但又无♥耻♥得如此骄傲
such a point of pride.
尽管一天你会为此付出代价
Though one day you’ll pay the price for it.
好吧 维娜 但是在那之前 让我们喝个烂醉如泥
Okay, Verna. But until then, let’s get stinko.
让我们先做点别的
Let’s do something else first.
是啊 让我们多做一些
Yeah. Let’s do plenty.
**噢 丹尼男孩**
-** Oh, Danny Boy**
**哨子 哨子在响**
-** The pipes, the pipes are calling**
**从这个峡谷到那个峡谷**
**From glen to glen**
**一直到山的那一头**
**And down the mountainside**
**夏日已经逝去**
** The summer’s gone**
**所有的墙都在蔓生**
**And all the walls are sprawling**
**是你 是你**
** ‘Tis you ‘Tis you**
**必须离开而我必须留守**
**Must go and I must bide**
**但是等你归来**
**But come ye back**
**当夏日再临草场**
**When summer’s in the meadow**
**或者当山谷**
**Or when the valley’s**
**被雪掩埋染白**
**Hushed and white with snow**
**我会在这**
** ‘Tis I’ll be here**
**在阳光中或者阴影里**
**In sunshine or in shadow**
**噢 丹尼男孩**
** Oh, Danny Boy**
**噢 丹尼男孩**
** Oh, Danny Boy**
**我如此爱你**
**I love you so**
**但等到你来**
**But when ye come**
**所有的花都谢了**
**And all the flowers are dying**
**如果我死了**
**If am dead**
**我很有可能死**
**As dead I well maybe**
**我会听到**
**And I shall hear**
**尽管你轻柔地走近我**
**Though soft ye tread around me**
**而我的坟墓**
**And all my grave**
**会变暖 变甜美**
**Will warmer, sweeter be**
**而你会**
**Then you will**
**弯下腰**
**Bend**
**告诉我你爱我**
**And tell me that you love me**
**而我也将安息**
**And I will sleep in peace**
**直到你来**
**Until you come**
**告诉我**
**To me**
– 谁赢了 – 我们 只是目前看来
– Who’s winning? – We are, for the nonce.
– 伤亡情况呢 – 昨晚 对方四个我们一个 戴纳·卡达西跟房♥子一起被烧成灰了
– What’s the “disposish”? – Last night, four to one. Dana Cudahy went up with the house.
– 敌人呢 – 一个被烧死
– And theirs? – One burned.
– 其他三个人呢 – 中弹而亡
– The other three? – Lead.
– 谁杀的 – 利奥
– Whose? – Leo’s.
这老头拿起机关枪来还是这么犀利
The old man’s still an artist with a Thompson.
是啊 就这么做
Yeah, do that.
那么 把他找出来啊 见鬼 去看看他是不是掉进厕所了
Well, find him, goddamn it! Go and see if he fell in the john
狗年养的 警♥察♥局局长不在
Son of a bitch. No chief.
– 还有谁能够坐镇警♥察♥局呢 – 找不到欧杜
– Who’s minding the goddamn store? -Can’t raise O’Doole?
找不到 市长也不见了
No, nor the mayor either.
– 这可不大妙 他们已经溜号♥了 – 他们不敢
– That’s not good. They’re running. – They wouldn’t dare.
我不知道 利奥 我警告过你不要砸凯斯帕的场.
I don’t know, Leo. I warned you not to hit Caspar’s club.
– 我还好好儿的在这儿呢 不是吗 – 凯斯帕这一出还是伤到你了
– I’m still here, ain’t I? -Caspar’s play hurt you anyway.
那个狗♥杂♥种♥简直是自掘坟墓
That sorry son of a bitch just slit his own throat.
听我说 利奥 昨晚的事儿弄得你容易受到攻击
Listen to me, Leo. Last night made you look vulnerable.
你并没有真的控制着这个城市的机关 你能控制它是因为人们认为你能
You don’t hold elected office in this town. You run it because people think you run it.
一旦他们不再这么想 你就无法继续控制它了
Once they stop thinking it, you stop running it.
天啊 汤姆 听起来好像我昨晚没被杀死是一件坏事
Jesus Tom. It sounds like a bad break for me I wasn’t killed!
我是说真的 利奥 你一定要开始认真地把凯斯帕当回事儿
I mean it, Leo. Start taking Caspar seriously.
我知道 我知道 以退为进 抛弃伯尼 那会解决我们所有的问题
I know, I know. Retreat to win, give up Bernie. That’ll solve all our problems.
已经不再是这样了 我向你保证
Won’t anymore, I’ll grant you that.
但是跟一个疯子针锋相对对你没有任何好处
But going toe-to-toe with a psychopath will get you nowhere.
一旦你露出败相 人们就有选择站队的权力
It’ll force people to choose sides just when you’re looking shaky.
– 我才不会败 – 那么市长在哪里
– The hell I do! – Then where’s the mayor?
为什么一个警♥察♥都没有
Why aren’t there any police here?
为什么昨晚没有一个警♥察♥护卫在你的住所
Why weren’t there any police at your place last night?
– 我并没有要他们派人 – 我要了
– I didn’t ask for any. – I did.
母鸡护小崽 嗯哼 怎么回事 汤米
Mother hen, huh? What’s the matter, Tommy?
– 你觉得我不能照顾好自己了 – 我认为你不能
– Don’t you think I can take care of myself? – I know you can’t.
我给你建议一个聪明的做法 利奥 你让一步 放弃伯尼
Here’s the smart play, Leo. You lay back, you give Bernie up,
你让凯斯帕认为自己得到了胜利的荣誉
you let Caspar think he’s made his point.
– 然后你伺机等待他露出破绽 – 拜托了 汤姆
– Then you wait for him to show a weakness. – Please, Tom.
如果你坚持护着伯尼 你就是把你的脖子伸到外面去
You’re sticking on Bernie. You’re sticking your neck out…
给一个能够夹断你脖子的人去
for a guy who’d chop you off at the heels if there was two bits in it.
汤姆
Tom,
事情不像 呃 你想象得那么简单明了
things aren’t as, uh, clear-cut as you make it.
伯尼他 呃 见鬼 你知道我跟维娜
Bernie’s… Well, hell, you know about me and Verna.
事情现在 唔
Things now are, uh…
不是我没有一个绅士应有的风度 但是
Not that I haven’t been a gentleman, but…
我计划向她求婚 汤姆
I plan to ask her to marry me, Tom.
我猜你认为这是一个极其愚笨的决定
I guess you think that’s a bonehead play.
– 你认为她希望你求婚 – 这我怎么可能知道
– You think she wants you to? – How the hell do I know?
我认为她希望 是啊 她当然希望
I think she does. Yeah, of course she does.
我知道你看法不同 但是 呃 我们只是 唔
I know you think different, but, well, we just, uh…
我们只是在这上面的看法不同
We just differ on that.
利奥 凯斯帕并没有杀掉罗格
Leo, Caspar didn’t kill Rug.
– 他当然杀了 – 不 就这一次 求你运用你的大脑好好想一想
– Course he did. – No. Think about it just this one time.
– 罗格当时在跟踪谁 – 嗯哼
– Who was Rug following? – Huh?
可能事情并不是那么险恶 一个陌生男子跟着她一路追踪到了暗巷
It needn’t have been that sinister. Strange man follows her down a dark alleyway.
– 我告诉过你她能很好地照顾自己 – 维娜不会害怕的
– I told you she can look after herself. – Verna wouldn’t panic,
不会只是因为有人跟踪她 就开枪打死那人
shoot someone just because he was following her.
啊 事情不会是这样的 而且如果真的那样的话 她一定会告诉我的
Nah, it wouldn’t have happened like that, and if it had she would have told me.
他们从他身上取出的子弹是22口径的 掌心雷 利奥 一把女人用的枪
They pulled a .22 slug out of him. A pop gun, Leo, a woman’s gun.
我知道你不喜欢她 汤姆
I know you don’t like her, Tom,
但我信任维娜 就像我信任你一样
but I trust Verna as much as I trust you.
好吧 利奥
Okay, Leo.
也许没有那么单纯
Maybe it wasn’t that innocent.
也许罗格知道什么 她不想他知道而且甚至不想你知道的事
Maybe Rug knew something she didn’t like him knowing and wouldn’t want you to know.
罗格当时在跟踪她 也许他知道她在哪儿睡的
Rug was following her. Maybe he knew where she was sleeping,
跟谁睡的
and who with.
也许也不一定如此
Maybes don’t make it so.
事实远胜于猜测
There’s more than maybes.
你以前信任过我 你从来没有因此而损失过什么 你这次也一定得相信我
You’ve trusted me before, you’ve never lost anything by it. Trust me on this.
– 这次的事情太不一般了 – 我要求的不多 我也不常要求什么
– This is too important. – I don’t ask much, and I don’t ask often.
相信我这一次吧
Trust me on this.
– 汤米 – 相信我这一次 要不你就见鬼去吧
– Tommy. – Trust me on this, or to hell with you.
你不是认真的吧
You don’t mean that.
她跟我在一起
She was with me…
在那个罗格跟踪她的晚上
the night Rug was following her,
在那个你来拜访过我的晚上
the night you dropped by.
噢
Oh.
好了 利奥 好了 我会把他扔出去
Okay, Leo. Okay. I’ll throw him out.
是的 就这么办
Yeah, do that.
这算是轻的了
It’s the kiss-off.
如果我再看到他 他的死期就到了
If I never see him again, it’ll be soon enough.
– 喂 – 哈喽 弗兰基
– Hello? – Hello, Frankie.
我是汤姆 做奴才的生涯还顺利吗
It’s Tom. How’s the flunky business?
我受过更重的伤 你的鼻子治好了么
I’ve had worse. Your ventilator mending?
告诉凯斯帕过去的都过去了
Tell Caspar it’s forgotten
我想见他一面
I’d like to see him.
啊 好吧 再通知我
Ah. All right, let me know.
不论你做了什么都见效了
It worked, whatever you did.
利奥说我们之间完了
Leo says we’re quits.
但你知道我并有对罗格做什么
But you know I didn’t have anything to do with Rug.
也许没有
Maybe not.
不论如何 这不是让他记恨你的原因
Anyway, that isn’t what soured him on you.
噢 你跟我的事儿 嗯哼
Oh, you and me, huh?
你总是绕个大圈子去获取你想要的东西 不是么 汤姆
You always take the long way around to get what you want, don’t you, Tom?
你本可以直接开口去争取
You could have just asked.
我想要什么
What did I want?
我
Me.
是么
Yeah?
是啊 是的
Yeah, yeah.