你不像那些畜生
You’re not like those animals back there.
这是错的 汤姆
It’s not right, Tom.
他们不能逼我们这样
They can’t make us do this.
这不对 他们不能让我们违背本性
It’s a wrong situation. They can’t make us different people than we are.
我们不是恶棍 我从来没杀过人
We’re not muscle. I never killed anybody.
我只是用一些消息来骗钱而已 仅此而已
I used a little information for a chisel, that’s all.
我天性如此 汤姆 我抑制不住
It’s my nature, Tom. I can’t help it.
有人给了我这样的机会 我就抓住它 不至于弄死我吧
Somebody hands me an angle, I play it. I don’t deserve to die for that.
你觉得我该死么
Do you think I do?
我就是个骗子 汤姆 我什么都不是
I’m just a grifter. Huh, Tom? I’m a nobody!
我跟你说 我从来都没有背叛过朋友
But I tell you what…I never crossed a friend.
我从来都没有杀过人 我从来没有背叛过朋友
I never killed anybody, I never crossed a friend.
我们不是那些禽兽
We’re not like those animals.
我们不是这样的
This is not us.
这是个梦
This is a dream!
是在梦里 汤米 我求你了
It’s a dream, Tommy! I’m praying to you!
我不能死
I can’t die.
我不能死
I can’t die…
就像是笼中困兽
out here in the woods like a dumb animal.
就像是笼中困兽
In the woods like a dumb animal!
像个 像个愚蠢的野兽
Like a…Like a dumb animal!
我不能 我不能死在树林里
I can’t…I can’t…I can’t die out here in the woods…
像个愚蠢的野兽
like a dumb animal.
我不能 死
I can’t… die!
我求求你了
I’m praying to you.
你摸摸自己的良心
Look in your heart.
真的求你了
I’m praying to you.
摸摸自己的良心 我求你了
Look in your heart. I’m praying to you.
摸摸自己的良心
Look in your heart.
我求你了
I’m praying to you!
摸摸自己的良心
Look in your heart!
求求你 摸摸自己的良心
I’m praying to you! Look in your heart.
我求你了
I’m praying to you!
摸摸你的良心 你的良心
Look in your heart! Look in your heart!
你不能杀了我
You can’t kill me.
摸摸自己的良心
Look in your heart.
– 汤米 – 闭嘴 你已经死了 你明白我什么意思么
– Tommy – Shut up. You’re dead. Get me?
我明白 我已经死了
I understand. I’m dead.
– 上帝保佑你 – 你给我闭嘴
– God bless you. -Shut up.
你必须消失 马上消失 你不能被人看见 谁都不能知道这事儿
You have to disappear for good. No one can see you. No one can know.
– 上帝保佑你 – 去一个没人知道你的地方
– God bless you. – Go somewhere no one knows you.
要是有人看见你了 你就死定了 你就不再是我的问题了
Anyone sees you, you really are dead. You’re not my problem anymore.
当然了 你已经做了你所能做的 谢谢你
Of course not. You’ve done your share. Thank you.
– 别担心 我明白的 – 闭嘴 闭嘴
– Don’t worry. I understand. -Shut up. Shut up.
– 谢谢你 – 闭嘴 在我改变主意之前 赶快离开这儿
– Thank you. – Shut up. Get out of here before I change my mind.
上帝保佑你
God bless you.
在他脑袋上打了一枪了么
Put one in his brain?
– 是的 – 好小子
– Yeah. Atta boy.
明科 我是汤姆·瑞根 你们去哪里了
Mink? Tom Reagan. Where you been?
要来看看么 艾迪一直在找你
Will you look? Eddie Dane’s been looking for you.
– 伯尼死了 – 我的天啊
– Bernie’s dead. – Jesus Christ!
别哭 听我说 凯斯帕知道是你泄露了比赛消息
Stop wailing and listen to me. Caspar knows you were in on selling out his fix.
– 是谁告诉他的 – 嘿
– Who the hell gave him that idea? – Heh!
– 我想是我 抱歉 我们在闲聊 一时说漏了嘴 – 你到底想干什么
– I guess I gave him that idea. Sorry. It just slipped out. – What are you trying to do?
闭嘴 听我说 你先避避风头 等凯斯帕消气了再出来
Shut up and let me talk. You lay low till Caspar cools off.
然后你告诉凯斯帕 是戴恩让你那么做的 戴恩不仅仅只是泄露了消息 我会让凯斯帕放过你
Then you gonna tell him that Dane put you up to it. Tell him the Dane was in on the sellout, and I’ll make Caspar go easy on you.
– 你把我拽进这个烂摊子里的 – 没错 是我弄你进来的
– You got me into this mess. – That’s right, I got you into this.
– 记住 明科 我是唯一一个能救你的 – 等一下 汤姆
– Just remember, Mink, I’m the only one who can get you out. – Wait a minute, Tom.
你好啊 泰瑞 投票动员呢
Hello, Terry. Getting out the vote?
帮利奥传个话 利奥说要是你够聪明的话 就别插手
A message from Leo. Leo says if you’re smart you’ll sit this one out,
他也不在乎你插不插手
not that he cares one way or the other.
利奥说你要是选错了立场 结果跟别人一样
Leo says if you’re on the wrong side you take your chances like anybody else.
利奥说不会给你任何特别优待 就这些
Leo says he gives no special favors, that’s all.
告诉利奥 他不是上帝
Tell Leo he’s not God on the throne.
他就是个廉价的政♥治♥官员 抹的护发素比脑细胞还多
He’s just a cheap political boss with more hair tonic than brains.
这也是利奥说的
Did Leo say that as well?
没有 这是我说的
No, I said that.
要是再背叛利奥 下次我还有更多话要说
Cross Leo, next time I’ll say plenty.
你要是对了 就是对了
When you’re right, you’re right.
但你不要说 ”我之前告诉过你“
But you never say, ”I told you so.“
那我是对在哪里了
So what am I right about?
好吧 我来告诉你
Well, I’ll tell you.
但首先 你得保证 不要说是我告诉你的
But first you gotta promise not to say I told you so.
我从不说那种话 也讨厌说这种话的人
I never say that, and I don’t like people who do.
明科和那个犹太臭小子合伙骗我
Mink was robbing me right along with the shmatte.
你那么肯定
What convinced you of that?
明科开溜了 我们找不到他了
Mink took a powder. We can’t find him.
戴恩给他找借口
The Dane, he’s making excuses for him.
但我个人认为 你是对的
But personally, I think you was right.
我觉得明科和伯尼是一伙儿的
I think that Mink and Bernie was in it together.
我觉得是明科听说了你毙了那个犹太仔 然后开溜了
I think Mink heard that you bumped the shmatte and lit out.
可恶的王八蛋
Lousy son of a bitch.
– 我之前就跟你说 – 什么
– I told you so. – What?
你这嘴可真厉害 没关系
You got a lip on you. That’s all right.
我不怎么喜欢 但不要紧
I don’t generally care for it, but that’s all right.
做掉那个犹太佬是对的
You was a good sport to bump the shmatte.
你怎么知道明科开溜了
How do you know Mink skipped?
– 因为戴恩找不到他了 – 是他说的
– Because the Dane can’t find him. – So he says.
– 什么意思 – 或许没什么
– Meaning what exactly? -Maybe nothing.
之前我都没有多想 因为一个快要死的人可能什么都会说
I didn’t give it much thought, ’cause a guy’ll say anything when his number is up.
但是 呃 就在我做掉伯尼之前
But, uh, just before I bumped Bernie,
他跟我发誓 是艾迪·戴恩和明科陷害他的
he swore to me that Eddie Dane and Mink were setting him up…
他们才是泄露你拳赛消息的人
that they were the ones who sold out your fix.
好吧 呃
Well, uh…
好吧 就像你说的 那家伙可能什么都能说
Well, like you say, uh, a guy’ll say anything.
那为什么艾迪·戴恩不在这
So why isn’t Eddie Dane here?
好吧 他不喜欢你 孩子
Well, he don’t care for you, kid.
或许告诉你才公平
Maybe it’s only fair to tell you.
那天你离开我们以后 他想让我背叛你
After you left us, he tried to sell me on a double-cross.
他跟我说 为什么不背叛你 一枪崩了你
He says to me, why don’t we double-cross you and give you the bump…
就在你把犹太佬做掉以后
after we get the shmatte.
但我觉得应该说话算话 我们两清了
Well, I figure a deal’s a deal. You’re square with me.
你做掉了犹太佬 我就此收手 这是个道德伦理问题
You bump the shmatte, I hold up my end. It’s a question of ethics.
把所有事都摊开来 这样大家就知道谁是朋友 谁是敌人
Everything above board so everybody knows who’s a friend, who’s an enemy.
戴恩不喜欢你 但他不会背叛我
So the Dane doesn’t like you, but he wouldn’t cross me.
我们都是老交情了
We go back.
当然了 一旦涉及到爱的时候 就有这么一张万能牌
Of course there’s always that wild card when, uh, love is involved.
我知道明科是艾迪·戴恩的人
I know Mink is Eddie Dane’s boy.
但我 我仍不那么认为
Still, I…I don’t make it that way.
– 那就没有什么可担心的了 – 是啊
– Then there’s nothing to worry about. – Yeah.
爸爸 爸爸 我从姐姐那得到了个奖品
Papa, Papa, I got a prize from the sister!
– 爸爸 爸爸 我从姐姐那得到了个奖品 – 好的 等一下
– Papa, Papa, I got a prize from the sister! – Yeah. Just a minute.
– 当然了 没有原因 – 爸爸, 爸爸, 我得到了个奖品
– Of course, then, there’s no reason – Papa, Papa, I got a price.
闭嘴 你跟这个人好好学学
Shut up! You take a page out of this guy’s book.
少说话 多思考
A little less you talk, a little more you think!
孩子 你得坚强点
Kids. You gotta be firm.
不管怎么样 也没有理由不去查证一下
Anyways, there’s no reason not to check things out.
如果明科在附近的话 我想找到他 他会告诉我们到底是怎么回事儿
If Mink is around, I want you to find him. He can tell us what’s what.
怎么了 有人打你了么
What’s the matter? Somebody hit you?
怎么了 我们不再是朋友了么
What’s the matter? Aren’t we friends anymore?
如果你找到他 我想和他单独谈谈
If you find him, I wanna talk to him alone.
那样才能得到直接情报 直接坦率的
That’s the way you get the straight dope…man to man.
只有我 明科 还有我的朋友罗斯科
Just me, Mink… and my friend Roscoe.
你明白我在说什么么
You understand what I’m saying?
并不复杂
It ain’t complicated.
你应该离开几天 事情变得越来越棘手了
You should leave town for a few days. Things are gonna heat up around here.
到帕里塞兹 我这边一完事就去找你
Go to the Palisades. I’ll join you soon as I’m done.
我找不到伯尼了 你找到他了么
I can’t find Bernie. Did you find him?
是的
Yeah.
他跟我们一起走么
Is he leaving?