– 午饭你吃了什么? – 一个热狗.
– What you eat for lunch? – A hot dog.
– 就一个热狗? – 是加了芥末的热狗
-Just a hot dog? – A hot dog and mustard.
加了芥末的热狗
A hot dog and mustard.
热狗加芥末
A hot dog and mustard!
你听到了吗 戴恩 我的小孩聪明绝顶
You hear that, Dane? My kid is as smart as a whip.
连艾迪叔叔都觉得这很好笑
Even Uncle Eddie thinks that’s funny.
好吧
Okay.
继续. 哪只手里有硬币
Go ahead. Which hand is the penny in?
再选一次
Choose again.
好吧 来 拿走硬币 闪闪发亮的新硬币
Okay. Here you go. Take the penny. Shiny new penny.
把孩子带到车上等着 给他一枚硬币 伙计们
Take the kid, wait in the car. Give him a penny, boys!
– 我身上没有带硬币 老板. – 那就欠他一枚硬币
– I ain’t got a penny, boss. – That’s a penny you owe him.
哈喽 汤姆 最近怎么样 喜欢孩子么
Hello, Tom. What’s the rumpus? You like kids?
– 不 – 坐吧 来
– No. – Have a seat. Go ahead.
那么 你正在错过生命的很重要的部分
Well, you’re missing out on a complete life.
我知道 孩子嘛 很重要
I know, kids, big deal.
但我仍然要告诉你
Still, I’m telling you.
不管怎样 谢谢你能来
Anyways, thanks for coming by.
我刚刚写了这张支票给你的签单人拉扎尔
I just wrote this check out to your bookmaker Lazarre.
整整一千五百块 比你欠他的数目还要多
It’s for an even 1,500, which is more than I hear you owe him,
但我想你还是一直在赊账本上 有活钱可以用比较好 毕竟你是一个大起大落的人
but I figured you could always use some money on the cuff, a high roller such as yourself.
– 你怎么说 – 谢谢
– What do you say? – Thanks.
一直是个寡言少语的人 嗯哼
Always the yapper, huh?
其实 不必客气 你想知道为什么帮你摆平跟拉扎尔的债务么
Well, you’re welcome. You wanna know why I’m putting you square with Lazarre?
– 不是特别想知道 – 我希望大家都成为朋友
– Not particularly. – I want everybody to be friends.
我这么做 你和拉扎尔就是朋友
I do this, you’re friends with Lazarre,
他和你是朋友 你也就和我成为朋友
he’s friends with you, you’re friends with me.
而你唯一需要做给你朋友看的就是把伯尼·伯恩邦交给我
All you gotta do to show you’re a friend is give me Bernie Bernbaum.
你也知道这是正确的事 那个犹太佬等同于偷了我的钱
You know it’s the right thing anyway. The shmatte steals from me.
我不能让利奥给他饭碗
I can’t have Leo giving him a shiny new penny.
所以这个交易就是 我把伯尼交给你
So the deal is, I give you Bernie,
帮你安抚利奥 你就帮我解决拉扎尔的债务
smooth it over with Leo and you bail me out with Lazarre.
是啊 这样我们就都又是朋友了
Yeah. Then we’re all friends again.
你 我 利奥 戴恩
You, me, Leo, the Dane.
– 我们以后可以时不时一起喝茶 – 过来 艾迪
– We can maybe have tea sometime. – Come on, Eddie.
友谊是一种精神状态
Friends is a mental state.
– 那么你怎么说 小哥儿 – 我会考虑考虑的
– What do you say, kid? – I’ll think about it.
你会考虑考虑的
You’ll think about it.
你听到了么 戴恩 这个小哥是个思想家 这简直太赞了
You hear that, Dane? The kid’s a thinker. That’s terrific.
– 他要个枕头垫他的脑袋么 – 好吧 小哥儿 考虑考虑吧
– Does he want a pillow for his head? – Okay, kid. Think about it.
这是种精神状态 如果能够有助于你考虑的话
It’s a mental state. If it’ll help you think,
你应该知道如果你不照办的话
you should know that if you don’t do this thing,
你就没法完好无损地走出这里了
you’re not gonna be in any shape to walk out of here.
肉体上还是精神上
Would that be physically, or just a mental state?
这可不够友善啊 小哥儿 我给你开出了一个很好的条件
That ain’t friendly, kid. I make you a nice offer,
而你给了我盛气凌人的态度
you give me the high hat.
等一下
Hold it.
天啊 汤姆
Jesus, Tom.
恰好正是时候 嗯哼
Just in the nick of time, huh?
那么 还没造成伤害吧 除非你那朋友踢断了他的脚
Well, no harm done. Unless your friend broke his foot.
– 我在哪里 – 你在哪里 约翰·凯斯帕的欢乐大本营
– Where am I? – Where are you? Johnny Caspar’s pleasure dome.
跟你在十秒前离开我们的地方是一样的地方
Same as when you left us about ten seconds ago.
哈喽 汤姆 你怎么样
Hello, Tom. How are ya?
想不想在你的小玩伴身上来一记关节击
Care to scrape a knuckle on your playmate here?
– 不用了 但是谢谢了 安迪 – 那么 就等你改变主意了
– No. Thanks though, Andy. – Well, if you change your mind,
我们会审讯一段时间
we’ll be interrogating for a while.
– 刚刚那个到底是怎么回事 – 我们每周都要这么来一次
– What was that party about, anyway? – We do this every weekend.
天哪 你的人身上发生了什么事
Jesus, what is the matter with you people?
喔 他们说造成些损失 所以我们就按照吩咐造成些损失
Well, they said make it hurt, so we make it hurt.
来一口吗 欧杜
Drink, O’Doole?
我在执勤呢
I’m on duty.
致禁酒主义
To Volstead.
有罗格的消息了么
Any news about Rug?
据我所知 还是死得死死的
Still dead, far as I know.
– 从他身上取出子弹了吗 – 是啊22口径的
– Get a slug out of him? – Yeah, .22.
听着 汤姆 我只是这里的警♥察♥局局长
Listen, Tom, I’m just the chief around here,
所以如果碰巧不愿意说 那就不要费心告诉我了
so don’t bother telling me if you don’t happen to feel like it,
但是利奥到底在搞什么鬼啊
but what the hell is Leo doing?
好好劝劝他 汤姆 这可不对 为了一个犹太佬这么大题小做的
Make him listen to you, Tom. It ain’t right, all this fuss over one sheeny.
让凯斯帕得到伯尼 多一个少一个犹太人又有什么大不了的
Let Caspar have Bernie. What’s one Hebrew more or less?
我们为此可是在大把大把地花费粮票
We’re burnin’ our meal ticket here.
利奥他随心所欲 而你们奉命行事
Leo will do what suits him, and you’ll do what he tells you.
我听说 这座城市仍旧归利奥管辖
Last I heard, Leo was still running this town.
是啊 那么 如果他继续这样折腾也持续不了多久了
Yeah, well, he won’t be for long if this keeps up.
这对任何人都没有好处 你自己也这么说了
It’s no good for anyone. You said as much yourself.
第一 欧杜 我可以对利奥说我想说的话以及关于他的话
First off, O’Doole, I can say what I please to Leo and about him.
你不能
You can’t.
第二 如果利奥做了决定 开弓没有回头箭
Second, once Leo decides, that’s that.
如果你还不好好干 我可是知道很多警♥察♥
If that sticks going down, there are plenty of coppers I know…
愿意当警♥察♥局局长并且把事情办好
who wouldn’t mind being chief and could swallow it clean.
天啊 汤姆 我只是按照一个假设进行推测
Jesus, Tom, I was just speculating about a hypothesis.
我知道我什么都不知道
I know I don’t know nothing.
这只不过是一个 只是一个烂摊子 全部都是烂摊子
It’s just a–just a damn mess, is all.
哈喽 警官 我想报♥警♥ 有一个闯入者
Hello, Officer. I’d like to report an intruder…
在西路易斯街346号♥
at 346 West Lewis…
是谁在讲电♥话♥ 哈喽 夏德 我是汤姆·瑞根
Who’s this? Hello, Shad. Tom Reagan here.
– 要派人过去吗 – 不 我们今天不需要任何帮助
– You need the booze? – No, we won’t be needing any today.
– 虚惊一场 嗯哼 – 对 我母亲 她刚刚没认出我来
– False alarm, huh? – Yeah. My mother. She didn’t recognize me.
让马文尼跟我讲电♥话♥ 想我了吗
Let me talk to Mulveany. Miss me?
去死
Drop dead.
– 我是马文尼 – 肖恩
– Mulveany here. – Sean?
告诉欧杜今晚安排一辆车去利奥的住所
Tell O’Doole to get a car over to Leo’s tonight.
如果我们突袭了凯斯帕的地盘 我们就得做好让他突袭的准备
If we’re banging away at Caspar, we oughta be ready for him to bang back.
你要什么?
What do you want?
我恰好就在这附近 突然想犯个傻
I was in the neighborhood, feeling a bit daffy,
所以我想过来 喝杯开胃酒什么的
so I thought I’d drop in for an aperitif.
– 罗格·丹尼尔斯死了 – 老天 真是不幸
– Rug Daniels is dead. – Gee, that’s tough.
别装歇斯底里了
Don’t get hysterical.
我一整晚都受够了刺♥激♥ 还没听到一个见鬼的女人哭哭啼啼地同情我
I’ve had enough excitement for one night without a dame going all weepy on me.
– 我根本就不认识那个绅士 -罗格
– I barely knew the gentleman. -Rug?
一个诈骗艺术家 水平还不及一个江湖骗子
A bit of a shakedown artist, not above the occasional grift.
我打赌你会理解他 毕竟总的来说 是个不赖的家伙
Bet you’d understand that. All in all, not a bad guy,
如果容貌 智慧和个性都不算数的话
if looks, brains and personality don’t count.
– 你应该期待它们都不算数 – 是啊 那么
– You better hope they don’t. – Yeah, well…
我们都比不上你嘴里你哥哥那样的圣人
We’re none of us the saint I hear your brother is.
– 谁杀的他 – 利奥认为是凯斯帕做的
– Who killed him? – Leo thinks Caspar did.
– 但你知道真♥相♥ – 我现在知道了
– But you know better. – I do now.
你看 凯斯帕直到刚刚还试图贿赂我去化解他和利奥之间的争端
You see, Caspar just tried to buy me into fixing his tiff with Leo,
如果他在竭力挑起战争 这可不是他该做的
which he’d hardly do if he was waging war.
所以我认为是你杀的他 天使 你或者圣伯纳狗
So I figure you killed him, angel. You or St. Bernard.
为什么我或者我哥哥要杀罗格·丹尼尔斯或者其他任何人
Why would I or my brother kill Rug Daniels or anybody else?
罗格那会儿在跟踪你 他知道我俩之间的事
Rug was following you. He knew about you and me,
那会威胁到你跟利奥之间的小互动 不是么
and that wouldn’t help your play with Leo, would it?
你认为我会杀人
You think I murdered someone?
拜托 汤姆 你了解我的
Come on, Tom. You know me a little.
没有谁了解谁 了解到那样的程度
Nobody knows anybody. Not that well.
你了解 否则你就不会在这儿了
You know, or you wouldn’t be here.
完全不是 甜心 我来这儿是想听听你的说法的
Not at all, sugar. I came to hear your side of the story.
罗格是怎样对你的 他是怎么激怒你的 他是怎样勒索你的
How horrible Rug was, how he goaded you into it, how he tried to shake you down.
– 这也不是你为什么在这的原因 – 说说我为什么来
– That’s not why you came either. – Tell me why I came.
– 就是那个最古老的原因 – 这世上有的是比这更友善的地方喝酒
– The oldest reason there is. – There are friendlier places to drink.
– 你为什么不承认呢 – 承认什么
– Why can’t you admit it? – Admit what?
承认你不喜欢我跟利奥往来 因为你嫉妒
That you don’t like me seeing Leo ’cause you’re jealous.
承认你对我有意
Admit that you’ve got a heart,
即使你的情意渺小而薄弱
even though it may be small and feeble…
承认你几乎想不起来你上次对人用情的感觉了
and you can’t remember the last time you used it.
如果我知道我们会把情感转化为文字
If I’d known we were gonna cast our feelings into words,
我就去背下所罗门之歌♥了
I’d have memorized the Song of Solomon.
可能这就是为什么我喜欢你 汤姆
Maybe that’s why I like you, Tom.
我从没认识过任何人像你这么无♥耻♥
I never knew anybody that made being a son of a bitch…