Sorry I missed the call.
我想 你妈妈去了
I guess your mother was there.
是的
Yeah.
她好吗
How is she?
她从离婚的痛苦中解脱出来了
Recovered from the divorce, I guess.
那就好
Oh, that’s good.
我曾经希望我们…
I was hoping maybe we could…
爸爸…
Dad…
我爱上了一个日本姑娘
I’ve fallen in love with a Japanese girl.
我要跟她结婚
I want to marry her.
我需要你的帮助
I need your help.
我相信你需要 小子
I damn well guess you do, tiger.
她被关在这里
She’s been arrested here in Honolulu.
你多大的本事
How the hell did you manage that?
你在圣地亚哥受训
Training in San Diego and getting mixed up
怎么会跟檀香山的一个日本女人勾搭上了
with a Japanese girl here in Honolulu?
她在圣地亚哥上大学
She was a student at San Diego State. I met her there.
那怎么又被关在这儿
Wait a minute. She was arrested here in Honolulu?
她父母在这儿生活
Her parents live here.
她来征求父母的同意 好跟我结婚
She wouldn’t marry me without their consent, so she came out to see them.
联邦调查局得到关于她家庭的情报
Apparently, the FBI has some sort of information on her folks,
她也一起被捕了
so the Army picked her up, too.
好像合乎情理
Well, that figures.
春子出生在这里
Haruko was born here.
她像你和我一样忠于国家
She’s as loyal as either you or me.
我立刻赶到他们被关押的地方
Anyway,the minute I got in, I went off to see where they’re being held.
可是她不愿意见我
She wouldn’t see me.
为什么
Why not?
我不知道
I don’t know.
我得到消息
But I did find out that she and her parents are gonna be sent back
几天后她和父母将被送往大♥陆♥
to the mainland in a few days.
我和一个日本人结婚让你厌恶
Sticks in your throat, doesn’t it,my wanting to marry a Japanese girl?
厌恶你用不着给我扣种族主义的帽子
Sticks in your… Look, don’t give me any of that racial bigot crap.
你那姑娘是什么肤色我无所谓
I don’t care what color your girl is.
问题不在这儿
That’s not the point…
老天爷…
Christ Almighty!
珍珠港事件刚过去六个月 你选的时间真不好
Six months after Pearl Harbor. Boy, you have one lousy sense of timing.
她叫什么名字 我想法找来
What’s her name?
联邦调查局有关她的材料
I’ll see if I can get hold of the FBI report on her.
我把她的名字给你写下来了 她叫佐仓春子
I wrote it down for you. Haruko Sakura.
不过你得向我保证一点
But promise me one thing,
在我了解到情况之前不要做任何蠢事
just don’t do anything stupid till I see what I can get hold of on this, huh?
一言为定
That’s a deal.
这个计划不但没用
In my opinion, this entire plan is not only unnecessary,
而且是注定要失败的
but doomed to fail.
近藤将军M-I行动是由我们最有谋略的军事家设计的
Admiral Kondo, Operation M-I has been conceived by our most brilliant strategist.
我们大家都知道黑岛上校的天赋和声誉
We are all aware of Captain Kuroshima’s authorship, Commander, and his reputation.
不过这次战神的安排却险象环生
But this time, the God of operations has conceived a monster.
您可以说明一下吗
Would you please explain, sir?
我的进攻部队如何在中途岛登陆
How am I expected to land my invasion forces on Midway,
如果敌军机场和炮兵阵地没被制♥服♥
unless the enemy airfields and shore batteries have been neutralized?
南云将军刚刚说过
Sir, you’ve heard Admiral Nagumo say that his carriers
他的航♥空♥母舰将毁灭美军的防御力量
will obliterate the American defenses at Midway.
敌军陆地起飞的轰炸机的航程
The enemy’s land-based bombers
至少是四百哩
have a range of at least 400 miles more
超过南云航♥空♥母舰飞机的航程
than Nagumo’s carrier planes.
他的舰队
His ships would be blown out of the sea
在发动攻击之前就被消灭了
before he could launch his attack.
我在夏威夷毁灭美军舰队的时候
I took my carriers to Hawaii, where the risk was far greater
冒的风险比现在还要大
and destroyed the American fleet.
那时候敌人地面起飞的轰炸机去哪了
Where were the enemy land-based bombers then?
那是一场
That was then, Nagumo, not now.
使用突击队的闪电战
A surprise attack with a carrier task force is one thing.
这场战役打的是中途岛和阿留申群岛
But this, a strike against Midway and the Aleutians
我们面对二百艘军舰和十万军队
with 200 ships and 100,000 men.
细萱
Does the idea of taking the Aleutians
攻打阿留申群岛的计划让您担心吗
cause you any concern, Hosogaya?
不
No, sir.
但是 如此庞大的行动
But an operation so large, so complex,
需要时间准备
I’d like more time to study it.
而且 几小时以后
After all, in a matter of hours,
我们在珊瑚海上的攻击就要开始了
our Coral Sea operation will be starting.
我们的兵力足够打这两场战役
We have sufficient forces for both.
我倾向近藤将军和细萱将军的意见
I tend to agree with Admirals Kondo and Hosogaya, sir.
我建议 珊瑚海战役以后我们再谈
May I suggest we meet again after the Coral Sea campaign?
好的
Very well.
请各位考虑这一点
Meanwhile, gentlemen, please consider this,
美军的力量还很薄弱
the Americans are still unprepared and outnumbered.
如果我们将他们的航♥空♥母舰诱入一场战斗
If their fleet, particularly their aircraft carriers,
来打败他们
can be lured into battle and defeated,
那么他们在太平洋就没有什么值得一提的海军力量了
they will then have no significant naval force left in the Pacific.
那时候他们就只好求和了
They will be compelled to sue for peace.
我去过美国很多地方 朋友们
I have traveled widely in America, my friends.
他们的工业令人仰慕
Their industrial might is awesome.
我们唯一争取胜利的机会
I’m convinced our only hope for victory
就是在中途岛的一场大战
is one massive strike at Midway.
乔 你的紧急情报真不能等吗
Say, Joe, what about this hot information of yours? You sure it can’t wait?
我也有东西要交给头儿
I already got one headache for the boss.
我认为我的情报很紧急
I consider this urgent.
你关于珊瑚海的报告是对的
And you were right about Coral Sea.
日本人就在那里
That’s where the Japs were, all right.
你单子上的每一艘船都去了
Every ship on your list was there.
我们受到损失了吗
Did we get hurt?
是啊
We got hurt.
欢迎您 将军 旅途顺利吗
Welcome home, Admiral. How was your flight?
漫长而又颠簸
Long and strewn with potholes.
收到弗列舍从珊瑚海发来的报告吗
Got Fletcher’s Coral Sea report?
在这儿 将军
Right here, sir.
好的
Right.
坐后边吧 乔 等着我给你暗示
Get in the back, Joe. But wait till I cue you in.
这是弗列舍将军的初步报告
Here’s Admiral Fletcher’s preliminary report, sir.
我们丢掉了”列克星顿”号♥
We lost the Lexington.
敌人呢
What did we do to the enemy?
我们击沉了一艘轻型航♥空♥母舰
We sank one of their light carriers,
一艘大舰
one of their big first-line jobs
和几艘小艇
and some of their smaller ships.
看上去我们好像打平了 将军
Looks like we just about broke even, Admiral.
马特 他们的一艘航♥空♥母舰不能和我们的一艘相比
We can’t trade the Japanese carrier for carrier, Matt.
战争开始的时候他们的力量是我们的三倍
We started out with a three-to-one superiority.
“列克星顿”号♥现在被击沉”萨♥拉♥托♥加♥”失去战斗能力
With the Lexington gone, the Saratoga laid up,
我们现在只剩下”大黄蜂”号♥
all we’ve got is Hornet,
“开拓者”号♥和”约克顿”号♥
Enterprise and the Yorktown to counter Yamamoto’s next move.
“约克顿”号♥在珊瑚海受到重创
Sir, Yorktown was heavily damaged at Coral Sea.
这是最新报告
There’s the follow-up report.
将军 罗彻弗指挥官有紧急情报给您
Admiral, Commander Rochefort has something urgent, he says.
是关于目标”A-F”也就是”A-F”的意思
It’s about Objective AF, sir, the meaning of AF.
我们的监听人员从山本 指挥官之间的联络中
Now, our listening posts have been picking up lot of traffic
截获信息
between Yamamoto’s flag commanders.
关于目标”A-F”
There has been a very heavy volume of traffic, sir,
最近有大量的通讯联络
with recurrent references to Objective AF and… What was it?
以及”A-O”
AO. AO. Yeah.
“A-O”也许只是用来转移目标
AO is still a mystery, Admiral, maybe a diversion.
我认为,我们已经确定了”A-F”的含义
But I think we’ve identified Objective AF.
那就是中途岛
It’s Midway.
我的一位下属还记得
Now, it had us really stymied there,
去年三月
until one of my men remembered an enemy intercept
我们截获的一个电报
we decoded last March.
一架日军侦查机发报说
Now, a Jap reconnaissance pilot
它位于”A-F”附近
radioed his base that he’s passing close to AF.
我们分♥析♥了它可能经过的所有的地方
Now, we’ve plotted every possible course his plane might have taken,
当时它唯一可能经过的地方