整个国家没给他们留下一份工作
only to find that all the jobs have left the country.
我们该把希望带给他们
We’ve got to give them hope.
当旧金山修改竞选条款之后
When San Francisco changed its voting rules,
人♥民♥可以推选自己社区的代表
so that people could elect people from their own neighborhood,
黑人可以推选非洲裔参事
so that the blacks could elect a African-American supervisor,
唐人街可以推选华裔参事
and in Chinatown, they could elect a Chinese supervisor,
在卡斯特罗 他们能从我和里克·斯托克里选一个人
and in the Castro, they could choose between myself and Rick Stokes.
正所谓天地之道在于寻求平衡
But decent art begs balance, right?
在卡斯特罗以南两英里的第八选区
So, little district eight, two miles south of the Castro,
那里的人多是爱尔兰天主教保守派 依旧恪守传统
still very much the same. Irish Catholic, conservative.
就像诗中描述的那样
And with just the right amount of poetry,
他们推选了一位英俊的退役警♥察♥
they found themselves a handsome ex-cop.
那些激进分子 变♥态♥和无药可救的家伙
See, I’m not going to be forced out of San Francisco
凭他们小打小闹 休想把我赶出旧金山
by splinter groups of social radicals, social deviants, and incorrigibles.
要知道 有成千上万的人已经愤怒至极
Now you must realize that there are thousands upon thousands of frustrated,
你也是其中的一个
angry people, such as yourselves,
你们等待着宣泄怒气 要把这些摧残美好城市的毒瘤
just waiting to unleash a fury that will eradicate
全部连根铲光
the malignancies that blight our beautiful city.
最后一次 不能让里克·斯托克得手
Just one more. We can’t let Rick Stokes take this one.
让他得手好了
Let Rick Stokes take it.
对不起
Sorry.
我经受不起再来一次
I can’t do another one.
哦 真该死
Oh, God damn it.
把老的拿走 换上新的
Bring out the old, bring in the new.
这些东西作废 结束了
This is over. Done.
凡是跟众议员沾边的东西 一样也别让我看见
I don’t want to see one more thing that says fucking Assembly on it.
连败三次的臭玻璃准备竞选参事了
‘Cause this three time faggot loser is running for supervisor.
她来了 – 那是谁啊?
There she is. – Who the heck is that?
这是新任竞选负责人
That’s our new campaign manager.
上周她打电♥话♥来毛遂自荐 我就叫她来帮忙了
She called last week to volunteer and I asked for her help.
是来帮忙还是来接任的?斯科特呢?
Help or take over? What about Scott?
我们需要新鲜血液
We need new blood.
先生们 这位是安妮·寇能伯格 一个女人
Gentlemen, Anne Kronenberg. A woman.
一位喜欢女人的女人 很怪 是不是?
A woman who likes women. And that’s odd, isn’t it?
大家好
Hi, guys.
米尔克先生 里克·斯托克不打算退出
Mr. Milk, Rick Stokes isn’t pulling out.
他已正式宣布与你竞争
He’s officially filed to run against you.
在《倡议者》工作的朋友告诉我 大卫·古德斯丁决定支持他
My friend at The Advocate says David Goodstein is backing him.
同志和同志火并啊
So, a gay candidate against a gay candidate.
真是不幸
That’s unfortunate.
先看他们会作何声明
Let’s find out when they are going to announce.
你用一位女同志顶掉了斯科特?
So you replaced Scott with a lesbian?
安妮曾参加过北部的再回收运动
Anne worked on a recycling campaign up north.
她组织能力很强 这点我们很需要
She’s very, very organized. We need that.
怎么知道她不是里克·斯托克的奸细?
How do you know she’s not a plant for Rick Stokes?
你们总这样疑神疑鬼的吗?
Are you guys always this paranoid?
嗯 我们都被哈维带坏了
Yes. We take after Harvey.
你是不是该去洗衣服了?
Don’t you have someone’s laundry to do?
你是不是该去参加美发大会了?
Shouldn’t you be at a hairdressing convention?
我的女友说你们不喜欢女人
Sir, my girlfriends say you guys don’t like women.
我想问问
I’m just asking.
我们是否可以在同一屋檐下合作 还是说你们都很害怕女生?
Is there a place for us in all this or are you all scared of girls?
好了先生们
Okay, gentlemen,
我们已经有了金发小仙 有了东方莲
we’ve already got a tinker bell, a lotus blossom.
还有穿着正装的吉姆和迪克
We’ve got Jim and Dick in their three-piece suits.
还缺个人来管理 这次是个女人
We need someone to manage things. A woman this time.
再说 她的开价很公道
Plus, she’s the right price,
她的球也比在座各位的都要大 (”球”另有引申义 意为胆识)
and she’s got bigger balls than anybody else in here.
等到竞选结束 把账户里剩的钱都给我就行了
Just give me whatever is in the register at the end of the day.
我是不是该给《纪事报》打个电♥话♥ 获得他们的明确支持?
So should I call The Chronicle about getting us an actual endorsement this time?
不行么?
No?
好的亲爱的 给他们打电♥话♥ 代我向他们问好
Yeah, call The Chronicle, sweetheart. Tell them I said hi.
请打电♥话♥吧 千万别亲自过去
Please call. In fact, don’t drive down there.
你会把他们吓着的
You’ll scare the shit out of them.
打吧
Call.
那好
All right.
嗨 我是克里夫
Hi, I’m Cleve.
我是安妮 很高兴见到你
Anne. Good to meet you.
我一直跟哈维说 这儿需要几个厉害的女同志
I was telling Harvey we needed some tough dykes around here, so…
总算给你盼到一个
Well, you got one.
(团结战斗 请投丹·怀特一票)
好了
All right.
头一回获得报纸的支持
First ever newspaper endorsement.
这儿有《海湾卫报》
And we got the Bay Guardian,
《前哨》报以及《湾区记者》报 (《纪事报》)
The Sentinel and The Bay Area Reporter.
你真有能耐啊 简直太妙了!
You are pulling your weight. Oh, this is sensational!
支持原因是…你是个成功的生意人?
They endorsed you for being a good businessman?
我的天 你真会创造奇迹
Oh, my gosh, you really are a miracle worker.
得让斯科特看看 他一定会尿裤子的
Scott has got to read this. He’s just gonna piss himself.
嗯 拿给他看看
Yeah, you should show him.
知道么 克里夫
You know what you should do, Cleve,
如果我们获胜 你该给自己找个男伴 好好庆祝一下
you should get yourself a boy to celebrate with, just in case we win.
有谁想请我喝酒?
Anybody want to buy me a drink?
我请你喝
Oh, I will buy you a drink.
来一瓶香槟怎么样?
How about a bottle of champagne?
我们现在马上就去”种马”酒吧
We are going to The Stud right fucking now.
哈维 你去不去?想不想出去兜兜?
Harvey, are you going to come? You’re gonna miss out?
去吧去吧 我要和报纸呆一会儿
Go, go, go, go. I want to be with my newspaper.
来 我们走 我买♥♥单
Come on, let’s go. Come on, I’m buying.
你凭啥买♥♥单 你又没钱
You’re not buying. You don’t have any money.
这次会赢了吧 米尔克?
Gonna win this time, Milk?
海报上的你真帅
You look more handsome in the poster.
哦 谢谢你
Oh, thank you.
要知道 巴洛米诺是我最喜欢的马种
You know, palominos are my favorite horse.
他们很聪明
They’re smart.
肌肉结实 健步如飞
But they’re compact and fast.
我喜欢
I like that.
你觉得我像巴洛米诺
You think I’m more like a palomino,
还是像种马?
or a stallion?
就是那种蛋蛋很大的…
You know, with big balls and…
喔 喔!我帮你一把
Oh, oh, oh, oh! Here, let me help you.
没事吧?
You okay?
嗯 就是… – 进来吧
Yeah, it’s… – Come in.
靠着我
Here, just lean on me.
谢谢 – 怎么了?
Thank you. – What happened?
不知道 这双靴子我穿着有点大
I don’t know, these boots are too big for me.
那好 先进来 然后把靴子脱掉
Oh, well, let’s get you in and get those off your feet.
你去哪儿?
Where you going?
我还有点事
I have some things to do.
我得去见几个朋友…不 不不
I got to go and meet some friends. No, no, no.
我爸发现之后 打了我一顿
My father beat me when he found out.
所以我来到这里
So, that’s why I came here.
但跟我同住的那个人…
But, I’m living with this guy that… I don’t know.
我不喜欢他
I don’t like him.
没人会再打你了
Nobody will ever beat you again.
我爱你 我爱你
I love you. I love you.
你记得我叫什么嘛?
Do you even remember my name?
不记得了
No.
哈维
Harvey.
我叫哈维
I’m Harvey.
我爱你 哈维
Harvey, I love you.
1977年11月7日 社区选举
谢谢
Thanks.
谢谢你
Thank you.
哈维·米尔克 社区商人
所有人第一次走到了一起
For the first time, it all came together.
工会成员 女人 老人 同志和少数族群
The union boys, women, the seniors, the gays and minorities.
我们中的所有人都参加了投票
All of the “us’s” showed up.
能听见声音 但看不太清 (现场直播)
We can hear it, we can’t really see too much,
但你和我都能感觉到
but it looks and sounds to you and to me
市场大街的气氛就像迎接新年一样
like New Year’s Eve on Market Street.
我们成功了!

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!