我们可以组建自己的商人协会
We’ll form our own business association.
就从同志群开始做生意
We’ll start with the gay businesses.
每个进店的顾客 哪怕只买♥♥胶卷 也让他留下地址
We’ll get the addresses of every customer that comes in the store for a roll of film
问他们想要什么 要改些什么
and we’ll ask them what they want, what they need changed.
在这方面投点资金 让社区恢复生气
We’ll get some money rolling in here. Revitalize the neighborhood.
现在能进来了么?
Can I come in now?
再等一分钟
One more minute.
我可以去社区银行问问
And I can go to the neighborhood banks.
他们的客户里肯定也有同志
They must have some gay customers.
哈维 干嘛去搅政♥治♥这摊混水?
Look, Harvey, what’s with all this political activist crap?
我都快把你当成该死的共和党了
I mean, I thought you were a goddamn Republican.
我是商人 斯科特
I’m a businessman, Scott.
作为商人就应该善待顾客
And businesses should be good to their customers.
即使这些顾客是同志也一样
Even if their customers are gay.
拜托 这儿可是旧金山!
For God’s sake, it’s San Francisco!
和这个国家的其他城市没什么区别
Yeah. Well, it’s just like any other city in the country.
他们恨我们 奇怪吧
They hate us. Real surprise.
一座城市里至少该有一个街区是我们的
We should have at least one block in one city, right?
就从这里开始 占领整个社区
We start there and then we’ll take over the neighborhood.
也许吧
Maybe.
我要进来了
I’m coming in.
好 现在可以进来了
Okay, you can come in now.
总算好了…别让我失望啊
Finally. This better be good.
哦!
Oh!
生日快乐!
Happy birthday!
是你逼我的!是你逼我的!是你逼我的!
I had to do it! I had to do it! I had to do it!
这里不能动手!这里不能动手! – 哈维·米尔克!
Sanctuary, sanctuary! – Harvey Milk!
这里不能动手!
Sanctuary!
卡斯特罗成了第一站
And Castro became destination number one.
每周都有上百名同志从世界各处汇聚至此
Hundreds of gay men were coming every week from all over the world.
这儿是我们的地盘 我们自己的社区
It was our area. Our own neighborhood.
警♥察♥憎恨我们 我们也以憎恨还击
The police hated us. And we hated them right back.
他们会来揍我们 只为了找点乐子
They would come in and attack us and beat us just for fun.
但这阻止不了我们
But that wouldn’t stop us.
我做了一张表 上面列着 哪些店对我们友善 哪些不友善
I made a list of shops that were friendly to us and shops that weren’t.
与我们合作的店家生意变得兴旺
Those shops that worked with us thrived.
不肯合作的店家生意日渐清淡
Those that didn’t, went out of business.
最后关门大吉
Closed their doors.
借过 女士们先生们
Excuse me, ladies and gentlemen.
康纳利先生 最近生意如何?
Mr. McConnely, I just came by to see how business was doing.
还不错 哈维
Just fine, Harvey.
不介意这些同性恋了?
You don’t mind having all these homosexuals in here?
各位 开个玩笑 他很喜欢我们 尽情开销吧
Kidding, everybody. He loves our kind. Spend away.
代我向你太太问好
Tell your wife I said hello.
我们的店里来往的人渐渐多了起来
But people started hanging around our store.
不仅仅是顾客 还有积极分子 青少年
Not customers. Activists, kids,
以及那些离家寻求新归宿的年轻人
young people who were looking for a home away from home.
这位是丹尼·尼科莱塔
There was Danny Nicoletta,
我在蛤♥蟆♥厅酒吧结识的艺术系学生 这个迷人的小伙子现已在店里工作
cute art student that I picked up at Toad Hall, who worked in the shop.
拜托 哈维 歌♥剧早就过时了
Harvey, come on. Opera is so pass?
你无法领会其中的精髓
You’re not understanding the spectacle of it,
比人类情感更广阔
the bigger than life emotions.
比人类情感更广阔?
The bigger than life emotions?
吉姆·里瓦尔多 哈佛毕业的才子
Jim Rivaldo, a great mind.
但那时的卡斯特罗没人拿这当回事
Harvard graduate, which nobody cared about in those days in the Castro.
包括他自己
Including himself.
接下来这位是吉姆的门徒
And somewhere along the line, Jim picked up a prot間?
来自威斯康星 可爱的政♥治♥青年 迪克·帕比奇
a cute political kid from Wisconsin, Dick Pabich.
当然不能忘了丹尼斯·佩隆
And of course, there was Dennis Peron,
他的生意红火 顾客都是年轻人
who ran a very successful business with the young kids.
同志群以外的人也看到了事态的变化
And it wasn’t only the gays who noticed what was happening.
那些异性恋者
Also the straight people.
其中有些绝对意想不到的人
There were some very unexpected ones.
运输工会领袖阿兰·巴尔德有一天到我店里
Teamster leader Allan Baird walked right into my shop
问能不能让我的人参与抵♥制♥康胜啤酒
and asked me if I could get my people to help boycott Coors beer.
那次抵♥制♥运动算不上成功
And the Coors beer boycott had not been too successful.
但我带上自己的人 把所有同志酒吧内的康胜啤酒全撤了
But I got my people to get all the Coors beer out of all the gay bars,
很快康胜就丢了市场老大的位置 缴械投降了
and immediately Coors fell from number one and they caved.
一周后 运输工会招聘了一批同志司机
A week later, the Teamsters union, for the very first time,
这是有史以来的头一遭
hired openly gay drivers.
我们不再是一群娘娘腔
We weren’t just a bunch of pansies anymore.
我们也首次尝到了权利的甜头
We had had our first taste of power.
就在那时 有人开始称呼我为 “卡斯特罗街的市长”
And it was about that time that someone first called me
这名词也可能是我自己想出来的
the Mayor of Castro Street, or I may have invented the term myself.
这帮警♥察♥真可恶
The fucking cops, man.
警♥察♥把蛤♥蟆♥厅酒吧里的人都赶走了
Cops are pulling people out of Toad Hall.
为什么?他们做了什么?
Why? What did they do?
他们在扫街 已经在动手了
They’re sweeping the streets. It’s happening right now.
走 – 走
Come on. – Come on.
就从那个门 从正门那里
Through the door there, the front door there,
警♥察♥像潮水一样冲了进来
was just an explosion of police charging in here.
我和其他一些人躲进厕所
I ran into the bathroom to hide with some other people.
就听见尖叫声 踩踏声 碰撞声…
All we could hear was screaming and crunching and smashing.
坦白说这是我遇见过最恐怖的事情
It was frankly the most terrifying experience I’ve had in my life.
如果我们在政♥府♥有人
If we had someone in government
能站在我们的角度思考问题
who saw things the way that we see them,
就像黑人社区有黑人领袖替他们出头
like the black community has black leaders that look out for their interests.
政♥治♥就像戏剧
Politics is theater.
不太计较胜负
It doesn’t matter so much about winning.
你得说出自己的声音
You make a statement.
你说: “我来了” 让他们注意到你
You say, “I’m here.” You get their attention.
这也许会很有趣
I mean, it’ll be fun.
到1973年 我们已将卡斯特罗全盘控制 但局势依然不安全
Even though the Castro was firmly our area by 1973, it wasn’t safe for us.
大家得在脖子上或兜里带个哨子
We would have to wear whistles on our necks or in our pockets.
听到哨子声 大家就会跑过去帮忙
And if you ever heard a whistle, you would run to help.
这基佬正想带鸭子回家 路上被人扁了
Fruit was walking home with his trick when he got jumped.
名字是罗伯特·希尔斯堡 你认识吗?
Name’s Robert Hillsborough. Did you know him?
他来过我的店…有目击者么?
He used to come into my shop. Are there any witnesses?
有 就是那个鸭子 杰瑞·泰勒
Yeah, just the trick, Jerry Taylor.
杰瑞不是鸭子 是他的爱人
Jerry’s not his trick, he’s his lover.
随便你怎么称呼
Hey, call it what you will.
他是唯一的目击者 他说他没看清袭击者长什么样
All we know is he’s our only witness and he said he can’t identify the attackers.
如果你们真想保护这些人的话
Oh, you’d have a dozen witnesses if they thought you boys had any
就能找到不少目击者
real interest in protecting them.
嘿 来啊 到这边来 大家集♥合♥
Hey, come on. Come over. Everyone gather around.
嘿米尔克 康胜的事儿真漂亮
Hey, Milk, good job on Coors.
谢谢你 我们很乐意帮忙 真的很乐意
Thank you and we were very happy to do that. We were very happy to do that.
大家过来 请聚到这里来
Everyone over here, gather around.
你们好 我是哈维·米尔克
Hello. I’m Harvey Milk.
在一周之前
A week ago,
一帮遮住警徽的警♥察♥来到我们街区
police officers came into our area with badges covered.
14个同伴有的被他们打伤 有的被抓
They sent 14 of our people to hospitals and to jail.
罪名是”堵塞人行道”
The charges, “Blocking the sidewalk.”
我们交的税应该换来保护 而不是遭人迫♥害♥
Let’s let our tax money go to our protection, not our persecution.
该担心枪♥支♥管制 而不是大♥麻♥管制
Worry about gun control, not marijuana control.
关心教育资源 养老问题 而不是该念什么书!
School supplies, seniors, not the books we read!
同志们
My fellow degenerates,
我决定竞选旧金山市参事!
I would like to announce my candidacy for San Francisco City Supervisor!
您的参事候选人 哈维·米尔克
你好么 李? – 很好 谢谢
How are you, Lee? – Fine, thank you.
我给你带了些花来 装点一下
Oh, I bought you some flowers to brighten up your day.
我能给你的顾客发些传♥单♥么?
Could I leave some flyers for your customers?
大家好
Hello, everyone.
我是哈维·米尔克 正在竞选参事
Harvey Milk, running for supervisor.
需要你们支持 (米尔克为每个人都做了准备)
We need your support.
您登记投票了吗?
Are you registered to vote?
这个给您 哈维·米尔克竞选参事
Let me just give you that. It’s for Harvey Milk for supervisor, all right?
他计划加入参事会…对 谢谢 (扩建公共图书馆 削减公交收费)
He’s running for the Board of Supervisors. Right. Thank you.
你也保重 (增加青少年娱乐活动)
Take care. Have a good day.
哈维·米尔克竞选参事!
Harvey Milk for supervisor! Excuse me, ma’am, are you registered to vote?
对不起女士 您登记投票了吗? (修正警局预算)

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!