and the only appreciable landmass
就是中途岛
he could have overflown at the time was Midway.

Joe!
我知道我的话证据不足
I know it’s thin.
证据不足简直是难以置信
Thin? Damn near invisible!
但是我有办法证实它 长官
But I figured out a way to confirm it, sir.
如果您把这个送到中途岛
If you’ll have this flown to Midway.
这是个假报告
It’s a fake message, Admiral,
报告说中途岛的净♥水♥器♥坏掉了
reporting that Midway’s freshwater condenser’s broken down.
这个报告一定要清楚地发出来
Now, it should be transmitted in the clear,
好让日本人破获
so there can’t be any question about Japanese operators getting every word of it.
指示中途岛方面
Instruct Midway to include that
明天把这条消息纳入日常报告中
in their housekeeping traffic tomorrow.
是 长官
Aye-aye, sir.
马上把它发出去
Send this right away.
嘿 长官 这是什么
Hey, Chief! What’s this?
我们的净♥水♥器♥一点儿问题也没有
There ain’t nothing wrong with our freshwater condenser!
我刚去过那儿
I was just over there.
多布斯基 叫你发你就发
Dombrowski, send it.
这儿的炎热让大家脑子都发昏了
Christ, I think the goddamn heat’s getting to everybody here.
把这个报告编码 然后发到总部
Have this intercept coded and transmitted to fleet headquarters!
将军 他们上钩了
They took the bait, Admiral.
罗彻弗刚破译
Rochefort’s just decoded a transmission from Kwajalein
山本总部的电报
to Yamamoto’s fleet headquarters.
“A-F的净♥水♥器♥发生故障”
Reads, “AF is having trouble with its freshwater condenser.”
A-F一定是中途岛
AF has to be Midway Island.
您明早五点到我办公室来
Be at my office at 0500, Matt.
我要召集参谋部开会
I’m calling in the whole staff.
是 长官
Aye-aye, sir.
我认为这场战役应该这么打
This is how I expect the battle to develop.
细萱的北翼联军
The northern force, under Admiral Hosogaya, will strike here
佯攻阿留申群岛
in the Aleutians as a diversion.
引开尼米兹对我们主要目标的注意力
To keep Nimitz’s attention away from our main objective.
他知道中途岛是我们真正的目标的时候
He will not realize our objective is Midway
是南云将军的航♥空♥母舰 二十四小时后向该岛发动攻击
until 24 hours later, when Admiral Nagumo’s carriers strike the island
摧毁美军的飞机和炮兵阵地的时候
and destroy the American planes and shore batteries.
此刻 您的进攻部队进入战斗 近藤
At that hour you move in, Kondo, with your invasion forces.
尼米兹那时候必须做出选择
Nimitz will be forced to respond.
他只能放弃舰队的一部分
He will have to commit the balance of his fleet,
起码是航♥空♥母舰 来对付我军的进攻
most certainly his carriers, to repel the invasion.
指挥航♥空♥母舰的人肯定是哈尔西将军
His carrier commander will undoubtedly be Admiral Halsey.
我对其人和其战术进行了仔细研究
I have studied his tactics and I have studied the man.
哈尔西勇敢 坚强
Halsey is courageous, tough-minded
敢于冒险
and not afraid to take risks,
不过 我们让这些美德变成他的陷阱
but these strengths, we will turn against him.
哈尔西的舰队
It will take Halsey’s task force
至少需要 四十小时才能赶到中途岛
at least 48 hours to reach Midway.
那时候您已经拿下了中途岛
By that time, Admiral Nagumo,
并且在那里等候他了
you’ll have crushed Midway and be waiting for him.
您的地位有利
You’ll have the advantage of position,
在航♥空♥母舰的力量上与敌人是二比一
and at least a two-to-one superiority in carriers,
其他舰只也是他们的四到五倍
and four to five times the number of screening vessels.
前提是我们进攻时
All of this is based on the assumption that the American fleet
美国的舰队在夏威夷
will still be guarding the Hawaiian Islands when we make our strike.
尼米兹受了创伤 处防守地位
Nimitz is crippled and on the defensive.
只能把他剩下的力量
He must deploy his remaining strength
集中在重要的基地
around his most valuable Pacific base.
我赞成南云将军的意见
I agree with Admiral Nagumo, sir.
我们必须确定敌人舰队的位置
We must make certain where the enemy fleet is.
我建议 二十九日派遣两架水上飞机
May I propose that on the 29th, we send two flying boats
飞往弗莱格特寿尔斯
from Kwajalein to French Frigate Shoals.
从潜艇上给它们加油以后
We fuel them by tanker submarine
再让它们三十日飞往珍珠港
and fly them to Pearl Harbor on the 30th.
它们向我们报告 美军的舰队是否还在那里
Let them report whether or not the American fleet is actually there.
一个十分明智的预防措施
A very wise precaution indeed.
我们叫它”K行动”
We will call it Operation K.
还有什么其他的建议吗
Does anyone have any other thoughts?

Yes.
我们可以取得重大胜利
We can achieve a great victory,
前提是尼米兹和哈尔西像您期待的那样行动
providing Nimitz and Halsey do exactly what you expect.
“开拓者”号♥和”大黄蜂”号♥在日落时到达
The Enterprise and the Hornet are due in the harbor by sundown, sir.
哈尔西将军舰队的其余军舰
The rest of Admiral Halsey’s task force
应该在明天清晨时分到达
should be in sometime by the morning.
“约克顿”号♥的损坏程度
It’s the Yorktown we’re worried about.
比我们想象的严重
She’s more severely damaged than we thought.
什么时候可以把它引上船坞
How soon can we expect to dry-dock her?
最晚十七号♥
By the 17th,
如果日本人没有发现它留下的油迹的话
if a Jap sub doesn’t spot the oil she’s trailing and track her down.
弗列舍将军刚发过来一份修理清单
Admiral Fletcher just radioed in his repair list.
让船厂
Call the yard commander,
把能找到的人都找来修理
tell him I want every workman he can muster standing by to board her.
从华盛顿来的神射手刚着陆
That sharpshooter from Washington has just landed, sir.
他三十分钟以后就到
Be here in 30 minutes.
他们派了谁来
Who did they send?
本杰明·马道克斯上校
Captain Vinton Maddox.
马道克斯
Maddox.
他是个能人
He’s a goddamn scalp hunter.
叫人把所有的情况都介绍给他 把噶尔斯上校叫来
See that he’s thoroughly briefed, get Captain Garth over here.
是 长官
Aye-aye, sir.
将军 为什么您不让我来做这件事
Admiral, why don’t you let me handle it?
不 他应该有他的机会 请您通知大家
No, he’s entitled to a crack at me. Phone that in.
发射器修好了没有
You tested those electric arming switches?
没有 还有问题
No, we still got some damn snafu in the circuitry.
要么保证不出问题
You get them all working and I mean 100%, Commander,
要么根本不用
or I want them ripped out of every SBD in the squadron.
清楚吗
Is that clear?
是 长官
Yes, sir.
动手吧
Get to it.
对不起 这个时候把你从床上叫起来
Sorry to drag you out of bed at this hour, Tom,
不过这是唯一跟你说话的机会
but it may be the only chance we’ll get to talk for a few days.
没事 报告拿来了吗
It’s okay. Did you get the reports?
拿来了
Yup.
我已经看了
I’ve already read it.
你知道你的女朋友是
Did you know your girl belonged
那个日本爱国组织的成员吗
to those Japanese patriotic organizations?
我从杂♥志♥上看到有关的报道
I saw some magazines around the apartment,
但我不知道那是宣传
but I thought it was propaganda.
司法部认为这是很危险的
Well, the Attorney General’s office says it’s subversive.
联邦调查局也不相信她解释
And the FBI doesn’t think she’s telling the truth
她为何突然出现在珍珠港的理由
about why she suddenly showed up here in Pearl either.
我想你不应该责怪他们
I guess you can’t blame them for that.
当然应该 我一定要把这件事情查清
Sure I can! And I can sure as hell straighten them out, too.
冷静一下 让我来处理这件事
Look, mister, why don’t you cool down and let me handle this?
我没有时间跟你瞎扯
Tom, I don’t have a lot of time to fool around here.
要我的帮助还是不要
You asked me to help you. Do you want me to or not?
我没有别的选择 不是吗 长官
Well, I guess, I don’t really have any alternative, do I, sir?
我也这么认为
I guess you don’t.
马道克斯上校 尼米兹将军
Captain Maddox, Admiral Nimitz.
见到您很高兴 长官
Great pleasure, sir.
我们直接开始好吗
Shall we get right to it, Captain?
好的 将军
Certainly, Admiral.
您一定知道华盛顿对
I’m sure you’re aware of Washington’s opinion
攻击中途岛的看法吧
about this Midway invasion business.
是的 人们认为这是敌人的诡计
Yes. They think it’s an enemy ruse.
一个非常巧妙的花招 长官
An elaborate phoney, sir.
说下去
Go on.
我们能不能单独谈一下
Could we speak in private?
如果您需要的话…
If you’d feel more comfortable.
多谢
Thank you.
您的情报人员
Admiral, these enemy radio intercepts
截获的电报…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!