because they want to encourage our children to join them.
那同性恋该怎么教?
And how do you teach homosexuality?
像教法语一样?
It’s like French?
我的父母都是异性恋
I was born of heterosexual parents,
我的教师都是异性恋
taught by heterosexual teachers
我生活在一个绝对异性恋的社会
in a fiercely heterosexual society.
为什么我还会成为同性恋?
So why then am I homosexual?
我无意冒犯
And no offense meant,
但如果孩子们都会模仿老师的话
but if it were true that children mimicked their teachers,
那我们身边的修女数量会多得吓死人
we’d have a hell of a lot more nuns running around.
6号♥提案让我们确实而真切的感受到恐惧
We were really, genuinely frightened by Proposition 6.
随着安妮塔和布里格斯势力渐大 我们变得非常悲观
And with Anita and Briggs gaining strength, we were very pessimistic.
我们认为自己毫无胜机
We didn’t think that there was any chance that we could beat it.
但我们至少希望
But what we did hope for
能够充分组织力量
is that we could organize enough,
到时候即便输了 也能大闹一场
so that when we did lose, all hell would break loose.
现在支持反对比仍为2比1 我们落后 必须有所动作了
We’re still losing 60-30. We got to take this show on the road.
发一篇新闻稿
Put out a press release.
给布里格斯办公室打电♥话♥ 跟他说 听众 场地都由他来选
Call Briggs’ office, tell him he can pick the audience, the town.
我不会让我的支持者出场
I’ll tell my supporters to stay away.
他的听众全都虔诚至极 你会没命的
Harvey, his audiences are intensely devout. You’ll get killed.
就去橘郡
Get me Orange County.
根据你今夜以及之前在报上的声明 (橘郡 富乐顿)
In your statements here and all these newspapers and tonight,
你认为儿童性骚扰不能算是话题
you say that child molestation is not an issue.
如果这不算是话题
If it’s not an issue,
那你为何在给各家派发的传♥单♥上 用这条来警示民众?
why do you put out literature that hammers it home?
为什么要制♥造♥恐慌假象?
Why do you play on this myth and fear?
就像性病问题一样 我们也有宣传…
Same thing with VD, Harvey, we put out publications…
可这是推行立法的传♥单♥
This is campaign literature.
我们针对性病做宣传 为的是让人们远离性病
Well, we put out publications about VD so you can avoid it.
你自己亲口说 在异性恋群体中 性骚扰现象更为频繁
You yourself had said that there’s more molestation in the heterosexual group,
那为什么不把异性恋教师也辞退了?
so why not get rid of the heterosexual teachers?
我们在谈的不是同性…不是儿童性骚扰
We are not talking about homosex… About child molestation.
差不多…事实上 差不多95%的人是异性恋
Nearly… The fact is, nearly 95 percent of the people are heterosexual,
如果我们把异性恋开除 同性恋也开除
so, if we took the heterosexuals out and the homosexuals out,
知道是什么后果嘛 没有老师可用了
you know what, we’d have no teachers.
没有老师 没有性骚扰
We’d have no teachers, no more molestation.
你刚才说 异性恋在人口中所占百分比
So you’re saying that the percentage of the population
和在儿童性骚扰中的百分比相等 是么?
is equal to the percentage of child molestation?
不不不 我没这么说 没有
No, no, no, I’m not saying that, no.
你刚才就是这么说的
That’s what you just said.
没有没有 我完全没有这个意思 我的意思是我们无法防止儿童性骚扰
No, no, no. I’m not saying that at all. I am saying that we can’t prevent
所以应该通过驱除同性恋
child molestation, so let’s just cut our odds down
留下异性恋 来降低此事发生的几率
by taking out the homosexuals and keeping in the heterosexual groups.
先生 在您个人♥权♥欲的驱使下
Sir, in your drive for personal power,
你还准备毁掉多少职业呢?
how many careers are you willing to see destroyed?
为了满足您对权利的渴望 您要毁掉多少生命才肯罢休呢?
How many lives, in your lust for power, will you destroy and when will it stop?
杰克 什么事?
Jack, what is it?
没事 只想问问你几点到家
Nothing. Just wondering when you’ll be home.
狗大便法令马上就要投票了 你让他们把我从会场拉出来就为了这个?
You just had them pull me out of my big vote on the dog shit ordinance for this?
你是不是存心的?
What, do you do this on purpose?
妈的 哈维 拜托 是大便哎
Fuck, Harvey, it’s poop, okay?
难道我还没大便重要?
I just hope I’m more important than poop.
那个…我…我不知道几点能到家
Look, it’s… I just… I don’t know what time I’ll be home.
六点 也许六点一刻
6:00 or 6:15.
好吧 – 好么
Okay. – Okay?
好了 到时候见
I’m all right. I’ll see you then.
好的 那就六点一刻
Okay. 6:15, then.
丹 孩子好么?
Dan, how’s the baby?
你没提议给参事加薪?
You didn’t bring up supervisor pay raises?
事实上我听说你打算公开反对加薪
In fact, I heard that you plan to publicly oppose them.
我听说你也准备公开反对此事
Well, I heard that you planned to vote against them, too.
你是在给我下套吗?
Were you setting me up?
从政♥治♥角度讲 现在我不适合赞成此事
It’s not a good time for me, politically speaking.
丹 禁止警♥察♥种族歧视的协议要投票了
Dan, there’s a vote on the Police Desegregation Settlement.
如果你投赞成票 我会考虑加薪提案的
You give me that and I’ll consider backing pay raises.
我不做投票交易
I don’t trade votes.
我和你不同 在我生长的环境中
Unlike you, the way I was raised,
我们有是非观 懂什么才是道德
we believe in right and wrong. Moral and immoral.
警♥察♥局里的黑人和白人
Black skin and white in the police department.
丹 连罗纳德·里根也反对6号♥提案
Dan, even Ronald Reagan is opposed to Proposition 6.
你变得越来越孤立了
You’re looking more and more out of touch.
假如我站出来反对6号♥提案
Okay, if I come out against Prop 6, it’s only going to be for the invasion
那只会导致对州权的侵犯 仅此而已
of state’s rights issue, that’s it.
接下来异性恋就会受到政♥治♥迫♥害♥?
And the potential witch hunt against you straight people.
你不可以这样羞辱我
You can’t humiliate me, okay?
不准你贬低我
You will not demean me.
哈维 马上进行最终投票 你快点过来
Harvey, we’re doing the final vote. We need to get you back.
(都是为了你 哈维)
杰克?
Jack?
杰克?
Jack?
(我曾需要别的东西)
杰克?
Jack?
(你最喜欢马戏了 喜欢我的告别演出么?)
喔!
Oh!
不 杰克…杰克 不!
No, Jack. Jack, no!
不 不 不 杰克 不…
No, no, no. Jack, no.
杰克!
Jack!
不 不 不 不!喔 不要!
No, no, no, no! Oh, no!
哈维
Harvey,
看着我
look at me.
嘿 看着我
Hey, look at me.
你已经尽力了
You did everything that you could.
不 我没有
No, I didn’t.
你还能做些什么呢?
What more could you have done?
我应该六点到家 而不是六点一刻
I could have come back at 6:00 instead of 6:15.
嘘
Shh.
杰克不在了 可我没时间默哀
Jack was gone. I didn’t have any time to mourn.
没有别的选择
There was no choice.
我必须继续…继续斗争下去
I had to keep on… Keep on fighting.
加州绝大多数政♥治♥领袖 (6号♥议案投票 1978年11月7日)
Most California political leaders,
从现任州长杰瑞·布朗到前任州长罗纳德·里根
from Governor Jerry Brown to former Governor Ronald Reagan,
都表示现有的儿童保护♥法♥规已经足够
say there are already enough laws on the books to protect children.
要是允许一个人 哪怕只有一个人
If you allow one, just one human being
允许他的权利被人夺走
to be allowed to have his rights taken away from him,
那么同为人类的你 伙计
as a human being then, pal,
等他们来夺你权利的时候 你也没啥可说的!
you don’t have any right when they come to take away your rights!
你在家里干什么都行 那是你的隐私
You do what you want in the privacy of your own home.
但别告诉我说 我也必须这么做
But don’t tell me I got to accept it in mine.
圣贝纳迪诺郡的结果出来了 不太好
San Bernadino is coming in. Not good.
那是肯定的 有多坏?
Of course not. How not good?
60%赞成布里格斯 弗雷斯♥诺♥郡的结果也一样
60% for Briggs. Same in Fresno.
上帝啊 东方莲同志
Oh, dear God, Lotus Blossom.
帝国郡的赞成票为69%
Imperial is 69% for so far.
标在板上
Put it on the board.
相信我 我爱同性恋
I love homosexuals, if you can believe that.
我爱他们 所以才把真♥相♥告诉他们
I love them enough to tell them the truth.
如果这提案真的通过了 接下去就会有人跳出来
I think that if it were passed, it would be just what some people would need
指挥开展一场恐怖的政♥治♥迫♥害♥
to conduct a very severe witch hunt.
我有个请求 请大家给6号♥提案投反对票
What I ask, everybody to vote against Proposition 6.
全世界都在看 旧金山也要沦陷了 你准备好没有?
The whole world is watching. This is San Francisco we’re losing. You ready?
我能在一小时里召集一万五千人
I can have 15,000 people here in an hour,
但如果提案通过了 肯定会有一场暴♥乱♥
but there’s gonna be riots if this thing passes.
那就再好不过了
There goddamn well better be.
你说什么?
What are you telling me?
作为公职人员 我不能说
I can’t say this because I’m a public official,
但如果提案通过 一定要拼死反抗
but if this thing passes, fight the hell back.
出手相助布里格斯的是 信奉原教旨主义的基♥督♥徒
It was fundamentalist Christians who helped Briggs
是他们收集了绝大部分签名 6号♥提案才得以登上今天的投票台
gather most of the signatures to put Proposition 6 on today’s ballot.
基♥督♥教团体从未像今天这样
The Christian community had never been involved
被卷入争议性的政♥治♥话题之中
in any political controversial issue.
但这次不仅仅是卷入 而是全情付出
And they’re not only involved, but they’re committed.