– took her to Mount Kilimanjaro? – Now, about your book,
确实非比寻常
it’s very unusual, indeed.
我觉得某种程度上可以说是科幻小说了
I mean, in a way, it’s almost like science fiction.
我们都恐惧死亡 置疑自己在世间的位置
We all fear death, and question our place in the universe.
作家笔下的工作是决不能屈服于绝望
The artist’s job is not to succumb to despair,
而是要帮读者找到空虚生活中的寄托
but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.
你的话如此清晰有活力 不要做失败主义者
You have a clear and lively voice. Don’t be such a defeatist.
让吉尔带上西装
Tell Gil to bring his suit,
明晚我们得出席晚宴
’cause we’re going to be dining formal tomorrow night.
我忘了告诉你 其实
I forgot to tell you, actually.
吉尔不去圣米歇尔山了
Gil isn’t coming to Mont Saint-Michel.
为什么 我搞不懂
Why not? I don’t understand it!
因为 他在写作 又要改稿
Because, he writes. He rewrites.
反复修改 千锤百炼 懂了吗
He rewrites the rewrites, you know?
他说 毕加索从不离开他的工作室
He says, “Picasso never left his studio”.
我告诉他 吉尔
I said, “Gil, you have
你跟毕加索可是毫无共同之处
absolutely nothing in common with Picasso”.
他就看了我一眼
He just looks at me.
错过美好周末是他的损失
Well, he’s gonna miss a great weekend.
鸟儿如此
And that’s why birds do it
蜜蜂如此
Bees do it
就连受过训练的跳蚤如此
Even educated fleas do it
来吧 让我们坠入爱河
Let’s do it Let’s fall in love
西班牙的贵族如此
In Spain, the best upper-sets do it
立陶宛人和列托人如此
Lithuanians and Letts do it
有科尔·波特的唱片吗
You have any Cole Porter?
-你好 -你好
– Hi. – Hey.
-我记得你 -是吗
– I remember you. – Yeah?
-你说他是你朋友 -科尔·波特 没错
– He was your friend. – Cole Porter? Yeah.
别忘了 琳达也是我的朋友
And don’t forget about Linda. She was a friend, too.
-你知道我是开玩笑的吧 -我知道
– You realize I was kidding? – Yeah. I did realize.
你年轻了点
You’re a bit young.
是啊 你也很年轻 可你却熟知他的作品
Yeah. You seem a bit young to be so familiar with his work.
大概是因为他写了许多关于巴黎的歌♥
It’s because he wrote many songs about Paris.
是啊 故事怎么说的来着
Yeah. What was the story? It was
好像是他爱上了你的家乡之类的
like he was in love with your hometown, or something.
-你是巴黎人吗 -没错 先生
– Are you a Parisian? – Yes, monsieur.
先生 叫我吉尔吧
“Yes, monsieur”. Feel free to call me Gil.
-这张多少钱 -这张吗
– What do I owe you? – For this?
-18欧元 -好的
– Dix-huit Euros. – OK.
牡蛎湾的牡蛎如此
Oysters down in Oyster Bay do it
来吧 让我们坠入爱河
Let’s do it Let’s fall in love
寒冷的开普敦的蚌如此 虽然不情愿
Cold Cape Cod clams ‘gainst their wish, do it
连懒惰的水母都如此
Even lazy jellyfish do it
来吧 让我们坠入爱河
Let’s do it, Let’s fall in love
能帮我翻译一下吗
Can you translate this?
你会说英语吗
Do you speak any English?
好吧 谢谢
OK. Alright, thank you.
巴黎的存在
“That Paris exists,
而人们会选择居住
and anyone could choose to live”
在世界的其他任何地方
“Anywhere else in the world,
对我来说永远是个迷
will always be a mystery to me”.
亨利·马蒂斯:法国野兽派画家
与帕布罗和亨利·马蒂斯共进晚餐
“Dinner with… Dinner with Pablo, and Henri Matisse”.
作为艺术家 帕布罗更胜一筹
“Pablo is the greater artist,
但作为画家 马蒂斯更出色
but Matisse is the greater painter”.
夏日的巴黎 在巴黎最好的时光
“Paris in the summer. What it must have been like,”
在美心餐厅 和爱人坐在一起
“To sit opposite one’s lover at Maxim’s, in its…”
会是怎样的感觉啊
“In its… um… best time”.
我爱上了刚刚认识的美国作家
“I’m in love with an American writer I just met,”
他叫吉尔·彭德
“Named Gil Pender”.
传说中的爱神之箭瞬间击中了我
“That immediate magic one hears about happened to me”.
我知道毕加索和海明威都爱我
“I know that both Picasso and Hemingway are in love with me,”
但是 莫可名状的
“But for whatever… inexplicable…”
-因着莫可名状的原因 -对 是这个词
– inexplicable… reason…- Yes. Yes.
我的心
the heart has,
深深被吉尔吸引
“I am drawn by Gil”.
也许是因为他看起来天真而谦虚
“Perhaps because he seems naive and unassuming”.
常道天意弄人
“As always in this sad life,”
他就要和一个叫伊内兹的女人结婚了
“He’s about to marry a woman named Inez”.
我梦到他来找我
“I had a dream where he came to me”
还给我带了礼物 是一对耳环
“And brought me a little gift. Earrings, they were,”
之后我们共赴云雨
“And we made love”.
耳环
Earrings…
耳环
Earrings…
我的天啊 你们怎么回来了
Whoa! Oh my God! What are you guys doing?
爸爸胸口痛
Daddy had chest pains.
-是吗 -是的 不过是消化不良罢了
– Oh, really? – Yeah. I’m sure it’s just indigestion.
我们不能冒险
We can’t take that chance.
他三年前刚做过血管修复术
You know he had an angioplasty 3 years ago.
是的
Yeah. Right.
他们把气球塞进了我胸口 有什么大不了的
They put a balloon in me. Big deal.
-气球 -请让酒店医生到728房♥间
– Balloon? – I would like the hotel doctor, please, in room 728.
不用叫医生
Don’t call the doctor!
吉尔 你精心打扮要去哪里
Gil, why are you so dressed up?
我 不不 我没要出去 我一直在写作
Me? No, no, no, I’m not. I’ve been writing.
我刚才正在动笔
I was just doing a little writing.
你穿得很帅 喷古龙水写作吗
Wh… You dress up and put on cologne to write?
我刚刚去洗澡了
No, no. I jumped in the shower,
很快就出来了 你知道我在那里容易有灵感
just for a second. You know how I think better in the shower,
于是就文思如泉涌了
and I get the positive ions going in there?
我们去圣米歇尔山 刚走到半路
So, we were halfway to Mont Saint-Michel
爸爸就发病了 他的脸白得像鬼一样
when Daddy just… he went pale as a ghost.
-太糟糕了 -吓死人了
– That’s terrible! – I mean, it was so scary, so we just
-所以我们马上打道回府 -你做的很对
– turned right around and came back. – Yeah. You had to.
约翰 需要我做点什么吗
John, is there anything I can get, for your color to me looks
你看起来气色不错 可我不是医生
like it’s OK, but I’m not a doctor.
没事 我很好
Naw, I’m fine.
都怪她非让我吃什么红葡萄酒烧牛肉
I’m sure it’s the beef bourguignon she made me have.
-那是什么 -什么
– What is that? – Where?
-你手里的东西 -没什么
– That in your hand. – Nothing.
-是个礼物 -是礼物
– That was a present! – I know. I know.
这个不是…是…
I mean, it’s not… It… It is!
-给我的吗 -是的
– Pour moi? – Yes.
这不是多贵的 是在跳蚤市场买♥♥的
It’s not… incredible… It’s from the flea market.
-我能打开看看吗 -不要 不行
– Well, can I open it? – No, no no,
你不能打开 亲爱的 我准备
That’s what I’m saying. Honey, it’s for a special dinner
在咱们共进浪漫晚餐的时候再送给你
that we’re gonna have, then I’m going to give it to you.
是珠宝吗 如果是珠宝
Is it jewelry? I hope it’s my taste,
希望符合我的品味
if it’s jewelry, because…
可别像那条月长石项链一样
that moonstone necklace?
我以为你喜欢那条项链
But I thought you liked the moon?
虽然朴素 但却优雅
Because it’s understated, but elegant.
就像你常说的那样
That’s what you always say.
我常说的是 便宜没好货
Cheap is cheap, is what I always say.
是啊 你没见过这项链
Yeah. You didn’t see this necklace.
其实我从来没戴过
I’ve never actually even worn it.
给你看看 你马上就明白了
I’ll show you. You’ll see why immediately.
怎么大家突然都讨厌月长石了
Everybody’s down on moonstone, all of a sudden.
它们过于简单了
they are… A little simple.
我以为你看中的正是简洁
I think… I thought you loved their simplicity.
问题就出在这儿 太简单了
Yeah, that’s the problem. They’re too simple.
这我怎么知道 太简单了
Well, what do I know? Too simple.
我的珍珠耳环呢
Where are my pearl earrings?
你带来了吗
Did… Did you bring them?
我不记得你带来了
I don’t even remember you packing them.
我带来了 我还戴过呢
Yes, I did, because I’ve worn them here!
你没带过吧 也许耳环自己掉了呢
No, you didn’t. Oh, they must’ve fallen out!
怎么可能两个都掉了 吉尔 我有耳洞的
Both of them? Gil, my ears are pierced.
伊内兹 跟你说过东西要放酒店保险箱里
Inez, I told you to keep everything in the hotel safe!
-会不会是服务员偷的 -绝对是服务员
– Do you think it was the maid? – It’s always the maid.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!