孩子 听说你今早被带去树林了
I’m sorry, kid. I heard about your little ride this morning.
是的 好吧 道歉没有任何用处
Yeah, well, sorry don’t fix things.
我们很可能就错过了伯尼的尸体 就像走夜路摔倒了那么简单 那我现在可能就死了
We could just as easily have missed Bernie’s corpse, and I’d be dead now.
我知道 我知道 但并不意味着戴恩有什么别的企图
I know, I know, but that don’t mean the Dane’s up to anything.
他听说伯尼还没死 总有这种说法
So he hears a rumor that Bernie ain’t dead. These stories pop up.
那些说伯尼还没死的 都是戴恩自己编的
Any stories about Bernie being alive the Dane’s made up himself.
你怎么知道 意义何在呢 他为什么这么做啊
You don’t know that. It don’t make sense. Why would he?
可能有一个很好的理由
There could be a damn good reason…
如果你又安排了一场比赛的话
if you got a fixed fight coming up.
– 你有么 – 可能吧
– Do you? – Maybe.
好吧 是的 明天晚上有个比赛 怎么了
Okay, yeah, sure. Tomorrow night. The fix is in. What of it?
– 戴恩知道么 – 是的.
– The Dane know about it? – Yeah.
那我明白了
Okay, I get it.
如果戴恩一直在泄露你比赛的消息的话
If the Dane’s been selling you out on these fights and means to again,
– 那他就得找个帮他背黑锅的 – 是的 我明白了
– he’s gonna have to have somebody else to point the finger at. – Yeah, I get it.
伯尼死了 就没什么人能帮他背黑锅了
With Bernie dead, there ain’t a hell of a lot of people he can point to.
所以 戴恩就把我卖♥♥了 假装还是伯尼在泄露消息
Yeah, the Dane sells me out, makes pretend Bernie’s still doing it.
真是漂亮
That’s real pretty.
伯尼泄露了消息 那就是你没有杀掉伯尼
Bernie leaked the fix, and you take the fall for not killing him.
但我不知道 艾迪为什么要背叛我 因为钱
But I don’t know. Why would Eddie cross me like that? Money?
好吧 人人都爱钱
Okay, everybody likes money,
但这不像他
but somehow it just don’t seem like him.
– 而且 我了解戴恩 – 没人能真正了解别人 不能的
– And I know the Dane. – Nobody knows anybody. Not that well.
钱对他来说没那么重要
Money don’t mean that much to him.
那他想要的就不只是钱
Then it’s not just the money he’s after.
– 他屁♥股♥上有刺儿 – 嗯
– He’s got a wart on his fanny. – Huh?
那根刺儿让他坐立不安
A wart on his fanny giving him the fidgets.
可能他已经厌倦坐在沙发上了
Maybe he’s sick of sitting on the couch.
可能你桌子后面的椅子看起来也不错
Maybe behind your desk don’t look like a bad place to move to.
孩子 你可真会说
Kid, you got a lip on you.
但你很诚实
But you’re honest.
诚实在这个行业是十分重要的
That’s something we can’t get enough of in this business.
我承认 我们上次谈过之后
I’ll admit since last we jawed…
我的胃就一直不舒服
my stomach’s been seizing up on me.
如果戴恩说我们应该背叛你
If the Dane’s saying we should double-cross you…
一旦背叛起来 就没个头儿
You double-cross once, where’s it all end?
真是个有趣的道德问题
An interesting ethical question.
我会找到戴恩 跟他谈谈 把事情弄清楚
I’ll find the Dane, talk to him, straighten things out.
– 是啊 跟他谈谈 聊一聊 – 我会处理此事的
– Sure, talk to him. Have a chat. – I’ll take care of it.
– 问他是不是在出♥卖♥♥♥你 我相信他会说他是清白的 – 我会处理的
– Ask him if he’s selling you out. I’m sure he’ll come clean. – I’ll take care of it.
– 你现在也弄不清楚 – 我说了我会处理的
– You’re swimming in it. – I said I’d take care of it!
约翰
Johnny.
我跟你是一起的
My chin’s hanging out right alongside yours.
如果你多上点儿心的话 我担心的就会少一些了
I’d worry a lot less if I thought you were worrying enough.
但我有在上心 孩子
But I am, kid.
天啊
Christ.
管事儿
Running things.
– 怎么 – 我收到了你的信息
– Yeah? I got your message.
哦 伯尼 我那天梦到你了
Oh, Bernie. I had a dream about you the other day.
– 是么 噩梦么 – 恰恰相反 美梦一个

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!