先生 您登记投票了吗?
Sir, are you registered to vote?
我是哈维·米尔克 正在竞选参事 (不准浪费我们的税金)
I’m Harvey Milk, sir. I’m running for supervisor.
在我的竞选纲领中有个重点就是
I want you to know that my campaign is very interested
本地区的老年人关怀问题 (为高龄市民提供平价房♥)
in taking care of seniors in the area.
在这方面我们已经做了很多努力 (哈维: 支持少数派)
We’ve been doing a lot about reaching out.
我是哈维·米尔克 如果没登记的话 请到这里登记好么?
I’m Harvey Milk. Will you register here if you’re not registered?
这条裤子很衬你啊!你从哪里来 孩子?
Hey, I like the way those pants fit! Where are you from, kid?
对不起老头 我没兴趣
Sorry, old man, not interested.
家在哪儿?
Where’s home?
菲尼克斯
Phoenix.
过来 就一会儿
Come here. Just come here a minute.
我叫哈维·米尔克 正在竞选参事
I’m Harvey Milk. I’m running for supervisor.
你叫什么?
What’s your name?
克里夫·琼斯
Cleve Jones.
克里夫·琼斯 真可爱
Cleve Jones. You’re adorable.
不如过来登记一下吧 琼斯先生
We should get you over here and get you registered, Mr. Jones.
去你的 不论哪门子竞选
Fuck that. Elections of any kind
全都是混账中产阶级的骗人把戏
are fucking bourgeois affectation.
真是这样吗? – 嗯哼
Is that right? – Mmm-hmm.
你是干什么的 在波克街吊膀子?
What do you do, trick up on Polk Street?
缺钱时我就这么干
If I need the cash.
至少我选择客户的标准比你高
But I’m a little bit more selective about my clients than you are.
那好 在回去工作前 让我先问你个问题
Okay, let me ask you one thing before you go back to work.
在菲尼克斯的生活有没有不爽过?
What was it like to be a little queer in Phoenix?
体育课上那些壮汉有没有揍过你?
Did all the jocks beat you up in gym class?
我装肺病 逃过了体育课
I faked a lung disease to get out of P.E.
那你又算什么?街头心理医生?
So what, what are you? Some kind of street shrink?
有时候是的
Sometimes.
我想说的是 我们能改变菲尼克斯
But what I’m talking about is that we can change Phoenix.
但必须从自己的大街开始
But we have to start with our street.
警♥察♥滥刑 房♥租管制 大♥麻♥ 停车 老年问题
Police abuse, rent control, pot, parks, seniors issues.
那就祝你好运了
Good luck with all that.
好运
Good luck.
知道我怎么想 克里夫·琼斯?
You know what I think, Cleve Jones?
继续说下去 你就能爬上去
That you’re gonna get somewhere if you keep talking.
不 我认为你该做自己擅长的事情
No. I think you should do what you do well.
你就该做♥鸭♥子
You should be a prick.
跟我们一起干吧 做♥鸭♥要有鸭样 对抗市政♥府♥ 对抗警♥察♥
But come with us and be a prick. Fight City Hall. Fight the cops.
对抗那些害你来这儿做♥鸭♥的人
Fight the people that made you come here to do what you do.
对不起了 老头 明天我就要去西班牙了 去欧洲
Sorry, old man, I’m leaving for Spain tomorrow. Europe.
现钱都准备好了
All the cash I need is in my back pocket.
到目前为止 似乎所有的重要势力
I’m just saying that at this point, it looks like all the big guns,
所有的同志经费
all the gay money, the real money,
都打算支持费恩斯坦
is gonna get behind Feinstein
其他的异性恋候选人也被认作 “同志的挚友”
and all the straight candidates they consider “gay-friendly.”
谁会在意那些老皇历呢?
Who cares about those old queens?
得靠他们才能当选啊
Well, you need them to get elected.
我的竞选负责人怎么不主持会议呢?
Why isn’t my campaign manager leading this meeting?
我累死了 传♥单♥发了好几个小时
‘Cause I’m exhausted. I’ve been handing out pamphlets for seven hours.
哦是嘛 在澡堂发的吧
Yeah, in a bathhouse.
这些所谓的同志领袖都是谁啊?
And who are these so-called gay leaders anyway?
他们是谁任命的?吉姆 你有何建议?
Who appointed them? What are you suggesting, Jim?
是不是该去求他们签下支持担♥保♥书?
That I go down there and solicit their endorsement?
我们在街上帮人的时候 他们在哪儿?
I mean, we’re down here trying to help people on the streets. Where are they?
我明白 但是… – 你得拿到担♥保♥书 哈维
Yeah, I know, but… You need an endorsement, Harvey.
拿着这个
Take this.
检查一下曝光效果
Checking the exposure.
照片拍得不错
They’re nice pictures.
他是你的男友? – 差不多吧
Is he your boyfriend? – Sort of.
大卫·古德斯丁是《倡议者》的发行人
Harvey, David Goodstein is a publisher from The Advocate.
他有所房♥子… – 哈维
Harvey. – He’s got a house…
哈维 你该看看这个
Harvey, I think you got to see this.
“有段噩梦旅程在等着哈维·米尔克…
“Harvey Milk will have a dream journey
“噩梦终点是地狱 夜的颜色是恐怖…
“and nightmare to hell, a night of horror.
“你会挨刀子扎 茎茎 鸡鸡 蛋蛋和卵泡全都割光”
“You will be stabbed and have your genitals, cock, balls and prick cut off.”
我叫警♥察♥来
I’m calling the police.
说不定就是他们写的 不妨这么想好了:
They probably wrote it. Look, think of it this way.
如果他们想杀我 至少我能赢得同情票
If they try to kill me, I’ll get the sympathy vote.
说不定就把我们给推上去了
That might be just the push we need.
你觉得这很好玩?好好看看
You think this is funny? Look at it.
完全是恶作剧
It’s a total joke.
既不押韵 又不幽默 只想侮辱我
I mean, it’s got no rhythm, no humor. It’s insulting.
别这样好不好
Don’t do that.
如果你把它放在一边 藏到抽屉里
No, if you put it away, you put it in a drawer,
只会变得更严重 更让你恐惧
it just gets bigger and scarier.
就放在这里 每天都能看见 吓不倒我们的
Here, it’s right here. We see it every day. It can’t get us.
费了这么多力气 就为了变成人家的靶子?
Gonna spend all this energy to make yourself a target?
为了一些永远无法赢得的东西?
For something you’re not gonna even win?
我一直跟你说 不要计较胜负
I keep telling you, it’s not just about winning.
旧金山最知名的同志
The top gays in San Francisco were David Goodstein
是大卫·古德斯丁和他的搭档 民权律师里克·斯托克
and his civil rights lawyer sidekick, Rick Stokes.
大卫是个富翁 他买♥♥下了最知名的同志期刊《倡议者》
David was a rich old queen who had bought the biggest gay magazine, The Advocate.
你好 – 你好
Hello. – Hello, welcome to Mr. Goodstein’s.
迈洛
Milo.
在纽约时我曾在金融公♥司♥任职
I worked for a financial institution in New York.
为人很谨慎
I was very discreet.
有天晚上我去大都会歌♥剧院
One night I went to the Metropolitan Opera,
看威尔第的《游吟诗人》
Il Trovatore, Verdi.
我和我的爱人挨肩坐在包厢里
I was sitting in a box, next to my lover.
不料被人看见了 第二天就丢了工作
Someone spotted us. Next day I was fired.
所以我决定做点什么
So I decided to do something about it.
来到旧金山后 我买♥♥下了《倡议者》
Came out here to San Francisco, I bought The Advocate.
我动用了资金和人脉 以十分低调的方式来尽我所能
I use my money and my influence, in very subtle and quiet ways, to do what I can.
你认为支持异性恋候选人…
So you think that backing straight candidates
是帮助我们的最佳方式么?
is the best way to help us?
嗯 只要他们能支持我们的事业
Yeah, if they’re friendly to our cause.
参事的职责范围是整座城市
Supervisor is a citywide office.
我们必须建立政♥治♥联盟
Political alliances have to be built.
你刚从美国另一头到这里 怎么去竞选这个位置啊
You can’t just move here from across the country and run for that office.
但我已经参选了
But I am running for office.
选票上有我的名字
I’m on the ballot.
工会群众支持我 老年人也支持我
I have the union rank and file, I have the seniors.
也想获得你们杂♥志♥的支持担♥保♥
And I would like to have your magazine’s endorsement.
哈维 我们和天主教会差不多
Harvey, we’re like the Catholic church.
我们欢迎新的信徒 但我们不会把他立即推选为教皇
We welcome converts, but we don’t make them Pope the same day.
你自己为何不参选?
Why haven’t you run yet?
时机不成熟 对卡斯特罗而言更是如此
Too early. Especially from the Castro.
卡斯特罗有什么问题?
What’s wrong with the Castro?
没人在那里工作 除了色情就是毒品 以及更多的色情
Nobody works there. It’s all about sex and drugs and more sex.
大卫 政♥府♥里应该有我们的人
David, we need one of our own in office.
哈维 你不可能在一夜之间获得认同
Harvey, you can’t demand acceptance overnight.
为什么不能?
Why not?
你越是大张旗鼓 那帮人越受刺♥激♥
The more “out” you make us, the more you incite them.
退一步吧哈维 别再张扬了
Harvey, step back and quiet down.
你是说让我们躲回壁橱里去?
You’re suggesting we should go back in the closet?
是不是这个意思?
Is that what you’re saying?
我已经在壁橱里躲了很久 时间长得自己也记不清了
I spent more years in the closet than I care to remember.
斯科特 我们走 – 哦
Let’s go, Scott. – Yeah.
我不需要你们杂♥志♥的支持
I don’t need your magazine’s endorsement.
也不想寻求任何人的认同 没那功夫
And I’m not asking for anyone’s acceptance. I don’t have time.
你把政♥治♥当作游戏 当成小孩子扮家家
For you, politics is a game, a lark.
好像办一场摇滚狂欢 或是找些人相互吹捧
It’s like putting on a rock festival or staging a love-in.
你这把年纪不适合扮嬉皮了 哈维·米尔克
You’re too old to be a hippie, Harvey Milk.
我不是候选人 我是运动的一部分
I am not a candidate. I am part of a movement.
运动本身才是候选人 这里面有差别
The movement is the candidate. There is a difference.
你没看出来 可我看出来了
You don’t see it, but I do.
对不起 我在池子里撒尿了
Sorry, I, uh, pissed in the pool.
到了投票日那天 总共32名候选人竞争6个位置
So, on election day, out of 32 candidates vying for six seats,
我们排在第十 竞选失败了
we came in tenth. We lost.
但只差了那么几票 我这个大耳朵 会吹♥箫♥的同志
But only a few votes shy of my becoming the first big eared, cock-sucking,

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!