– Thunderclap? – Yeah.
你离开的时候 赔率是多少
What’s she leaving at?
可能是三比一吧
Three to one, more than likely.
收手吧 汤姆 你不该再继续沉溺其中了
Lay off, Tom. You shouldn’t go deeper in the hole.
告诉拉扎尔
Tell Lazarre…
我押上五百块它第一个到终点
I want 500 on the nose.
没问题
You would have it.
我来取我的帽子
I want me hat.
你就是为此而来
Is that all you came for?
是啊 我来取我的帽子
Yeah. I want me hat.
你的帽子是我的了 我赢来的
It’s mine. I won it.
– 你要它有什么用 – 去死吧
– What are you gonna do with it? – Drop dead.
我想喝杯酒
I need a drink.
刚才怎么不早说呢
Why didn’t you say so?
哈喽 汤米 抱歉这么晚了打扰你
Hello, Tommy. Sorry about the hour.
– 没关系 有什么事么 – 我能进来么
– I’ll live. What’s the rumpus? -Can I come in?
当然
Sure.
– 来一杯么 – 好啊
– Drink? – I wouldn’t mind.
我之前有试着打电♥话♥来
I tried calling earlier.
我很晚才回家
I got home late.
– 那么 呃 真的很抱歉这么晚了还来打扰你 – 唔嗯
– Well, uh, I’m sorry about the hour. – Uh-huh.
– 还不赖 – 比咱们在酒吧里卖♥♥的好多了
– Not bad. – Better than the paint we sell at the club.
的确是 的确是
That it is. That it is.
– 你考虑好要摆脱伯尼了 – 我做不到啊 汤米
– You thought about cutting Bernie loose? – Can’t do it, Tommy.
我做不到
Can’t do it.
这也是我为什么 呃
That’s sort of why I’m, uh…
汤米 我不知道维娜在哪儿
Tommy, I don’t know where Verna is.
– 嗯哼 – 我知道你在想什么 这又不是第一次了
– Uh-huh. – I know what you’re thinking, what else is new?
但是就目前的形势 我很担忧
But the situation now…I’m worried.
维娜能照顾好自己 也许你都不如她
Verna can take care of herself, maybe better than you can.
– 你这话是什么意思 – 再来一杯么
– What does that mean? – Want another one?

No.
你刚刚那话到底什么意思
What does that mean?
她给你下了多深的套
How far she got her hooks into you?
这算什么鬼问题
That’s a hell of a question.
这是个骗局
It’s a grift.
如果她不需要你从约翰·凯斯帕手底下保护她哥哥
If she didn’t need you to protect her brother from Johnny Caspar,
你觉得她还会跟着你耐着性子慢慢玩么
you think she’d still be going on slow carriage rides with you through the park?
就是这么回事儿 不是么 你护着伯尼直到凯斯帕消气为止
That’s the deal, isn’t it? You keep Bernie under wraps till Caspar cools down?
天啊 你可真够尖酸刻薄的 她希望自己哥哥得到保护 有什么错么
Jesus, you’re a prickly pear. What’s wrong with her wanting her brother taken care of?
没什么 我不苛责她.
Nothing. I don’t blame her.
她找到了可以利用的人 也就是你 她就好好地利用了
She sees the angle, which is you, she plays it.
她是个诈骗犯 就像她的诈骗犯哥哥
She’s a grifter, just like her brother.
有可能她的父母和祖父母也都是诈骗犯
Probably had grifter parents and grifter grandparents…
然后某一天他们就会各自生出小诈骗犯来
and someday they’re each gonna spawn little grifter kids.
住口吧 汤米 我不喜欢我的朋友被黑 即使黑她的人是我的朋友
Stop it, Tommy. I don’t like to hear my friends run down, even by other friends.
– 这个可跟友谊没有任何关系 – 胡说八道
– Friendship’s got nothing to do with it. – The hell you say.
你应该竭尽全力去帮助你的朋友 就像你竭尽全力去攻击你的敌人
You’d do anything to help your friends, like you’d do anything to kick your enemies.
– 此言差矣 利奥 你做事要有个理由 – 好吧 汤姆
– Wrong, Leo. You do things for a reason. – Okay, Tom.
– 此言差异 利奥 你做事要有个理由 – 好吧 汤姆
– Wrong, Leo. You do things for a reason. – Okay, Tom.
你洞悉所有利害关系 老天 比任何人都清楚
You know all the angles, Christ, better than anybody.
但你这次可能是错的 你不了解维娜的内心
But maybe you’re wrong about this. You don’t know what’s in Verna’s heart.
利奥 如果她是个如此完美的天使的话
Leo, if she’s such an angel,
你又为什么在凌晨四点到处找她
why are you looking for her at 4:00 in the morning?
我今天下午派人跟踪她了
I put a tail on her this afternoon.
– 嗯哼 – 我让罗格·丹尼尔斯跟好她
– Uh-huh. – I asked Rug Daniels to follow her around,
你懂得 只是保护她免收麻烦困扰
just, you know, to keep her out of trouble.
我有些担心 尤其是上次跟凯斯帕聊过之后 小心总是没有错的
I was worried. After that meeting with Caspar, you can’t be too careful.
– 那么罗格说了些什么让你让你匆忙赶来我这儿 – 问题就在这儿了
– So what did Rug say that has you scurrying over here? – That’s just it.
– 他什么也没说 他失踪了 – 所以你这是丢了夫人又折兵
– Nothing. He’s disappeared. – So you lost your lady friend and the tail you put on her?
我知道这听起来确实十分糟糕
I guess it does sound pretty sorry at that.
帮个忙嘛 汤姆 我都不知道从哪儿找起
Help me out, Tom. I wouldn’t know where to start looking.
你知道罗格那帮人 你也知道维娜交往的人
You know Rug’s crowd. You know the people Verna runs with.
我现在真的很担心 特别是我和凯斯帕的关系都变成这样了
It’s just I’m worried now with things the way they are between me and Caspar.
你本不该跟约翰·凯斯帕翻脸的 我早就告诉过你了
You shouldn’t be confronting Johnny Caspar. That’s what I’ve been trying to tell you.
你不能和他硬拼 他已经变得很有势力了
You can’t trade body blows with him. He’s gotten too strong.
我估计我还是可以跟这个城里的任何人硬拼的
I reckon I can still trade body blows with any man in this town.
除了你 汤姆
Except you, Tom.
还有维娜
And Verna.
好吧 你就刺♥激♥我吧
Okay. Give me the needle.
我就是个傻瓜
I am a sap.
我自作自受
I deserve it.
谢谢你的酒
Thanks for the drink.
如果你听到什么风声 要告诉我
Let me know if you hear anything.
– 刚刚那是谁 – 利奥
– Who was that? – Leo.
他在到处找你
He’s looking for you.
你告诉他我在这儿
Did you tell him I was here?
没有
No.
你有没有替我哥哥讲好话
Did you put in a good word for my brother?
没有
No.
– 你答应过的 – 我说的是我会考虑看看
– You said you would. – I said I’d think about it.
那你跟他怎么说的
What did you tell him?
你昨晚看到罗格·丹尼尔斯了么
Did you see Rug Daniels last night?

No.
你都跟利奥说了什么
What did you tell Leo?
我说你是个荡♥妇♥而他应该把你一脚踢开
I told him you were a tramp and he should dump you.
你真是个狗♥杂♥种♥ 汤姆
You’re a son of a bitch, Tom.
– 哈喽 汤姆 有什么事么 – 明科
– Hello, Tom. What’s the rumpus? – Mink.
– 我发现你把帽子拿回来了 – 是啊 你要怎样
– I see you got your hat back. – Yeah, what of it?
没啥 你看 这本就与我无关 我也无话可说
Not a thing. Look, if it ain’t my business, I got not a thing to say.
但是 伯尼想要见你 是很重要的事
Listen, Bernie wants to see you. It’s important.
是吗 那我就在这儿 我又不是玻璃做的
Yeah, well, I’m right here. I’m not made of glass.
可是他不敢再公共场合露面 他是个正直的人 但是他很不安
He’s nervous walking around in public. He’s a right guy, but he’s very nervous.
我的意思是谁不会呢 如果处在他的位置上谁不会呢
I mean, who wouldn’t be? In the spot he’s in, who wouldn’t be?
他托我请求你向利奥寻求保护
He asked me to ask you to ask Leo to take care of him.
利奥一向听你的劝 倒不是说利奥不肯帮助一个犹太人
Leo listens to you. Not that Leo wouldn’t help a shmatte anyway.
但是一个类似伯尼的人 一个诚实正直如他的人
A guy like Bernie? A straight shooter like him?
– 我不懂你的意思 明科 – 有什么不懂的 这就像你脸上的鼻子一样是摆明了啊
– I don’t get it, Mink. – What’s to get? It’s as plain as the nose on your face.
– 我以为你是艾迪·戴恩的跟屁虫 – 是啊 汤姆 没错
– I thought you were Eddie Dane’s sycophant. – Yeah, Tom, that’s right,
但一个人可以有不止一个朋友 不是么
but a guy can have more than one friend, can’t he?
这倒不是说我想让戴恩知晓此事 但是这个犹太佬 他是个正直的人 汤米
Not that I want the Dane to know about it, but the shmatte, he’s a right guy, Tommy.
他的确名声不太好 但是作为一个犹太佬 他也有很多好的品质
He’s got a mixed reputation, but for a sheeny, he’s got a lot of good qualities.
– 你跟伯尼到底是什么关系 – 什么也没有 汤姆
– What’s going on between you and Bernie? – Nothin’, Tom.
我们只是 朋友 你知道 挚友
We’re just… friends, you know, amigos.
你真是个善变的人 明科
You’re a fickle boy, Mink.
如果艾迪·戴恩发现了你又其他的“挚友”
If Eddie Dane finds out that you got another ”amigo”…
– 呃 我并不指望他是一个善解人意的人 – 察觉
– Well, I don’t peg him for the understanding type. – Find out?
他怎么会察觉 见鬼了 汤米 你我刚刚甚至都没有讲过话
How’s he gonna find out? Damn it, Tommy, you and me ain’t even been talking!
老天啊 汤姆 见鬼 老天
Jesus, Tom! Damn it Jesus!
哈喽 汤米
Hello, Tommy.
– 你见过欧杜和市长了吧 – 应该是
– You know O’Doole and the mayor? -I oughta.
去年五月给他投了六次票
Voted for him six times last May.
那这还不是最高纪录
And that ain’t the record, either.
噢 维娜回来了 她现在在楼下
Oh, Verna turned up. She’s downstairs.
– 她说她去哪儿了么 – 没有 我也没有逼问她的意愿
– She say where she’d been? – No. I didn’t want to press her.
– 你听说罗格的事了么 – 是的 愿他在地下安息
– You hear about Rug? – Yeah. R.I.P.
他们取了他的头发 汤米
They took his hair, Tommy.
老天 那这是诡异 他们为什么这么做
Jesus, that’s strange. Why would they do that?
– 可能是印第安人干的 – 更有可能是敌人的“眼线”吧
– Maybe it was injuns. – “Eye-ties,” more like it.
吉欧瓦尼·凯斯帕罗
Giovanni Gasparo.
所以你认为是凯斯帕宰了罗格
So you figure Caspar bumped Rug.
– 呃 这很明显 不是吗 – 是么
– Well, it’s pretty obvious, ain’t it? – Yeah?
– 下一步怎么办 – 哼 咱们狠狠地把他踩在地上
– So what’s the plan? – Well, we’ll jump on the guinea hard with both feet.
– 把内♥幕♥消息透露给他 戴尔 – 是的 呃 唔
– Give him the lowdown, Dale. – Yes. Well, um,
利奥刚刚提醒了我们凯斯帕先生经营了
Leo here just reminded us that Mr. Caspar operates…
我们城市的几家酒吧
several clubs in our city,
他的酒吧里面为顾客提供私酒 还有赌博服务
wherein the patrons imbibe of rum and play at games of chance.
我们应该查封关停那里
And we’re supposed to stop the party.
– 他们看起来对此不是很乐意啊 利奥 – 哦 不 才不是这样的 汤姆
– They don’t look to happy about it, Leo. – Oh, no, it ain’t that, Tom.
– 天哪 汤姆 我们只是奉命行事 – 也许他们的不赞同是正确的
-Jesus, Tom, we do as we’re told. – Maybe they’re right not to like it.
捅这个马蜂窝对任何人都没有好处 而且会闹出人命来

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!