We just haven’t any future, Tom.
我就知道是因为那个原因
I figured that’s what it was.
不行
We don’t.
根本不行 走吧
We really don’t. I wish you’d go now.
我不再爱你了 那是一个错误
I don’t love you anymore. It was a mistake.
你面对我说这句话
Say it to my face.
面对着我说见鬼
Say it to my face, God damn it!
一切都会好的
It’ll be okay.
他妈的 永远是等待
Shit. Wait and see.
一九一九年海军就在海地附近训练俯冲轰炸
1919 the Marines were practicing dive-bombing off Haiti, right?
当时大家都说 时机还不成熟 再等等看吧
Everybody said, “Well, premature, better wait and see.”
我们是等了 可是德国人三七年在马德里给我们颜色看了
We waited, then the Germans showed us in ’37 in Madrid.
你是说像珍珠港一样
You mean like at Pearl Harbor?
见鬼 珍珠港
Pearl Harbor, shit!
32 33年就证实了
Pearl Harbor in ’32 and ’33, Jocko Clark’s squadrons proved
可以从空中有效地袭击珍珠港
that Pearl Harbor could be attacked successfully from the air.
拉姆基将军早就预言过这种事情会发生
And Admiral Logan Ramsey said, predicted, it would happen in detail.
什么时候
When was that?
一九三七年 伙计
In 1937, pal.
等啊…我们等了 最后 十二月七日 我们看到了等待的结果
Wait and see. We waited. December the 7th, we saw.
那些等着瞧的人总是把事情搞得一团糟
The wait-and-seers will bust your ass every time.
为这个干杯
I’ll drink to that.
我要…
Bet your…
你来这儿多久了
How long you been down here?
反正你这番唠叨我已经听够了 你应该去广播电台
Long enough to hear your lecture, buddy. You ought to go on the radio.
你好吗
How the hell are you? I’m all right.
好 我在庆祝我的生日 就这样
Well, I’m celebrating my birthday. That’s how I am.
每个人一年都过一次生日
That’s a problem we all have once a year.
是的
Yeah.
上帝 现在我的儿子都在你的飞行大队里
My God, now you got my kid flying for you.
小伙子表现怎么样
Hey, how’s the boy doing?
很好
Just fine.
是个好飞行员
He’s a good pilot. Got him checked out in the F4Fs.
我在F-4F上教练他 马上就可以独♥立♥执行任务了
He’ll be shipping out any day now.
你的话是有分量的
Coming from you that means a lot.
他是个天生的飞行员
No, no. He’s a good man, he’s a natural pilot,
态度端正是个神射手
he’s got good attitude, good marksman.
他的薄弱点是不善于
I would say that if Tom has any deficiency it would have to be in…
识别敌人
Enemy identification.
靠跟敌人亲嘴是不能赢得战争的
Boy’s got to learn, Matt,you do not win a war by kissing the enemy.
上帝…
Oh, for Christ’s sake…
大家都知道 他给整个中队都讲了
Hell, everybody knows it. He told the whole goddamn squadron.
我觉得她是一个可爱的姑娘
Yeah, I met her. She seems like a nice girl.
蝴蝶夫人也可爱
Well, so was Madame Butterfly a nice girl.
他们俩之间出了点儿小矛盾
She’s having a little trouble with it right now.
我们也有我们的麻烦
Well, we have a little problem forgetting December 7th, don’t we?
我得走了
I got to shove off.
听说你要跟”约克顿”号♥走
Scuttlebutt says you’re going out on the Yorktown. Is that right?
是的
Yeah, that’s right.
当心你的脑袋
Listen, keep your dumb ass out of drafts.
我会当心的 伙计
Yeah, I’ll try, buddy.
谢谢你关照我的儿子 我很感激
Hey, thanks for keeping an eye on my boy. I appreciate it.
他会一切顺利的 马特
He’ll be fine, Matt.
汤姆
Tom!
爸爸 谢谢你抽时间来给我送行
Nice of you to take the time to see me off, Dad.
下个星期才轮到你们中队
But your squadron isn’t due to ship out for a week.
怎么你现在就上船
What are you doing reporting aboard with this group?
您感到惊奇吗 长官
Are you trying to tell me that you’re surprised, sir?
你的朋友急着把我调过来了
Your old buddy Jessop couldn’t wait to have me transferred.
-我怎么一点也不知道呢 -别装了
Well, I didn’t know anything… Like hell you didn’t!
你不就希望我离开这儿 免得我做蠢事吗
You wanted me shipped out, to stop me from doing something stupid.
就像尝试阻止我的女孩去一个营地
Like try to keep my girl from going to a camp.
汤姆
Tom…
你的朋友杰索普帮了你个忙
So your old buddy Jessop obliged.
我一点也不知道
I knew absolutely nothing about this.
我现在得上船了 长官
I have to report aboard now, sir.
海军情报处
好的 长官
Okay, sir.
噶尔斯上校来了
Captain Garth is here, sir.
太好了
Oh, great. Matt.
进来 马特 你好吗
Come on in here. How the hell are you? Huh?
哈利
Harry.
我想做一件事
I’m gonna do something I do not do,
从安娜波利斯起就没做过的事
at least not since we were in Annapolis.
我想请你帮个忙
I’m gonna ask you to do me a favor.
只管说 我还欠你好多情呢
Oh, hell, ask away! Lord knows I owe you a few.
这是一份情报局关于敌方移♥民♥的报告
This is one of the Bureau’s enemy alien reports.
你从哪儿弄到的
Where did you get this?
别问
Don’t ask.
我查得出来
Matt, I could find out.
别这么做 哈利
Don’t, Harry.
在这份报告里有所有关于…
I’ve read the report. It’s everything the Bureau’s got…
一个日本女人
A Japanese?
…关于一个美国公民 佐仓春子和她父母的报告
…on an American citizen named Haruko Sakura and her parents.
我觉得他们没什么问题 但是我不是干♥你♥这行的
They look okay to me, but, of course, I’m not in your business.
听起来可不是这样
Well, it sounds as though you are.
哈利 我想你最好亲自调查一下
Harry, I’d like you to investigate this personally.
他们下个星期会被送回大♥陆♥去
These people are being sent back to the mainland next week.
如果他们没有问题 而且我敢打赌 他们是清白的
If they’re clean, and I’m betting they are,
那么应该取消这个决定
I want that shipment canceled.
马特 你也管得太多了
Matt, come on, you’re way out of line with this.
这不关你的事 这是在干涉别人的工作
This is not your department! This is tampering!
好吧 怎么回事
All right, what have we got here?
你跟他们有什么关系
What are these people to you?
那个姑娘也许有一天会成为我的儿媳
Someday, the girl may be my daughter-in-law.
你为私事
Look, this is not only tampering.You are pressuring a superior officer
逼我做非法的事情
to take improper action because of personal reasons.
非法的事情 我的天
Improper action, hell! Harry.
他们对国♥家♥安♥全♥的威胁也不比
I read what’s in there.
你那只杂种狗大
These people are no more a threat to national security than your pet Airedale.
我会报告你的要求
All right, I’ll have to report this request of yours.
这个会记到你的档案里
It’ll go into your record.
这不是为了我
It’s not for me.
我不会为了自己的事情来求你
Wouldn’t ask you for myself, you know that.
这是为了我的儿子
For my kid, I’m asking you.
我的上帝 哈利 我求求你
Jesus Christ, Harry! I’m begging you!
好吧 我去调查
All right, I’ll investigate it.
谢谢 哈利
Thanks, Harry.
还有 上校…
And, Captain…
这下老账都还清了
This’ll wash it with us.
以后谁也不欠谁了
We’re even.
是 长官
Aye-aye, sir.
上校
Captain?
谢谢 科波尔
Thank you, Corporal.
长官 我来报到
Reporting as ordered, sir.
原谅我让士兵去传你
I’m sorry to send the Marines after you, Tom,
可我捎的信你一封也没有回答
but you didn’t answer any of my messages.
我们之间没什么好谈的 上校
I didn’t feel we had anything to talk about, Captain.
别拿大兵的腔调
You can cut out that midshipman crap, too.
你在跟你老子说话
You’re talking to your old man.
我尽力吧
I’ll try to remember that.
我想跟你把有些事情说清
Look, for whatever it’s worth,I’d like to set the record straight.
离开珍珠港前
Before we left Pearl,
我为春子和她父母的事亲自出马
I personally vouched for both Haruko and her parents.
这事我做得出了格
I went out on a limb for them, way out.
我不知道能起多大作用
‘Course, I don’t know what weight it’ll carry, but…
不过我已经尽了自己最大努力
Well, there it is.
谢谢
Thanks.
还有一点
Oh, one thing more.
我没让你的上司做什么
I didn’t ask your CO to have you shipped out.
可你跟他说了话 对吗
You spoke to him, didn’t you?