他们不仅为之全力摇旗呐喊 而且今天他们还将出现在投票箱前
They’ve not only been working very hard, but they’re going to come out and vote today.
“你要爱邻如己”
” Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. ”
我想问布里格斯先生
And I would like to know how you, Senator Briggs,
你相信6号♥提案能让孩子们学会
believe that Proposition 6 will help children learn how to accept people
如何接受那些跟自己有差异的人么?
who are different from themselves.
哈维 洛杉矶的唐·阿玛多来电
Harvey, Don Amador from LA.
时间不合适啊 唐
Not a good time, Don.
不 先生 是我 保罗 唐把电♥话♥给了我
No, sir, this is Paul. Don just gave me the phone.
哪个保罗?
Paul who?
一年多前我们在电♥话♥上聊过
You spoke to me on the phone a year or so ago.
坐轮椅的那个 明尼苏达的
I’m in a wheelchair. I’m from Minnesota.
我以为你已经自尽了 保罗
I thought you were a goner, Paul.
当我看见您成功当选参事之后
When I saw that you won the supervisor seat,
我让一个朋友送我上车 来到了洛杉矶
I got a friend to put me on a bus to LA.
在洛杉矶你有熟人么?
Who do you know in Los Angeles?
没有
Nobody.
That’s the…
我不想再自杀了
I just didn’t want to die anymore.
在这里我遇见了你的朋友 唐
I met your friend Don down here.
我已经18了 今天我给6号♥提案投了反对票
I turned 18 and I voted today against Prop 6.
如果没有您 我不可能活到今天
I don’t think I’d be alive right now if it weren’t for you.
不 这全是你自己做的 保罗
No, you did that all by yourself, Paul.
唐想让我向您道贺 他说
Don wanted me to congratulate you on what he says
今晚我们似乎获得了大胜 恭喜您 米尔克先生
looks like a big win for us tonight. Congratulations, Mr. Milk.
没错 真难以置信
Yeah, I know, it’s incredible.
所有选区的统计结果显示 在洛杉矶郡我们赢了65%的票
All the precincts have reported we’ve won 65% in LA County.
这是大事 哈维
It’s huge, Harvey.
我得挂了 唐
I got to go, Don.
我们在洛杉矶郡赢得了65%选票 标上去!标上去!
We just took LA County by 65%. Put it up! Put it up!
好的 好的
Okay, okay.
怎么样 吉姆?怎么样?
What, Jim? Jim, what? – Okay, okay!
民♥意♥测验错得离谱 布里格斯的 反对者和支持者比率为2比1
The polls were way off. Briggs is going down by 2 to 1.
旧金山唯一支持提案通过的选区 是丹·怀特的选区
The only place it’s going to pass in San Francisco is Dan White’s district.
快去给自♥由♥女神披件衣服
Somebody, cover up Lady Liberty!
有人要来拍照了!
The cameras are on the way here.
今晚 每一个人都很清楚
Tonight, it’s become clear to everyone out there
他们知道我们就在他们身边 现在他们知道了
that they do know one of us, and now that they do,
他们看到我们没有病
they can see that we’re not sick.
他们感到我们没有错
They can feel that we are not wrong.
他们知道 在这个伟大的国度 在这个星球上
And they know that there must be, that there should be a place
我们应当有 也必须有一席之地
for us in this great country, in this world.
希望的讯息已经传出 传给所有那些年轻人
A message of hope has been sent to all those young people,
所有因敌对之潮而受到惊吓的人
to all of those who’ve been afraid by this wave of hate,
所有被家庭抛弃 被故乡抛弃的人
to all of those who have lost their homes, lost their hometowns.
今晚我们终于明白 我们也有一席之地!
Tonight, we are clear that there is a place for us!
我的兄弟姐妹 我们又能回家了!
My brothers and sisters, we can come home again!
(致 乔治·莫斯科恩市长)
早上好 丹
Oh, good morning, Dan.
早上好 哈维 我刚辞职
Morning, Harvey, I just resigned.
恭喜你 我相信 你一定能当选下一任参事会主席
Congratulations. I’m sure you’ll be the next President of the Board.
丹 有些事谈
Hey, Dan. Just got word.
能和你谈几分钟么?
Can we talk to you for a minute?
当然可以
Yeah, sure.
去协会会议室谈吧
The association meeting room.
好了 又要重新来过了 因为今天早上
Well, now it starts all over again, because this morning,
前任参事丹·怀特说他想再任参事
former Supervisor Dan White says he wants to be called supervisor one more time.
他前脚被人拖进警♥察♥协会 参加了一次秘密会议
He gets dragged into this closed door meeting at Police Association.
后脚就想要讨回他的位子
Suddenly he wants his job back.
谁知道他们在里面讲了些什么
I mean, who knows what they might have said to him in there.
也不知道向他许诺了什么东西
Or what they may have promised him.
说不定更糟 他们威胁了他
Or worse yet, if they had threatened him.
一个人有权改变想法 让我安静安静吧
A man has the right to change his mind. Give me some peace.
丹·怀特在参事会投了我们的关键否决票
Dan White has been the vote on the board that has stood in our way.
关键否决票 – 我明白你的意思 哈维
The vote. – I get it, Harvey.
这一周不停有人来游说 我听够了
I’ve been lobbied all week. Enough.
我提醒你 你马上要改选了
Let me remind you of something, you’re up for re-election.
如果你让丹·怀特复职 同志群不会投票给你 他们听我的
If you reappoint Dan White, you will lose the gay vote. They listen to me.
你就当不成”捕狗者”了 (指有心竞选总统的参议员)
You will not be elected dog catcher.
我会在周一下决定
I’ll make my decision on Monday.
你知道刚才的你像谁吗?
You know who you sounded like just now?
特威德老大 还有戴利市长 (政♥治♥人物 皆因滔天政♥治♥丑闻而闻名)
Boss Tweed or Mayor Daly.
我喜欢
I like that.
有权有势的同性恋
A homosexual with power.
太恐怖了
That’s scary.
你好
Hello.
是的 请稍等
Yes, hold on, please.
谢谢
Thank you.
我是丹·怀特
Yes, this is Dan White.
你好 怀特先生 我是KCBS电台的 芭芭拉·泰勒
Hi, Mr. White, this is Barbara Taylor from KCBS.
嗯哼
Mmm-hmm.
我想问问您的反应
I’m interested in your reaction.
我从市长办公室得到消息说
I’ve received information from the mayor’s office
您无法复职了
that you’re not getting your job back.
对不起 对此我一无所知
I’m sorry, I don’t know anything about that.
喂?
Hello?
吵醒你了?
Did I wake you?
哈维?你没事吧?
Harvey? Are you all right?
今晚我去歌♥剧院了 猜我和谁一起去的
I went to the opera tonight. Guess who I went with.
谁?
Who?
比杜·萨瑶
Bidu Sayao herself.
我第一次听普契尼 就是她唱的 观众们如痴如醉
She was my first Puccini. The crowd went wild.
我感觉自己又年轻了一次 感觉就像第一次去歌♥剧院
I felt like I was young again, being at my first opera.
下次你去看歌♥剧的时候 可以先告诉我
Maybe you should tell me the next time you go to the opera.
真的么?
Really?
嗯 我愿意跟你一起去
Yeah. I’d go with you.
太好了
I’d like that.
看窗外 太阳升起来了
Look outside, the sun’s coming up.
好的 你别挂
Okay, hang on.
嘿 等一下
Hey, wait a minute.
我叫助手下来开门
My aide was supposed to come down here
在侧门等了半天 她也没下来
and let me in the side door, but she never showed up.
你是? – 丹·怀特 市参事
And you are? – I’m Dan White, City Supervisor.
哈维
Harvey,
我想告诉你 我为你感到骄傲
I want you to know that I am proud of you.
我可不想错过这个
I don’t wanna miss this.
错过什么?
Miss what?
这个
This.
他在吗?我能见一下市长吗?
Is he here? Can I see the mayor for a moment?
请等一下 我问问他有没有时间
Just a minute, I’ll see if he’s available.
先生 丹·怀特来了 他想见您
Sir, Dan White is here to see you.
他们要派谁接任丹的位置?
So, who are they gonna replace Dan with?
那个天杀的左翼自♥由♥派 唐·霍兰奇?
That goddamn lefty liberal, Don Horanzy?
要是这样 参事会的房♥梁也得抖三抖
That’ll really shake up the board.
我只知道今天会有一位新参事上任
All I know is that we’re getting a new supervisor today.
如果丹现身 避开他
If Dan shows up, just avoid him.
今天不该惹是生非 是不是 哈维?
We don’t need a scene today, do we, Harvey?
否则老天也难容啊 黛安
God forbid, Dianne.
怀特先生 现在可以见市长了
Mr. White, the mayor will see you now.
谢谢 – 不客气
Thanks. – You’re welcome.
丹 进来吧
Dan, come on in.
这事情让我怎么冷静
It’s not something that I wanna calm down about.
你不能夺走我的职位
You can’t take this away from me.
丹 是你自己下的决定
Dan, look, you made a decision.
下决定的是你自己
You know, you made the decision.
重点是怎样做才对你的选区公平
The issue is what’s fair to the people of your district, Dan.
不如你休息一段时间 陪陪家人
Now, look, take some time off. Spend it with your family.
告诉卡特总统 明年这个时候 就轮到我们来接他的班了
Tell President Carter we’re coming after him next, this time next year.
你好 黛安
Hi, Dianne.
我们正在向华盛顿进军
We’re marching to Washington D.C.
嘿 能到我办公室坐一会儿么?
Hey, can I see you in my office for a minute?
没问题…我马上回来 – 好
Sure. I’ll be back. Yeah.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!