When they get up enough nerve to come in here, you mean.
我知道 我是个混账的病人
I know, I know, I’m a son of a bitch of a patient.
可偏偏得了个皮肤病
But a skin disease!
什么糟糕的事不比这个好
Of all the stupid, useless things to get laid up with!
我要发疯了 我的脑子都不转了
It’s driving me nuts. I can’t even think right.
我们没多少时间了
Bill, I haven’t much time.
弗列舍把”约克顿”号♥开进船坞
Fletcher’s docking the Yorktown right now,
我必须做出决定
and I gotta make some hard decisions.
你提个代替你的人吧
I’d like you to recommend your own replacement.
瑞·斯普伦斯
Ray Spruance.
我知道他比很多军官的军龄短
I know. I know he’s junior to a lot of other flag officers
也没上过航♥空♥母舰 不过
and he never served a day on a carrier.
他非常了解航♥空♥母舰的战术
But, Chet, he knows carrier tactics.
是你问我的意见的
Well, you asked for my recommendation.
我可以想象华盛顿方面会怎样反应
I can just picture Washington’s reaction
若我把”大黄蜂”号♥和”开拓者”号♥交给一个巡洋舰舰长指挥
if I hand over the Enterprise and Hornet to a cruiser skipper.
特别是我执意进军中途岛的事
Especially after all the static I’ve been getting
已经引起不快了
about going out looking for the Japanese at Midway.
你曾经对我说 如果你在指挥官的位置上 那你就指挥吧
You told me once, Chet, “When you’re in command, command.”
弗列舍将军来了 长官
Admiral Fletcher, sir.
早安 将军
Reporting as ordered, sir.
欢迎 也祝贺你把重伤的航♥空♥母舰平安地带了回来
Welcome home, Jack. And congratulations on bringing your cripple in.
我们很走运
Well, we got lucky.
我们没有多少时间 长话短说吧
We haven’t much time, so I’ll give it to you fast.
哈尔西住院了
Halsey’s beached, in the hospital.
一时不能上战场
Won’t be leaving for a while.
我必须再派你出去
I’m sending you out again, Jack, in 72 hours.
请你七十二小时以后准备出征
Back to sea, full combat readiness.
不可能
But, Chet, that’s impossible!
“约克顿”号♥修好至少要三个月
It’ll be at least three months before the Yorktown’s back in full commission.
斯普伦斯代替哈尔西
I’m giving Ray Spruance Halsey’s command.
他明天跟”大黄蜂”号♥和”开拓者”号♥出发
He’ll be taking the Enterprise and Hornet to sea tomorrow.
你在四十八小时以后动身
You’ll follow him 48 hours later.
斯普伦斯是巡洋舰的指挥官
Ray Spruance is a cruiser commander.
他熟知航♥空♥母舰的战术
He knows carrier tactics.
可他不会飞行
Yeah, but he can’t fly.
你也不会
Neither can you.
明天以前他也学不会 对吗
And he sure as hell can’t learn by tomorrow, can he, Jack?
对
No.
祝贺你 瑞
Congratulations, Ray.
我还没清醒过来呢
Well, I’m still in a state of shock.
很高兴见到你 马特 手怎么样
Nice seeing you again, Matt. How’s the hand?
好些了
Coming fine, now, sir. Good.
珊瑚海上真是少了你
We could have used you at Coral Sea. Thank you, sir.
他作为航♥空♥指挥官
You’ve got him for this one, Jack.
上”约克顿”号♥
He’s going out with you on the Yorktown to join your air operation staff.
好
Good.
这是敌人迄今调遣的最大的兵力
This time, we’re up against the biggest force the enemy has ever sortied,
二百多艘舰艇
more than 200 ships.
以四比一的力量超过我们
Got a four-to-one supremacy over us.
山本亲自坐镇
Yamamoto himself is commanding.
我们知道他什么时候从哪里来的
We know when and from where each unit sailed.
我们知道他们最初的航线
We know their original courses,
但我们不知道他们在哪里集结
but we don’t know where they’ll rendezvous
还有什么变化 什么时候动手
or what changes they will make or when they’ll strike.
我估计他们会从西北方向进攻
My best guess is they’ll hit Midway from the northwest,
可是我们没有情报来证明
but there’s no intelligence to support that.
瑞 假如这不是一个巧妙的佯攻
Ray, assuming what you see here isn’t just an elaborate ruse,
华盛顿方面认为这是佯攻 可是如果他们的判断是错误的
Washington thinks it is, but assuming they’re wrong,
你认为下步棋该怎么走
what counter moves do you suggest?
我会把我的航♥空♥母舰放在中途岛的东北某处
I’d take my carriers up here to a point northeast of Midway,
在那里等候南云的航♥空♥母舰
lie there and wait for Nagumo’s carriers.
为什么不向西北行驶 从正面打击敌人呢
Why not head northwest, hit them head-on?
如果华盛顿方面的判断正确呢
You know, there’s just a chance that Washington may be right.
你认为夏威夷和西海岸会成为主要攻击目标
You think Hawaii and the West Coast could be the real target?
只要我能截断他们东进的路
Well, it really doesn’t matter,provided I’m in a position to cut them off,
就不管他们有何打算
if they do move east.
如果中途岛是他们的目标 我就会从埋伏处出击
If it’s Midway, I’ll bushwhack them.
好 杰克 你担任总指挥
All right. Jack, you’re senior.
你们两位辅佐
You’ll take overall command when you two join up.
是 将军
Yes, sir.
“约克顿”号♥七十二小时后入海
The Yorktown will be at sea in less than 72 hours.
我不需要再强调
I don’t need to dwell on the fact that
山本在各方面都强过我们
Yamamoto outweighs us in every department.
我们的三艘航♥空♥母舰和护航舰艇
Our three carriers and their escorts
在敌人的舰队和美国海岸之间
are all that stands between the enemy fleet and the American coastline.
好吧 给我们的集结点起个什么代号♥
Now, about your point of rendezvous, what should we call it?
“幸运集结点”
Point Luck.
将军
Sir.
听起来像是祈祷 瓦德伦先生 不过非常贴切
Sounds like a prayer, Mr. Wold, but it’s damned appropriate.
他妈的… 护士
Son of a bitch! Nurse!
瑞
Ray.
你好 比尔
Hi, Bill.
刚想叫护士找人把那棵树给砍了
Just about to call the nurse to try to get somebody to cut that tree down.
它挡着我看港口的视线
It spoils my view of the boatyard.
好吗
Well, how you feeling?
我睡不着觉 吃不下饭
I can’t sleep. I can’t eat.
一天二十四小时都在挠痒
Just sit around scratching myself, 24 hours a day.
你用过燕麦糊洗澡吗
Did you ever try an oatmeal water bath?
最好别试
Don’t.
感谢你推荐我代替你
I want to thank you for recommending me to take your task force to sea.
我有个问题
Now, I have a question for you.
你的脑袋里是不是也发痒了
Did that itch go to your head?
别小看你自己
Stop underestimating yourself, Ray.
谁能领我的航♥空♥母舰 巡洋舰 驱逐舰
Any skipper who can keep his cruisers and destroyers alongside of my carriers
穿过太平洋
from one end of the Pacific to the other
谁就胜任这个职务
is definitely the man for the job.
你知道 你和我…
You know, you and I are… Well, you know, we’re kind of…
我们俩不太一样
Bill, we’re kind of different.
你相信我会做得和你一样好
Do you think I can pull it off the same way you could have?
瑞 我只有一句话
I can only tell you this, Ray.
你觉得怎么对就怎么做
You play it the way you feel it,
别去想我会怎么做
not the way you think I’d play it.
找到山本 狠狠揍他的屁♥股♥
You go to sea, find Yamamoto and chew his ass.
这就是你要做的事
Now, that’s all there is to it.
好的
Right.
老天爷 你要被传染吗
Christ, no! You want to catch this?
你要我们因此输掉这场战争吗
You want us to lose the goddamn war?
还有…
Oh, by the way,
我找个人给你把那棵树砍了
I’ll have somebody cut down that tree for you.
好
Yeah.
在执行29/42行动计划的时候
In carrying out the task assigned in Op Plan 29-42,
“开拓者”号♥和”大黄蜂”号♥
the Enterprise and Hornet will be governed
要冒一定的风险
by the principle of calculated risk,
也就是说
which you’ll interpret to mean the avoidance of exposure of your force
它们必须只有在能够
to attack by superior enemy forces
给敌人以更大的创伤时
without good prospect of inflicting as a result of such exposure
才跟比它们强大许多的敌人交锋
greater damage to the enemy.
将军 三个锅炉出了故障
Sir, three of the boilers are out of commission.
船坞负责人说他至少还需要两天才能修好
The yard manager says he’s gonna need another two days.
我要求他们明天早上六点结束工作
Delaney, I expect the yard to finish the job by 0600 tomorrow.
是 长官
Aye-aye, sir.
锅炉的事情让我很抱歉
Sorry about your boiler, Jack.
不过如果你七点钟启航
But if you clear Pearl by 0700
你就能及时与”开拓者”号♥ 和”大黄蜂”号♥会合
you make your rendezvous with Enterprise and Hornet before Yamamoto hits Midway.
同意
Agreed.
祝你出师顺利
Good luck, good hunting.
谢谢
Thank you, sir.
也祝你顺利 马特 我们不久就会在这里重逢
You too, Matt. See you back here soon.
是 长官
Aye-aye, sir.
汤姆 我们的事没有前景