关于美军舰队动向的报告
any movement of the American fleet.
我们以前的怀疑…
Well, whatever doubts we may have had…
这怀疑我还没有打消呢 日下
Are still with me, Kusaka.
我们没有准确的报告 只有一些看法和估计
We have no definitive intelligence reports, only opinions and estimates.
山本持续的沉默不能把这一切变成事实
And continued silence from Yamamoto does not make them a fact.
将军
Admiral.
源田
Genda.
请原谅
My apologies.
我离开岗位时间太久了
I’ve been away from my duties much too long.
源田 身体怎么样
Genda, how are you?
恢复得很好 足以指挥空战
I’m well enough now to take charge of air operations.
您可以做到的 朋友
And so you shall, my friend. And so you shall.
马上制定一个空中侦察计划
I want you to prepare an air search plan immediately.
侦察哪个区域
For what area, Admiral?
如果我是美军指挥官的话
Where I would deploy my aircraft carriers
可能把他们的航♥空♥母舰布置的位置
if I were the American commander.
这儿 中途岛的东北方
There, northeast of Midway.
乔 这时候我特别想念平原
Times like this, Joe, I miss the flatlands.
外边那么多水
It’s a big body of water out there.
而我来自德克萨斯的草原
I’m just a fellow who came out of a Texas prairie town.
那儿最近的湖也在一百二十哩以外
The nearest lake was 120 miles away.
那湖即使在雨季涨水的时候也可以淌过去
You could wade across it at the height of the rainy season.
夏天我们用湖里的泥烧制陶器
During the summer we made clay pots out of its bottom.
不管发生什么事 乔
No matter what happens, Joe, I want you to know,
这个月你的军饷没白挣
you’ve sure as hell earned your salary this month.
谢谢 长官
Well, thank you, sir.
为了覆盖侦察区域
To cover the area in question,
我们出动”赤木”号♥和”加贺”号♥上的侦察机
we will launch scout planes from the Akagi and the Kaga,
从巡洋舰上出动五架水上飞机
and our cruiser escorts will launch five seaplanes.
很好
Very good.
我们的侦察机在该区域的行动结束前
But until our scouts have searched the area
把最有经验的飞行员和半数的飞机留作储备
we’ll hold our most experienced pilots in reserve and half our aircraft.
可是美国舰队不可能在中途岛附近
But, sir, the American fleet cannot be anywhere near Midway.
我们不能让最好的飞行员看家
We shouldn’t hold back our best pilots.
这个问题我们已经讨论过了
We’ve been over this ground before, Kusaka.
我们必须在首次攻击时取得决定性的胜利
Admiral, our first strike must be decisive.
摧毁敌军的跑道和飞机
Midway’s airstrip and planes must be destroyed in one massive blow.
不然 我们会遭到回击的
Otherwise, we invite a counterstrike.
源田指挥官
Commander Genda?
我同意您的意见
I agree with you, sir.
新飞行员应该加入第一轮攻击
Let our younger pilots fly the first strike.
他们一定会有成绩
I am sure they can do the job.
如果不行我们再作第二轮轰炸
If not, we can always launch a second strike.
我们就这样做
That is how we shall have it.
那个在珍珠港把我们引向胜利的人
Suddenly, the man who led us to victory at Pearl Harbor
一下子谨慎了
is choked by caution.
他嗅觉到外边的危险
He senses danger out there.
我也一样
So do I.
如果他们不打算登陆的话
Admiral, they wouldn’t bring their transports in so close
他们不会靠得那么近
if they didn’t plan to invade damn soon.
进攻中途岛的行动今天开始
CINCPAC’s right. They’re gonna hit Midway today.
对 可是从哪儿呢
Yes, but from where?
他可以从任何一面过来
He could pop out anywhere along the edge of that storm.
他会派侦察机来
And when he does, he’s gonna have his own scout planes out.
我们必须在他发现我们之前找到他
We have to find him before he finds us, sir.
如果他从埋伏的地方攻击我们…
If we’re wrong, if he hits us from the blind side…
为什么您不派侦察机去呢 长官
Why don’t you get some eyes out there, too, sir?
十架飞机足以把北线搞定
About 10 SBDs would cover our northern flank.
好吧
Okay, get them in the air. Aye-aye.
但是不能远过一百哩
But no more than 100 miles out.
如果水上飞机先联♥系♥上
I want to be able to recover them fast,
我马上就要他们回来
in case the PBYs make contact first.
是 长官
Yes, sir.
没问题吧
You okay?
没有 这儿
Yeah. Here.
那些可怜的家伙们要错过好玩的时候了
Those poor bastards are gonna miss all the fun.
北边除了大海什么也没有
There’s nothing north of us but empty ocean.
他的消息直接从东京玫瑰那里来 对吗”小辣椒”
He gets his dope straight from Tokyo Rose. Right, Chili Bean?
不 从这儿
Wrong, caballo. I get it from here.
是的
Yeah.
如果我的头发竖起来了 那么日本人就在附近
When it bristles there’s Japs around.
你是个疯子
You crazy airdale!
早安 舰长
Morning, Captain.
让你们睡觉
You guy are supposed to be sacked out.
你们在这儿干什么
What the hell are you doing here?
我们睡不着
We tried, Captain, we couldn’t sleep.
我知道 不过还是努力睡睡吧 明天会很累的
Yeah, I know, but let’s get below and try. We got a heavy day ahead.
是 长官
Yes, sir.
天气预报很有利
Excellent weather forecast, sir.
一个七百米厚的云层遮盖
We’ve got broken cloud cover up to 2,000 feet
使敌人的侦察机看不到我们
to conceal us from enemy scout planes,
而我们的飞行员在云层上
and above 2,000, unlimited visibility
可以一直飞到中途岛
straight into Midway for our flyers.
让飞机起飞吧
Commence launching.
巡洋舰上的飞机除了一架以外都在空中
Sir, all scout planes from our cruisers are in the air, except one.
它的弹射装置有问题
The Tone is having catapult problems, Admiral.
四号♥侦察机起飞晚了
They’ll be delayed in getting Scout 4 launched.
晚了多少
How long?
半小时 将军
Half an hour, sir.
如果美军出现的话
Sir, in case the Americans should suddenly appear,
我建议等第一轮飞机升空以后
I suggest the second flight wave be brought on deck
第二轮马上就在甲板上就位
as soon as the first wave is clear.
让它们携带鱼雷
Armed with torpedoes
来攻击敌方航♥空♥母舰
to deal with the enemy carriers, Commander?
是的 用我们的和”加贺”号♥上的飞机
Yes. Our planes and the Kaga’s.
“曾柳”和”飞龙”号♥上的飞机
Soryu and Hiryu’s planes can stand by with bombs
可以携带轰炸中途岛的炸♥弹♥待命
in case they’re needed over Midway.
发布命令
Give the order.
是
Yes, sir.
现在一切都取决于我们的攻击行动指挥官了
Well, now it’s up to our strike leader.
友永是最佳人选
Tomonaga is the best we’ve got.
哎呦
Howie?
日本全部海军都在这儿了
It’s the whole damn Jap navy!
发报员 给中途岛发报
Radio, raise Midway.
内容”敌军航♥空♥母舰”
Send, “Enemy carriers.”
敌机在三点钟方向 中尉
Bandits three o’clock, Lieutenant.
那是日本的战斗机
Yeah, we got them. It’s Jap fighter cover.
我们躲在云里
Okay, let’s duck into the clouds
飞到后面近距离观察
and come in behind for a closer look.
将军
Admiral.
“敌军航♥空♥母舰”就这些
Enemy carriers? You mean that’s all?
草莓五号♥再没有说别的
That’s all he said, sir. It’s Strawberry 5.
此后我们就失去了联♥系♥
We haven’t heard from him since.
将军
Admiral.
按正常的航线
If he was on course and on schedule,
它应该在这个位置发现了敌人 距离二百五十哩
he made the contact about here, 250 miles out.
通知斯普伦斯
You better signal that to Spruance.
是 长官
Aye-aye, sir.
是草莓五号♥吗
You damn certain that was Strawberry 5 you heard?
肯定
Positive, Skipper, it was their call letters.
我们离那个联♥系♥点有多远
Well, how far are we from that contact point?
我们比计划晚了十五分钟
We’re about 15 minutes behind schedule.
敌机圣母玛丽亚 好几百架
Bandits! Bandits! Sweet mother of God, hundreds of them!
在哪儿
Where, damn it? Where?
四…不 五点钟
Four… No, no. Five, five o’clock!
我的上帝
Jesus!
比利 发电报”很多飞机 方向中途岛”
Billy, send in the clear. “Many planes heading Midway.”
可以肯定吗
Are you certain?
好 只要你有什么新消息 就马上告诉我们
All right, just let us know the second you get anything else.
没有别的 将军
Nothing more, Admiral.