Cake? – Yeah.
你想要的话我就去
Whatever you want.
别让凯萨·查维斯(墨裔美籍劳工领袖) 听见你叫他”塔可”
Don’t let Cesar Chavez hear you calling him taco.
最近他好多了 周一他应该还会去上课
He’s getting much better. He’s enrolling in classes on Monday, I hope.
知道么 记得以前你过生日的时候
You know, I remember when your birthdays were
可没这么浪费 而且也没这么多人
a lot less lavish and a little more intimate.
谁请你来的?安妮?
Who invited you? Anne?
不 我男朋友请的 我是他的特邀嘉宾
No, my boyfriend. I’m his plus one.
那我得祝贺你 据说这位置很难抢啊
Well, congratulations. It was a very hard ticket to get.
祝贺你 好像完全融入政♥治♥机器了
Congratulations to you. Looks like you’re part of the machine now.
顺便说一句 你能做得更好
By the way, you can do better.
我和杰克在家的时候 不用谈政♥治♥
When I come home to Jack, I don’t have to talk politics,
不用字斟句酌 甚至不用开口说话
I don’t have to talk intelligently. I don’t have to talk at all.
再者说 像我这样的糟老头 上哪儿去找这么英俊的小青年啊?
And besides, where’s an ugly old man like me gonna find a handsome young man like that?
你没那么老 而且还很英俊
You’re not that old and you look handsome.
48岁生日快乐 看来你终于能到50岁了 米尔克先生
Happy 48. Looks like you’re gonna make it to 50 after all, Mr. Milk.
哈维!
Harvey!
哈维, 哈维!
Harvey, Harvey!
你的生日聚会结束了吗?
Is your birthday party over?
呃 差不多要收场了 你好
Well, it’s just winding down. Hi.
哦 对不起 错过了你的生日聚会
Oh, I’m sorry. I’m sorry I missed your birthday party.
没什么 没关系 很高兴见到你 丹
No, it’s no problem. It’s good to see you, Dan.
对不起 我也很高兴见到你 哈维
I’m sorry. It’s good to see you too, Harvey.
哦 我想跟你谈谈狗大便的事
Oh, I wanted to ask you about the dog poop.
好啊
Yeah.
真棒 干的真不错
That’s good. It’s a really good one.
干的真不错
It’s a good one.
嘿 有样小东西要给你
Hey, I got you a little something.
不必这么客气
You didn’t have to.
就知道你会这么说
I knew you were going to say that.
为什么你们总这么说呢?
Why do people always say that?
“不必这么客气” 这是必须的 你说呢?
“You didn’t have to.” I mean, of course, right?
但他们总是这么说
But that’s what they always say.
他们总喜欢说这种话
They always say things like that.
总是这样
Always.
你没事吧 丹?
Are you okay, Dan?
没事
Yeah.
你没事吧 哈维?
Are you okay, Harvey?
我们没事吧? – 没事
Are we okay? – Okay.
通过观察你 我学了很多 – 我不这么想
I’ve learned a lot from watching you. – I doubt that.
不 我学到了 我发现 你想走出你的小圈子
No, I have. I’ve realized you just gotta get out there.
你想引人注意 因为这样才能成事
You gotta be noticed, ’cause that’s how it all works.
但是你有话题 这是你的优势
But you have an issue. See, that’s your advantage.
这的确是个优势
That’s an advantage.
丹 这不仅仅是个话题
Dan, it’s more than an issue.
什么? – 我…
What? – I…
丹 我曾经有过四段感情
Dan, I have had four relationships in my life.
四个伴侣中有三个曾想自杀 都是我的错
And three of them have tried to commit suicide. And that’s my fault,
因为我把他们藏着掖着 因为我很软弱 不敢从壁橱里出来
because I kept them hidden and quiet, because I was closeted and weak.
明白我在说什么吗? – 明白
You see what I’m saying? – Yes.
真明白? – 嗯哼
You do? – Mmm-hmm.
不仅仅是工作或者什么话题 我们要捍卫的是自己的生活
This is not just jobs or issues, this is our lives we’re fighting for.
知道么? – 知道了
Okay? – All right.
好了 丹… – 你教会我很多 哈维
Okay, Dan… – I’ve learned a lot from you, Harvey.
我得进去了
I’m getting back to my party now.
我也会把自己的照片弄上报的
I’m going to get my picture in the papers, too.
你为什么来这儿? 为什么凭空就多了一个你?
Why are you even here? Why did you just show up from somewhere?
我也有话题 – 好吧
I’ve got my own issues. – Okay.
我有我自己的话题 – 谢谢你
I’ve got my own issues. – Thank you.
“谢谢你”…随你说吧
“Thank you.” Whatever.
我都不知道你是谁 突然就这么冒出来
I don’t even know who you are. You just showed up out of nowhere, Latino man.
丹·怀特也有话题!
Dan White’s got an issue!
约翰·布里格斯早上说 戴德郡 奥克拉荷马 以及明尼苏达的圣保罗
John Briggs said this morning that Dade County, Oklahoma, and St. Paul, Minnesota
那些地方只是前哨战
were only preliminary battles.
他声称自己在加州发起的 针对同性恋教师的运动才是主要战役
He called his California campaign against homosexual teachers the main event.
在当下虔诚的环境中 那些作为 那些人的作为
What it’s doing, what these people are doing is
正改变着我们的道德观 我不希望发生这种事情
changing our morals from our religious background. And I don’t want that.
同志自♥由♥日大游♥行♥ 1978年6月25日
(我教西班牙语 没教性)
这是今天寄来的邮件
This came in the mail today.
“要是你站在麦克风前面 就等着吃枪子吧”
“You get the first bullet the minute you stand at the microphone.”
哈维·米尔克参事
… Supervisor Harvey Milk.
看 宣传起作用了
Well, publicity’s working.
别勉强自己上去
You don’t have to go up there.
整个国家都在看 我必须上去
The whole nation is watching. I have to go.
我是哈维·米尔克 你们跟我♥干♥吧
My name is Harvey Milk and I’m here to recruit you!
跟我一起干 为了保卫你们的民♥主♥而战!
I want to recruit you for the fight to preserve your democracy!
兄弟姐♥妹♥们♥ 大家走出来吧!
Brothers and sisters, you must come out!
告诉你的父母
Come out to your parents,
告诉你的朋友 如果他们真是你的朋友
come out to your friends, if indeed they are your friends.
告诉你的邻居 告诉你的同事
Come out to your neighbors, come out to your fellow workers.
我们一定要破除神秘
Once and for all, let’s break down the myths
击垮谎言和曲解 一劳永逸
and destroy the lies and distortions.
为了你们 也为了他们
For your sake, for their sake.
为了所有受惊吓的年轻人
For the sake of all the youngsters who’ve been scared
从戴德到尤金的投票把他们吓坏了
by the votes from Dade to Eugene.
在自♥由♥女神像上刻着这么一句话
On the Statue of Liberty, it says,
“把你那疲惫 穷困 渴望自♥由♥的芸芸众生给我!”
” Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to be free. ”
在独♥立♥宣言里写着这么一句话
In the Declaration of Independence it is written,
“人人生而平等 全都被赋予了某些不可转让的权利”
“All men are created equal and endowed with certain inalienable rights. ”
所以说 不论是布里格斯君
So, for Mr. Briggs,
还是布莱恩特女士
and Mrs. Bryant,
以及那些抱有偏见的人
and all the bigots out there,
不管你们怎么努力
no matter how hard you try,
也无法抹除独♥立♥宣言上的句子!
you can never erase those words from the Declaration of Independence!
不管你们怎么努力
No matter how hard you try, you can never chip those words
也无法凿去自♥由♥女神基座上的铭文!
from the base of the Statue of Liberty!
这就是美国!
That is where America is!
要么爱 要么离开!
Love it or leave it!
市长说布里格斯正在往这儿赶 他可以替我们拦住他
Okay, the mayor says Briggs is on his way here and that he could intercept him for us.
可以和他面对面了 – 把媒体找来
We could get him face to face. – Go get the press.
好的
All right.
我见过男的光着身子上大街 也见过女的光着身子来回走
Well, I see naked men walking around, naked women walking around,
虽然不会改变我个人有关裸♥露♥的标准
which doesn’t bother me as far as my personal standards of nudity,
但这不合乎体统 旧金山不应允许游♥行♥
but it’s not proper. It wouldn’t be allowed for any other parade in San Francisco,
同志游♥行♥也不例外
and it should not be allowed for the Gay Parade.
市长先生 我有权利出现在游♥行♥现场
I have a right to be at this parade, Mr. Mayor.
不论是从您的安全角度
I’m afraid it’s not in the interest of your safety,
还是从公众安全角度 我都不能放您进入这种游♥行♥场所
or my public’s safety to let you into these parade grounds.
我是哈维·米尔克 见到你很荣幸 布里格斯先生
I’m Harvey Milk. It’s an honor to meet you, Mr. Briggs.
呃 不用了 我知道了
Yeah, no, I’m aware.
米尔克先生 你不敢跟我在公众面前交锋 真是可悲啊
You know, it’s sad, Mr. Milk, that you’re afraid to fight this out in public.
哦 并非如此
Oh, that’s not true.
我非常乐意与您展开公众辩论
I’d very much like to have a public debate with you.
对您那些观点 愿闻其详
I’m very interested in the details of your argument.
呃 那些…那些细节你都知道
Oh, well, you know, you know the details.
看看全国各地的投票就明白了 公众站在我这边
I mean, just look at the votes across this nation. The public is with me.
目前是这样
They are today.
所以我才想让市长
Which is why with my city’s mayor
及旧金山的媒体人士作证
and the San Francisco press as my witnesses,
我愿与您展开公开辩论
I’d like to challenge you to a public debate.
哦 我想这是同意了
Oh, I think that’s a yes.
米尔克先生 我们不容许那些兽♥性♥已现的人
You know, Mr. Milk, we don’t allow people who practice bestiality
给我们的孩子上课 而且… (核桃溪学校选区 6号♥提案辩论)
to teach our children, and… Excuse me,
之所以不许这么做 是因为这是非法的
and the reason we don’t is because it is illegal.
在加州 同性恋是非法的
It is not illegal to be a homosexual in California.
但你的法案还不止这些
And your law goes even further.
任何支持同志的学校雇员都应被开除
Any school employee who even supports a gay person will be fired.
没错 但同志自己没有孩子
Well, that’s true. But gay people don’t have any children of their own.
如果他们不培养我们的孩子 那这群人就会死绝
And if they don’t recruit our children, they’d all just die away.
知道么? 所以他们对教师这一职业如此感兴趣
You know? And that’s why they’re all so interested in becoming teachers,
因为他们想怂恿我们的孩子一同加入

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!